{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Thank you very much for the AlbertoT information, I have read your post and the one you quote, but the truth is that everything sounds like Chinese, I look unable to do all that: D

morgana's profile photo
morgana
04/19/2016 12:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Morgana The "official" clock of the Nightcout project is Pebble.

But to be able to use the clock with our Dexcom G4 receiver (which does not have bluetooth) we have 2 alternatives:
1) Connect by a usb otg cable physically our dexcom receiver to mobile and mobile through Nightcout app Upload all information to a website that must be mounted.And from there to the clock.Problem-> The Dexcom receiver must be carried to the phone all the time by the cable.
2) Buy or make an XDrip yourself, which is a device that reads the radio waves that emits the Dexcom transmitter of our body and passes them through Bluetooth to an app of our mobile and from here to a website and from here to the clock.In this case there are no cables and we can leave the Dexcom receiver at home.

In both cases you have to read slowly and have a bit of a morning with mobile/computers.

The 3 option is to wait for the Dexcom G5 to arrive in Spain more or less for June.The G5 transmitter transmits through Bluetooth directly to the mobile and mobile to the clock (neither a cable nor an XDRIP is needed)

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/19/2016 1:27 p.m.

Thank you very much Albertot.

It is a mess but it will have to be curited since the G5 seems to come out much more expensive.

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
04/19/2016 1:52 p.m.

And on top of G 5 the transmitter lasts less for sending the data by Bluetooth and still does not say the price, but surely more expensive.

But the Smarwatch 2 is not worth?Only the Pebble?

morgana's profile photo
morgana
04/19/2016 2:58 p.m.

As far as I know, with Dexcom G4 Plat and Nightcout you have Pebble and now Garmin.I have a Garmin Vivoactive right now working with XDRIP.

With G5 of Conde there is only app for Apple.I think they are only using Apple Watch.I understand that when I arrive in Spain you will come with the Android app and Android Wear watches.I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/19/2016 4:28 p.m.

Albertot said:
As far as I know, with Dexcom G4 Plat and Nightcout you have pebble and now also Garmin.I have a Garmin Vivoactive right now working with XDRIP.

With G5 of Conde there is only app for Apple.I think they are only using Apple Watch.I understand that when I arrive in Spain you will come with the Android app and Android Wear watches.I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong

Albertot here as in the US.Android zero for now.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/19/2016 11:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello everyone

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/20/2016 8:26 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have been using Dexcom for several years and this week my dexcom has given me wrong and from there it does not happen, it has no guarantee or anything so he called Novalab, because I bought a friend.There is no way to work again, it is one of the first Dexcom G4.Does anyone know this mistake and what to do?
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/20/2016 8:35 a.m.

@Epic2008 The instructions more or less that they go and I do not know him
Here is the manual I have reviewed it and this error is not.
Link
The receiver is Spanish?
I would sincerely call Novalab, where do you buy the sensors?Because the receiver is worth not buying it to them but the sensors?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/20/2016 9:18 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

If the receiver is from Novolab and the sensors the same, only that by not being in guarantee the solution they can give me through the box, if with the help of someone I can fix it myself would be perfect.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/20/2016 9:30 a.m.

Yes but ask that nothing happens, if it is easy I think they will tell you safe.But at least you know that it is the error.
When you know if you can please comment that we know.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/20/2016 10:35 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

This is the message that gives me.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/20/2016 4:20 p.m.

That before I am wrong

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/20/2016 4:21 p.m.

@Epic2008 I think just like @jconegar, by the error code it is not known what fails if the receiver the transmitter or the sensor, in addition, the worst thing that can happen is that they tell you that it is the receiver and you will decide ifYou are interested in buying another or not.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
04/20/2016 5:43 p.m.

Well, having in Spain an 88% smartphones with Android would not be more than when they sell the G5 here to synchronize it with Android, less inconvenient for us and greater benefit for them ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/20/2016 6:07 p.m.

@sigsauer thinks that Novalab is the distributor laboratory only, they can only send us the products from there, and not all, I do not know exactly if it is because the mother house does not want everything to come to Spain or by Novalab, it is like the theme ofAbbot and his meter with alarms that do not arrive in Spain and sell us shabby as if it were novelty.The manufacture is in the US and we depend on them.Maybe in Spain it appears in Android but I assure you that for now it is not.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/20/2016 8:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I imagine that Apple refuses that there is Android application, has signed the exclusive, like everything D Apple

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/20/2016 11:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

They are working in APP for Android, which happens that they cannot talk about it because legally they cannot talk about medical products that have not yet been approved.

In fact, it is possible that the G5 does not arrive with Android predominance as Spain until an app for Android approved.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/21/2016 1:58 a.m.

The problem as I understand is that Apple (iOS) is a much more closed system and "in theory" sure android for developers who wantThere are 2 unofficial Android applications to make readings that are not from Abbott and that is why the American FDA only gave its permission for Apple and not for Android, in Europe I understand that it will be the official agency to which it corresponds to give the viewWell to a hypothetical Android application for G5.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/21/2016 1:29 p.m.

Good morning
Does anyone know how long the G5 issuer lasts?
I have been told in Novolab that 112 days, but I would like to know if it is limited by SW or not, that is, I would like to know how many transmitters are needed a year.
If someone has it, I would appreciate it to clarify it.
Thank you so much

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
04/22/2016 7:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.