{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

You have to try.With the toujeo I would have to go much better than with the mixed, which are very slaves and very rigid in schedules and meals.
It will take time to adjust slow and fast, but you will gain in stability and freedom of schedules in meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/15/2018 2:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Happy2Avocados", Tb I sometimes have problems with Toujeo.In fact I had to change several times from the ball because the basal l was uploaded and as if nothing or even had higher values.If I changed the ball but not of site (the culete) for obvious reasons.And yes, I normalized but last time I had to throw the entire box because I spend the same thing with all the bolis.
I thought it was because having pancreas my values ​​are quite erratic but I see no.The same thing happens to me and I have been with Toujeo for more than a year.I do not get "basal and slow (novorapid) and step of high values ​​at" risk "values. (I say risk because in my case the hypos are more dangerous by not having pancreas).An example, the other day I had to do some analysis at 8 in the morning.Well, I woke up at 4 with 107 that seems great but I know I didn't get at 8 or joke so I took a glass of milk.Well at seven I was with 93 and hala another glass of milk (skimmed of the day) and there I was fearing that they did not do the analytics, but they did it the same and they only told me to tell the doctor when I saw the results.
Well, normal breakfast I put on a little less fast (I have stock of socks) and at 2 hours I had to take some because I was already dive.The basal unity went down and after two days I was in the morning in 250 ... and so I continue ...
Tb gives me the feeling that it does not cover me 24 hours because a time before putting it (at 6 pm) I get a rush and at two hours it starts to go down to full fuse to reach the normal, high or low dinner according totouch...
Total that I do not know what to do and of course the endocrine also have much idea seems to me, they give you manual rules and you from experience, you know that these norms are useless.
I have been diabetic for almost two years I try to take care of myself, I'm disciplined ... They don't matter, they make me green every time they see me as their guidelines.
Anyway I feel not to give you advice just understand yourself and understand that you are up to the hat and well if you fix the subject something I hope you tell me ...

happy2avocados said:
Hello, I've been with Toujeo for approximately 3 months, having been before with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
02/15/2018 7:26 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

In case it serves some@
I was yesterday with the nurse and the plan is to give Novopen echo * novorapid pen with half units) this for a month, and go up toujeo.
In a month if I am not better they pass me to threeiba
He says that it works much better than Toujeo because it is much flatter ...
I will tell you in case any@ serves

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
02/15/2018 12:09 p.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

If @repipa, I have almost the beginning of the feather or novorapid ball of half units and I find it very useful because I am very sensitive to insulin and the ratios vary at food and dinner breakfast (1/1.1/0,6, and 1/0.5 and sometimes less at night) the same as the FSI that is 60 in the morning and 100 in the afternoon and night) so I make more accounts than the great captain and always throwing downBecause if I am generous in the correction I can prepare to spend the day with my eye on the free and the crushed finger.
Tb have told me the possibility of changing to Tresiba that covers more than Toujeo but I don't know why I see them very remitted to it, I don't know if it is because the inspection has to authorize it and as I already get blind to Kreon (pancreatic enzymes)And tb have to authorize it, because it is not the same is because they do not want so much authorization, no idea ... Well, you will tell us to see how you are doing and thanks.

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
02/15/2018 8:09 p.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Hello everyone
Let's see if (as always) someone can help me
I've been telling the endocrine and the nurse that Toujeo does not catch the trick ... If I punish me more, they give me some declines at dawn that I stay in 30 !!And in the afternoon I get a lot and I have to put something quickly and I arrive at dinner just ...
I put the toujeo at 11:30 in the morning, I told the nurse that because I do not change the toujeo schedule (I think Sigsauer said here that Toujeo had a peak of action at 14-18 hours of putting it on)
I am quite desperate because it is not working for me and I do not know whether to change the schedule and give it a chance, or directly ask the endocrine to change the basal to threeiba
What do you think of the change of time?What time do you wear it?

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
02/25/2018 9:38 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Without knowing how the rest of the profile is (pres and posts all day), I can't refine much, but:
-I could try to put the toujeo in the morning or at another time of the day.
-If the problem of the afternoon climb persists, and the rest of the profile is good and you do not have to touch it, you may have the "afternoon phenomenon", which is like the dawn, but in the afternoon.Without pump, you can get a little changing the fast noon for a mixture 70:30 or by regular insulin, so you have an extra insulin acting all afternoon.
-This would allow you to lower the dose of Toujeo so as not to have the early morning hypoglycemia (assuming to be repeated despite the change of schedule.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/25/2018 9:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I already comment that I was going to my endocrine to put the toujeo because I was with the mixed and I was not doing well
I will start with her tonight, she has started with 16 units, I have read here that the results of the toujeo are seen at 3 days so you cannot modify every day until you find the key right?
And another taujeo things is modified 1 to 1 or as the lantus that increased or decreased from 2 in 2
Thank you so much

maca's profile photo
maca
02/26/2018 1:14 p.m.

Another thing will put it at night, I will have to be careful tonight and get less fast or eat more slow hydrates?Or how is it supposed to be flat, shouldn't you have a start peak?
Thanks again

maca's profile photo
maca
02/26/2018 1:17 p.m.

Indeed you have to be 3 to 5 days in a row to see the results and modify the two in two units.The first night put on the same fast that you always get the hydrates, surely you will get up but wait several days to see if you normalize before modifying it.If you get up high, put on any more unit for breakfast until you see if you normalize, but at most 1 or 2u until you see how you react because if not in the afternoon you can lower you more than the account.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/26/2018 3:20 p.m.

Ok thank you very much, what happens is that before I was with the mixed and it is more difficult to calculate but more or less I will calculate, the bad thing about the toujeo is that it takes a long time to see the results, not?
But once the first 3 or 5 days go by the change what you do in the Toujeo continue to see the 3 or 5 days or if they see day by day?

maca's profile photo
maca
02/26/2018 4:47 p.m.

Yes, each change you have to wait for at least 3 days.Take it easy.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/26/2018 6:51 p.m.

Thank you very much, I'll tell you to see how such

maca's profile photo
maca
02/26/2018 7:16 p.m.

Hello, I've been with the toujeo for a week and the truth is that I am very happy, I started with 16 and the third day I put on me 18 and I think I have found the key, jiji because I get up very well the same as how I go to bed, I spend theVery flat nights, I have free freestyle and looks like a straight line jiji
The only thing that I do not get well at all is the afternoons, I like and at 2 hours around 4:30 p.m.or 70 points my glycemia and that that does not reduce or anything.
I have read that some people say that when you spend so many hours without eating (that there are not so many about 4) your body needs energy and expel sugar in itself, others talk about the late effect, which is like the Alba effect but in the afternoon.And I really have no idea but I have to put 1 or 2 doses of fast insulin every afternoon and then get to dinner well.
Does anyone else happen?
I don't think it's for the Toujeo right?Because I always get up with very good values.
Or do you think the toujeo does not get to me and that I should lie taller and put more toujeo?
Do you have any other explanation?
Do you know that I can do part of getting fast?

Thank you so much

maca's profile photo
maca
03/04/2018 5:15 p.m.

Maybe if you advance the time of Toujeo .., eat without fat ..., put another quick insulin, such as regular, ... but that gives a very accused peak at 3 hours..
And one more unity of Toujeo,?Although you get a little at night ..
Or do some exercise in the afternoon ..
Or click quickly and take advantage to snack ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2018 8:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Maca
The same thing happens to me in the afternoons between 6 and 8 and I get toujeo in the morning
Endocrine has told me that it is the sunset effect and that there are times to pass ....
In the end I ended up clicking and I took a ration of snack.
I don't know what others do, it happens to some?

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
03/04/2018 9:08 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Affection Effect??, What happens is that a fixed insulin under the skin, cannot adapt to a whole living organism.
So you have to patch it at some point ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2018 9:42 p.m.

Yes, the same is not the exact word, the effect, but he told me it is like dawn.
I do not know what the name is, what I know is that to me in the afternoons I upload quite what does it do

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
03/04/2018 11:41 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

It is the phenomenon of ayar

maca said:
hello I have been with the toujeo a week and the truth is that I am very happy, I start with 16 and the third day I put me 18 and I think I have givenWith the key, jiji because I get up very well the same as how I go to bed, I spend the very flat nights, I have free freestyle and it looks like a straight line Jiji
The only thing that I do not get well at all is the afternoons, I like and at 2 hours around 4:30 p.m.or 70 points my glycemia and that that does not reduce or anything.
I have read that some people say that when you spend so many hours without eating (that there are not so many about 4) your body needs energy and expel sugar in itself, others talk about the late effect, which is like the Alba effect but in the afternoon.And I really have no idea but I have to put 1 or 2 doses of fast insulin every afternoon and then get to dinner well.
Does anyone else happen?
I don't think it's for the Toujeo right?Because I always get up with very good values.
Or do you think the toujeo does not get to me and that I should lie taller and put more toujeo?
Do you have any other explanation?
Do you know that I can do part of getting fast?

Thank you very much

It is the phenomenon of sunset, it is very common and is usually needed more basal in the afternoon.I advise you to make a snack with fast insulin (surely you need a lot) to cover that time section and avoid hypo.Do not touch anything more than that.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/05/2018 12:19 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello everyone I use toujeo for about four months that it was when it came out here in Spain and I am going wonderfully with only 22 units plus the diet and exercises and never had a hypoglycemia as low to 80 I put it on about 8In the morning and two hours after dinner at 9 p.m.

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
03/11/2018 11 a.m.

Hello, a year ago that I am diabetic, since I left the hospital (in hospital they treated me quickly) I am with Toujeo, now I am putting 30 units every night, I do not always put it at the same time, between the 21stAnd 00 hours, and it may increase, because I see that as time goes by I need more insulin, both the basal and the rapid.Is that normal, to need more and more?

I cannot compare with other basal insulins, because I have not used any other.

Toujeo is completely flat, when I had a hiccI have been wrong with doses when I put the quick, I have missed.

If I put 30 toujeo, if I were with Lantus, I would have to be putting 60 units.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
03/11/2018 3:23 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.