Insulin resistance ??

meginer's profile photo   10/24/2021 10:58 p.m.

So I have been from the beginning of October, correcting and correcting.
It was basal, for me it is usual to reach the cold, it remained the same, I have gone from 12 to 16 and now close to hypo almost all day, but if under one unit the three -liba, it passes me correcting all day ...
I have been with disorders for 3 years .... The last 2 cycles came to me every 6 months or so so I didn't blame it because this year I was in 85 % in rank until recently.
By the way, I spent many years Tomamdo Metformina (I do not remember because the endocrine prescribed it, perhaps for some overweight), they retired it a couple of years ago and I had to upload the rapid around 25%.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
11/07/2021 9:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
I am dm 1 for 38 years.Since I use the sensors (before I was not so al.tanto), I have days when it seems that insulin does not act, I have to correct every two hours because I am high.I follow a low HC diet and I usually have a quite stable graph but suddenly and without knowing why, it happens to me, as if there was a bestial resistance to insulin and lowers very slow or not down and not correct again.Sometimes it is hormonal issue from ovulation to the rule but not always.
I don't know if I can be in premenopause although the last analytical showed hormones at normal levels.
Does anyone happen to someone?How do you solve it?

It seems that you understand the subject really well.I think it will be very useful to others too.

EurídiceJaimePagan's profile photo
EurídiceJaimePagan
11/07/2021 10:39 p.m.

pablus said:
By the way, I forgot to comment.

With due respect, metformin comment, being honest, I have enough to use insulin (40 sños) to add another medication (metformin or any other).My priority is less medication

The FDA gave notice.In 2020, metformin contained a carcinogenic product ......

Link

It refers to concrete lots of metformin and a given laboratory, we do not scare the staff

update [4/4/2020] FDA is alerting health patients and professionals about the voluntary retirement of Nostrum Laboratories of four lots of prolonged liberation metformin (ER) (two lots of500 mg tablets and two lots of 750 mg tablets).The company is removing metformin from the market because it can contain n-nitrosodiminthylamine (NDMA) above the acceptable intake limit.

The FDA publishes a retreat metformin list that includes details about metformin products removed from the market.Patients who take Metformin ER removed from the market should continue taking it until a doctor or pharmacist provides them with a different replacement or treatment option.It could be dangerous for patients with type 2 diabetes stop taking metformin without before talking to their health professional.The FDA recommends that health professionals continue to prescribe metformin when clinically appropriate;FDA tests have not shown NDMA in immediate release metformin products (IR) (the type of metformin more frequently prescribed).

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/08/2021 9:38 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Good morning Alberto

They were indeed lots.
The basis of the comment was "my priority is to take less medication"

A pharmaceutical friend of mine told me .... insulin is of the least toxic medications and that save more lives (after he told him the issue of “excess of insulin units”), but hallucino as people buy medications happily withoutKnow what they really do long -term use, in this case it referred to the paracetamol and ibuprofen

Summary, like all things in life, you have to take them to their fair measure.

I have the experience, like many others in this forum, with the beginning of the bolis, of the change of brands until it is adequate and see that over time you are using more medication and curiously, not a single endocrine, it has made me theComment to reduce the amount of insulin.As I said before, more as diabetics, my advice, before taking an "additional" medicine to insulin, think all the options very well

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
11/08/2021 10:28 a.m.

pablus said:
By the way, I forgot to comment.

With due respect, metformin comment, being honest, I have enough to use insulin (40 sños) to add another medication (metformin or any other).My priority is less medication

The FDA gave notice.In 2020, metformin contained a carcinogenic product ......

Link

It should not really be written anywhere, but less in a forum where so many people use metformin, information like that.To say that in 2020 "the FDA warned that metformin contained a carcinogenic component" seems very unfortunate and gives rise to error.
If you do not want to take it, it seems totally respectable but not afraid of those who take it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/08/2021 3:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, I read just the opposite, that metformin was a protective of cancer and many more things ... They also said it from Lantus., but they are studies that are done with many variables and are not conclusive.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2021 11:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ruthbia said:
@meginer will now give you the downturn after menstruation, watch the basal.
With the protein diet I have not noticed disorders in the cycle, every 25 days, before when I was young, every 28 nails.
The resistance and pain, because it hurts a lot, they begin to day 7, after ovular, as I said, a "good" week a month.
Lying with 80 is a matter of each.I have slept with 65 and do hyperglycemia at 3 in the morning to 220.
Yesterday I ate 100g of chard and grilled loin, 3UD when in theory I shouldn't get fast, at 7:00 p.m. I was in 156, I corrected with 3 units and I didn't get off.I put on 3 more at 9:30 p.m., I had just a lot of protein and I had a good night, 145. Today I wait a lot of resistance, I am already with flashing pains and losses (this is the other ones that do not tell you)
My thresholds are 80-125.

Hello, I have been still a lot after each meal after each meal is as if the insulin did not take effect ... I have commented to my endocrine and I do not understand the XQ has uploaded the ratios and expect such.How difficult !!!!

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
11/16/2021 4:37 p.m.

Symptoms of insulin resistance
Extreme hunger or even hunger after eating.
Hormigueo in the hands and feet.
Fatigue.
Recurrent infections.
Difficulty concentrating.
Arterial hypertension.
High cholesterol levels.
Weight gain, especially in the abdomen.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
11/17/2021 2:31 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

pink3 said:
insulin resistance symptoms
Fatigue.
Recurrent infections.
Arterial hypertension.
High cholesterol levels.

Well, I have anything like that and I know that at certain times of the cycle I have PQ increase my insulin needs exponentially, it is also demonstrated even if you are DM type 1

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/17/2021 2:45 p.m.

meginer said:
rose3 said:
insulin resistance symptoms
Fatigue.
Recurrent infections.
Arterial hypertension.
High cholesterol levels.

Well, I have anything like that and I know that at certain times of the cycle I have PQ increase my insulin needs exponentially, it is also demonstrated even if you are DM type 1

Hello, have you improved something that seems that we have resistance lately to insulin?How are you going?

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
11/17/2021 2:50 p.m.

lidiii said:
meginer said:
rose3 said:
rose3 said:
symptoms of insulin resistance
Fatigue.
Recurrent infections.
Arterial hypertension.
High cholesterol levels.

Hello, have you improved something that seems that we have resistance lately to insulin?How are you going?

At times, I am quite stable but what costs me is in the morning.I see that from 3 or 4 in the morning it starts to climb and I get up in 200, then go down and I'm fine all day but I can't find the key to be more or less stable at night and get up normal.I have climbed basal, he.Changed the basal schedule of the night at noon, I go to bed well, rather low, around 80-90 but then I do not know why, when the effect of the rapid ends, it begins to climb, more or lessAccording to the time of the month but I always dawn at least 160, and of course I have no night hypos.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/17/2021 4:37 p.m.

@meginer, is that it gives me the impression that this insulin is very sensitive, it can be a hormonal or minimal glucose variation ..
My daughter is difficult to find the balance not to climb too much after a hiccup.
The same thing happened to you with Toujeo?Are you better with threeiba?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2021 5:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@meginer, is that it gives me the impression that this insulin is very sensitive, it can be a hormonal or minimal glucose variation ..
My daughter is difficult to find the balance not to climb too much after a hiccup.
The same thing happened to you with Toujeo?Are you better with threeiba?

Well, I have not had hypos for a long time, in that sense well, I changed three precisely because of the same thing that happens to me now, with the difference that with Toujeo I came to increase up to 35 units and I continued to happen to me at dawn and theTomorrow, now I put only 12 out of three, the point is that when I started with her, I was surprised because I got up very well and I was flat all night, I even started down doses PQ I started to drink less hydrates and I saw trends downwardBetween food and food.
So I do not know, I will continue to see several possibilities, I only need to try to put it in the morning, trying to see when it has the maximum peak of action and make it coincide with the morning-tomorrow.Let's see if I find the key but it is costing me.
If what is true that it is so flat, anything makes you upload a hiccA stipulated amount of glucose and depending on how it is, calculates a pill or two so that it does not have a rebound effect.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/17/2021 5:44 p.m.

@maginet, I'm going to tell you to try the glucose pills, which will calculate better.
If you need to try to put it in the morning, proof, that that can be the key.
This is more difficult than a doctoral investigation ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2021 5:54 p.m.

regina said:
@maginet, I'm going to tell you to try the glucose pills, which it will calculate better.
If you need to try to put it in the morning, proof, that that can be the key.
This is more difficult than a doctoral investigation ..

And so much, hehehe.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/17/2021 6:20 p.m.

Good I was finally with the endocrine and asked him.

I confirm that at our ages hormonal variations are very fast and followed and that they affect glucose a lot.That I prepare for menopause.Between the sensors they measure badly and that I am always correcting for hormonal changes, he offered me a bomb that says that melts are put on them but that self-corriges the rest of the time.

I also told him that the fats are pure carbohydrate for me, and he told me that yes, that there are people who metabolize 100% of fat to a carbohydrate, others store or consume them quickly and have no effect on their glycemies or need insulin.

So nothing, to endure, yesterday I get up with 230 and today with 58 and without hypoglycemia symptoms.Today I will have dasses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2021 8:30 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
good I was finally with the endocrine and asked him.

I confirm that at our ages hormonal variations are very fast and followed and that they affect glucose a lot.That I prepare for menopause.Between the sensors they measure badly and that I am always correcting for hormonal changes, he offered me a bomb that says that melts are put on them but that self-corriges the rest of the time.

I also told him that the fats are pure carbohydrate for me, and he told me that yes, that there are people who metabolize 100% of fat to a carbohydrate, others store or consume them quickly and have no effect on their glycemies or need insulin.

So nothing, to endure, yesterday I get up with 230 and today with 58 and without hypoglycemia symptoms.Today I will have dasses day.

And are you going to put the bomb then?
There is no other solution?I want to say that with premenopause disorders it is worth but once menopause is established, the thing is stabilized or not?Because we will be without hormones until the end, hehehe

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/18/2021 10:28 a.m.

ruthbia said:
good I was finally with the endocrine and asked him.

So nothing, to endure, yesterday I get up with 230 and today with 58 and without hypoglycemia symptoms.Today I will have dasses day.

Another thing is talking about metformin as a possible help or not?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/18/2021 10:29 a.m.

Nothing at all, it offered me more solution than the bomb I rejected because I am not doing a path or similar all day.And from what I have read in other posts, you have to take the system to sleep, shower, swimming pools, etc.

Metformin I suppose it should always be taken, that it cannot be done intermittently and I have good days and then continuously bad, without a guideline, I see difficult to solve it with metformin, so I suppose that I told me about the bomb.What offers me are automatic corrections, you put your bowling.

I suppose that when menopause is established, everything will go well, relatively ..... My cousin told me that it started in August and that the mestruation came again in November.I don't know how long the alterations last and I suppose that each woman will be different.

If it is that hormones do not havoc, I see a duu or contraceptive, not hormone, end of the problem.Of course, those that can, I have it contraindicated by genetic coagulation factors.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2021 1:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I don't know what is happening to Tresiba, it is true that these days is away from home and eating more hydrates, but it is having uploading 250, between meals, and at night, laying off well.
The truth is that he is thinking of returning to Lantus who at least controlled him without surprises.
The doubt is to try toujeo or return directly to Lantus.And that at first was very happy with threeiba, but I don't know what is happening and the glycosilada is going up., Go anger.
Well, today it seems that it is going well.It will wait a bit to do the analytics and see how glyc.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/20/2021 7:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.