{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

The truth is that if, if it is a 1 -year subscription, it would be good to distribute it in monthly payments.some ease within the expensive for God!

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
01/26/2015 4:55 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

To my personally, except when I am extending it about two weeks it is quite accurate.That does not mean that I do not even do the values, but weird.When I have calibrated that again and that's it, I haven't worried the truth anymore.Try it for a day calibrating every a few hours to see if it has improved.If not, try to turn off and turn on the sensor and already bad bad, because to remove it, although it is a shame with so a few days.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
01/26/2015 5:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That I know the annual subscription can be done in 2 deadlines, at least last year and if then with the card you pay (for example, Bankia does) it leaves it in 6 installments without interest if you want, so you already have the feemonthly

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 6:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

banhop said:
to my personally, except for when I am extending it about two weeks is quite accurate.That does not mean that I do not even do the values, but weird.When I have calibrated that again and that's it, I haven't worried the truth anymore.Try it for a day calibrating every a few hours to see if it has improved.If not, try to turn off and turn on the sensor and already bad bad, because to remove it, although it is a shame with so a few days.

In the end I changed the sensor because it gave 50 and glucometer 150, I calibrated it several times and always outdated.Yesterday I put the second sensor and the lag is: Dexcom 91 and Glucometer 126 (approx 35% of lag), I do not know what to think, the truth is that I am not having much luck with the Dexcom taking into account that here you comment that you are quite goinggood.After the important economic disbursement I am a bit disappointed.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/26/2015 8:30 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

If it is calibrated in periods less than every 12h that Dexcom advises is worse or better, for example every 6 hours?

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/26/2015 8:33 p.m.

I have taken an annual subscription last November and Novalab has charged me in 3 -installing interests

renoca's profile photo
renoca
01/26/2015 8:57 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Aasanz@I calibrate it in the morning when I get up, at lunchtime and when I go to bed.They usually last 3-4 weeks.
Keep in mind that the glucometer can also have up to 25% difference with real heat so ... maybe it is hitting you more the Dexcom than the glucometer ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 10:34 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

asanz said:
If you calibrate in periods less than every 12h that Dexcom advises is worse or better, for example every 6 hours?

Whenever I look at the glucose I put the value, the time does not matter, it is more ... the thing to have to "calibrate" because ... since "step" ... the only problem is that he asks youThe drop (I would like to be able to get that message) for the rest, you can throw you a whole day without putting any value and mark well (yes, you ask for the drop)

The most recommended with the measurements is to try to coincide when you wake up, and when you go to sleep (for my experience), and any other value you have, you put it (and you have 12 hours without "the droplet")

On the sensors ... where you put them, it influences, and there is nothing "written" ... to me in the belly on the right side they always lasted me more and marked more precisely ... for several years ... lately almostboth sides were matched.I think they influence too many things on measurements.

Also the first days (for my experience) are not the best in the graphics ... to me the best result is given to me the second week, very stable graphics and continuous lines without peaks ... until it "exhausts" and they returnTo go out picos.All this once you know it, you already interpret it perfectly, and you will know when it goes well, when you are "exhausting", etc ... but it takes time, enough.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
01/26/2015 11:24 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
asanz said:
If it is calibrated in periods less than every 12h that Dexcom advises is worse or better, for example every 6 hours?

Whenever I look at the glucose I put the value, the time does not matter, it is more ... the thing to have to "calibrate" because ... since "step" ... the only problem is that he asks youThe drop (I would like to be able to get that message) for the rest, you can throw you a whole day without putting any value and mark well (yes, you ask for the drop)

The most recommended with the measurements is to try to coincide when you wake up, and when you go to sleep (for my experience), and any other value you have, you put it (and you have 12 hours without "the droplet")

On the sensors ... where you put them, it influences, and there is nothing "written" ... to me in the belly on the right side they always lasted me more and marked more precisely ... for several years ... lately almostboth sides were matched.I think they influence too many things on measurements.

Also the first days (for my experience) are not the best in the graphics ... to me the best result is given to me the second week, very stable graphics and continuous lines without peaks ... until it "exhausts" and they returnTo go out picos.All this once you know it, you already interpret it perfectly, and you will know when it goes well, when you are "exhausting", etc ... but it takes time, enough.

greetings

Thank you so much

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/27/2015 7:42 a.m.

Well follow my bad experience with the Dexcom G4.As I told the first sensor, I had to change it to the fourth day for its great deviation readings with the glucometer (50 marked one and 150 the other) despite calibrating it several times for a whole day;Well, with the second sensor I have no better luck because on the second day and with repeated calibrations the glycometer marks 112 and the Dexcom 68. I am highly disappointed after spending a paston since if I cannot trust the device minimally it does not work for me.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/27/2015 5:13 p.m.

asanz said:
Well follow my bad experience with the Dexcom G4.As I told the first sensor, I had to change it to the fourth day for its great deviation readings with the glucometer (50 marked one and 150 the other) despite calibrating it several times for a whole day;Well, with the second sensor I have no better luck because on the second day and with repeated calibrations the glycometer marks 112 and the Dexcom 68. I am highly disappointed after spending a paston since if I cannot trust the device minimally it does not work for me.>

Have you put the sensor in another place or in the same place?I really cannot help you because the Dexcom is now only on my desire list, but from what I have read there are people who depending on where it puts it was more or less reliable.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
01/27/2015 5:22 p.m.

lauriki said:
asanz said:
Well follow my bad experience with the dexcom g4.As I told the first sensor, I had to change it to the fourth day for its great deviation readings with the glucometer (50 marked one and 150 the other) despite calibrating it several times for a whole day;Well, with the second sensor I have no better luck because on the second day and with repeated calibrations the glycometer marks 112 and the Dexcom 68. I am highly disappointed after spending a paston since if I cannot trust the device minimally it does not work for me.>

Have you put the sensor in another place or in the same place?I really cannot help you because the Dexcom is now only on my desire list, but from what I have read there are people who depending on where it puts it was more or less reliable.

It is used by my son and the two sensors in the belly

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/27/2015 5:24 p.m.

asanz said:

It is used by my son and the two sensors in the belly

In children it is also recognized to put it in the upper part of the ass, it would be another option, maybe there gives it better result, in fact an adult I have read that it has tried that area and has had better result and durability.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
01/27/2015 5:41 p.m.

Well I tell you this but we are each world.Repeating many calibrations I think is not doing well to the Apartjo according to I have understood, but that is not written, at time that I have ever I went crazy if the second one has not been good I have left until the nextcalibration that I make at 8 am 8 pm that are two hours that glucose is usually stabilized.
As another partner told you before I put them in the belly to the left or right of the navedays.
After entering this forum I saw that people were put by other places although Novalab did not authorize the change for adults, they only gave guarantee in Barriga.I started putting them in summer in the upper gluteo, because I was tired that on the beach all eyes were behind me and nobody asked what they were just looked at.They started to last the three weeks even a couple more days, try there it was because if in the children you could, because it was not going to be able to adults?In addition to the duration they endure much longer.
There is another place that I am testing but I can't get them on chafing when I try that it is under the armpit at chest height, some partner puts it there and they have last 4 weeks.
Let's see if you locate where the problem is.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/27/2015 6:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

My daughter has been the Dexcom G since September.He has always put it in the upper part of the buttock and has been lasting about three weeks.The first days are not the most exact and when it works best it is the second week.The trends of the arrows are right and for me that is a very important fact.It is not perfect, but since we have been sleeping calmly.

Estrellita's profile photo
Estrellita
01/27/2015 6:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Today I met a girl who had 20 years of diabetes with we have 9
A few dexcom and bomb and is 7.
A Calvary and his doctors passed by holding his mother for his lack of control ... they have made them crazy.
Now he started living.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2015 9:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@asanz, don't despair.
We were about to return the Dexcom at the beginning (I don't remember how many days they gave us to return it, but enough, about 40 I think I remember).The novelty and spending impress.To parents and children.And everything seems to fail.But with peace of mind and with pause, in a few weeks you will not be able to be without it.

The following sensor, put it in the buttock.It is more indicated for children.And not seeing it, they get firing more.But I don't think that is the problem, but the novelty as almost all of us has happened to us.
Try to calibrate it when the measure is stable (not after a meal, or after exercising ...).
When you have a strong downturn, forget: you will let you know about the downturn, which is what matters to us all (parents and users).Then everything that tells you down or up until the level has recovered will be anything.Do not try or calibrate.It will already self -harm.During that time of 20-30 minutes, the lifelong blood meter.
When it is very high, the same.Once you have notified you that you are high, what else does it happen?Corrijes and Punto.
If you have signal losses by distance, it immediately recovers it.If you have the dreaded interrogations (to bathe in the pool, for exhaustion of the sensor, for whatever), then patience until the signal recovers.Sometimes it is good to calibrate it at that time.And if you see that it continues to lose the signal or that what marks is not quite well, deactivate the sensor and turn it to start.The normal thing is to behave as new (if you do not have many days of use).

Although now it seems that you have thrown the money, you will soon change your mind.And your life and your child's will also change.For better.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/27/2015 10:12 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

aaandres said:
@asanz, do not despair.
We were about to return the Dexcom at the beginning (I don't remember how many days they gave us to return it, but enough, about 40 I think I remember).The novelty and spending impress.To parents and children.And everything seems to fail.But with peace of mind and with pause, in a few weeks you will not be able to be without it.

The following sensor, put it in the buttock.It is more indicated for children.And not seeing it, they get firing more.But I don't think that is the problem, but the novelty as almost all of us has happened to us.
Try to calibrate it when the measure is stable (not after a meal, or after exercising ...).
When you have a strong downturn, forget: you will let you know about the downturn, which is what matters to us all (parents and users).Then everything that tells you down or up until the level has recovered will be anything.Do not try or calibrate.It will already self -harm.During that time of 20-30 minutes, the lifelong blood meter.
When it is very high, the same.Once you have notified you that you are high, what else does it happen?Corrijes and Punto.
If you have signal losses by distance, it immediately recovers it.If you have the dreaded interrogations (to bathe in the pool, for exhaustion of the sensor, for whatever), then patience until the signal recovers.Sometimes it is good to calibrate it at that time.And if you see that it continues to lose the signal or that what marks is not quite well, deactivate the sensor and turn it to start.The normal thing is to behave as new (if you do not have many days of use).

Although now it seems that you have thrown the money, you will soon change your mind.And your life and your child's will also change.For better.

Thank you very much for your advice.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/27/2015 10:28 p.m.

In Novalab they have confirmed that the subscription can be paid in three consecutive months.
Those who already use it is profitable to the 6 -box subscription of 6 boxes + 1 "gift" or do you have many left over?More than anything as I see that they have been lasting for 15 days and 3 weeks I doubt if it is profitable or it is better to buy as it is seen.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
01/28/2015 10:39 a.m.

By the way, @asanz,
If Paco sleeps away from your room and it is difficult for you to hear the Dexcom notices, in addition to the "Nightscout" solution (or what is called), you have the humblest but effective to put the receiver on a mobile with some sixth application activated.When the Dexcom vibrate the mobile alarm will be activated.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/28/2015 5:53 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.