{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

And this other!

- What's the matter?
- I have hypo ...
- Buuuuuu !!!

=)) =)) =)) =))

fer's profile photo
fer
01/31/2018 3:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

:)) :)) =))

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/01/2018 10:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Inday said:
hahaha I have a good anecdote.Just diagnosed, I told a co -worker who was diabetic and that I had to prick insulin and the uncle began to dizzy and fainted right there!I stayed with a face ... I face, I suppose there are people who really give the needles very impression.

:)) :))

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
03/04/2018 11:19 a.m.

I hate when people say "diabetis", even medical and health personnel.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/05/2018 11:53 a.m.

"Of course you carry it well! ... You diabetes is from the easy ones!"

fer's profile photo
fer
05/14/2018 12:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here is a new strip of our great companion @"miexron", I have laughed a lot with her !!!

=)) =)) =)) =))

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2018 3:23 p.m.

And one more pearl of @"myxron" ...

Diabetes is laughing ... or not?!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2018 3:31 p.m.

Of the reasons why I have been reserved in telling the people that my daughter is diabetic is that of the people to be opinion without knowing, also in my country there is a tea for everything and I can swear that they have told me at least at least10 different infusions that cure diabetes and according to them proven, God !!!
Nor tell them how ignorant is the same health personnel on the condition, once he takes the baby to emergencies (for hyperglycemia) and the pediatrician who attended it told me that he had a patient of the age of mine who died fromthat he ate the sweets hidden and had them under the bed and that it is difficult because the children do those things (bone seriously!)

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
06/06/2018 7:55 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Levemir 12(mañana) 6(noche) y novorapid (3, 3, 2)
Glicada. 7.7

And when they say ... it looks very good, very healthy ... I would not say that you have diabetes ....

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
06/06/2018 8:45 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

The other day a client telling me, because I also have diabetis and many in my family have diabetis, and by diabetis of mine family members have amputated legs or died for the diabetis.That is a lady, that's cheerful and says no diabetes

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
06/08/2018 12:26 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Hello everyone:

I was diagnosed (the debut is over, that I am not an actress!) The DM1 is very recently and I understand that the questions and comments that make me family and friends are for real interest.Until a few months ago I would have made some of those same comments due to pure ignorance, but if we could only talk about what we have lived in the first person, there would be so many issues that we could not address or we could say about ...
I think that what is difficult to understand for someone who does not have this disease is the mental wear and tear, the constant concern added to your day to day.If everything arranged was clicking, there would be no more problem, but each diabetic is a world and, what is more, at very repeated actions on different days (and even on the same day), the results are different.
You have to be constantly anticipating and what was previously done spontaneously, now it entails a calculation.And if we only had to take care of meals ... but no, you have to monitor absolutely everything: if you walk, because you walk, if you are lying, because you are lying, if it is in the morning, because it is in the morning, if this, becausethis…
I am making a great effort to internalize all my new feelings and sensations because they will be part of my life and I also know that I am now in the "good" stage, on the honeymoon, and that the tremendous thing is about to come andThis is what I like about this forum that can say "tremendous" without anyone telling me: "Woman, one gets used to one, as soon as you take the quiet ...".
I do not believe that the patient who has chronic pain gets used to pain, in the same way I do not believe that as a diabetic I get used to concern, being aware of the glucometer;Pain, concern are not customs, are conditions, so that what you learn is to incorporate them into your life and look for formulas so that your circumstances allow you to lead the life you want to lead.

And now we go with the fun phrases:
"Hey, now with insulin, you're always going to stay thin ..." (As if insulin were a fat solvent, hahahaha).

In the pharmacy:
Pharmaceutical: Then you are looking for some impermeable dressing that you can hit on the sensor so that when you shine you do not get wet and do not take off ... and could you not put the sensor elsewhere?
Me: Can you think of any part of the body that does not get wet when you showers?
Pharmaceutical: seen like this ...

A friend: “I am looking forward to you start to wear the quick.That we cannot share desserts when we leave ... I'm going to gain weight because of you! ”

Another friend: "Now that you are a diabetic, will you continue organizing meals in your home?"(I am diabetic, not manca).

A shopkeeper who knows that I am a diabetic: "All that shelf there is gluten -free products."

A hug to all.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
06/11/2018 12:04 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

roar said:
bothers me a lot to tell me what I can and I can't do ("You can't eat sweets").
Yes I can, I just have to inject the insulin that corresponds to me.Besides, I am in Normopeso, not like you, aren't there mirrors in your home?:-(

It seems to me a low blow that they tell me, if I am angry or annoying "eat a little, go, that you are hypoglycemic.
Grrrr, I'm perfectly, but I have the same right as others to express some emotion from time to time !!!!!.

And, what burst me most, in general, is the people who want to "remove iron" and tell you: well, but you are fine, right? I see you well ... (as if they had a built -in glucometer).
No, I'm not fine.Glucose increases and descents are destroying me inside.Diabetes is one of the 10 diseases that causes the most dead and the first cause of blindness in the western world.I'm not fine, I'm screwed.

how much reason you are, ...
What bursts me between oyrascmuchas when you have to go to the emergency room for a low, to ask you if you have eaten or do not do things well, the ATS and the doctors, ... but do you not eat 5 times a day?No, not like 5 times a day like 3 and thanks and when the sugar goes down because the machine tells me the machine as something fast to get out of the way and they tell you Aahh because you do it wrong. That's why you have lows because you do not eat.
But that you will know your unfortunate, if every time you eat something you have to click on the current insulin, ... the NPH step to history and people still stay there.The less variable in the equation the better but how do you explain that?
The best doctors are the patients themselves and my no one is going to give me class about my diabetes because it is different in each person and yet every day is a challenge for me.
The endocrine also see the profile of a week and they are already believed that they have the magic wand, ... in my case the profile varies every day even having a very orderly life in diets and schedules and I do not bother to draw conclusions from my climbsand down because it is a full -fledged roulette.

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
06/17/2018 1:23 p.m.

What bothers me is people who have had to work with me and find out that I am diabetic and they get tired of phrases "how are you today?"And when he "feels and rests" "have you eaten something? showing a truthful fear to happen to you and touch them" the brown. "give a lack of trust, commitment, of enormous companionship that I sincerely hate.Some even see them uncomfortable (fortunately have been few) as if I had chosen this.Something .......... that disgusts me.misfortune or destination) see how a part of your cad5po wants to go outside and I have not hesitated to save you, I do not see the reason for the fear that you give me a juice, some cookies, you force me to take it or reactions in some way byMy ............... I don't know, but that attitude of some hates her more than her words.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/17/2018 3:38 p.m.

I have 22 and I am a diabetic since 11. Without a doubt, my favorite phrase of all time was one night that I left and asked the waiter for a rum with tail-light.
He, to get the funny guay, let out a "Do you know that alcohol fattens, right?", Living me a look of enough with an ironic smile of having made the joke of the century.
I, that I am a bit edge, I released "Do you know that I am diabetic, asshole?"His face was a poem.My friends are still laughing.

ClaudiaES's profile photo
ClaudiaES
06/19/2018 6:39 p.m.

I bother me a lot when a man without having any idea began to tell me that if he took infusions with Stevia he would no longer have more diabetes and I told him that I had it for life and tells me to pay attention to me that I know what I know what I knowI say, that many people have cured and I thinking that ignorant is the people ...

Belensanchez's profile photo
Belensanchez
06/27/2018 3:13 p.m.

Here you have the photo that illustrates a feeling that I share when we talk about new diabetes technologies ... and that it is recorded, that in general, I support them all !!;)

: D: D: D.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/15/2018 3:57 p.m.

: D: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/16/2018 1:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

"But if you are already used to punctures!"

fer's profile photo
fer
11/16/2018 12:08 p.m.

"Well, I have a friend with diabetes that you don't look so much or puncture so much and we have done everything and it takes it better than you. But I don't want to say anything, huh ...".

That today has rebuilt me.

Wave's profile photo
Wave
11/16/2018 12:40 p.m.

I have come to mind:

-But that of diabetes, to do sports it does not have to affect you at all.You click and now.
-If it gives you a "chungo" (define me chungo, please ... xD) we have to inject you fast, right?(Save me to need help in case of hip).
-Well, something you have to be doing wrong (in case of bad control).Well, so difficult is not (in good control).
-Ah, are you okay from sugar?Well, you don't have to measure yourself more times, right?

On the other hand, prohibit me insulin in the work dining room because it smells (they are doctors, laboratory work) or because "it is ugly" (I repeat: doctors).

And then my parents ... that I forgive everything because it has been suddenly caught and with the "baby" already grown in the diagnosis (23 years)

-Safe that you can't take insulin in another way?(No dad, I like to inject myself)
-For a day nothing happens (for years fighting for the maternal increases of dish when I have already measured and punctured for the portions)
-Ah, don't you want to drink juice?(Zasca) or Fanta?(double zasca)
-But this is cure in the long run, right?
-I don't know what you measure so many times (until I had an important hypo, and they haven't said that again).
-Well, well, well ... how much the cure is worth it, that we pay it.

Wave's profile photo
Wave
11/16/2018 1:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.