{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Thank you very much @Pabloj2000

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
02/05/2015 9:49 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

asanz said:
aaandres said:
by the way, @asanz,
If Paco sleeps away from your room and it is difficult for you to hear the Dexcom notices, in addition to the "Nightscout" solution (or what is called), you have the humblest but effective to put the receiver on a mobile with some sixth application activated.When the Dexcom vibrate the mobile alarm will be activated.

Thank you all, this forum helps a lot, because you learn from the experiences of others.
I am reading enough American forums about the users of the G4 and I observe that at all times the receiving devices between adults and pediatric differentiates, even the last algorithms update is only for the G4 for adults.I consulted with Novalab and they told me that there is only one device that serves adults and children.Is it true?Even on the Dexcom page you can see that the child are blue, black or roses, and those of always black adults.Do you know anything about it?
Another thing I have seen is that they advise to calibrate when the trend arrow is horizontal, never vertical even if you ask for calibration.

Theoretically the new algorithm is effectively for the standard version (that is, adults), I do not know if they already published it in Spain.On the Dexcom, there are 2 versions, the normal, and the Pediatric, which is basically the same (well, it is the same), but it has 2 extra screens in "start sensor" and "low alert" (I suppose I do not knowRemember the child how to do it, I don't know).Pediatric is also approved to use with sensors in the upper part of the "culete" (for children) and the abdomen (let's say that for the sensor guarantee purposes, in a child you can claim if you fail you in that position, different from the abdomenwhich is what the "normal" covers).All this in USA, of course, I don't know if they have the pediatric version.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
02/05/2015 9:52 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

And you are going to laugh ...

This "apartment" that is done for about 50 euros in components ... works with an application (Dexrip), and what it does is capture the signal sent by the transmitter, and send it by Bluetooth (to the mobile).

If everything is invented.Now they are going to put the transmitter that transmits to the mobile, and that lasts 2 or 3 months ... everything is for earning money.When with the current system you can make a small (small) additional device, or the Dexcom receptor itself, which captures the data and transmitted them by Bluetooth for those determined to want to see it in the mobile at any price (I do not, of course),And all happy.

Or better, that they stop so much "progress" (in fact, there is nothing new for 8 years, for a lot of colored screen that it has), and maintain the same product, because with each generationraise ... We'll fix ourselves to solve the shortcomings (as we have already done)

greetings

pabloj2000
02/06/2015 3:45 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I already have my dexcom and I have placed my first sensor, after reading all your messages I have put the sensor in the upper part of the ass to see how the thing is going, I am looking forward to the first 2 hours and start seeing how it willthis.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
02/06/2015 8:43 p.m.

Welcome to the "Club".;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/06/2015 10:12 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Congratulations Lauriki.Understand the device little by little, trends and others.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/06/2015 10:29 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

According to nothing suspicious Wall Street Journal, the new Dexcom G5 can "read" in the Apple Watch thanks to an app that they are developing.Another good news ... Link has-good-pinta/

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/09/2015 9:37 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, it looks good, it only remains that the price also decreases.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/09/2015 4:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have traveled out of Spain ...
I wear it as described by the girl is in the video:
Link
In addition, I use Fixomull on the patch and put it right away, after putting the sensor.In this way, he works with Vibe even in the pool.
Let's see if I put a photo of how I wear it.
Greetings

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
02/16/2015 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good night.Try to update the Dexcom when the new software came out and the program told me that there were no updates available for my device.I connect with an American server (in case they leaked by IP as channel 4 of the BBC) and nothing, so it must be by serial number or that I know ...
I wrote and insisted that I wanted to update it, but they told me that by the issue of licenses it would not be possible and that they go directly to the G5, and that they would have news for the European market.
For those who can be interested :-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/09/2015 10:13 p.m.

I fear that the update will not include European models, I have not been able to verify it, but I think it will be so ... Europe for Dexcom is a secondary market, in addition, in these health issues, updates are more complex than whatThey seem (many homologations are needed ... that for each country and continent they are different).
It is best to buy and pay the "new" product -best for them-
If you have an American Dexcom you can update it from here (the IP does not matter), the device information reads you.

Anyway ... What are you trying to update it?The download dexcom software is not the one that does the update.You need to log in and be a customer in Dexcom USA, and from there you download the update.
What happens is that from here you will not be able to be a client there (unless you already had the account made many years ago in the USA or their customers directly).

Greetings

pabloj2000
04/10/2015 4:46 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

It seems that Apple Watch is already confirmed.Glucose on the clock with the Dexcom G4.
Link
And as I always put a link of the Google translation.
Link & edit-text =

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/10/2015 10:37 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

But do you communicate directly with the sensor/transmitter or do it with the receiver?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/10/2015 11:31 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, that is the case that I do not finish seeing it clear.
Because the receiver with Bluetooth is not sold in Spain, so if in Spain it is not marketed, what happens when you announce the Apple Watch will say in Spain is not possible?
If the G5 do not know when it will arrive and until the time comes, it will be difficult to know when it will arrive through all the controls that the Apple Watch ads that the glucose for Spain will not be worth it will not be worth it.
I don't know to be honest, but I think the clock also replaces the receiver, but the iPhone mobile is missing?will the emitter directly connect to the clock?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/11/2015 1:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Pabloj200
I download the Dexcom USA software, install it, connect the DEXCOM and told me that, that there are no updates available.
By the way, they tell me in Novolab that the G5 sensors will be the same as the current G4 (and from sensors or a subscription ...), that what will change will be the transmitter.It is good news because we can continue using the sensors and a bad one because they are not going to make them smaller ...

Edito: As for Apple Watch, the iPhone is needed to use the clock.
Now a question arises: if the transmitter is contemplated by Bluetooth to the iPhone (with the battery consumption that supposes; the battery of the watch does not seem that it lasts long - although it is also on the screen ...-) and the Apple WatchAlso, how are you going to connect two devices at the same time to the iPhone by Bluetooth?

I edit again: until now I used no-sting Skin-prep in spray so that the sensor was stuck as long as possible, and I have read from some forero that was recommended Fixomull.The fact is that in Spain it seems that the Skin-PREP is no longer marketed, and the 10x5 cm fixomull does not exist either (at least this is what they tell me in the two pharmacies in which I have asked) any of you use them/Do you know where to buy them (I have seen them on eBay, yes, on the other side of the puddle ...)?
Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/13/2015 9:27 a.m.

A doubt, has the following happened to you?

Yesterday I noticed that the Dexcom sensor was taking off a little and I got skintac but today I have the feeling that I have it much more detached, can it be ??Has anyone happened to someone?

Thank you!

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/13/2015 6:09 p.m.

lauriki said:
a doubt, has the following happened to you?

Yesterday I noticed that the Dexcom sensor was taking off a little and I got skintac but today I have the feeling that I have it much more detached, can it be ??Has anyone happened to someone?

Thanks!

What I notice when I permeate the Skin Tac not in the first moment before pasteing the sensor is that the tape that the sensor carries is rigid but it is stuck, but it makes rigid wrinkles.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2015 7:04 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:

What I notice when I permeate the Skin Tac not in the first moment before pasteing the sensor is that the tape that the sensor carries is rigid but it is stuck, but it makes rigid wrinkles.

Yesterday I noticed what was rigido today totally soft and detached, when you apply the skintac for the second time when you have already been with the sensor, you pass it directly on the skin and put the tape, right?

I hadn't done it other times and I hadn't happened to me and I don't know if I have done something strange.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/13/2015 7:07 p.m.

I don't do that.The first thing I do is lift the skin tape a little and I permeate well between the skin and the tape (of the sensor), I let it dry a little before pressing the tape on the skin so that it sticks well.If you don't let dry a bit, don't hit well.
And then when I have already hit the tape, what I do is moisten well above just the limits of the tape, but let's go that is what I do that I do not say that it is the best.
What is true that permeating the skin tac on the skin before putting the sensor holds much more time, the wipe envelope I open it with scissors on one side of the narrows to be a clean cut, and then after using itThe first time I close it with fixo well so that not between any air, so if I take off I use the same wipe again.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2015 9:37 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Antonio20 said:
@Pabloj200
I download the Dexcom USA software, install it, connect the DEXCOM and told me that, that there are no updates available.

Hello ... when you say the "Dexcom USA" software you will surely mean the suite, not the update.It is this ...
Link you need (you need to have an account in the USA).The DM3 - the normal application - will not be updated (in the section Search for updates).

That the G5 sensors are equal to that of G4 is "half good news", nothing more ... because if in the end you run out of transmitter, you have to go "to the new".Ideally, they continue to supply the components of the G4, but that, seeing how they work, will not ... a few months after the change and it ends, so that they force you to change.

I hate this in advance ... I hate it ... With how slow the world of diabetes ... years and years with equal products, insulins, strips ... and come, they have to come to annoy it.You can not be "still" that is also what we want - I think - the diabetics, always the same, repetition ... when you are well with something, they come, and they force you to change ... that this are not mobile!¡¡¡

I don't understand it ... Anyway ... I still continue with "obsolete" technology from 8 years ago, and very delighted hear ... I have tried to sell me not how many news and advances (and collect them well charged) ... forthat?If the result is the same -Tant laps that only serve them to fill their pockets -... I still with insulins from 10 years ago, a continuous meter of 10 years ago ... glucose strips of 10 years ago ... EverythingKeep the same ...

greetings

pabloj2000
04/14/2015 12:30 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.