{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

Lately I listen to an expression that is that it puts me from my nerves.
For example the other day, with some friends we saw cookies that were a watchmaking pump, cookies with chocolate and peanut butter I think it was.Well, a girl neither short nor lazy released: "Ufff, what a cookie -shaped diabetes" or something.
And various comments like "You will give you diabetes if you eat that" etc.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
10/23/2015 1:28 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

What does ignorance do is?The penalty of all this is that over the years you do not stop hearing so bullshit, because ignorance does not understand age or respect.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/23/2015 9:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Apart from learning to carry diabetes as well as possible, in my case I am trying to have my daughter learn to ignoreAsk before speaking.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/23/2015 9:42 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Puffff with the bomb I have come to say since it is a pulsestro to an MP3 by sensors and they have believed it, I do it when I see that they are ready and ask with militia, nobody has an idea of ​​what it is.They even told me if it was because they had let me out of the hospital and had the dropper put

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/23/2015 2:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Pabloj2000 said:
Hello.

I usually drink coffee with colleagues before starting the day ... almost always with saccharin (the waitress already knows me) and sometimes I ask for sugar (the dexcom whistling down), and it is broken (I obviously have not told him that I am a diabetic) with a astonishment face ... and when I ask for coffee with milk, with saccharin ... and a croasant (Joer, simply because I feel like it or I will make an effort shortly and I do not need a fast climb, and honestly the sugarI no longer sweeten me ... sometimes I give sugar to upload it rapidillo and then the saccharin to sweeten) ... is that it gives a dizziness :)

Ahhhh, it is not that it is a phrase, but also go to the pharmacy to ask for "your things" (especially in a town where everyone knows you, or almost all), and they begin to say high that if insulinas, that if you throw, that if these pills ... Well, the truth, I do not make me anything, they should be more discreet, much more.It may seem exaggerated, but I think that in pharmacies there should be individual counters, such as when you are going to vote ... I do not have to find out that the lady next door has fungi where you will know, nor the other is from Cagalera (orI hear), neither the other with hemorrhoids, nor another has to find out that I am diabetic if I do not want to say it.

Greetings

ani's profile photo
ani
10/23/2015 8:14 p.m.

Hello Pablo, what really tells the pharmacy and its staff that they are so indiscreet in comments !!!!!!And more, when it is a small town where everyone knows each other !!!!!!!!To me, when I had only 15an the same thing and until now, I always have that "feeling" that people "interest" more for the "problem" of the other client in the pharmacy, is that with the time that has passed sinceThe beginning of my Diabètes has passed more than 53 years and I stay "recorded in my memory" that diabetes is a shame of disease and .............. a disease of shame !!!!!!!And all that is, the fault of the doctors who must together with medical treatment and with psychological help, treat us in all cases, type 1 and type 2,

ani's profile photo
ani
10/23/2015 8:27 p.m.

@ani, do not think so, is no shame the diabetes. Why will it be? That idea of ​​early complications is disappearing with the control that can be now.
The hemoglobins of 10, went down in history,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/23/2015 9:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I had not read this thread, very good to laugh, because we have all gone through some.
In my case I think the most beast was when I leave my ex.We carried from Crios together and I welcomed me well, because with my "tara" I would cost me to find someone who loved me like the hahaha ... less badly that I loved me, the one who had their neurons, almost whatI bite !!
Regarding the strips, I also live in Catalonia, and this week they gave me time with my CAP nurse because it had to be her that changed my pattern.
With the bomb I click an average of 10-12 times a day, and of course I do not get to what they gave me (my thing and my hypos, I do not know if it is usual to analyze so much), when I told him, I look at me flippingAnd he questioned it, I had to teach him the data I download to justify myself and yet I asked me justifying the endocrine.I don't know, they think we sell them in the black market !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/25/2015 10:10 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I'm glad your ex, @gemater

pike's profile photo
pike
10/25/2015 11:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

@Gemater, totally agree with @pike, go beget your ex ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/26/2015 3:37 a.m.

@Inday @pike if there have to be people for everything, but of that further better;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/26/2015 1:45 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

regina said:
@ani, do not think like that, is no shame the diabetes. Why will it be? That idea of ​​early complications is disappearing with the control that can be now.
10 hemoglobins, they went down in history,

ani's profile photo
ani
10/26/2015 7:12 p.m.

Regina, thanks for your msg and your opinion but I wanted to tell you that, I also think like you because you have been fortunate when your diabets declared;On the other hand, I lived in a small town where we all met and already more than 53an and in that time, nobody knew neither my own family that was diabetes, and I will tell you that in the pharmacy and hospital I had to change and go to another townA 70km buy (because before the insulins were paid) and looking for a private Dr. to consult me ​​and also an ophthalmologist who did not know much, told me to take care of my diabètes because the 30an would be blind ............ It will be for that reason I was "marked" by the incomprehension of them that I start hiding, I still do not speak of my diabets with great ease or openly, I am very reserved with the rest of the people on this subject butI can talk to you because I am sure you will understand me !!!!!!!!!!!!Ok?Thank you for reading and I give you a strong and good night friend of Ani: -H

ani's profile photo
ani
10/26/2015 7:34 p.m.

And when someone you almost don't know to explain what diabetes is, as if you didn't know.

arianna_cp's profile photo
arianna_cp
10/26/2015 8:28 p.m.

Gema, your boyfriend was part of right: the truth is that diabetes is a tare.It is a defect.It is something unhealthy and hateful, but that does not mean that nobody will love you ... I don't even link the super perfect models !!!Fortunately, with tara or without it we all have our audience:-D

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/26/2015 9:22 p.m.

@ani The truth is that those of us who have a few years have heard of everything.When they put me glasses for myopia at age 10, I remember perfectly that the optics told my parents in front of me, that if they had already warned them that I was going to be blind.
So now every time I go to the ophthalmologo, I spend fifteen days taking lifts and lifts, because I have an incredible panic.
Although we have all had bad experiences like @gemater with his ex -boyfriend, the important thing is that over time they kill them and even laugh.Once a friend of my parents literally took out a fried potato from my mouth because according to him I could not eat it.I had to have bitten

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/26/2015 9:34 p.m.

Because everyone knows that the medical history of people in case they have diabetes or something worse.

Using diabetes as a thrown weapon and a remarkable defect is to be a bastard.Sorry for the tug.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/26/2015 9:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

It is clear that he wanted to harm.By the way, who was he? Superman? ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/26/2015 10:28 p.m.

Nor would I call it bad experience, anecdote rather, but does not mean that of course similar things should not be used to point to anyone.
In my case, people's opinions, at least in that aspect they do not affect me.Like all of you and after almost 30 years I have already heard of everything.For example, if they gave me a euro for every time they have told me that someone has discovered the cure for diabetes would be a millionaire.
Good luck that not all anecdotes are bad, there are good and to laugh for a while

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/26/2015 10:51 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello!!I tell you a recent anecdote from Iago.On Sunday at his grandmother I asked him one of his uncles that he carried in his arm (the freestyle sensor) and he himself answered and said: Ah !!Little by little, the medication is supply

Enma's profile photo
Enma
10/27/2015 11:57 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.