{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

Thank you, Yesssica, because the change to Toujeo will begin in August trusting the ball and always purging before.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2018 6:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Cristarivera" The vials that I say I do not know if they will exist, it was many years ago and they were like the cartridges (ink) of the fountain feathers, but transparent and full of insulin, with which you pretended the pen he hadA hole to put them.The same system of the fountain cartridge feathers.It was much more reliable and cheap for the SS and the consumer, of course ... but not beneficial for laboratories.I was very little time with them because they immediately passed me to the feathers.
What you say about Toujeo is rare for them to go wrong, I have always attributed it to dosing failures, but it is still strange in basal insulins because if you put on 24, 26 or 30 u, the one that there is a lag of 1 or 2U, for example, above or below it will not affect you too much, the problem is the fast ones, in which you get few units and put a unit of more or less can cause you a real problem.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 7:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Regina I have not given problems the bolis of Toujeo, I think they are even better than those of Tresiba that I also tried for 4 months.-

With respect to Lantus I think I got 4-5 units although I have had times of more or less amount as now for example that I am in 20U and I think I will lower some more, I have the feeling that can be of the summer heats.I tell you so that you also take it into account for the change.-

How do you take the change of station to adjust the basal .. ???

@"Runing50" 1-2 units above or below Toujeo, go if they affect me !!But each person has a metabolism, which affects me to another person may not so much and vice versa more or less like beers !!;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/02/2018 7:45 p.m.

Of course @"sigsauer" should affect me more than me, apart from the sensitivity of each one also influences the percentage over the total, for you about 20u, it is 10% of variation, for me 2u on34u Total supposes me just over 5%, which is half.
And this for @"Regina", when I passed from Lantus to Toujeo I went from 30 u from Lantus to 34u that I put now, which is more or less like everyone else.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 8:07 p.m.

If @runing, she was a magnificent nurse from the clinician, Mercedes Galindo, who told me that insulinLess (there are people who last two newspapers because they need an insulin porron) and if suddenly you are normal and suddenly hit you a rush without a motive changing pen just like perhaps.I always listened to him and was not wrong.I have relied a lot about it, it has just been a pity because it is the friendliest thing in the world and also very concerned about patients and always willing to receive you even if it were five minutes, which not everyone does.In any case, each one has their own clear experience, especially those who have been with this for a long time, you know many things and for the nervous that we block ourselves to new situations, your advice comes from pearl..Thanks for the information of the roads, I thought they were still in use, but I see no.It reminds me of what you say to the cartridges of the feathers of half units that I use but that last the same more or less than a normal pen.I will be more complicated than feathers even if they have their defects.All the best

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
07/02/2018 9:37 p.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Well, I have used XQ syringes debut on holidays and there was no way to get the needles of the feathers.In emergencies they gave me syringes.I saw it black.But then I used a lot of insulin and was easy to put in a syringe.

I made a rule of 3 but of course you change insulin is not the same because Toujeo is more concentrated than Lantus (300 you the ml and the pen brings 1.5 ml) or 450 units.
Lantus or Levemir are 100 units the ml and there are 3ml pen, let's go 300 units.

In Toujeo 1ud = 0.0033ml, for 14 units I wear are 0.046 ml.Impossible to put in syringe that goes 0.5ml at 0.5 ml.I use the pen but does not convince me because the first 3 units are empty.It does not leave or drop.

I still do tests I think I will go up to 16 units ... With 14 I continue above 160mg/dl.I am going to get fatal the glyc ... anyway.
With the Levemir it was not bad, I do not have nightlife at the moment, so I do not take advantage of the taujeo plainness that those who have used it comment for a long time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/02/2018 11:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

With Levemir I had tremendous nocturnal hypos, when I was in the newly operated hospital, and I think it was because they put it with dinner and at once and they also put me too much.When the family doctor was discharged, the first thing he did was lower the insulin doses and the problem is over.However, with the toujeo I did not just stabilize and that I have been with it for a year and a half.Continuous changes, usually one or two units but it is rare that it is more than a week with the same dose, and the truth is exhausting.And as for stability, well, Ayey and the day before yesterday I went to sleep high thinking about climbing the dose again and look where yesterday I lift myself with 191 and today with 122 and pulling down, having dinner exactly the same.Yes, I know that there are other factors that can influence, such as hyaluronic acid that, as @regina says, would be a huge medical discovery, because to see if it is true ... Too bad that only does it when it seems appropriate ... total thanI am not very convinced of Toujeo's stability, but well if others are going wonderfully ... Well, great!

Cristinarivera
07/03/2018 6:04 a.m.

@Cristinirivera, if you were better controlled with Levemir, tell the endocrine to prescribe a Levemir again.
If my daughter is no more stable with Toujeo than with Lantus, she will return to Lantus.
Everyone knows what is best
It is true that new insulins have to give them a little time to take the point, dose and schedule, but not everyone reacts in the same way, and in a year it is already known whether or not they go well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/03/2018 11:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you, @regina, you are right.Endo told me about changing to Tresiba but has not said anything again.I see it at the end of July and we'll see where it goes.I did not see her very lively to let's again.I will tell you anyway.I'll tell you.

Cristinarivera
07/03/2018 12:12 p.m.

It is that if we do not feel good with an insulin, it cannot be a jail to continue with it., Knowing that with another we would be better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/03/2018 12:22 p.m.

Totally agree @"Regina" I am very unhappy with Toujeo.Not low from 160. I am not used to these high values.
In addition I also have to put much more fast insulin (double).I don't know if it's a consequence of toujeo or I have another resistance crisis ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/03/2018 8:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

But how long do you have been with Toujeo to be unhappy ...?Our problem is that when we make a "theoretically" change we want to see the results in the glucometer for now and that is very difficult, take a while because in 4 months you still put that it is the best you have done since you started withthis.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/04/2018 9:13 a.m.

One week and not low of 260mg/dl.Rapid insulin is also doing badly.

I have risen from 1: 1ud fast insulin to 1: 2.5ud and at 3 hours I go to 260 again.

Yesterday I had an impressive anger:
- Breakfast 2.5 rations with 6 und and at 4 hours I started being below 150
- Food 3 portions with 6 und (half a dish of green beans with tuna and 2 rations of fruit), at 3 hours ... 2 ud more quickly because it followed in 240.
- Dinner: I went with some friends and directly I didn't even think about it ... 10 fast.Well, it was fine ... I gave me a little hiccup at 3 hours.I cogi 10 cherries and good ... 100, Alah ... to sleep.At 2:00 in the morning ... 180mg/dl.

Of Levemir 12ud I go for 20 of Toujeo.

I am thinking that in my body there must be some incompatibility between Toujeo and Novorapid, while my reserve has ended suddenly and end of the honeymoon ... or is waiting for me for a month of X files and then it passes(It would not be the first time)

I am also thinking of changing Toujeo's time ... from 22:00 to the morning.

I do not touch until the end of August.I have written an email to see if it tells me something.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2018 8:23 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, I don't know your weight, but they seem very normal doses that you are putting on, both slow and fast. My daughter now has 24 of Lantus and 6;12;6, fast.
With toujeo, some more unit of that ball will be put, I imagine that you will need about 27
, 28 or more
The fast I think you already have them, you need to upload the toujeo a little more, maybe when you have adjusted the toujeo and wake up well, you lower the fast ones a bit.
Yes before you got less insulin, it does not mean that you have resistance now, you could be on a honeymoon ..,. I see your doses very normal now and, increasing toujeo, I think you have already controlled it
Give yourself another week.

By the way, for the comment of the other day, I don't know if you are from Oviedo, yes, we can see each other one day ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2018 8:39 a.m.

I also notice the effect depending on the area where I put it on, in the leg it is as if it will need more toujeo units than in glutege, in my case when I put it on the leg is not that the effect is more delayedis that it is as if I had put me 1-2U of less.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/05/2018 10:50 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" I normally put about 26 of Toujeo (de Lantus I think I put about 22) so don't be scared to need so much, you are within normal.And quickly also use a lot for hydrates that, as are normally 2 units per ration although the corrections lower a unit.I think you are within normal, so what you need from Toujeo without problems as you have told you.If your pancreatic reservations are starting to go down and together with the change to Toujeo, which always takes more doses, it is normal.So that you get an idea, I pre-regulate and ovulation days I upload to 34-36 or what you describe happens to me, that as soon as the fast stops it, the fast begins to rise to me.With another slow one with climbing 2 or 4 units it would surely be enough but with Toujeo more is needed.And the effect of the climb is not immediate, I am 1 or 2 days correcting quickly until I notice the rise of Toujeo.And that I upload it when before, I put it in the morning and if that day I observe that between hours I go up and coincides with the days of the month that I need more doses I put the extra at night instead of waiting the next day forto take effect as soon as possible.It is the main problem that I see the Toujeo, which takes a long time to notice the effect and you have to catch the trick and have some patience those days.

In your case I would give him a few more days to go caught the trick and adjust the dose.I spent more than a week with adjustments until I find my dose, nothing happens for a few days if the change is better.I recommend that you have a little patience because the same way then the change is great and for not giving you a few more days you keep another insulin that is worse.If once des with the dose, still convince you then return to the one before, that option always you.But you have been knowing very little time to know if you are going well.
It is that it keeps me super flat, I can spend the entire night in 80 with the peace of mind of not having drops or ups.That compensates for the roll of settings 2 times a month, in the end it is 4 or 5 days a month of settings but the rest is wonderful.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/05/2018 11:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you all for your advice;I was using very little insulin and has been to change to Toujeo and play everything, suddenly, nothing gradual.I have been in diabetes 3.5 years;I thought it would gradually change the change.

What gives me the most anger is that before the change, I was almost without insulin, super happy that with 1 dose I lowered 30 grams of HC ... and from one day to another, Zasca!I go to reverse 10 grams 3 units.It is like the improvement before the death that happens to some people .... the final auction!

I will see if by Sanitas a header can ask me for the peptide C and I leave doubts, because it has already happened to me to triple all 20 days and suddenly my pancreas becomes operational again, and wing!Again to lower insulins.

@"Regina" I would like to live in Oviedo, I love that city.I live in Madrid, is that last year when pollution episodes, they appointed Oviedo several times.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2018 11:30 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, the fact of almost folding the basal is normal with toujeo, the strange thing is that it affects you tb to the fast, having no problem added to the diabetes, but well ... by the way what is that of the peptide c?Every day is a new thing for me ... quantisimo do you know what envy ... where do you learn so many things?A few months ago I bought a book that seemed that it was the panacea that was already going to teach me everything I had and for having ... well as if they talked to me on Swahili, I did not understand anything and of course I left it as impossible ... andThus I still plunged into ignorance and giving the neighbor all day ...

Cristinarivera
07/06/2018 1:51 p.m.

@"Cristarivera" The peptide C are hormones that occur in the pancreas in the same amount as insulin, instead of measuring the amount of insulin (I understand that they do not know how) they measure the amount of the peptide C and gives you thereserve that you have.

I have learned thanks to this forum.:) So thank you all.

I have already solved my control.The change to Toujeo joined with strong insulin resistance.It happens to me from time to time.Then I have rebound effect ... My reservation is activated and very few insulin.
I have returned to 1: 1 for the fast and the toujeo to 14 because they give me declines.2 uds more than adding the dose of Levemir.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/09/2018 8:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you @rutbia, it hurts that I don't even have the peptide c those, let's see.Without a miajita de pancreas you will tell me .... I am very happy that everything is normalized, hopefully you enter the delighted club with Toujeo, so you will be quieter.I will continue to drag my transaminases elevator my erratic and unintelligible insulin that brings me along the street of bitterness and hits me some scares that laugh at a book by Stephen King or Lovecraft ... Puritito fear.I'm glad, I repeat that you are better.Take care of yourself.All the best

Cristinarivera
07/09/2018 10:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.