Insulin resistance ??

meginer's profile photo   10/24/2021 10:58 p.m.

regina said:
because my daughter does not know what is happening with the threeiba, it is true that these days is away from home and eating more hydrates, but it is having uploads of 250, between meals, and at night, sleeping well.
The truth is that he is thinking of returning to Lantus who at least controlled him without surprises.
The doubt is to try toujeo or return directly to Lantus.And that at first was very happy with threeiba, but I don't know what is happening and the glycosilada is going up., Go anger.
Well, today it seems that it is going well.Will wait a bit to do the analytics and see how glyc

Esk costs sometimes to find the key and we with the theme of hormones complicates everything.How do you carry it?Much encouragement

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
11/21/2021 9:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@after the theme hormones did not notice with Lantus, it is also true that with that insulin he tended to have hypoglycemia, but he crossed and solved it.
Now, with Tresiba, note that everything influences more.
Today for example I was 90 hours after eating and an hour later at 220, without taking anything.And food without any excess.
Those increases without apparent explanation, which is having with this insulin is what does not carry well, because glyc always had it below 6.5.And now it will go up
Much encourage you too.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2021 9:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@hormones did not notice with lantus, it is also true that with that insulin tended to have hypoglycemia, but I snack and solved it.
Now, with Tresiba, note that everything influences more.
Today for example I was 90 hours after eating and an hour later at 220, without taking anything.And food without any excess.
Those increases without apparent explanation, which is having with this insulin is what does not carry well, because glyc always had it below 6.5.And now it will go up
Much encourage you too.

Those 90 after the food is the effect of the rapid.
Tell him that he goes down a bit fast depending on hydrates, and that he rises 1 Unid Tresiba to test.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
11/21/2021 9:56 p.m.

@Vanessa is that it does go up more three, go down a lot at night...., you can download more than 80 units at night .., is that you have not just dominated this insulin., with Lantus I had it more predictable., Let's see ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2021 10:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina, I explain my case in case you can help.
I get threeiba at 9.30 am in the morning, and it makes me peak maximum about 6pm I put in 90.
And if the time of clicking it so that it does not get off at night?

vanessa30
11/21/2021 10:08 p.m.

Well, at that time she puts her ..., I believe that these days that she is eating more hydrates than at home, they continue to climb when the fast food ends., Let's see if returning to homemade food is fixed.
Thanks, Vanessa!
Have you tried the toujeo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2021 11:30 p.m.

@

vanessa30
11/21/2021 11:34 p.m.

@Regina I have not tried it but it seems to be a twin of Lantus with the difference that it covers 24h.
In this visit, the endocrine has added me to the FIASP recipe, he wants it to try it because he told me that it was starting to act before and duration 2h instead of 3h that the rapid that I use now.
I am going well with Humalog and I feel quite sure, but I do not rule out trying it and seeing how

vanessa30
11/21/2021 11:47 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
@

@Regina, there is no
I hope you find a way to compensate what happens to you with threeiba

vanessa30
11/21/2021 11:50 p.m.

Let's see if we find the key, Vanessa., but it is having more climbs than ever, and if it goes more slowly, that is already going for 16, it goes down at night.
And they are abrupt climbs four hours after eating ..,
And the first month was phenomenal with Tresiba, almost flat nights., that's why this is rare

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2021 3:11 a.m.

@Eregina then if at 4h it makes abrupt climbs, and lowering quickly to climb the basal is not feasible, that try to talk to the endo and that it prescribes the toujeo test to see if it succeeds.

vanessa30
11/22/2021 6:45 a.m.

@Regina, these climbs paint that they are for the fats/proteins of the food.Tell the girl to reduce the fats, to see how.In just one day you will see if it is for this.And watch that does not match the hormonal cycle.There are a thousand parameters that alter us.

I have not used threeiba;From Lantus and Levemir I went directly to Toujeo and I do well.It cost me a month regularly, but I've been about 3 years old and well.With Lantus or Levemir, being in two doses, I had the advantage of expanding units as the day was going, now it is a single dose and costs a little more .... The solution is to correct quickly more times.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2021 9:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ Yeah.Ruthbia, to see if making lighter meals at home better.Thank you!
If not, you can always return to Lantus or try the toujeo
With Tresiba he has hardly any hypos and was happy, but if he has more hyper and the glyche goes up,., Let's see ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2021 10 a.m.

regina said:
@ yes.Ruthbia, to see if making lighter meals at home better.Thank you!
If not, you can always return to Lantus or try the toujeo
With Tresiba he has hardly any hypos and was happy, but if he has more hyper and the glyche goes up,., Let's see ..

If the meals are lighter, the fast one has to lower it, since 90 as you commented is very fair for us that we have been so many years

vanessa30
11/22/2021 5:23 p.m.

@Vanessa30, yes, these days I was eating away from home with more hydrates, but it seems that everything is already being normalized today.
This insulin is very sensitive to any change, .., although it has the advantage of stability, if the routine is followed in the meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2021 5:59 p.m.

In my case, bedtime with 80 O90 is not fair, precisely for taking so many years, you have to be stricter to avoid complications.It has been seen that above 140 there are already, counting after eating even.In my experience with the slow ones, I think I have tried all those who are and I do not find the key.I don't go crazy to Lantus, before the sensors I used it and MR gave unnoticed nocturnal hypos of 20 and with do 061 at home.After the sensors nothing to see because it goes down from 60 whip and that's it but both me and the endocrine took fear and changed.The point is that I had spent more than 10 years with her and without problem and suddenly began to pass.After Lantus it was Toujeo and after a year trying to find the dose, I was going for 35 and nothing (starting from 13), what was now with threeiba but more beasts the night climbs raising me at 300. I probate change the administration time and equal.We changed to Tresiba and I was super happy Pa I did not believe it, just like I got used to me, super flat.Exaggerated the increase in blood glucose, but I go to bed, the effect of the rapid passes and starts up and lifts myself up.I have tried to change the time of the night at noon and at noon even in the morning and the results are not satisfactory at all, I do not see too many differences although it depends on the day.This last night I went to bed 75 and I got up at 220, my dinner was a scramble of mushrooms with eggs and a little Greek yogurt, it ended, practically without hydrates.No hypos at night, ends the effect of the fast and begins to rise.So I have no more insulins than to try.The point is that during the day I am quite stable but I don't know why this night happens.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/22/2021 6:02 p.m.

@maginer, it seems that it does not cover you 24 hours .., do you put it in the morning, right?
I don't know if I would fix something to put a slow unit when bedtime ... to stop that climb ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2021 6:10 p.m.

@meginer I think you don't care the basal you use;It must be something hormonal that passes at night in your body and releases glucose or the transforms of the fat reserves we have.

Have you tried nothing to dinner?Snack at 18:00 and look to see what happens.I have been without dinner or snack for two days and Toujeo leaves me flat at all.I went to bed with 84 and I got up with 79.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2021 6:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia but do not dinner?Be careful no night, you go to the limit

vanessa30
11/22/2021 7:31 p.m.

I don't like going so fair, if I go to 80 I make hiccups at 3 am
For me to have 6.6 gyriades as the latter is not ideal (I usually be 6.1), but after so many years I do not risk hypos.
I don't know what to tell you because I have total stability with threeiba.
It only goes down to 80 or 90 around 6pm and compensates with a little ham and I got well to dinner

vanessa30
11/22/2021 7:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.