{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

Hello, I can tell you K from k we have put the three -daughter my daughter very better controlled

Josénriq's profile photo
Josénriq
10/05/2016 7:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone again
I have a question
Since I have changed to Toujeo the rapid that I get- Humalog- at certain times of the day it has a lot of effect, and with this I mean that with only one unit I get down more than 100 !!!
And if I get the basal I am high almost all day.
My endocrine has occurred to me to send me Apidra Junior, who has half units and here comes my question
Can one click Humalog and Apidra, depending on what you have?For example Apidra for breakfast and dinner and humalog in food?
The endocrine tells me yes and my previous endocrine, the nurse, told me no ...
What I do???

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
10/20/2016 1:23 p.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

@Repipa, I think about your current endocrine.I do not see any problem that you use different insulin at different times.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/20/2016 4:25 p.m.

But it will be better for you to use the apidra so as not to put so on ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/20/2016 5:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And what problem is there to use only Junior ... ??When you make more effect you get half units and when you need faster you put entire units, I say it from ignorance, that can be done truth .. ??

I have been with Toujeo for 7 days and the truth is that not even comparison with Tresiba at least in my case, in 6 days with Toujeo I have already had more flat days and in objective than in the last 2 months with threeiba so in the absenceIf you keep adjusting some postpondrial at the moment and I cross my fingers, in my case it works for me very better ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2016 6:08 p.m.

Sigsauer, as my endocrine explained to me, the Junior Apidra is the apidra simply in tubes that adjust to a non -disposable pen.That pen has a more complex mechanism than disposable ones, to allow half a unit to allow to rise in half, from a unit.It is the one I use.

I also use toujeo, and shed at 12 noon.They explained that it does not matter the time you put it on, and that nothing happens if you do not inject it at the exact time and one or two hours leaves.And both endocrine also told me that the changes in the amount of toujeo began to be noticed three days, so you just have to vary seeing trends of several days (with other slow ones that make more peak you have to see what hours it is better, because of the peak, and also you cannot change the time).For example, if four or five days in a row you get up with high glycemia, upload a unit.If they are low glycemia, lower a unit.And that high and low is not the same for each one.
I toujo the vario between 6 and 8, I have not needed more or less.Now I am in 6.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
10/20/2016 8:30 p.m.

Thanks to everyone
I have been thinking that the two insulins, both Apidra and Humalog, its duration is at most 3 and a half hours in the body, so I do not think you have any problem.I will try and tell you

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
10/20/2016 9:22 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Hello everyone!
I am new here, I have been reading your comments, suggestions, experiences, questions ... And it seems great to this forum, help and give a lot of encouragement.Thanks to everyone.
I debuted in the world of type 1 diabetes nine years ago, in 2009.

I have always administered Lantus first in the morning when I woke up and then at noon so far and Apidra, fast insulin, before meals, now on demand.My endocrine has changed me to the toujeo alleging to keep the most stable figures during the 24h of the day and that you have to administer less volume.

I manage Toujeo 23 according to Endocrine Pain that was the same as the Lantus.
Seeing that the 2 -day basal and postpandracials are very high, I have to correct with Apidra.I have already read that almost everyone has had to raise the slow and adjust the fast.
So I will have to go up the dose of Toujeo until you get good basal so I do not understand what is more concentrated in volume.If in the end you have to climb the dose with respect to the Lantus, the volume to be administered will be almost the same.So, I don't understand this benefit.

I found this forum because I was looking for information about this new insulin and if dose had to be uploaded.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/19/2016 7:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Hello, everyone!
Today I am going to try up 2 units of the Toujeo, I manage it at 2:00 p.m.
I am having more than 200mg/dl of basal and more than 250mg/dl of postpandriales.What do you think of trying with 2 more from Toujeo because I have to correct a lot with the apidra?
Or do you advise me to do?I don't have the endocrine until December 23

Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 9:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Welcome @pinkunicorn
To me this forum solved some ballots and desperate days!There are many crack here!!!!
It has cost me enough to do with the toujeo but once you get the dose is much better than Lantus.
I started with 4 unit less than Lantus and then started up.
Until I caught the dose I climbed one in one of Toujeo every two days.
Some have cost us a couple of months so being patient until you give with the dose.
Then if it is true that it is flatter, hypoglycemia are less severe and the increases as well.Surely you are doing well!
Cheer up!!!

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
11/20/2016 11:32 a.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

sigsauer said:
and what problem is only junior to use ... ??When you make more effect you get half units and when you need faster you put entire units, I say it from ignorance, that can be done truth .. ??

I have been with Toujeo for 7 days and the truth is that not even comparison with Tresiba at least in my case, in 6 days with Toujeo I have already had more flat days and in objective than in the last 2 months with threeiba so in the absenceIf you keep adjusting some postpondrial at the moment and I cross my fingers, in my case it works very better ....

Thanks for the encouragement, replace.
I've only been with the toujeo for 2 days, should you wait one more day to upload the dose or could you start?It is that postpandracials are very high and I despair.
On the other hand, I also use the Junior Apidra that goes 0.5 in 0.5 UI and I do super good because I have the Aviva check glucometer that calculates me, according to the carbon HCs that it introduces, the APIDRA UI that I have toManaging and sometimes tells me that I have to manage 2.5 IU, for example, for what the Junior Apidra is doing very well.

Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 11:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

This morning I had 283 mg/dl after breakfast and woke up with 159 mg/dl after having corrected with Apidra after dinner.

Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 11:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

@Pinkunicorn hello, the average of toujeo units is 20 % more than with the lantus, it is clear that these figures are orientative, I tell you what people comment here and for what my endocrine told me but you already know thatEach one is a world and we do some totally different activities, I was with 18u from Lantus and now I am with 22-23u from Toujeo to get an idea ... I threw myself into the pool from day one with 23u and I thinkthat I succeed although I still have some postpandral to control ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/20/2016 11:59 a.m.

I will start today going up one more and if you continue like this on Tuesday you go up another.
It happened to me that I started up and there was a time that started working and I had to go down, but I started to climb little by little, one in one every two days.
Cheer up!!!!

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
11/20/2016 12:01 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Ok!
Thank you very much repipa!
I will tell you

Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 12:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Thanks to you also Sig Sauer

Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 12:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Well, something similar is happening to me.I have been as almost 2 weeks since my change from the Levemir to the Toujeo.I am aware that the new one is more powerful and it is possible that the peaks that cause hydrates and even fast insulin can now be delayed by the action of the slow with respect to what happened before with the other.

Well, as I say, I have been with extra high data for almost 2 weeks for what I am.It may be for other reasons (stress, some cost or like that) but I have tried to put 9 units of taujeo insulin, 10 and yesterday up to 11 and the pattern is usually the same.The rapid period of action is usually effective but I have to correct myself a lot for the periods where only the slow one acts and I have even feared to suffer that "Alba phenomenon" since there are times that I go to bed with 130 and at 4 in the morningI am in 200.

Anyway, he believed that diabetes was less confusing than is usually in many moments.It seems like you have to walk blindly, juggling with the resources you have until you find the exact key.There we continue in the fight.

pike's profile photo
pike
11/20/2016 8:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Cheer up!!!
That in the end before or later you will find the dose
I was a bit desperate and thanks to the spirits and instructions of some cracks from here I got it.

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
11/20/2016 8:55 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Go up, one in one every two days, until you wake up well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2016 12:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, everyone!
In the end I rose the toujeo to 25 IU because postpandial glycems were more than 200 at times almost 300, even the basal ones.
With the 2 IU that I have climbed I have much more optimal glycemia and it seems more stable, I even exercised in the evening, 50 min of elliptics, and I had no hypoglycemia.
Before dinner 86, after exercising.At 4 in the morning 127, then at 6 in the morning if I was at 186 and corrected with 1ui from Apidra and woke up with 104. I fell asleep and I could not make dinner postpandral
: -T
Will I keep seeing how I go with 25 UI of Toujeo and I tell you, but do you have to correct quickly during the night?Or is it a matter of raising more the toujeo?\: D/

Pinkunicorn
11/21/2016 10:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.