{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

Hi @pinkunicorn I tell you my experience in case it is something.
I have been adjusting toujeo also during these months, since at the beginning I got to 26u (from 18 of Lantus that put me, although I changed it as soon as I started and I was still in a period of adjustment), but of course, I movedLittle at the beginning and as I made normal life and walking, exercising, etc. I went down until I stayed on 22/21.I am still very clear which amount is better for me.Since even a unit does seem to change the thing.
I usually notice the changes after several days with the same dose, if I varied only 1 day, it does not help me to evaluate for sure, although I no longer know if it is my thing or it is normal that it be so.
I don't have to correct if I am well adjusted, and I am quite flat, although there are nights that do lowers me a lot, depending on what I have done that day.Normally I go to bed about 130/140 and get up at 80/100
What I notice is that dinner postpandracials are going, I don't know if you are blaming it for the toujeo is already loose for those hours (I wear it after dinner, at 23:30) or if simplyI have more need for insulin at night, or if all at once.The thing is that for dinner I have a rapid ratio 1.5u for each ration of carbohydrates, and during the rest of the 1U per ration.Well, this varies depending on the food in a clear concrete, but I speak in general ...
The thing is that if after dinner I have a good postpandral, and I have not dinner at anything very fat or similar, it never usually uploads me.
Well, I hope I have served something,
All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/21/2016 1:43 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Hi @Miexron!
Thank you very much and of course your experience serves me!
My fast rack at lunch is higher 1.2 UI per HC, the rest of the day like you.But this just changed it because with a continuous sensor of 1 week that implanted me in hospital it was seen that the glycemia rose at noon.The slow thing that was Lantus administered at this time and the toujeo too.
Now I got to food with 128.
I imagine, I will have to be patient and wait a few days to see if I have to upload it more.
I think that we have to keep in mind that with this disease everything fluctuates and is flexible and that we have to accept the continuous change of figures, devices, advances ... we have to be well informed and updated and take it positively.
Thank you, I keep telling how I go with the Toujeo because I think it helps.I learn from everything I read here.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/21/2016 2:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Hello everyone!I have changed Lantus X Toujeo approx 3 weeks ago.From Lantus I put 7 units about 10.30/11 in the morning and lifted at 7.30 in 120/140 approx depended on the dinner of the previous day, put 2 you of novorapid to cover breakfast and two hours after breakfast on120. In general I have been controlling quite well during this time, I have 6.1 hemoglobin!Now I put 1 more toujeo, that is 8, the same time and all the same.
The truth is that I do not notice those variations that you comment when making the change.
Will it be weird?I will be doing less controls than I owe !!!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
11/22/2016 12:03 a.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

@Rociola.I do not think you have to worry, with that glycosylated hemoglobin and those basal seem to be very well controlled.
In this diabetes each we are a world and it is almost never 2x2 = 4.

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 12:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Good days!
I keep telling my evolution with the toujeo because I have my doubts with things.
Yesterday I was considerably stable with glucemia -ease between 100 and 150mg/dl until 7.45 am that I made a hypo of 57 (the lunch postpondrial was 148).I corrected with 100ml of juice and took advantage of dinner by ingesting 7uni HC and managing 6ui quickly after dinner.At 2h, almost at 10pm, I was in 269 so I corrected with 3 UI quickly, I kept measuring me and at two hours I was still with 209, I waited one more hour and at 1 in the morning I was still with 206 for whatI corrected with 1.5 UI quickly.Then the glycemia already started down until I woke up for breakfast with 90 without correcting more.
Can someone help me?Have I done something wrong correcting?
I don't understand why that hiccups, without more, I just walked 20min to go to Correos, and then that hyper that lasted like 6h.
Thank you

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 10:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Pff, they can be so many things @pinkunicorn.Of hyper no idea why this resistance.A very fatty dinner that continued up and up?Very slow carbohydrates?... What slow is loose at that time?
And the hypo ... Well, the only thing that occurs to me is that if you have been slower than the account, if you stop or notice, but as soon as you start walking, I lowered me without a brake.That is why at first I was 26 and well, but as soon as I started to move more I had to go down because I noticed that at the minimum I was a little, I went down like the foam.Can that be?Do you move a lot in your day to day and don't notice that it goes down more than before?It can be ... What would you measure a little before of the time and still have enough effect?And as it can always be file x ... I have had a championship hip tonight, and I put it in the X drawer X, because it was a normal day ...
I think I ask more questions than answers ... haha
Greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/22/2016 4:10 p.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Miexron
Thank you so much!
The same dinner was fat: D I have a hard time being rigorous with food.
I have a few days a few days at home with many controls trying to regulate the toujeo and few with mood to move.I was going to the gym but with that hypo I decided not to go in case I am going through the slow.It can be that, today I will go to the gym to see.
Thanks again.

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 4:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

It seems that you lacked quickly at dinner.Purga the ball, to see if it is going to be that insulin has not gone well

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2016 10:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina!
The truth is that I never purged the Boli 8-X
I will notice more

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 11:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Hol@!
It seems that I am better with the toujeo, I continue with 25 IU.
The blood glucose figures are between 74 and 150, more stable throughout the day and these last 2 days, although I am with menstruation and usually lower the blood glucose.I do not know if it will be for this reason that I am with better figures, I will check it when I withdraw.:-/

Pinkunicorn
11/26/2016 1:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

It seems to me that they have stabilized and I even have minor hypos with 11 from toujeo ^^

pike's profile photo
pike
11/26/2016 4:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Hello, I'm new in this forum, I see you helps a lot.I am type1 diabetics, I have been raising with more than 200 for a few months and the endocrine has changed me from Lantus to Toujeo, but I do not decide to use it, I am very afraid of hypoglycemia.Thank you very much in advance.

soriafria's profile photo
soriafria
03/08/2017 10:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"soriafria", do not be afraid to change Toujeo!It is usually more stable and with less peaks, and lasts better 24 hours.What you should fear least are hypoglycemia, since they apparently occurred more with Lantus than with this insulin.I use her and I am quite happy with her, the little time I was with Lantus if I had more than 1 hypoglycemia that seemed to be caused by her peaks.That if, surely you will have to have a little patience to adjust the dose, and it is not exactly the same as with Lantus, but usually if you start with the same units, it is most likely that you have hyper and not hip, and you will haveto go up to the dose.But well, that's always with your endocrine advising you to see what is better.
Greetings and encouragement!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
03/08/2017 1:47 p.m.

Hi, @"Soriafria"!Welcome and encouragement with the new insulin.

I have been fighting for 4-5 months to adjust the dose.It came from Levemir and there is no way.I upload it, the bass, the divide into parts, the rest, the multiply, ... hahahaha

pike's profile photo
pike
03/08/2017 8:27 p.m.

What time will it be better to put the toujeo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2017 3:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, I put it at night on 23/ 23:30.I have only tried that time so I will not come better, hehe.Few nocturnal hypos, removing some because I went very fair to sleep, or because I exercised a specific day ... I have read that many of you put the slow morning and it is better, and I have sometimes thought about changing it, butIn the end it has given me laziness and seeing that I do not go wrong like that, because I have not touched it for now ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
03/09/2017 6:09 p.m.

I put it on about 21:30 with dinner, for comfort is the one that goes best and for the moment quite well.I would like to try in the morning but either I put it at 7 in the morning when I get up or according to availability in the work in the middle of the morning, which I do not like too much.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/09/2017 6:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ok, if putting it at night, it does not give hypos, then it is really flat and the schedule does not matter.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2017 7:01 p.m.

Well, the previous one put it at 23.30.This I have tried at 22, at 9, at 20 and now, to divide it into two (at night and morning).

pike's profile photo
pike
03/09/2017 9:15 p.m.

Hello everyone
I got Lantus in the morning and at night, now I put it in the morning at 11 and I have no hypos :-) :-)
In the morning I arrive well so it is true that it lasts 24 hours :-) :-) :-)
The only paste is that it was difficult for me to find the dose for a few months, but it is worth the change
Cheer up!And good luck to everyone

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
03/09/2017 9:38 p.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.