{'en': 'Daily chronicle (the little place to share our day to day)', 'es': 'Crónica Diaria (El lugarcito para compartir nuestro día a día)'} Image

Daily chronicle (the little place to share our day to day)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/18/2015 12:46 a.m.

Ok, I ask you a question.Once we have our day to day control, if you have forgotten to take insulin during a meal, how much has you uploaded?I know it's a very open question but ...

All this comes because one day I ate my usual four rations (integral pasta I think I remember) and I was up to two hours until I remembered that I had not put my 2 fast units for that meal.Total, that I measured and was only 140. Without exercises, without stress situations, with nothing that could explain a low fact because yes, I consider that in those circumstances, it is a low fact.I don't know.It seemed curious.Punctual and will not happen again (I hope) but curious.

pike's profile photo
pike
03/22/2016 6:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

It has only happened to me once and M climbed a lot.I can't say figures since it was a long time ago, years ago, and I don't remember.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/23/2016 12:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi guys!!I am taking a look at the forum and I find it very interesting what you explain, I am 38 years old and I have diabetes since I was 3 years old, almost nothing hehe

Shaki's profile photo
Shaki
03/23/2016 5:47 p.m.

A curiosity, you speak many that you have "Dexcom" I imagine that it will be a meter, right ??How about experience?I have a bomb and I usually do on 10 controls a day.But they have never told me this.You have to go well, right?

Shaki's profile photo
Shaki
03/23/2016 6:03 p.m.

@Pike something similar happened to me with rice that goes up a lot, I liped and I didn't remember if I had punctured the case is that I came out in 150 things weird with rice.... What I do remember is that when I looked at the glucose before I was very low ,.Surely that's why I hadn't gotten so risen despite not clicking on.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/23/2016 6:10 p.m.

There are open issues about the Dexcom.It is a continuous glucose meter.Welcome, @shaki !!!

Anaisabel
03/23/2016 6:14 p.m.

Thank you Ana Isabel, it is the first time I enter, I will go cracking here, because there are very interesting things.

Shaki's profile photo
Shaki
03/23/2016 8:19 p.m.

Welcome @shaki !!:)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/23/2016 10:29 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thanks Gema Ter;)

Shaki's profile photo
Shaki
03/24/2016 5:27 p.m.

I'm going crazy.

I have been very rare for three days.Suddenly my insulin needs have been reduced brutally.

My normal insulin ratio is more or less one unit of each HC ration, even up to 1.3 depending on the glycemic index of what you eat.

Since I debuted just a year ago I have never had a honeymoon and my insulin needs have always been the same.

For three days, I have been going down the basal and the ratios without stopping, but to the beast, and I keep having hypoglycemia.

I have gone from 14 out of three to 10, and I think I will continue to go down.And with the fast I am totally out of course.This morning I have breakfast about 5 rations of HC, and I have put only two fast units.Normally for that I would have put about 6 or 7, since I have a lot of insulin resistance in the morning.Well, I was about to have a hiccy ...? ¿?

The weirdest thing has been yesterday, all morning down the glucose without stopping and I come to drink gels.Well, fed up with food time and I totally deranged as and I don't click anything, I didn't tell it, but it would be more than 4 or 5 rations of HC in sandwiches ... and I didn't have hyperglycemia.

Eating and not clicking has been a very strange sensation, I felt for the first time in a year a normal person, it has been hard ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/25/2016 4:10 p.m.

@Arotorias to me usually happens with the arrival of heat, not to the point of not clicking, but if I lowered insulin needs.
I have spoken with more people with diabetes to which it happens to them, but it is not widespread or something that has scientific evidence.I don't know if it will be your case.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/25/2016 4:57 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Well go down, go down, it will be a delayed honeymoon ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2016 5:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
well low, will be a delayed honeymoon ..

A year later?I don't know if that is possible.

What horror would be to have honeymoon now, I don't want it, what torture.Make a normal life again and then return to this shit ... for that I stay as I am.

It's like giving a luxury vacation to a vagabond and then returning it to the street.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/25/2016 6:04 p.m.

@Arotorias can be perfectly what @gemater has told you with heat it seems that insulin needs go down more or it seems that it makes more effect, if you know that you have cured, you have crushed yourself doing sports and the famous files x x, there you have it ... It's like when you are high without knowing why the same thing is almost impossible to correct even if you injepe yourself into the vein ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/25/2016 6:20 p.m.

After a time of being dangnetic, one year or two, I spent a year or more that seemed that it was not.I was still injecting insulin, but very little and my controls were always fine.It was a splendid relax time :).
Heat sometimes for what the compis counts can also influence.

Anaisabel
05/25/2016 10:14 p.m.

Well, for now I still eat things without clicking and I don't spend 200 at any time.

This is already really unpleasant.

I'm going to get a dinner kebab to see what happens, I'm fed up ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/25/2016 11:09 p.m.

@Artorias, dear "family", I already worried about these days, and it turns out that you tell us that you are going through great inconveniences with the diabts, (I also send you a private message) in 1st).Take attention to everything you do as physical wear, which food ingieown problem and analyze carefully whether or not there is an error in a second of the 24h day and night;Without nerves or despair, you will find where "the nuts" mustyou agree) :)]

ani's profile photo
ani
05/26/2016 5:57 p.m.

To all of course that is my intention !!! that serves as an example to those who still feel lost in this "sweet adventure" but too difficult for those who still carry little experience lived and fail to "separate the above fromI present it "!!Because I always say: the dbts is for the brave and warriors !!!!And, those who have come out of the swamp are the ones who, today, have already "dominated the tiger" although we have high and low, but we are the only patients who make changes or adaptations in our medical and food treatment !!We only need the doctor to write recipes or orders to go to pharmacy for insulins and receive control material and the rest;Thanks for reading me;)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/26/2016 7:34 p.m.

@ani as I always tell you thanks for your wise advice.I always try to dominate the tiger.
A sweet greeting!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/26/2016 8:44 p.m.

Well, today I have changed the basal insulin Paso from the NPH to the Tresiba, I do not know how my body reacts to it and if I will do well as they tell me or not.The truth is that I am already a little tired of all this, always first diabetes and second also diabetes.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/27/2016 12:19 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.