{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

@Emily It happens to me the other way around I need less insulin fast and with the toujeo I go up and down by timetastestant shorts between 23, 24 and 25.Sometimes I have got to put 26 and as a particular endo says that TB is in a hospital in the SS and takes another person who does not have pancreas to "walk through a risk zone" and then I have to lower it again.At first I put it with dinner and they changed it at six in the afternoon and the truth is better.
I just returned to work and with the change of time rhythms I am a bit out of time and quite unstable.I hope it is a matter of time.
The ppio was lowered to 22 just in case but I had to raise it because I wreck myself.(I have gone from getting up at 8-8.30 at 5 in the morning and to eat almost two hours later than before, a mess) but well I hope it is normalized as soon as possible and within the instability that characterizes me..
However, although it is true that it is quite flat, it gives me the feeling of that the three hours of putting it if "helps" lower the glucose of the dinner.I don't know, it's just an appreciation, I will have to ask the official endocrine I have not seen for more than seven months.A blessing the attention paid.

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
03/11/2018 6:36 p.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

@Emily, from Toujeo there are more units than of Lantus, like 20% more.So you're not getting very slow.In addition, the volume of insulin that is injected with Toujeo is less than that of Lantus, because the toujeo is more concentrated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/11/2018 10:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ah, go, thanks for the info.Precisely because Toujeo is Lantus but concentrated, I thought I inject less units than if Lantus used.I understood the other way around.

regina said:
@emily, from toujeo put more units than of Lantus, as 20% more.So you're not getting very slow.In addition, the volume of insulin that is injected with Toujeo is less than that of Lantus, because the toujeo is more concentrated.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
03/12/2018 12:29 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

What has touched us is not easy ...

I am almost always high, only 5% of the measurements come out within the desirable range.It is a continuous fight, I need more insulin, if I still still, in a few years I will need a daily pen of each :(

On Tuesday they do me analysis, to see what comes out.

I hope you do not take to habituate the new schedules.

Christarivera said:
@emily it happens to me the other way around I need less fast insulin and with the toujeo I go up and down by temporads coarse shorts between 23, 24 and 25.Sometimes I have got to put 26 and as a particular endo says that TB is in a hospital in the SS and takes another person who does not have pancreas to "walk through a risk zone" and then I have to lower it again.At first I put it with dinner and they changed it at six in the afternoon and the truth is better.
I just returned to work and with the change of time rhythms I am a bit out of time and quite unstable.I hope it is a matter of time.
The ppio was lowered to 22 just in case but I had to raise it because I wreck myself.(I have gone from getting up at 8-8.30 at 5 in the morning and to eat almost two hours later than before, a mess) but well I hope it is normalized as soon as possible and within the instability that characterizes me..
However, although it is true that it is quite flat, it gives me the feeling of that the three hours of putting it if "helps" lower the glucose of the dinner.I don't know, it's just an appreciation, I will have to ask the official endocrine I have not seen for more than seven months.A blessing the attention paid.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
03/12/2018 12:37 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

However, I am more and more sensitive to the fast at food and dinner. Why?No idea.I left the hospital putting myself 18 of Novorapid at breakfast and food and 12 at dinner.Well now they are breakfast 4, food 2 and a half and dinner 0, 0'5 or if I am very high 1.And if I have to correct myself careful, with half unity and once they have spent three hours of having punctured and repeat if necessary.Only once I got one and a half, I was in 400 and did not go down.So that it lowered me ... a first.

Cristinarivera
03/12/2018 12:57 a.m.

I return to this old thread.
Has anyone changed from Levemir to Toujeo?
I just changed and this is not going.All day above 200.
I was paid to put the same amount of toujeo as of a levem but no.
I am reading the prospects and concentrations are lower in Toujeo than Levemir (use another principle) and that Lantus (which is the same principle).The lantus also was going well with 10 units and with 12 units of Toujeo I am 200 all day.
Plana if it is ... 200 not low or I go up :(

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/01/2018 10:25 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, it will be that you need to raise the toujeo.More toujeo units are needed than of a levemir,
or Lantus., Although being more concentrated, the injected volume is much lower.
It seems to me that you will have to go up the toujeo of one in one unit every two days, until you regulate.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/01/2018 12:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks @"Regina" I am doing so.I go for 14 units.I have proven that the pen in 1 ud or 2 ud does not take or drop ... from 4 something comes out.
It seems a bit scam to tell us that it is more concentrated when it is not true.Levemir or Lantus are feathers of 100 units/ml and there are 3 ml/pen and it is toujeo are 300 units/ml for 1.5ml/pen which requires more units per take.
Another thing is that the active substance is more effective.But in concentration it is a lie.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/01/2018 1:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello! ... I have been using it for a few months and the truth is that great ... I have many less hypoglycemia and melobine has lowered ... now I'm 6.2 ... I put it a day at 6:30 p.m..Greetings

dori said:
good.

Before yesterday he went to the endocrine and finally he had already removed "at all" the hypos because before he had very often and in February only one ... well the 6'7 glyc.Total much better than before.

The fact is that it has changed me to the toujeo that I do not know how it will be if someone uses it that I comment xD

He made me evenly because I will only have to put it at once and not twice.I will tell you how.

He told me that he had left one two days ago "yesterday" told me but no idea

maríajosé33's profile photo
maríajosé33
07/01/2018 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sometimes I think that what they fail is the bolis .., I do not know why they do not continue to take out the slow vials to put them with syringe.Much more reliable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2018 12:11 a.m.

The feathers fail a lot, especially in summer.The rubber buffer where the needle is pricked and the vial in the trash.In my case once, a full -fledpid case.It gave me a lot of anger.
Now I have hair syringes to get it if it happens again.Of course you have to know well to convert units to ml because the needles are in ml.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/02/2018 7:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Another topic that seems shameful is that of the feathers, the specifications with which they manufacture allow them to have a margin of error of 1 U in the section between 1 and 10 units.That is, whoever puts itself 2u, for ejmp., You can actually be clicking 1u only or 3 u, that is half or almost double.Then we complain about the X files that come from time to time.It would be much better to make more precise feathers and then load them with vials of the corresponding insulin.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 8:28 a.m.

My daughter always puts the lantus with syringe, and the Humalog does eat at home, too.And he has no X files almost ever.
So when you pass to Toujeo, that it also puts it with syringe, but carefully, because you have to convert units. ,, The units of the toujeo pen, do not equal those of the syringe.

@Ruthbia, do you know what is the equivalence?
How do they become?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2018 9:11 a.m.

@"Regina" is a simple rule of three, the concentration of the Lantus is 100u per milliliter, Toujeo's is 300u per milliliter, after Toujeo you have to divide by 3.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 1:21 p.m.

However, wait to see what Ruthbia tells you, because when you change you to Toujeo they always advise you to put more units than you put with Lantus

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 1:31 p.m.

Ok, thanks, @runing50,!, He will also consult it with the endo, but I wanted to know if he can put himself with syringe.,
Have you ever put it that way?
It will be a bit mess to adjust units, because even if you do it with syringe of half units, half syringe unit would already be 1.5 of glargine ..
I don't know if it will be worth it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2018 1:44 p.m.

No, but in principle the only problem is knowing the exact measure, it will have to be a fairly precise syringe because a small difference can already suppose several units especially in the toujeo that has much more concentration, to see what Ruthbia tells you that is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one whoHe does it.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 1:58 p.m.

Toujeo feathers fail more than a fair shotgun, on some occasion with the pen in half I have risen with more than three hundred I have endured until the time of putting it on and with a pen change the next day without problems.Sometimes the entire box comes out, I took it to the pharmacy and gave me another without problem.By the way, can you explain that of the vials for the not very initiated?It seems to me that in the leaflet of the box if you do something with the pen little less than your fingers fall from the hands and feet ... that is, like the joke, "that you die Pepiño, that you die .."Thank you

Cristinarivera
07/02/2018 4:06 p.m.

We will have to consult it with the endo, because the pen and syringe units are not equivalent and can be very dangerous.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2018 4:46 p.m.

@"Regina" I always put it with the ball and I have not noticed problems, everything is to try and see how.Being different concentration with syringe any calculation error can be dangerous.Check with the endo to see what you recommend.I really like the bolis of Toujeo much more than those of Humalog and have never given me problems.What is important is to purge the needle well, until it comes out liquid, you have to discard units because when you are so concentrated if you do not enter everything you have to put can change the real dose that you have put yourself.Also the place where you put it on it is enough.In my case I always put it in the same zones (upper part of the buttock) that is also the place where the capillary pillo and where I have the most fat is.

And in my case the dose had to go up by changing from Lantus to Toujeo, I think about 4 units but I don't remember fixed.The endocrine tells you anyway that you adjust when you make the change.The bad thing is that you spend a few days in which you are high because it takes to notice the effect a couple of days.But well once you adjust it well it is very flat.At least in my case I am great.At rest and without eating it, it keeps my glucose totally flat, I can be in 70 and I know that I will not have hiccups unless you do sports or walk a lot.And with sport neither does it affect me much, I have gone out to be in 80 and up to 45 minute or 1 hour I have not needed to eat anything because it has remained above 70 and with a small fruit it usually comes to walk about 2 hours toGood step.But well this will also depend on each one, equal to other people affects them much more.
I only go wrong on the days of ovulation and pregnlants that when it takes to notice the climb since you make the adjustment I spend 1 or 2 days that go up between hours and I have to correct quickly.It takes a bit to catch the point of how many units you have to climb those days when you notice the effect, but once you know it as soon as you notice the first day of climbs between hours you go up the ones you already know what you need and only youYou spend a day or day and a half correcting between hours.Then to download it once those days go by, if you do not lower the day just because you spend a day that between hours tends to go down and it is necessary to eat something.In my case the descents are soft and low very slow so it does not imply a lot of problem, with eating something between the main meals it comes to me.At night because that day I go to bed a little higher and fixed.They are 2 or 3 days a month so nothing happens either.But this is how everything is to try.I of course are not happy with the Lantus I recommend change, I have been much better with Toujeo despite the limitations I tell you.It allows me much more flexibility in meals and I can skip them or change schedules without having hypos and for the sport I do not need to be eating all the time.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/02/2018 5:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.