{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

aaandres said:
by the way, @asanz,
If Paco sleeps away from your room and it is difficult for you to hear the Dexcom notices, in addition to the "Nightscout" solution (or what is called), you have the humblest but effective to put the receiver on a mobile with some sixth application activated.When the Dexcom vibrate the mobile alarm will be activated.

Thank you all, this forum helps a lot, because you learn from the experiences of others.
I am reading enough American forums about the users of the G4 and I observe that at all times the receiving devices between adults and pediatric differentiates, even the last algorithms update is only for the G4 for adults.I consulted with Novalab and they told me that there is only one device that serves adults and children.Is it true?Even on the Dexcom page you can see that the child are blue, black or roses, and those of always black adults.Do you know anything about it?
Another thing I have seen is that they advise to calibrate when the trend arrow is horizontal, never vertical even if you ask for calibration.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/28/2015 6:05 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

What are rose or blue housings is simply so that they are more attractive to children or at least that told me that of Novalab when I asked mine.
And the caliber of stability emperiods .. to me the Novalab commercial told me that in the Dexcom it did not matter, that it could be calibrated when we wanted but those of Medtronic if they told me that in periods of stability.The truth is that I calibrate it when it is good for me, x exempli when I lie

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/28/2015 7:23 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, good afternoon to all.
I have decided to enter this forum to tell you that if someone is interested in a glucose meter Dexcom G4 Platinum almost new at a good price can look for it in Secondamano (health and aesthetic category).I bought it because my lady had a complicated pregnancy and the sugar shot her.He had enough problems to control her and informed myself and decided to buy this meter since they talked very well about him.He had it for about three months and it went pretty good, but once the child we have not used it again, since we do not need for diabetes issues.
I am from Malaga and you can see my ad and my data in second ( Link its normal priceIt is higher and as I say it is new.If someone wants to see it we are left and without problems they taught it.
Well, I hope someone comes well.I think it's a good opportunity.
Come thanks to everyone.

Javibarquin's profile photo
Javibarquin
02/02/2015 8:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I take it now in my arm.
After trying in the belly, perhaps for sweat, but I was still taking away still fixomull/hypafix.
Now, in the arm, with the same system, wonderful.
Very reliable values ​​and perfect behavior.

Greetings.

Miguel

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
02/02/2015 12:46 p.m.

Where do you put it exactly Miguelten?It lasts longer time too?Could you catch a photo of the Internet and mark where do you put it on?thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/02/2015 1:19 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I started in the belly, but I went to the arm, because it is much more comfortable.In the belly with the car belt bothered me.In the arm, the triceps area, where there is chicha to pichar, it is great, about two weeks.The only thing you have to be careful when taking off your shirt.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
02/03/2015 2:02 p.m.

In gluteo it lasts 3 weeks and it was for trying another area to see how such.In the end impossible to put it under the axila at chest height creates chafing.
Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/03/2015 2:38 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Today the Dexcom receiver gave the antenna signal out of coverage and the sender was less than six meters (at 1 or 2 meters), I have waited for up to one hour and still does not solve, it was the ninth day of the sensor, I have opted forStop sensor and start sensor, now the antenna signal.
In addition, five days ago the receiver began to start sensor, he alone without pressing any key and when he ended at two hours he did not ask for calibration.Of all this does not put anything in the manual.Has it ever happened to you?

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/03/2015 4:51 p.m.

Not even what is left without a signal being close if it ever happened to me but that it restarts alone?That is very rare, have you called Novalab ??That is very rare

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/03/2015 6:22 p.m.

If I have been left without a signal with different sensors, I turn off and turn on the receiver and hair again.The first times I was so silly that I restart the sensor and the two famous waiting hours, but turning off and lighting it is solved.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/03/2015 6:37 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Restaling the sensor has a signal again.There will be no trick so that when restarting sensor already used we do not have to wait 2 endless hours? Surely in a Yankee forum someone has written something about it.
Thank you

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/03/2015 6:47 p.m.

That mess, the antenna was covered in a nine -day sensor, after waiting for an hour I decideThe same, I hope for an hour and the out of coverage signal;I decide to put a new sensor and in the period of 2 hours the ???, I think that the problem is emitter or receiver.If it is not solved tomorrow I will call Novalab.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/03/2015 9:49 p.m.

Call Novalab to me had to change the receiver a week because the calibration alarm did not skip and the calibration warning.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/03/2015 10:26 p.m.

I can't put the receiver in the case that Da Novalab is too small.I am looking for one that I have seen that it is silicone that they sell on a Guiri website, which I think they do not send to Spain, has anyone achieved the silicone case?

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/04/2015 2:41 p.m.

Asanz said:
I can't put the receiver in the case that Da Novalab is too small.I am looking for one that I have seen that it is silicone that they sell on a Guiri website, which I think they do not send to Spain, someone has achieved the silicone case?

I don't have the Dexcom until this afternoon but I have been watching covers and wrote to this website and they told me that they sent Spain without problems
Link ;Path=103

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
02/04/2015 2:58 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

lauriki said:
asanz said:
I can't put the receiver in the case that Da Novalab is too small.I am looking for one that I have seen that it is silicone that they sell on a Guiri website, which I think they do not send to Spain, someone has achieved the silicone case?

I don't have the Dexcom until this afternoon but I have been watching covers and wrote to this website and they told me that they sent Spain without problems
Link ;Path=103

Thank you, I just asked for a silicone case.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/04/2015 4:59 p.m.

I have found the following in an American forum (Childrenwithdiabetes), in case it can be useful:
a.This is when it should be calibrate:

1. When asked to calibrate by:
to.Two drops of red blood that appear two hours after starting (or restarting) a sensor.
b.A drop of red blood (these messages occur once 12 hours have elapsed since the most recent calibration)

2. provided that a glucometer reading is greater than or equal to 80 mg / dl and Dexcom reading is greater than 20% higher than glycometer reading or more than 20% lower than glycometer reading.

3. Whenever glycometer reading is less than or equal to 79 mg / dl and Dexcom reading is more than 20 mg / dl (no 20%) higher than glycometer reading or less than 20 mg / dl (no 20%) of the glycometer reading.

Do not calibrate, even if you are asked to do it for a drop of blood if the trend arrow points either directly or down (one or more arrows).If this is the case, wait until the steering arrow is horizontal, with slightly ascending trend, or slightly downward trend before calibrating.Be patient;that will not be "temporarily suspended" if it does not calibrate immediately after an icon of the blood drop appears.

b.It should not be calibrated:

1. If glucometer glycemia is greater than 400 mg / dl.

2. If glucometer glycemia is less than 40 mg / dl.

3. If any of the following options appear on the Dexcom screen:
to.interrogation signs
b.A sand watch
c.The antenna icon out of reach (receiver is beyond the reach of the transmitter)
d.one or more trend arrows that point either up or down (horizontal arrow or trend arrows slightly up or slightly down if you can)
and.no trend arrow (s)

Calibrate more frequently than when indicated by meansworsen the accuracy of your dexcom readings.

I repeat, this is information that I have found in an American forum, not my advice, but I reproduce it because it seems interesting.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/04/2015 6:22 p.m.

Thanks @asanz.Very clear and useful.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
02/05/2015 1:48 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Good afternoon to all another day.A question, have any requested a G4 issuer and have already received the Slim (the fine?)

Thank you all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/05/2015 7:25 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

lauriki said:
In Novalab they have confirmed that the subscription can be paid in three consecutive months.
Those who already use it is profitable to the 6 -box subscription of 6 boxes + 1 "gift" or do you have many left over?More than anything as I see that they have been lasting for 15 days and 3 weeks I doubt if it is profitable or it is better to buy as it is seen.

Hello, my advice -IYou spend it yes or yes).About "plenty of" ... they will not be left over.You can withdraw the boxes in 1 year (the first time I did not know, but they had no problem giving me the remaining boxes together), but I can tell you that as if you take them sudden (7), or spend the ones you want, and before finishing the year you take all those that remain -if you stay.And if it is for the expiration date, calm ... no matter if you spend a few days ... a few months ... a few years ... they work exactly the same, believe me.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
02/05/2015 9:47 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.