{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

Not now, but when I was young I had to eat enough to overcome the hypos.And when some caught me on the street I was maneuvering to go with a bar to eat something with foundation: a hamburger, a pizza, a sausage table, half a dozen monuperos ... and as they gave me strongBeast eating.And there was always a clueless who said:
-Hey, but you have sugar ... Can you eat that?
I did not even have to answer because a friend who knew me better than others always said:
-Apartaos and leave it quiet, that he is able to eat his mother now starting with the legs.
And not an apex was wrong.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 12:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Thc and did not take anything with sugar?
How slow you used?
With the slow ones of now you can not even happen.But in hypos it is always better to drink sugary liquids or pure glucose.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2024 7:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@thc and did you take anything with sugar?
How slow you used?
With the slow ones of now you can not even happen.But in hypos it is always better to drink sugary liquids or pure glucose.

That is about 35 years and in all this time the disease has evolved.At first the descent were not chopped because my body still responded and something helped me, both in the climbs and in the descents.I mean that even if the glucose lowered me, it took a long time to feel strong symptoms and that's why I took advantage and ate prohibited things.When they caught at home I opened the cake drawer and took the first thing that was, but on the street I preferred to eat well, even more to recover.
As I say, after 35 years of evolution my body has become exclusively a bag of tissues and plasma that depends exclusively on what eats and what I click on.Now the body does not help me at all and I have to go with a stopwatch in my hand, the pen in the other and the sandwich in the other.
Now I take pastry products if the hypo is strong.If a juice brick is weak and when I go by bike I do not risk and I carry crystallized glucose type glucosport , which isThe fastest absorb the body.
And I do not remember the slow one that put me at the time, but I think it was one of the first human that came out (the first insulins that put me were pig) ... can Humalog be?I think it was rather insulating, which at that time carried the cool of human .You are going to forgive me, but that 35 years ago and I don't remember what I had lunch yesterday.: p

THC's profile photo
THC
02/20/2024 8:48 a.m.

@Thc, yes, with the slow ones before you had to take many more hydrates to trace.I remember that my daughter took an ice cream or a plate of rice with milk and it was good.
It was a slow NPH, which brought us always distressed with hypoglycemia.And we made mixtures of slow and fast, the first years.For the parents it was very distressing, but it even made it excited to be low, for its dessert.
Now the new slow ones facilitate life, although those tributes cannot be given in the hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2024 12:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

"Are you fine about yours?", So every five minutes.

Warholismo's profile photo
Warholismo
03/15/2024 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.