{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

You are right at night.Today, for example, we start from 47 to 00:00.We will have to control at 3 am.At the moment I juice and watch.
According to my endo, he would never give him night supplement if he reaches 00 with more than 100. I have proven that even with 150 I give him a toast soaked in milk (Maria eats asleep) and wakes up at 08 with 60.
Each child is different, there is no pattern that can be followed with peace of mind.
After a coma that gave him sleeping, I had 57 of Glu, I was no longer at all.For 3 months, the average every day at 3 and 5 am.
Today after a year of this I only see it at 3 if there is any rare problem at 00, for example today.Namely why so much.
I do not know but I control it 6 times a day, in normal health conditions, but to know.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2008 7:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The message has been erased, fuck ....... I no longer roll up.
Marcita, I'm here, scheme the Peke does not leave me with so much tantrum.You do well with the endo.I did not start to see results until I did not put hand.That they solve you already of the hemo and to see what they tell you of the weight.Nyah has made fuck alone !!!!!
Mari.gar.Do not worry that we will already ride a mininedada.How did it go?
Are the juice 100ml ?????And I giving him 50, well, if he doesn't raise it much.By the way Nyah measures 98 and weighs 17,150 and on day 2 they already put the continuous meter that I am fearing I do not start it for rennet.
Peace, patience with hormones
Velia, how about allergies?
Jose, I also measure at that time, although not always.
Kisses for all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/20/2008 8:48 p.m.

Good morning!!!
Jolín, yesterday I couldn't even enter and today was on the same path.I want to finish soon, I have left home and go with my sister to the Franco Mercao, to buy fabrics that my maid has given me a sewing machine ... well !!!!And I have to release it ...
The nights .... uffff .... I always measure it at least at 2 or 3, because the experience tells me that although every day for a while it is stable, always, there is always a day that the thing changes, as far as it is, and of course after 2 serious hypos that we have passed I do not feel calm if I do not get up ... controls, tropecos ... in normal conditions 7 or 8, but as always there is something ....
Tomorrow we have to end ... I will tell you.
According to my 100cc orange juice portion table, they are 1 ration ... It should be avoided because glycemia makes it up abruptly, and if it takes better with pulp ... do you know that lemon juice is free ???
Becky, from the better allergy, continues with the inhaler and the anihistamine and for the moment the theme is controlled.better glucémico with the increase of units.
You asked me if it was possible for glycemia and so quickly ....It is left without insulin, hence the ´Mayor number of capillary controls and have certain precautions in case something fails..... To correction of him, in that case I injected quickly insulin with boli, 4 units, I changed the catheter and put a supplement with this of 2 more units and increased the basal for 2 hours .... the ketone bodies tendTo appear more easily with a bomb than with multiple injections, but TB disappear quickly, as soon as the sugar begins ... when there is acetone, you must first try to lower the blood glucose to a value less than 250, then give to teaspoonsCocacola with sugar or juice, injecting insulin to combat the climb, administer some slow HC, and avoid above all the consumption of fats ....
I think Paz went to the dentist, I hope you are already well.
Kisses to all, that things are forgotten and see if these little ones are sung
Becky, you're already in doors ... You'll see how good !!!The meter is somewhat spectacular, but they usually carry it well.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/21/2008 6 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello girls, I wanted to ask you a question, especially to the mamis with a small 3 year old, like noe, how many rations of hydrates are you up to date and how many at each meal?I am giving my mind around with the weight of the little one and maybe I do not give it enough, like our stup-end does not want to know anything about the subject of rations ...
Velia, thanks for the juice, another thing to aim on the list of "successes" of the nurse, in short, what things.
Kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
05/21/2008 3:51 p.m.

: Arrow: Hi Marcita.
Maria who debuted with 4 years is given a diet of 1600 calories.The same that when I debut and consists of:
HC rations at breakfast 3, mid -morning 2, food 6.5, afternoon 2, dinner 6.5 and midnight 1.
To this diet adds the 3.5 rations of protein and the 3 of fats that do not provide HC.
If it serves you something, I give you the exact breakfast, food and dinner, the mid -morning, snack and midnight, it depends like this.
Maria is also with Levemir, Novo Rapid and Novo Mix30.

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 3:57 a.m.

Good morning.

Here we continue ... it seems that a little better ... Thank you very much.
Marcita I think you have to stay calm, I was always worried that I did not eat enough and thought like you who was small but the pediatrician told me that she was a child to eat little and the weight and sheight was in the average ... noIt was big but it was fine ... there are times in which children eat a little less than others but you will see how it is perfectly.

Velia What are you going to make?You will tell us how Endo. Patience with the allergy that is left less, a few more days of heat and ended.

Beky I hope your baby is better today and I wouldn't give you another night.

Angel for fine today has risen with 97: D and at dawn 120. Yesterday that they did not instit when he got up he told me that he had already put the lantus and that 1 unit had risen, it seems very soon for me for this resultIn addition to very little because from almost 300 in the morning to 97: shock: it is a pass, but well ... we will see how in the insti with the peak of the Lantus ....

I'm going to give myself a shower to clear myself and I set a little shopping for a little while.

Peace

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 4:26 a.m.

Marcita I give 3.5 breakfast, 1 lunch, 4 food, 1.5 snack, 4 dinner and resopon depends as it is.Lunch and snack seems little but I can't climb it anymore because it shoots me and the endocrine does not give me a solution, well yes, I click it: ((Anyway Nayah has always eaten very well but not exaggerated amounts,I have never forced her to eat but the "great" told me that he ate very little and that he climbed rations because he was fine, but not "explicit" so now I see them and I want them to reach those HC especially when he isbad.
Velia to see what you tell us about endo.We have anything left for the meter, what I don't know is how long the pump will take.By the way, Angela carries the Medtronic bomb?And the meter?I know you've told it but I don't remember it.
Then I pass these are not my hours.Kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/22/2008 5:21 a.m.

Hi Momis and Papis !!

Velia I hope that the visit to the endo has done well and you have good news to tell us.

Beky how weird see you so early for the forum !!!Have if we talk.

Marcita do not overwhelm much about the weight and the meals, your girl is very well in weight and size, this is going for seasons, I say it from experience, Ainhoa ​​there are seasons that eat a lot and others that do not have so much appetite,The important thing is that they are healthy.I give 3 portions of hydrates at breakfast, 1.5 in mid -morning, 3.5 at food and dinner, 2.5 in the snack and 1 or 1.5 in the reopt (if it is to +250 I do not give itresopon).

On the controls, I usually do 6, 7 If I get up at 3 in the morning.I usually lift at dawn only when the insulin is low or if we have varied.

Paz, I'm glad you are better and that Angel, finally !!It has risen with such good levels, you will tell us how it follows.Have if now after a bad streak you enter a good one: d.

Many kisses to everyone.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
05/22/2008 10:30 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone, it is more or less what I give Noe, 3'5 at breakfast, 1'5 lunch, 5'5 food, 1 snack and 4 at dinner, but to my free shelter, the great does notHe said any of this.Today I have been with the pediatrician and says that it is fine, that at the end of June we take it and we do not worry again.

Jose, what is Novo Mix 30?and forgive for ignorance.

Well, then another ratillo passed.Kisses and rest in the nap.

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 11 a.m.

Good afternoon, I have already put it in another 7.1 thread, hehehe, how happy because he had nothing with me ...
The endo was happy with the control and has lowered the dose of the inhaler ....
You already know that here they quote the children always for the control of the hemo .... they do so to relate and see that they are not the only ones that make hair controls, or have to put insulin, or eat at ease.... It seems like a good method ... Angela always goes with Lara, Carla and Fatima .... They are of the same age more or less ... Lara and Fatima are from villages in the province.Today they have been eating here at home, with mother included.There was also Rebeca, who could not miss the party.They have had a great time and now they are making plans for the camp .... Let's see how the time comes ...
And now comes the good, seeing the mothers so tired and others, I have occurred to me an idea that can be crazy, although all, including educators they have welcomed it with enough enthusiasm.A few days in a cirduito spa, what do you think ????Someone who takes care of the children and we relax that we deserve it well ... if we go well for parents .... come, tell me what you think about the idea.Although I already imagine that you will think that I am going to the clamp ... hahahaha.
Paz, I'm glad Angel is better.Let's see if it continues.
Marcita, that you have better beautiful.This is how Dana recently took dogmatil and was dizzy .... take care of yourself.
Becky, does carry the Medtronic bomb.Today they have already given the new one, the one that can be incorporated by the meter ... The meter is missing, which I suppose that they will soon provide it, to see how ... I will tell you.I suppose that Nyah will put a guardian 3 or a minimed for 3 days, to adjust the bombs of the pump ... Do not worry that here we are quite a few bomberies and you will be well protected ...
Mari.gar, Jose and everyone, a kiss and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/22/2008 1:23 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Mari, today I have taken the Saturday day, heh.That said, to see if we crowded for a while.
Velia, congratulations !!!!!!What I always say, you will be swollen, swollen like a turkey.The spa, joooooo I want.I was going to self -register one for my birthday but I have proven that I can't leave them for an hour with his father, I'm up to my noses.To quote several girls for the analysis, it seems great to me too, the truth is that they are also worried about the psychological aspect of the boys.The other day and Nyah hallucinated with the punctures and the bomb.Nyah now seems to be responsible and asks me whenever I have done control.
Marcita, I hope you are better of the dizziness, what we lacked with this having our heads badly than we have more saturated.
Paz, I'm glad you are already caught Angel.
Mani, less bad that I did not corrected he got up with 123.
José......
Kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/22/2008 2:35 p.m.

Velia, congratulations on that hemo, you are "male."I also think that it is a good idea to gather little in the same situation and the spa how good I would do to me now, on top of my doctor wants to do some analysis, go cloth.

Beki, hopefully everything goes well with the bomb, I'm going to see if I change the endo and propose it, although Noe says that she does not hurt the "bolis" and so it's fine, what a bug!

Well, I leave you until tomorrow, that I have to make the declaration of my sister's rent and two brothers -in -law ...

Kisses for all.

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 4:19 p.m.

Hi Marcita:
Novomix 30 is the same laboratory as Levemir or Novorapid but carries a mixture of fast and slow in relation to 30/70%.
It begins to act at 10-20 minutes, the aciion peak is between 1-3 hours and its 24-hour duration.
Maria is doing pretty good, but you see that he uses 3 different guys throughout the day.
Anyway, so I have been watching every child (or every endo) is a different story.: Twisted :: Twisted:
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 7:34 p.m.

Good, fresh and rainy days to all !!!!!!!!I hope you had a good night, I still have no eye.

Thank you Jose for the clarification, the truth is that although we have been in 15 months of diabetics, we are very "green" what we know is because we have read or asked parents as you, with more experience.I believe that my little one is going well, using it Altita spends the night well and gets up with more or less, good, today 82, and then during the day, luxury.

Well, that I roll up to be so early.Kisses to all daddies and for the kids.:))

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 4:02 a.m.

Good morning !!!! .... I leave this link that came to the mail of another diabetes page that I visit .... I have been "dead" ...

I have erased the PQ link does not work .... I copy and hit the news .... I'm knocked out ...

ARCHENA."They left my daughter alone after suffering a diabetic crisis in the classroom"
05/23/2008

(The little girl's mother, in Edu Botella's photo)
VMPress
"I'm a diabetic, help me."Thus he begged a five -year -old girl to the pedestrians, after suffering a sugar downturn at school.It happened in Archena now a year ago.Paloma Albaladejo, mother of the little girl, reports that her daughter, diabetics since sheHouse, "instead of giving it a juice or a cookie, which would have solved the problem," says Eduardo Casado in the free newspaper 20 minutes.

The little girl left the classroom and saw the door of the open school, so she went out on her own foot to look for her mother.After wandering around the area, her mother found her at the door of the school, sitting on the ground and attended by another mother.

After wandering around the area, her mother found her at the door of the school sitting on the ground."I denounced the case in the Ministry of Education and in the Civil Guard, but they have not paid me," explains Paloma.This woman had to leave her job to be aware of her daughter, who suffered an episode of rejection of her illness and even changed residence.Now he lives in Tocinos Puente.The girl goes to a new school and everything is better there: "I am very happy. Even her lady is also diabetic."

11% of the population of the region is diabetic, that is, about 154,000 Murcia.Of these, 10% are children, according to the Murcia Association for Diabetes Care.This entity demands a nurse in each school.Education says that it must be the health authorities who propose it.

The current action protocol for a teacher in case of diabetic crises is limited to calling 112. Yesterday the I Diabetes Forum ended in Murcia, where it was shown how the daily life of the diabetics is.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2008 4:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What news, Velia, what was missing to finish panic to not begin this year to school .....: ?:

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 4:42 a.m.

Marcita, fortunately is not normal ... When Angela debuted I took the book of diabetes to school so that the teacher had.I made a scheme about hypos and hyper and acting in each case (urgent measures).I also signed an authorization to act with the glucagon, exempting them from any responsibility derived from it .... The teacher has always called me to any setback.It is true that their obligation is to attend to our diabetic children, because they are educators and not nurses and have many children under their responsibility, but in most cases, they do usually get involved to the extent that it is possible... Let's see if you're lucky ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2008 4:57 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

These kinds of things take me out of what.

Anyway, we live in a dehumanized society, and I would like to know how many of us, if we see a young man lying on the street, we would not think that it would be a drug addict or a drunk and we would pass by.And so the son of a well -known transition policy died, lying in the subway because he suffered a hypoglycemia and nobody helped him.

In the case of that girl, he sends noses, there is no place for confusion, but, unfortunately, there are too much insensitive people.I do not understand.

The judicial issue, I am not a lawyer, but I believe that there would be an appeal, due to denial of help and for the absence of functions by allowing a 5 -year creature to go alone.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 7:14 a.m.

Our experience in school from debuted until now has not been bad.
I had started 5th when in October he debuted and before Angel resumed the classes I met with his tutor and a couple of teachers who were also going to teach classes that year.
(I mean he had in our favor that the director of the school was the neighbor of the villa next door and before me he had already come home to ask for Angel).The tutor implied a lot he had never had any diabetic student and was pointing out what was hip and hyper and how to act ... that he had to eat at hours in which he had not recreated ... and the truth is that it wasVery attentive with Angel.He also had him in 6º and without any problem.
When he went to the institute in general too well .... But ... last year a physical education teacher who is milk, not to say a word, forced him in bad ways after a hiccup continue to run ...It is more to run the laps that he had not been able to run for the sugar: X Angel who was already artito of him told him that he was not going to continue and abandon the class from that moment Angel suspense the entire course.I believe that thank God as this energetic there are not many ... it is denounced for quite serious reasons, even the criminal ... and continues to impart
Classes ... His wife is a zone inspector and there is no one who puts a hand ... I hope he does not touch us again because if not I am ... we are going to the amount ....

Marcita don't worry but do take care and you will see how everything goes well.

Peace

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 8:24 a.m.

Hello family!Just wishing you good weekend, although it is expected to water, we are going to give a escape, for changing a little air.
This noe Noe had 37 and tonight uploaded: Evil :, It will be the happy rebound.
Well, what was said, good weekend to all and see you on Monday.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 4:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.