{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

papagesus1 said:
I just passed to Dexcom, so far I have used free and have several doubts .... How is it going in the arm how in free?Anyone has updated the software how in USA?I hope not to have wrong, it is for my child and I see the alarms very important.Greetings and thanks to all.A curiosity, in Novalab they have not assured me that the receiver serves for the G5, I hope it is worth but they have not assured me.

Hello, what is the use of G5, I almost tell you to forget.
The one that serves for the G5 is the Dexcom G4 Share, which can be updated for the G5.The normal one, the one that is sold in Europe, which I know, neither can it be expected.
On the other hand ... what sense does it have to use a G5 with a receiver?I mean, the transmitter is fat (is the size of the old G4), it lasts 3 months instead of a year ... and to see it in the receiver itself?I do not know, or that I miss something, or that is called Timo

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/20/2016 12:50 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Not to give a child a child.The receiver would take him to school.That is the idea.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
03/20/2016 7:15 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

@Papajesus1, if the child is going to take the receiver, what do you want the G5?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/20/2016 7:37 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The Dexcom alarm is heard without problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/20/2016 10:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The parents would see the graphics from work.We could control it while it is in the cole.That is the idea.

Papajesus1
03/20/2016 11:25 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I imagine, I don't know, that the G5 receiver will send information to the cloud, internet, without the need for a mobile and that parents can recover that information.

Papajesus1
03/20/2016 11:30 p.m.

@Papajesus1 to G5 if you need to have a mobile to send the data to the cloud.Your little one must have a mobile too and only goes with iPhone.The receiver is not necessary but they force you to buy it, things from the FDA.You must have another iPhone.
And you are correct at all times the control of your child.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/21/2016 12:13 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Papajesus1 said:
I imagine, I don't know, that the G5 receiver will send information to the cloud, internet, without the need for a mobile and that parents can recover that information.

No, the G5 receiver is the same as that of G4, it only serves to see the graph and for alarms.

To use the functions in the cloud you would need to match a mobile by Bluetooth and use the official Dexcom program to raise the data to the cloud, and from there you see them on your mobile with the Dexcom program installed.

At the moment it is only for iPhone, but when it leaves here there will also be Android version.They will not get it here until they have the approved Android app, since here Android is the majority market.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 12:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think I am going to put in the forum a tutorial of initiation to Nightscout, since there are parents here and some is encouraged.

If @Fer receives Novalab pressures that deletes him and that's it.

I'm going to do it, I already had half done, to see if I finish it today.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 1:28 a.m.

@Papajesus1, what they have told you, to be able to see you from work, the child needs to carry a mobile, both in the G4, that wearing the 2 things, the receiver and the mobile and a cable that communicates them (receiver- Mobile), as with the G5, which in this case would only carry the mobile (at the moment only iPhone) but mobile has to take with the 2 dexcom

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 8:07 a.m.

Link has-good-pinta/

and the dexcomg5?It is not yet in Spain, but it is yet ...
They say there is enough difference because you can get the glucose level data (hypos) to a mobile app.
Personally, with a little girl I would allow me to control the values ​​without being with her ...
If we make the investment in G4 it is possible that there is no compatibility with G5 later ...
I don't know ... we are waiting.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
03/21/2016 8:50 a.m.

Hello colleagues, as I told you days ago I am testing the Dexcom G4 and it seems that a one -eyed man has looked at me ... The first sensor lasted me 4 days, the symbols of "???" began.To show themselves instead of glucose value, they went and went until they were not removed.I called Novolab and they replaced the sensor.

Second sensor, today 7 days ago ... and the symbols of "???"and therefore to miss values ​​in the graph.What do I do wrong?They all last 15 days at least 7 ... I change sensors every 7 days I ruin.

They told me in Novolab that it could be because I crush the sensor.I carry it in the gut.Can this be?When I feel if a clear tad is crushed.Do I change the site?If I put it on the arm I will crush it too with the jacket I suppose.

HelpThankssss

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/21/2016 1:02 p.m.

@Alberto, do you insert it well? Do you squeeze the embolo to the bottom and then throw from the ring until the end?Or the transmitter adjustment, do you do the 2 clips?Watch that the 2 transmitter patilllas are well placed.
It is very rare that they do not last 1 week

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 2:49 p.m.

@Mogi, the G5 has its advantages and its inconveniences: the advantage is clear, to be able to see it in the mobile (for the moment it only works with iPhone),
And as inconvress: the receiver even if you do not use it, you have to buy the same, thicker transmitter and transmitter change every 3 months at the same price as the one that lasts 1 year for the G4.
The G4 with the Nightscout also passes the data to the TLF and from there to the cloud.
It is cheaper and used with Android
At the moment I am left with my G4 even if I have iPhone, each one who throws their accounts and according to their economy but the function for parents to see the data at a distance can be done the same with the NightScout system and it is much cheaper

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 2:57 p.m.

I already finished a first version of the Nightscout Guide:
Link

At first it is a bit overwhelming, if someone manages better.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 3:05 p.m.

Hello, I need some information about the Dexcom.I have requested Novalab and they have provided it to me but for the issue of financing and prices of the transmitters and receiver when you have to change it they have not told me anything.What to pay the € 1300 plus VAT when they stop using?In the brochure they have sent me, it puts a minimal guarantee of 6 months, is that what lasts?The theme of the sensors if they go on account with respect to the free, but if you have to pay that amount when it stops working ... it is too much.Let's see if you can inform me a little.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/21/2016 3:10 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

@Irenemv, the transmitter puts 6 months warranty but the majority is telling us a year.
The sensors, mormally from 15 days up and when the transmitter is exhausted, I already tell you that about a year since you take it out of the box, you buy another loose transmitter, it seems to me that it was 430 €

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 3:16 p.m.

@Irenemv, check out: Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 3:21 p.m.

Thank you @gala, then see what I decide, this Saturday I had a substitute with a descent and I am considering putting it on, but you have to make numbers.The truth is that it is a disbursement at the beginning but later ... it is more or less like free.Can it be financed?And when you welcome the annual subscription, everything is paid on the pull or is you paying as you use it?

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/21/2016 3:22 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

Thank you @Arotorias, it is very well explained, what I have left to know is the financing issue and if the annual subscription must be paid or paid as the sensors are sent to you.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/21/2016 3:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.