{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

Thanks Regina and Santos.
This basal is costing me enough to take the point ... Maybe because I have been almost 15 years with Lantus.
Today I had the day tightened quite high removing the first -hour hypo ... see tomorrow because I have the same one day, when it seems that he throws forward he spoils again ... I'll tell you
Thanks again

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
07/22/2016 12:48 a.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Hello everyone
Repipa, not despair first hehe (I know it costs).It has cost me about two months to catch the trick to the toujeo.TB led half a life with Lantus.
I tell you what has been well in case you can help you.After trying all the schedules to put it the best is before bed.I put it on the 23.30h when I make dinner post (you have a three -hour margin with this insulin).I advise you that if you try to put it at that time you control around 4h in the morning a few days to see how you are.If you are high there, you lack toujeo and if you are well waiting for fasting control.If it is upper, you are going up until you get up in target.Once that is already achieved, it is only to adjust the quick.
This insulin is flatter than the lantus but the issue is that practically no one needs the same basal throughout the day (something you have pump or adjust how you can better).In my case I need more basal insulin at night and in the morning and less in the afternoon.What I do is put the dose I need to get up in a goal and if in the afternoon I see that it is a lot of adjusting something to the snack (depending on the food post) or less fast in the food so that the post is approx 130and get to dinner well without snack.
Another thing that can go well to know if the basal is well adjusted is to make partial fasts (it may sound fatal and maybe someone has me hahe but is nothing serious).For example, one morning imagine you get up at 100 because you don't get fast and don't eat until noon.If at noon you are target, the basal is well regulated.The same in the afternoon (it is easier here).You eat at noon.If the post is good, not snacks, and if you get to dinner the dose of toujeo is ok.
All this is approx because sugar can rise to you (especially in the morning) without eating ... it is a matter of testing and analyzing how the body responds.
Cheer up

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/22/2016 11:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

sugared said:
hello everyone
Repipa, not despair first hehe (I know it costs).It has cost me about two months to catch the trick to the toujeo.TB led half a life with Lantus.
I tell you what has been well in case you can help you.After trying all the schedules to put it the best is before bed.I put it on the 23.30h when I make dinner post (you have a three -hour margin with this insulin).I advise you that if you try to put it at that time you control around 4h in the morning a few days to see how you are.If you are high there, you lack toujeo and if you are well waiting for fasting control.If it is upper, you are going up until you get up in target.Once that is already achieved, it is only to adjust the quick.
This insulin is flatter than the lantus but the issue is that practically no one needs the same basal throughout the day (something you have pump or adjust how you can better).In my case I need more basal insulin at night and in the morning and less in the afternoon.What I do is put the dose I need to get up in a goal and if in the afternoon I see that it is a lot of adjusting something to the snack (depending on the food post) or less fast in the food so that the post is approx 130and get to dinner well without snack.
Another thing that can go well to know if the basal is well adjusted is to make partial fasts (it may sound fatal and maybe someone has me hahe but is nothing serious).For example, one morning imagine you get up at 100 because you don't get fast and don't eat until noon.If at noon you are target, the basal is well regulated.The same in the afternoon (it is easier here).You eat at noon.If the post is good, not snacks, and if you get to dinner the dose of toujeo is ok.
All this is approx because sugar can rise to you (especially in the morning) without eating ... it is a matter of testing and analyzing how the body responds.
Courage

Everything you comment makes enough, in one of those I still encourage I have tried to give this insulin another chance.
With her, I had never had such disastrous values, my doses were the following.

Lantus 34 Toujeo 40 always with hyperglycemia by night up of 200 and day in 180.
Humalog double that with Lantus.
I was despair and probe 10 days.

I still have 3 months without use, what benefits do you think about the lantus?
Have you also had to raise the doses in relation to Lantus?
Greetings and thanks

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2016 8:41 p.m.

Thank you very much sugared
I will listen to you, I will be trying, yes after holiday
Millions of thanks again
And let's see if we get it!!!!!

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
07/23/2016 12:12 a.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

@Sugard, I like the idea of ​​partial fasts to adjust the basal.I had thought about spending a whole day to vegetable balditos .., but I like it more.;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2016 1:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello,
Afterego, the benefits that I personally find in relation to the Lantus is that it does not peak me.With Lantus he had the beak at six hours day TB day.In relation to the duration of me the lantus lasted me 24h but for the people who do not cover them it can be another benefit of the toujeo.As for the dose I am now getting the same as Lantus but I would not worry about the amount.That is, with Toujeo, you need more doses but the notes more flat at the end is to put the necessary one.If you have only tried 10 days it is very little.I despaired at first because there was no way.And beware that if I see that the thing gets worse or does not end up returning to Lantus TB.I the problem with Lantus is that around 5 in the morning I noticed my peak and had many night hypos.

Regina, the vegetable baldites I don't see it because even if I only eat that, I would need something fast.I do not know if to all the DBs it happens to us but at least to me (and to other people I have commented on) a thing occurs.If you eat an accompaniment salad, you may not count the rations that said salad supposes but how you eat only the salad I have to tell it minimal as a unit and get fast because something goes up to you.

It occurs similar to the issue of partial fasts.It happens to me that the day I fast to go out to get blood, if I wake up at 100 to put and as I do not even put myself that at two hours I am much higher.The issue of morning increases ...

It is to try but it is true (some will have had more luck) than the Toujeo costs to catch the trick.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/25/2016 1:50 p.m.

Hello, being only with vegetables is not a good solution, since you do not put the body hydrates, that is, real fuel for your machine, which is your body.You cannot be without ingesting energy, which must be 60 percent of the food.You have to test, but to get over, you have to look at least 10 times to have good control: 4 intakes, it means looking before for insulin, and two hours after intake, to see what maintenance you do until next timeintakeAnd at night, a couple of times.With this, the rapid and slow dose is better.All the best

Santos's profile photo
Santos
07/25/2016 4:53 p.m.

Yes,@Santos, but we talked about partial or one day fasts, to see if the basal is adjusted.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/26/2016 4 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course, we talk about not having breakfast one day to check the basal dose, not as food routine.Although TP is 'forced' to make four daily intakes.For that we have fast insulins, to eat whenever we want.If the basal is well adjusted ... with the fast you can 'play', so we talked about adjusting the basal.
Another issue is the nutritional issue, the amount of hydrates, proteins, etc.ideal, but that is another issue.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/26/2016 11:32 a.m.

sugared said:
hello, Hello,
Afterego, the benefits that I personally find in relation to the Lantus is that it does not peak me.With Lantus he had the beak at six hours day TB day.In relation to the duration of me the lantus lasted me 24h but for the people who do not cover them it can be another benefit of the toujeo.As for the dose I am now getting the same as Lantus but I would not worry about the amount.That is, with Toujeo, you need more doses but the notes more flat at the end is to put the necessary one.If you have only tried 10 days it is very little.I despaired at first because there was no way.And beware that if I see that the thing gets worse or does not end up returning to Lantus TB.I the problem with Lantus is that around 5 in the morning I noticed my peak and had many night hypos.

Regina, the vegetable baldites I don't see it because even if I only eat that, I would need something fast.I do not know if to all the DBs it happens to us but at least to me (and to other people I have commented on) a thing occurs.If you eat an accompaniment salad, you may not count the rations that said salad supposes but how you eat only the salad I have to tell it minimal as a unit and get fast because something goes up to you.

Hi Sugaged I think you are right about Lantus's duration, I personally do not cover me all day and have the starting dose in two batches tomorrow and night and it finds it quite well.
Example yesterday I slept at 22:30 with 125 and at 1 I was in 180, I lift me apply 2 of rapida and dawn at 7:30 with 112.
Normally never to say I rarely have hypos at night, rather the opposite.
My diet is low in HC because I practically do not like rice or potatoes and few zero pizza flours and zero hamburgers, compensated with fruit vegetables and meats and bread for breakfast toas Bimbo but salads also raise glymia and normally I have to apply 2or Humalog 3.
I plan to give him another chance and I would not continue with Lantus since 75% of the day I am with good values.

greetings

It occurs similar to the issue of partial fasts.It happens to me that the day I fast to go out to get blood, if I wake up at 100 to put and as I do not even put myself that at two hours I am much higher.The issue of morning increases ...

It is to try but it is true (some will have had more luck) than the Toujeo costs to catch the trick.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/26/2016 3:39 p.m.

"Example yesterday I slept at 22:30 with 125 and at 1 I was in 180, I lift me apply 2 of rapida and dawn at 7:30 with 112."

Is the control of 22:30 at two hours of dinner and getting the quick?And what time do you put the toujeo?Or were you now with Lantus?

Is that let's see .. I put the toujeo before going to sleep (23.30 approx) and there I do postcena control (it is at two hours approx. Thus postcene control picture with toujeo and correction if necessary).Then, following the example of my case, if I go to 125 and at 1h I am 180 I would understand that I am based basal and the toujeo would rise.

I have been doing so.I have looked at myself around 4h in the morning and if the control was high, the toujeo went up the next day.It happens to me that from 4h to 7h that I wake up, something uploads to me.To say, if at 4h I am 112 I wake up at 130. So I have been uploading according to needs.

If you need correction with fast night and the dinner you have taken is not late digestion, you lack basal.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/27/2016 12:10 p.m.

I wanted to share with you who after three months (since May 6) with Toujeo I have improved the gly and I am happy as a partridge hehe bored me this week and I have it in 6.2 (previous 7.0).So it was worth the effort.I encourage those who are starting with her.It costs to catch it but it is worth it.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/29/2016 11:45 a.m.

Good morning
As always I turn to you to see if you can help me.
As I have already mentioned, I have been with Toujeo since June, and I put it in the morning at 11. It turns out that from one month to this part, I am waking up with hiccups, and the rest of the day it seems that humalog makes me a lot of effect(I get to get more than 100! With a unit!) Less in the afternoon that puts me what I put ended by clicking every day and without snacking !!!!!
I have thought about lowering the dose of toujeo and clicking more humalog or changing the toujeo on schedule, so as not to have hypos in the morning or early in the morning.
I have also thought of changing the humalog for another quick
Let's see if you give me any idea because I'm a little fed up now :-)

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
09/19/2016 10:23 a.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

It has not cost me anything to adapt to her, two units have more, and I think I will have to lower the dose of fast, but for now very well.

I am very happy, it seems that I am more stable, to see in a few months when I do analysis to see how I go.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/19/2016 10:48 a.m.

Hello everyone
Repipa, for what you say and a priori if you get up with hiccups is that you have basal left over.But you have to take into account other factors.
My advice would be that you first try to regulate the basal.That is, you are within the target in the morning on an empty stomach.With the fast you will do more and less later.
Things that I now take into account and before not so much:
- I don't have the same need for basal throughout the day.This would say that it is for the majority.Apart from the bomb, the only solution that I have found to this is whether for example my needs are greater in the morning, in the afternoon (that the sensitivity increases and I need less basal), to have something minimal without fast if the post of thefood is below 100. That is, put the basal dose necessary to cover the stripes in which you need more and adapt the other moments with food.Toujeo is quite flat but still our needs are not constant.
- The menstrual cycle influences me a lot.When ovulo I have more insulin resistance, so I play with two units up.When I see that one day the trend is to be rather high because I upload the basal a bit.
- The schedule that best goes to Toujeo is the night.I put it before going to sleep, about 11pm and my endo told me that they were seeing for different patients that seemed the best time for this insulin.I tried tomorrow, afternoon and night and by far the night is better.

I hope I helped you something.
A hug

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
09/19/2016 1:58 p.m.

Hello everyone.I have debuted a month ago and they sent me toujeo + apidra.I have not used the apidra yet and the toujeo lowered the 320 (fasting) hyperglycemia to 90 in 3 days.Now with 8 units of Toujeo in the morning and remain equal to 90 and without hypos for the moment (although I am new and does not count).

Greetings to all and I will tell more about the toujeo;)

freesoft's profile photo
freesoft
09/19/2016 4:40 p.m.

43 años (debut Diabetes tipo 1 hace 4)
Toujeo 26 Unidades + apidra 5 en comidas (variable)
Basal 70 - 110
A1c: 5,6 (puro del endocrino por dar tan baja)

Thank you very much @Sugarded for your observations
And to all others
I think I will try the basal first and then to change at night
Thank you:)

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
09/19/2016 8:28 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Cheer up!@freesoft

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
09/19/2016 8:29 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Well, I will finally be able to post in this thread with knowledge of cause.The endocrine yesterday has changed the slow to the toujeo and, although before I will use the bolis that I have left of the Levemir, I will tell you how the thing goes with the change;)

pike's profile photo
pike
09/30/2016 9:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Encourage @pike!
You will see how little by little it is great

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
10/01/2016 11:55 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.