{'en': 'Medtrum S7 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Medtrum S7 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Medtrum S7 - Everything you need to know

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo   12/19/2018 8:50 p.m.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/11/2019 12:54 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@erpla thanks for the clarification! As I have been doing controls and calibrations often, I had not fallen into what the drop indicated.;)

On the indications of the arrows, I did not trust a hair, if with the deviation of real and what it tells you, it is already complicated, for example, yesterday I had an hiccovers, it was at 56 mg/dl, and the Medtrum marked 90mg/dl ... it is worth the difference is "only" 34 mg/dl ... but for a hiccIt takes me a little crazy ...

Accustomed as I was at Dexcom, which was to see the two arrows down and run ... in this, see what you see, do not take it to the letter, first because I have the feeling that the calculation is very short -term,And second, so you show in your capture, that you see one thing in the graph and the arrow marks another.

Personally, I am satisfied that the differences between real and what marks are reduced, the app and others, surely they fix it over time and several updates.

Ah! Today I put a review in the Google Play Store in the Easysense app, I think it would be very good that you have many valuations with what happens to us, to see if the batteries are put and fix it quickly!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2019 1:15 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

A question!Have you put it on the arm or in another area?

And indeed @Fer that drop is calibration.And no ... I don't have much of the trends either but if I doubt I look at him a couple of times and ready.Have you managed to lower the difference?

@jconegar if it is not this afternoon tomorrow will be made!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
01/11/2019 2:21 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

I wear it in the lumbar area, the next I will get it more to the buttock.
It is certainly not comparable with Dexcom, only in appearance.
Wishing to see the video @"niñaburbuja" !!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/11/2019 2:34 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

For my part I can tell you only that the customer service is Diabetika.
My sensor lasted about 5 hours, including a reconnection.
The transmitter can be removed to comply, if it takes more than 10 sec, start again the 2 hours of initiation.
At 24 hours he gave a sensor failure, until that moment he only said the message "check that the sensor is in place"
I have removed it and I have seen that I had a drop of blood.
Now I don't know what to do, if another or throw everything .....

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/11/2019 7 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Oysters @merchedm that bad luck ... I carry it and what is the patch and transmitter, it is more or less like the Dexcom, I have not had any problem in this regard.

For your tranquility, I will tell you that with the Dexcom I have also had to throw a sensor, for reasons similar to those you comment, I would not be discouraged and try another, that you have had bad leg in the placement of this ...;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2019 7:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I just uploaded new video.Here you have the link: Link

NiñaBurbuja
01/11/2019 9:17 p.m.

Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Hi, thank you very much for sharing the experience.With the free did the capillary happen to you?If it happened to you, did they recover it?I join the adventure tomorrow.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
01/11/2019 9:40 p.m.

@belcp of nothing!What do you mean by the capillary to the differences or to put it "bad"?

NiñaBurbuja
01/11/2019 9:52 p.m.

That when putting it with a vein and blood.Has passed to you and have you changed it?

belcp's profile photo
belcp
01/11/2019 9:58 p.m.

Belcp said:
that when putting it with a vein and blood.With the free you have passed and have changed it?

It has happened to me, but I have not bothered to call, with the Pegas that put you for everything sure that is why they do not change it to you.

NiñaBurbuja
01/11/2019 10 p.m.

niñaburbuja said:
I just uploaded new video.

Thanks for the video.Hopefully it has only been a bad experience and not usual.
I fear that it will soon happen to me like @fer and that we will have to change the G4 for something else.And the G6 or G7 ended with any budget ....

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/11/2019 11:15 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I don't know why, but I get the impression that as he does not succeed to put the issuer with the sensor at first it will not work in conditions.In sight, it seems that the Free is easier to place on the arm than the Medtrum.By the way @"Niñaburbuja" Thanks for your videos, I'm starting to encourage you.Waiting for your next video.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
01/12/2019 1:03 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

niñaburbuja said:
I just uploaded new video.Here you have the link: Link

That hurts the second sensor, for your peaceReadings are not good, after a few days, with the Dexcom it became normalized, but still, that sensor was "condemned" to a short life.

From the support response that you still expect you to get to you, is it with those of Diabetika?Or directly with Medtrum?

I clarify that I put on the sensor between the lumbar area and the right buttock, I usually alternate right and left, and this tomorrow the measurement has been good, it marked 90 and it was actually 85, so today I start the day very well!

@"Niñaburbuja" If you keep trying with the following sensor, I hope you have more luck!You will tell us!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/12/2019 9:11 a.m.

Yes, go Odyssey ..... @"" Niñaburbuja "Thank you very much for the video.
That's why I ruled out the option to place it in arms, with a difficult hand.
Yesterday I finally listened to @Fer and placed another sensor, I put it more towards the side and well it is already 12 hours to work effectively nothing must be done to start it, it is automatic.I was also scared, because the time discount disappears as soon as the phone is blocked, but in the end without doing anything it worked.
I also put it and removed several times because I only saw 3 green lights (with dull light) and in the video they were 3 and another 6, but since I was getting nervous .... I chose to continue as if I had looked well.

I have calibrated in the morning.
Free 223 reader
FREE GLUCOMETER 198
APP Medtrum 168 (5 minutes before, it was in approximately 180, but I think the glucose curve has changed as with XDrip, although it is difficult to see the data in the app when trying to know the value at the points, it costs a lot to put on the pointof previous minutes or minutes)
Contour Next 204.
Caliber with the free to compare.

It is the second calibration, so I do it for good.
The first both the reader and the glycometer Free were paired (128 and 127 respectively)
I have protected it with Hipo Fix, I made a hole for the transmitter and placed it on the adhesive, to prevent it from taking off.
Let's see how it goes today ...

As for the app, I do not like it, it is intuitive if, but at least, it has cost me to configure the widget par that updates, and I can not get the glucose value in the notifications, so I suppose it is not possibleUnlike Xdrip, who always saw it without unlocking the mobile.(Myo Miao has broken my
The alerts ..... or you put a high sound, or do not listen to them at night, the one I carry is fine for work but not for the night, or I get used to changing the tone 2 times a day or I choose not to find outAt night until the one of 54, that it is heard, jump with the other defective sensor, but it was false)
For my part little more to comment.
Greetings

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/12/2019 9:23 a.m.

A clarification @Merchedm, the mobile you have is Android or Apple?

fer's profile photo
fer
01/12/2019 9:26 a.m.

@Fer is Android.Huawei

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/12/2019 9:30 a.m.

And you say that the alarms work?As already said, it is a scandal ... I will try again, to see if I get it works!

Thanks @Merchedm!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/12/2019 9:46 a.m.

@Merchedm How have you managed to update the widget?The value is updated every half hour or more .....
Today I have a sensor change I have put the new one in the buttock and as I have 1h of the first I will see if I can lengthen it by restarting.I'm going to start the new tonight or tomorrow how do I do with free ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/12/2019 11:09 a.m.

erpla said:
@merchem How did you get the widget update?The value is updated every half hour or more .....
Today I have a sensor change I have put the new one in the buttock and as I have 1h of the first I will see if I can lengthen it by restarting.I'm going to start the new tonight or tomorrow how do I do with free ...

SII !!Try to remove the transmitter and put it again.Let's see what happens!Because with this one that gave me I failed it and put it again and started from 14 days ... you can manage something ...

In the Huawei to me from time to time I sounded an alarm but not all.As @Fer says, it is saved in events but that's it.

The widget in iOS if it works but in Android ... the app still has a lot on Android.

@Merchedm Your conclusion of the first sensor How about?

@Fer As for the support, in Diabetika they made it clear that for now they are the ones who make "customer service".Right now Medtrum is not in Spain but will do it in a short one.They also told me that their intention is to expand and try to enter social security against Free.And from Diabetika the attention was great, but of course they will also have to wait.On Monday I will call if they have not told me anything.I will tell you.

Thank you all for your comments!And yes, I hope it has only been bad luck ...

NiñaBurbuja
01/12/2019 11:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.