{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

I believe that the bad experience with the first two Dexcom sensors is usual.More people have already commented on the forum and I was about to throw in the towel and send it to spread onions.
I do not know if they are the nerves, the novelty, some expectations not adjusted to the product ... there is something.
If you overcome those first days and 'reamueblas' the preconceived idea, in a short time you will not be able to live without it.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/27/2016 8:01 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

The important discrepancies between Dexcom and hair measurement has also happened to us on occasion, when I called Novalab, they explained that it can happen sometimes when the "hair" moves, what you have to do is put a calibration and the calibration and the15 min A second calibration, then during the next time keep in mind that there can be some difference, after that time of parentheses you can check that the values ​​are again correct.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
03/28/2016 12:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone.I am new for this forum, so I will try not to get much to see answers and others.
I use the Dexcom G4 since January, since the nocturnal hypos had bored!
Also last month has told me the endocrine that I must leave the insulin Lantus and move on to Tresiba ..
Thanks to G4 I have got rid of strong hypos, it is wonderful.
But I have read there something to buy the sensors in the US.
From the end of January that I have it I have not bought sensors yet because I lengthened it the maximum, but now I have to buy.
Can anyone explain how you could buy on the US online?
Thanks =)

Ágora Suárez Sánchez's profile photo
Ágora Suárez Sánchez
04/03/2016 11:09 p.m.

@Siple to buy in the US but I am wrong to have someone known to buy them, from here I think they cannot be purchased.My question is that it happens if you stop them in customs which is overpricing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/04/2016 8:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
@Sople to buy in the US but I am wrong you must have someone known to buy them, from here I think they cannot be bought.My question is that it happens if you stop them in customs which is overpricing.

I tell you that I already had to pay ... 21% VAT, plus processing expenses (18 euros), plus the appropriate tariff (between 5 and 10%, it depends on how they consider it).The thing is going to 30% + 18 euros from the amount (for example, if there are $ 300 + $ 45, when you get here you will have to pay $ 125 more (the shipment is considered for the calculation). And above,You have no guarantee (that they do not fail, but to pay them more expensive than here, then ... better to have it if you fail).You always paid ... now store shipments (which have an invoice out) you pay if or yes.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/04/2016 5:45 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello !! I bought the Dexcom G4 for my girl, somewhere to buy stickers?I am going crazy looking online and I don't give it ....@jconegar if I remember badly you took it tuned with some stickers. Thank you !!

beti's profile photo
beti
04/07/2016 6:41 p.m.

@beti If Beti passed me your mail and I get forward to you all x there tomorrow.Name please that I skip the message or send it by private that I do not forget, I have it at work

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/07/2016 9:49 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Beti.If you can tell your experience.I bought it from my child but we use it discontinuously and I haven't tried it yet ...
I know, there are 45 days to return it and they will happen to us but only when we are convinced that it touches.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
04/08/2016 12:10 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I am waiting for Abbott's sensor to run out.I have decided on Dexcom for the alarms. I think your child is smaller.Mine is eleven years old.I have taken X-Drip and a Pebble to take it and I am already heating my helmets by installing everything ... Ufff.We have had some strong nocturnal hypo and I have caught them as if I smelled them. But I need to sleep peacefully. Between their sugar and mine I am already overwhelmed !!!And on top of that the poor had another descent doing an exam with a teacher with which he has little confidence and said nothing until he finished it, and I came out crying very affected, he felt very fragile .... I think the continuous measurement in a clockIt is wonderful for the one who carries it, for very reassuring parents.

beti's profile photo
beti
04/08/2016 8:38 p.m.

@beti I have sent you a private message, take a look I hope it serves you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/08/2016 10:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Mine 6 years .... The exams is still not a problem !!!!The truth is that for me that I am not very technology, paste, xDrip, it sounds like science fiction, my greatest fear is that it rejects it flat, so we are so slow, we try to be happy and as far as possible an acceptable control..... Come on, a hard fight, how many.In May we have a wedding in England and surely we carry it ... it will be a hard test !!!!And just like you took it for alarms and hopefully it is more accurate than free .... although the second I do not see it so clear.

Papajesus1
04/10/2016 10:34 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hi @Papajesus1, I have taken free and dexcom g4 at the same time for 1 month.In my case (each we are a world) both were very exact.Slightly superior and detecting changes before free, but I finally opted for the Dexcom G4 for the theme of alarms.
Regarding Xdrip there is someone (at least one is one in UK) who sells them already made, in the absence of putting 4 tin dots.If you are interested, I look for the web to ask for it and I pass it to you.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/10/2016 11:04 a.m.

My experience with the first Dexcom G4 sensor happened to you.I put it in the abdomen and totally agree with what you told me, it is quite uncomfortable although in the end you get used to.I have lasted almost 4 weeks and changed it because I was already beginning to give some mistake and since this week I had important issues I preferred to change it.Now I opt for the arm to see how it is going.
In general, very good experience, in measures it seems similar to Free with some specific differences, which is differential is the continuous shipment of data and alarms.I think there are things that could improve in the free style such as that the transmitter stored data and when you synchronize again everything and thus there would be less lost data.But we are delighted and with a duration 4 weeks, removing the initial investment, the day to day the same or cheaper comes out.Thank you very much for the tips and aids in this first sensor.

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
04/11/2016 10:49 a.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

@Papajesus1 looks at this thread of the forum is everything in the XDrip is all true.

Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/11/2016 1:30 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you very much for the information.I just put your first sensor.Nothing hurts and when I say anything is nothing.My child has not complained and with the free something he complained.What has cost me is the beginning, learning to put it is difficult, I have had to repeat the video several times, I needed several hours of study before inserting it ... we go as a father if I have had to work to learn to learn to learnput it on and although I was scared ... my son has not hurt
I will give you my opinion of more things, right now I don't know more.The X-Drip right now, I am big, I don't know anything.First I will see how my child is doing.

Papajesus1
04/17/2016 3:46 p.m.

Hello
First of all thank everyone to do this forum
since thanks to you I have known the Free which has been a great advance for the control of the glucose of my wife who has been spinning with sugar for more than 25 years.
Now we are thinking about Dexcon but we doubt between the G4 and the G5, (which they have told us market it here in June).
The problem of the G5 is that it is more expensive due to the topic of the transmitter, but it has some substantial advantage that cannot be solved with the G4?.
If someone could clarify my doubts a little, I would appreciate it.
Greetings

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
04/17/2016 7:36 p.m.

@antonmartin The G5 is said to be more accurate but we are particularly g4 goes to the hair, some strange measure if I have slept on it, but we are going for no abysmal differences, and how do I know if I slept over it?Well, I have come to have a camera, I will see how I sleep hahaha, and verify if I have slept a lotStrange, I have no intention to change it, strange differences can occur if you lengthen the sensor for a long time but you also have to know how to play with them, for example in week 4 that tells you that you have 90 and be 140, because II make a calibration of 170 if it is in the morning and not 140, so the meter adjusts more or less to 140 and the rest of the day well.The main difference of G4 with the G5 is that it connects by Bluetooth but that also has its problems, that will happen with the mobile battery?There are few mobiles to hold that jog.You can send the G5 the data to the cloud to a smartwatch, but always Apple, there is talk of Android in the future but that theme is very black.
The G4 if you look at the XDRIP thread can also be sent to the cloud and that the potatoes can see the children as they are remote.And then what you say about the issuer's duration.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/17/2016 11:05 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello, could anyone tell me that Smarwatch is better to synchronize with the Dexcom G4 Platinium, through the Nightwatch app?Are they all worth?Or do you have to know in particular?
Thank you :)

morgana's profile photo
morgana
04/19/2016 10:26 a.m.

Hello
Does anyone know where you can buy the XDrip?
Thank you

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
04/19/2016 10:46 a.m.

Hello good,

@Morgana @antonmartin: There is a very good entry into the forum, of our partner Artorias, where everything is explained:

Link

By the way, for those who have the XDrip: What algorithm will you better?Original Dexcom G4 or XDrip?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/19/2016 12:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.