Insulin resistance ??

meginer's profile photo   10/24/2021 10:58 p.m.

I am DM 1 for 38 years.Since I use the sensors (before I was not so al.tanto), I have days when it seems that insulin does not act, I have to correct every two hours because I am high.I follow a low HC diet and I usually have a quite stable graph but suddenly and without knowing why, it happens to me, as if there was a bestial resistance to insulin and lowers very slow or not down and not correct again.Sometimes it is hormonal issue from ovulation to the rule but not always.
I don't know if I can be in premenopause although the last analytical showed hormones at normal levels.
Does anyone happen to someone?How do you solve it?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/24/2021 10:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, there is nothing left but to correct., My daughter has not noticed, but it does have to influence the hormonal issue
And this is already a paranoia of mine, but I don't trust the bowling ... and still put the slow syringe ...
The fast no longer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/25/2021 2:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @maginer, I do not have much evolution in this diabetes, but I have ever noticed some resistance the days before having the rule.What I have tried lately and I see that it has increased my insulin sensitivity is to exercise strength.It is not that I do a lot, but I do use some dumbbells and do some specific leg exercises.I notice it above all with the fast, which I need less at meals.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/25/2021 8:51 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
hello @maginer, I do not have much evolution in this diabetes, but I have ever noticed some resistance the days before having the rule.What I have tried lately and I see that it has increased my insulin sensitivity is to exercise strength.It is not that I do a lot, but I do use some dumbbells and do some specific leg exercises.I notice it above all with the fast, which I need less at meals.

I don't know ... it can be at any time although it is more in the morning.I can't start doing ej in the middle of work hehe.Increase the basal and the rapid but sometimes it seems that it is water.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/25/2021 11:26 a.m.

@meginer I do the force exercises when I can and the effect I have gradually notice the subsequent days, not at the time of doing them.The immediate effect works with cardio exercises (run, for example, or give me a walk) when I want to lower glucose at a specific time.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/25/2021 11:41 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Meginer I have given it impossible, quadruply insulin or leave it in 220 and step, better days will come.

Sometimes I have worked for breakfast at 11:00, from 10:00 the insulin resistance is usually quite lowered.Others have put 12 insulin units for 6 g of HC, this was last Friday;I arrived at the food in 140 and it seemed to an achievement.

I have tried exercises like @carussa but it has not worked for me, I am clear that they are the hormones of the premenopause but I did gynecological tests and it gave me that it was well hormonally.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/25/2021 12:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I used three and had several days uncontrolled increasing units, and without achieving control, until I realized that they had sent me an antibiotic of the group of celasporins for an ear infection, once the normility was ended, and then I read inInternet that could cause hyper or hypos, means that nothing affects any of us, my methodology is to investigate what has changed, that it can be anything, for example that the neighbor rehearses with the flute when you rest

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/25/2021 2:07 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:

Certainly any change can alter the arrow up, or down.
😂😂 Very good about the neighbor

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/25/2021 6:48 p.m.

I have said flute, not to say a taco
😂😂

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/25/2021 8:43 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Well, today it seems that the thing is somewhat better but not quite.I have returned to Humalog, I changed to Fiasp and I have been two months very well but it seems that lately when lasting the effect, protein issue, it did not cover it after two hours and it seems that well.
What do you do with proteins? How do you tell them for insulin? (If you tell them, of course)

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/26/2021 4:16 p.m.

@meginer in theory The rapid is not necessary for proteins, and I say in theory because we suppose we need it only for hydrates (according to some endos).
Well, I calculate it as I see, never tell rations.
I will also tell you that I rarely as a protein, and if I do it, it is perhaps in the snack (Jamon Serrano, turkey breast ....) and there nothing fast.
The maximum action peak is done by threeiba about 6pm that I usually be in 90 and that is when I take advantage and as what I told you

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/26/2021 10:57 p.m.

@meginer I have estimated that the sum of fat and protein are 2 units every 200 g of product.In the end the pure protein does not exist, it always carries some fat.(Sausages, red meats above all)
My basal absorbs about 100g of meat and about 125g of fish without fast, if I wear more, I begin to climb.With 200g I put myself in about 170-200mg/dl.

The FIASP is going well if you only eat hydrates, for fats and proteins, quick insulin is needed that lasts about 3 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/27/2021 8:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer I have estimated that the sum of fat and protein are 2 units every 200 g of product.In the end the pure protein does not exist, it always carries some fat.(Sausages, red meats above all)
My basal absorbs about 100g of meat and about 125g of fish without fast, if I wear more, I begin to climb.With 200g I put myself in about 170-200mg/dl.

The fiasp is going well if you only eat hydrates, for fats and proteins, it is necessary to last about 3 hours.

Thank you very much Ruthbia, yes, I usually do not usually take into account the proteins for the rapid PQ has never uploaded to me and I do not take a lot of fat and protein, but it was already for curling the curl to see that it happened with that resistance.I did the test to return to Humalog for a few days but from 170-180 I did not go down, so again I have returned to Fiasp ... this looks like a pitorreo.With fiasp well again always that I do not get at a protein and as I say low diet in HC with small quantity I usually do well.I am again late in order so I don't know if TB will have to see.As soon as I get a little out of the routine, it also breaks down.I will take into account the proteins and fats and the day on the end that I know that I am going to eat out things a little more out of the ordinary, I will get Humalog.Thanks again.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/27/2021 11:11 a.m.

The Tresiba is already ultrasty from the beginning. It lasts more than 30 hours, in theory, although it depends on the dose.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
10/29/2021 4:28 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Hello Meginer, I am DM1 since May 1981 .... As you have passed through the syringes and then the bolis.I will not enter the subject that with syringes you click 2 times a day and with the bolis, they sold it for greater control, 1 rapid click every time you eat (5 times a day) and that of the delay.
In May suddenly I had hyperglycemia at 3, more than 300 without explanation.In the end the solution was to go from 28 to 34 without explanation (he went to ask 2 Endocrine one of them diabetic did not mention the issue of resistance, curious. 2 weeks later the same problem, with the FIASP, 3-4 additional units.....
After the responses of the doctors,
And to analyze the evolution of insulin during the last 25 years .... there are 2 options ..... insulin resistance or modification of the concentration of the insulin units in the bowls (by the way it is very easy to do it)..... now each one who decides ...... I advise to take a global point of view (at least 25 sños) to understand the real evolution
That can be done .... diet as healthy as possible to need as much insulin as possible.There is no other

pablus75's profile photo
pablus75
10/31/2021 1:22 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon I am diabetic 38 years ago and it is true that there are days that it seems that insulin does not act and you need extra doses without a logical explanation has happened to me with pen with pump etc.days and everything returns to normal.You know that in diabetes 2+2 they are not always 4.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
10/31/2021 7:01 p.m.

pablus75 said:
Hello meginer, I am dm1 since May 1981 .... As you have passed through the syringe and then the bolis.I will not enter the subject that with syringes you click 2 times a day and with the bolis, they sold it for greater control, 1 rapid click every time you eat (5 times a day) and that of the delay.
In May suddenly I had hyperglycemia at 3, more than 300 without explanation.In the end the solution was to go from 28 to 34 without explanation (he went to ask 2 Endocrine one of them diabetic did not mention the issue of resistance, curious. 2 weeks later the same problem, with the FIASP, 3-4 additional units.....
After the responses of the doctors,
And to analyze the evolution of insulin during the last 25 years .... there are 2 options ..... insulin resistance or modification of the concentration of the insulin units in the bowls (by the way it is very easy to do it)..... now each one who decides ...... I advise to take a global point of view (at least 25 sños) to understand the real evolution
That can be done .... diet as healthy as possible to need as much insulin as possible.There is no other

What do you mean that there are two options?, What are two answers to why this happens?Concentration changes in insulin units? Do you think this can do this? Would it be to play with the health of the people, right?I don't know ... I have been in the same way, eating the same, making more or less the same, and not lower than 180-190.At first, Fiasp was doing very well, but after a while, at two hours he goes up a lot, to more than 200 and maybe I have taken a salad and a piece of grilled fish, and so I go until the time of theDinner that is going up intermittently and it seems that insulin does not take effect, I try to change the basal time, I have uploaded the basal, but it still happens to me ... Maybe there are two days that everything is great and to which it doesThree, again the roller coaster.
It happens to me all day, but more in the morning.
I put the basal at 8 in the afternoon, Ceno about 10, yesterday that today was a holiday, I went to bed late, almost at one, because at four I woke up wanting to go to the bathroom, I measure me, and 235 whenI had slept with 110. And my dinners are very light, I did not eat or not fat proteins to think about a subsequent effect of blood glucose.So I have been almost all week every week, I have climbed the slow one, I have climbed quickThe only thing that occurs to me to think, because a resistance is described, the estrogens begin to go down.And fear gives me, I get to that then if it happens to me.Anyway, patience and if it is not fixed I will have to comment with the endocrine, to see what he thinks.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/01/2021 7:14 p.m.

yaizaj said:
hello good afternoon I am diabetic 38 years ago and it is true that there are days that it seems that insulin does not act and you need extra doses without a logical explanation has happened to me with pen withPump etc. It is usually hormonal or to know but it is normal only lasts a few days and everything returns to normal.You know that in diabetes 2+2 they are not always 4.

In the previous message I have commented, I put fiasp and I am correcting every two hours because it does not take effect, I think that the basal and increase but it continues to happen, I have been all the week, not two or three days. The monthAfter the 12 d rule is delayed, this is on the same path, I think it can be premenopause but even if it is solved?Pq If there is natural resistance to insulin when we enter this stage, there will be a solution to it, right?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/01/2021 7:20 p.m.

@meginer, the same thing happens to you.
I have tried the same as you, up basal, fast, change hours, change habits, food, etc.Even changing feathers and doesn't work, it has nothing to do with the medication.

I have managed to "cushion it" to not correct it by reducing the intake of hydrates, but still, just eating protein and little amount I need the triple quickly and up between 2-4 units the slow.Now I have less "rare" days because almost as hydrates, and the increases with 260 instead of 350.

My first year of diabetes had no hormone effect because I had a lot of insulin reserve, in the second year the problem has already begun, and every year it goes more, I suppose that until I stabilize after menopause.

Have you tried any contraceptive or an estrogen IUD?I cannot because of other conditions but it would be good to know if any has tried it and see if it improves insulin resistance.

I think we need a gynecological@ specialized in diabetes to do an exhaustive study, I have only looking at the typical of any normal review.And the endocrine only looks at the TSH and little else.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/02/2021 10:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer, the same thing happens to me.
I have tried the same as you, up basal, fast, change hours, change habits, food, etc.Even changing feathers and doesn't work, it has nothing to do with the medication.

I have managed to "cushion it" to not correct it by reducing the intake of hydrates, but still, just eating protein and little amount I need the triple quickly and up between 2-4 units the slow.Now I have less "rare" days because almost as hydrates, and the increases with 260 instead of 350.

My first year of diabetes had no hormone effect because I had a lot of insulin reserve, in the second year the problem has already begun, and every year it goes more, I suppose that until I stabilize after menopause.

Have you tried any contraceptive or an estrogen IUD?I cannot because of other conditions but it would be good to know if any has tried it and see if it improves insulin resistance.

I think we need a gynecological@ specialized in diabetes to do an exhaustive study, I have only looking at the typical of any normal review.And the endocrine only looks at the TSH and little else.

Yes, a gynecologist or an endocrine who knows of this, regardless of gynecologic tto, I imagine that something can be done from the endocrinological point of view.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/02/2021 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.