{'en': 'Daily chronicle (the little place to share our day to day)', 'es': 'Crónica Diaria (El lugarcito para compartir nuestro día a día)'} Image

Daily chronicle (the little place to share our day to day)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/18/2015 12:46 a.m.

When you talk that in the US the Dexcom (and other things) are financed you refer to that small percentage of population living in large cities and has a salary to afford to pay the grassland that is worth private insurance and it is this that it is the one that it is"Finish" medicines?
Here we are not very good, but we do not have to do with how in the US (if we can pay it, of course)
Social security has a lot to improve, but the big pharmaceuticals have a lot of power

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/23/2016 10:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nacho said:
when you talk that in the US the dexcom (and other things) are financed you refer to that small percentage of population living in large cities and has a salary to afford to payThe grassland that is worth private insurance and is this that "finances" medicines?
Here we are not very good, but we do not have to do with how in the US (if we can pay it, of course)
Social security has a lot to improve, but the big pharmaceuticals have a lot of power

+1.In the US you have to have private insurance, which is worth a pasture, and then, the Dexcom approves you.But if you don't have insurance, they do not provide you or insulin, I mean you can pay it.

From Germany we do have to learn, it begins to finance the MCG.

By the way, what I will never understand is VAT in Spain for products such as MCG.I mean it is not provided by the SS, when it is something I need if or if to be healthy and I have to pay VAT as if it were a standard product.It is amazing.

About the inhaled insulin Aphrezza that @Artorias commented.Are you being marketed in the US today?In the American Nightcout forums I had not heard anyone talk about Afrrezza and as Leo in the links you indicate, Sanofi no longer markets it, isn't it?You include arctors Twitter links but I am at work and I can't open them;)

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/23/2016 12:43 p.m.

Afrrezza is available in the US for more than a year.Not all insurance covers it and it must be requested from your insurance and insist a bit.

Sanofi disregarded the project at the end of last year, now they take them alone: ​​ Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/23/2016 3:28 p.m.

I have a question.I bruit.It depends on the day, for the snack, an insulin unit serves me for a ration of hydrates or for several.It is random.Good.Today I consumed 30 g of hydrates and put 3 u of insulin.

Today, as you will have guessed, it was one of those rare days and ended up measuring 23 at the time and peak.Good.I drink a generous glass of Coca Cola and 2 cookies aware that I am a little but satisfied for not sweeping the kitchen.Ok.

I measure me to, 20m and I give 116. Everything correct.Under the hyper and I raise the 4 floors that are even home without elevator.Normal.I measure me because I was bad in Em Super.I give 70.

The measure of measuring is wrong?Is a low unit dropped down in less than an hour and a quarter in total?It is the first time that happens to me.

pike's profile photo
pike
09/09/2016 8:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Trying to find out what the glucose uploads to you ..

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/15/2019 10:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

From how long have you started correct?From what I put on the first page of this thread I have understood that from 130 but I see it very low.The same were referring to those who carry a pump, I punctuated quick bowls

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/05/2019 6:57 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

ignasi_p said:
From how much you start you correct?From what I put on the first page of this thread I have understood that from 130 but I see it very low.The same referred to those who carry a bomb, I click quick bowls

It depends on what the endocrine tells you, which will also depend on the endocrine itself (for what I have seen in many comments, like us, each endocrine is a world).To me, for example, he told me not to correct me, that the corrections were made in the next meal.But if I see that I am in more than 200 for a few hours and that I will not eat at a nearby moment I correct myself.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
02/05/2019 9:41 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

@Ignasi_p
Correct depends on each one.In my initial guideline they told me above 160 mg/dl with 1 units.From 3 hours of having eaten.
Later and more experience it depends on the day and what you have eaten.I have also learned to know the sensitivity of my body to insulin according to the day.
I try to be below 130mg/dl 24 hours a day, of course I don't usually get it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/06/2019 7:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My endocrine, I think that with good judgment, it lets me be quite autonomous.On the subject of corrections we have not spoken (I am very recently going with fast).I correct above 180. That is why I was surprised that people who believe have plenty

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/06/2019 7:57 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Hi Ruthbia, thanks for your comment.He has entered while writing the other.

5.5 gyzada !!!!wow !!!!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/06/2019 8:06 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

ignasi_p said:
my endocrine, I think with good judgment, it lets me be quite autonomous.On the subject of corrections we have not spoken (I am very recently going with fast).I correct above 180. That is why I was surprised that people who believe have plenty

In 130 sometimes I correct and sometimes not.It depends a little on how the situation see.There is no general rule and each person is a world and has different objectives.My goal is to be below 120 most of the time and as close as possible to 83, which is the reference value that someone usually has without diabetes between meals.
If you know your body and how you react in similar situations you can decide.For example, a 130 if I no longer have active, I correct it if I will be without moving in the following hours or on days than for hormones I have more insulin resistance.Those days between hours usually rise to me due to lack of slow and until the adjustment has an effect (Toujeo takes to notice about 2 days) because I know that it will continue to climb even if the trend arrow is stable.In addition, those days insulin makes me less effect and takes longer to notice what the correction will not give me a hypo.In other cases I did not correct.If I had a half -unit bolis, I would probably correct a 130. But well I am very strict with my controls and I do not like to endure a whole morning or afternoon in 130. If I am 1 hour of a meal because I wait for myself, but I do3 or 4 hours are missing because I correct.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/06/2019 11:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I am liandooo.
When I speak of 180 I want to say postprandial (2 hours after eating).Are we talking about the same?
At two times part of the novorapid is still active.
If so, I will begin to correct from 150, 130 I still do not dare

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/06/2019 4:37 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

ignasi_p said:
I'm liandoooo.
When I speak of 180 I want to say postprandial (2 hours after eating).Are we talking about the same?
At two times part of the novorapid is still active.
If so, I will begin to correct from 150, 130 I still do not dare

Yes, at 2 hours I could still get off with the fast active then to correct or not an 180 depend and you will have to do in your case if you do or not.In my case, if I correct it but because the quick from 2 hours, if I do not move hard, it makes me effect.And in addition my meals are low in hydrates and high in protein and fat so at 3 hours the protein uploads somewhat.If at 2 hours I am high as much as I don't get off.But in my case after eating I rarely rose from 130 at any time (I carry the free so I have the full graph), most of the time or step of 120. So if at 2 hours I have more than 130,Most likely, I have fallen short.
But this is my case, in yours it can be different.

Correcting a postpandrial of 130 is risky, I only do it when I am sure that it will not go down.At 3 hours and if I usually correct 130 almost always, because there in my case it will no longer go down to not exercise.But there are people who last the effect for more time.And if you eat high in hydrates and low in fat everything works differently because you will not have up after 2 hours of eating.

It is that you cannot give an indication for everyone, they influence too many things and each one works differently.Talk to your endocrine and tell you seeing your specific case what to do.And if you are not sure then wait to correct.It is better to be a time with a hyper than to end up at Hip.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/06/2019 4:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It will also depend a little on each one, if you use bolis and the minimum is 1U, you cannot correct yourself with 130 because (according to your fs) you will end hypoglycemia.In pregnancy I corrected me when I went from 140 but I carry a bomb so you can adjust many the bolus.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/06/2019 5:44 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thank you, every day something is learned.Having an MCG allows you to know much better how your diabetes works.In fact, I don't have a damn as I am 1h after eating or at 3h.On the issue of proteins I still do not look.I will have the batteries

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/06/2019 9:15 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Always correct at 2 hours of having eaten and knowing that the rapid will not lower you much more.
I correct if I see 160 and I know that it will rise to me through the fat, the proteins do not upload much except that they come from red meat.Always 2 units because I have proven that 1 units are only 2 drops (they will tell you that there are 4 drops, I have not seen it yet, the feathers are not going very well) and they have no effect.
Of course you will have better control with a continuous meter or a flash.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/07/2019 7:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In a unit you are absolutely right.If I purged with 2u, a jet comes out but if Pingo 1u comes a gout.I have to look with what remains at the end of the pen if it really is what it is.The sensation is that nothing comes out

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/07/2019 4:18 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

And the damn bubble, that there is no one who purges her.At least if it were Freixenet !!!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
02/07/2019 4:19 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Leaving the subject a little, does the forum have an app to download on the phone?

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/11/2019 2:55 a.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Today I had a great mistake !!!
In the morning (9h), before breakfast, I was going to put 4 units of ultra fast insulin (Fiasp) and instead of that dose I have put 22 (I put this dose of threeiba).I have noticed when the Boli has made an chip in my gut.I was alone at home.It has cost me a bit to react.I have made a natural juice and taken some sugar envelopes.I have dressed and called a taxi.At 9.30 am I was already in the emergency room.And at 2pm again at home.
I didn't remember at all glucagon.He has been in the fridge for years and for once I needed it I have not remembered him.
I hope not to put the leg again.
Greetings.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/12/2019 6:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.