{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Jolín Mani, what a job !!!! ... well, surely you will be great in the photo ... you will tell us what supplement comes out ...
I hope that the other Papres and children are well .... Jose, Becky, Mamidejuan, ... to see if you get a ratin and tell us how everything goes.
Angela is quite decent .... I have to adjust the basal and modify the type of bolus ... we usually use duals in food and dinner and I have to increase the normal and reduce the square, because it is uploading up to 200 one hour after startingThe food and then goes down too quickly .... I don't know if it will happen to you so frequently, but I spoil the profiles quite amazed ...
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/05/2009 6:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone:
I know that I have been writing for a long time: Oops :, but if I tell you the truth every day I get less time and when I stop I do not want anything.
Mani, I have sometimes thought about this issue of the diffusion of our problematic and when you comment with someone what is your day by day, people are very difficult to understand and put on your situation.
I believe that the only way that someone really knows how hard it is to be 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at the guard, it would be inviting him to spend a weekend at home and to live with the problem really.Then if it would be able to transmit it to public opinion, what is called field journalism.
Anyway, I will tell you that I already avoid talking to the known people of this issue, it gives me the impression that they think we want to be sorry and after all it is our problem.
Santesteban, I take this opportunity to greet you and tell you that your situation reminds me when Maria debuted with 4 years.We have spent many hours sitting in front of the food plate, the hours of the food were gathered with the snack and with dinner.It was something distressing, a constant fight against clock.Thinking that insulin was going to act before food.
Today, all those hours are given by well employees, Maria is fully aware of how very important that food is for your well -being, eats everything, does not consider skipping any food under any concept.Even when it's bad in the belly, try to eat.Don't let the game win.It is for its good and yours.
Well, he is well beating, greeting for everyone, Marcita, Velia, etc.
I will take a desire to enter more often and not get bored at once.:)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/05/2009 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone, here I am again, the bad seems that it never ends, when it seemed that everything was better with the change of treatment, now it goes and give him febrile seizures that had already given him once before but again to enter it.I am exhausted with so many problems, now you must have a cold and it is hard for you to eat, also I think it has tired of so many doctors and it does not let me put the insulin I have to do it by force.They made an encephalogram because of the seizures that at least out of normal but Hugo tired of so many tests, well, he does not let the diaper quietly change thinking that I am going to do something.Also sleeping is complicated, it has continuous spasms while sleeping that I don't know if they will be nightmares of so much stress but well something else to overcome.I hope you are all well within what fits.kisses .

shandra's profile photo
shandra
03/06/2009 5:39 a.m.

Many Shandra moods.It is true that sometimes so many bad things come together that life seems a resistance test.Thank God we get strength from where there does not seem that there are.
I am now realizing that it is almost better not to tell how hard life with a diabetic child, because it seems that you really want to be sorry and for nothing.In addition, Jose said, no matter how much you tell, only the one who spends a couple of days with you spends.
Velia, I think I will dare to give him things with sugar when I have a meter or let me try one and see how every meal acts in his glycemia, we are going to do.I also don't understand bowling types.The square I imagine that it serves long foods.But the dual?
David is still shooting and as I had suddenly believed that it was because I was sick.But we have occurred to us today to raise the basal on our own since we do not have endo until next week and was with 400s.It has been much better I think it has increased its sudden insulin needs.
Well, I leave the encyclical that lengthened,
Anyway, I will use your suggestion that you have given man since they are considering lengthening the economic help for leave over a year (there are 400 euros month until your child is one year old) and on Tuesday I have a meeting with social welfare with welfare

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
03/06/2009 12:42 p.m.

Many Shandra moods.It is true that sometimes so many bad things come together that life seems a resistance test.Thank God we get strength from where there does not seem that there are.
I am now realizing that it is almost better not to tell how hard life with a diabetic child, because it seems that you really want to be sorry and for nothing.In addition, Jose said, no matter how much you tell, only the one who spends a couple of days with you spends.
Velia, I think I will dare to give him things with sugar when I have a meter or let me try one and see how every meal acts in his glycemia, we are going to do.I also don't understand bowling types.The square I imagine that it serves long foods.But the dual?
David is still shooting and as I had suddenly believed that it was because I was sick.But we have occurred to us today to raise the basal on our own since we do not have endo until next week and was with 400s.It has been much better I think it has increased its sudden insulin needs.
Well, I leave the encyclical that lengthened,
Anyway, I will use your suggestion that you have given man since they are considering lengthening the economic help for leave over a year (there are 400 euros month until your child is one year old) and on Tuesday I have a meeting with social welfare with welfare

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
03/06/2009 12:42 p.m.

Jolín, I had written a very long message and I have lost it, snif.
Sandra, a lot of encouragement.There are times that everything joins and it is desperate, it does not surprise me that the littleIf I think about how all this lived 5 years ago (apart from the bomb and experience), it has nothing to do.Angela is much more autonomous and knows her illness well and that downloads us from a lot of responsibilities .... courage.
To tell ... hahaha, I always say "oh, great, and also today there are already so many things" we don't give rise to more conversation.
Santesteban, the dual Bolus consists of a normal bolus + one square.Angela uses it in food, snack and dinner, since breakfast usually uploads a lot and I don't like that in school with exercise and others have insulin active a lot of time.In food, for example, 5.5 units are placed, but depending on the exercise you have done and the type of HC, s take 2.5 or 3.5 units.in normal Bolus (all once) and the rest in a square bolus for 2 hours.The normal Bolus will cover the rise produced by the HC, S Fast and the Fats, Proteins and HC, Sentas will be fought with the square that is supplied in the 2 hours.Thus, post intake lows are avoided and if so it could be canceled the supply of it until overcoming (it would always be much more subtle than if all insulin enters at once) ... This weekend we were in Madrid, and of course forcedVisit to the Vips (Angela and Nati are hooked, hahaha), first we were in Santa Barbara taking the snack, Angela was over 70 and took a dish of fried potatoes, in the VIPs asked for croquettes (4 units) and chicken breast booked withcornflakes and fried potatoes, and of frozen dessert: oops :: oops :: oops: (did not enter the pancakes that would have been usual), I put 5 units in a normal bolus and 6 units in 4 hours, as we had a meter we couldCheck that his blood glucose during the following 6 hours ranged between 80 and 100. I know that we adjust more by the meter, although before we also did it perhaps maintaining his glycemia somewhat higher, but that without the pump would have been impossible ....
Jose, do not bore us, that it is great to read you .... Let's see if you rest a little.Kisses to Mary.
Mani, today interview day, what do you want to read it, you'll tell us ... luck
Come, everyone a kiss and a good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2009 6:46 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello family.
The other day I wrote a message and believed that I had sent it !!!I'm very bad in my head :?
Forgive that I do not write is that I am very, very, Vaaaaga .... an era of those fools.
Sandra, a lot of encouragement, I imagine how you will be but even if you look lies what Velia says is true, with the passage of time you will breathe calmer, although it is clear that the bad times do not take away from you anyone now, They are so small.It was that IBy the way, I sent you a private message because they are going to take a course in Logroño, the link passes you.Much encouragement.

Mani, to see if the interview tells us soon;)
Velia, how are you?And your little woman?The square and dual bolus I have not used yet, I still put the insu after eating because lately it has no appetite even if I correct if it is high, to see if I am already taking custom.
Jose, have you said it .... how did Maria?
Marcita, how isn't Noe?I am afraid to ask :?, I hope that the good weather is giving you some truce because there is a lot of sun here but a cold that pela.
Santesteban, I'm glad for you, being able to spend more time with nines for us is very important.
Peace, how are you?And angel?
Kisses for all, especially the missing.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
03/09/2009 7:59 p.m.

Thanks Becky for the information I had already learned of the association and I am already pointed out.I will tell you how.A kiss to all.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
03/10/2009 4:24 a.m.

Hello good.Becky, I TB.It took a while to use the squares and duals, they gave me as respect, respect for the unknown, but once you use them and get the quiet, you will see how good they work.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/10/2009 4:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, I'm here to tell you how it was.

They were at home about 2 hours, speaking without stopping and making lots of photos but I give me the impression that stayed with things caught with pins and that we did not want to "deepen."We explain from the types of insulin (slow/fast) to how glucose controls and catheter change were done.We insist on the problems that we encounter in the schools for the controls and problems of the dining room and excursions.Also how it affects the work of the parents and in the family life and the child's environment.I don't know, the talk was fine but I expected something else, a little more I don't know how to say "prepared" and not speaking to Mata Salto, without questionnaire or anything.So I don't know if we have clarified something or we have brought them a little more.I will warn you when and where they leave as soon as they tell me.

And otherwise little to tell you, that Nicolás has been a very rare season, it happens as to David de Santesteban, suddenly he is needing a lot more insulin, at first we thought something was around but time has passed and no, so going upThe basal a lot and we have not taken the point yet.What rage after so much effort see bad values, and in 15 days hemo, it will be very high, in short.

A lot of Shandra, I agree with the others that is very bad when they are as small, but you will see how little by little it stabilizes a little or at least you will see it differently.The rebellion of Nico also spent a season, especially those of the culete, we were tryingI hope it is a streak.

To all others many kisses and thanks for your suggestions and interest.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
03/11/2009 6:51 p.m.

Hello good...
Mania, will they give you before?

Kisses to all, and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/12/2009 5:25 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello family,
Here I am on duty because Nyah in the end has fallen, around he did not get bad and I am tired of getting up every two hours because it is as if they kicked me throughout the head, so here we are, passing the time.
Velia, how are you?I hope you don't get pachucha too.Ah, the Bolus does not quite convince me now that Nayah eats worse.What do you use you do you use it?I don't see it very practical for kids who are so unpredictable.
Manic, how did it?Have you had to climb the basal?Let's see if you catch the guideline soon, at least it has not become bad.
Marcita, a lot of patience and that does not get good, poor.You have always had very good we have is normal with so much cold, the following sure is equally good.And above that mood !!!
Sandra, you will tell how the course.I stay with the desire again, it looks very interesting.How is your little one follow?I hope you are a little better.
Jose, how was Maria?Are you doing good?
Alea, about the crisis ..... We Spaniards love resignation ???:?
Paz, that rich torrijas ....... Let's see if you can solve the Angel without problems.
Mommy !!!Where do you get ???
Kisses for all and that glycemia accompany us.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
03/12/2009 10:27 p.m.

Hello everyone ... Becky of the Dual Bolus is a matter of trying, I understand that it costs a lot to change if the guidelines and forms of administration are working moderately well, it is like when you learn to handle a computer program, which is lazy to changeof version, but when you do and learn, you see the advantages that it brings, or not, in front of the old ... in our case we start using it because Angela did many hypoglycemia in the post, and with many hyper in the intermediates if we came downBolusBut the higher the number of units more abrupt the descent, and we start from split and with the minilink we are checking that we were not wrong, that blood glucose can be maintained in very good values ​​with this method ... in any case it is logical, the metabolization process of everything that is ingested is not done in an hour or an hour and a half that is the maximum effect time of rapid insulin, but that fats, proteins and HC, most slow absorption s can makeThat this is extended several hours that will have to be covered in some way (another way is to increase the basal, but there you are sentenced to a fixed pattern) .... uffff, that enrols: oops :: oops :: oops: oops:

If you say that Nayah does not eat well, it is also good that you put it in a game, because if the bolus supplies him in 1 or 2 hours you always have the option to cancel it and rectify if he has not eaten at all, or if he has vomited ...But well, as I say, it would take time to use them ...

The Wizard Bolus is another story, we are using it but only to record the data (rations, blood glucose and insulin) to get the graphs, but the truth is that I almost never put the insulin that tells us.I suppose that in adults, it will be much more effective, but as you say in children I do not see it completely useful because their variability makes it very difficult to program it.

I hope Nayah will recover soon and see if somewhere you can rest a little.

A kiss to daddies to moms and our kids.Good day.

My mother, what a testament .... i´m sorry:-/

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/13/2009 5:10 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good.

I am happy.Today it has touched an eye and everything perfect.
Celia yesterday was also bad, with a cold and that.Today Oculista and Monday touches Oviedo.He is losing many classes and in the institute does not seem that they have just realized that it is not lacking for pleasure: X
I will have to start piercing.And look that I don't feel like it, but in the end I will have to go to place some points on some ís.
Beky, who improves Nyah, girl, that this laughter, you know, goes for neighborhoods.
And the squares and duals have barely started using them.First we have to finish adjusting everything.

Health

DiabetesForo
03/13/2009 6:53 a.m.

Hello everyone:
Saturday 07 was a great day for Maria.It was his first official Squash championship.Galician runner-up in U11 category.You had to see his face when they gave him the trophy.I spent the great test, I was not sure if I could endure the rhythm of the championship.He was taking juices all day, Aquarius, a real polvoron, finally eating like all the other children of the championship and doing exactly the same as them.That if the next day we continued with a lot of surveillance, since the theme continued to go down, on Sunday at 11 in the morning we were put in 32 and phenomenal breakfast, it is incredible what the exercise has a bit intense.
In short, for her a great sports and psychological victory, and for us an impulse to move forward.
Changing the subject, which you think of the news of the child who curo with the cell's cord cells, surely something happened to you through the belly.Well, I comment with a friend who is a doctor and I told her that with the wonders that are made today in medicine, I do not understand how a miserable beta cells are cloned to implement in the pancreas and start healing diabetics.He told me that really the achievements of modern medicine give for that and much more, but that diabetes as well as other chronic and non -mortal diseases with treatment, had an added problem we are a great business for laboratories .
Well, better not to think about it and continue with our day by day.
Mani, I am not surprised that they were without script.For that you have to worry about knowing about the subject and if they have not done, it will be to cover any space in that Sunday.
I leave you go to a pool.
I encourage and enjoy the spring day.: D: d

DiabetesForo
03/14/2009 4:43 a.m.

Good morning!
Congratulations to our Camannona Maria ... a great satisfaction to verify that it is not so different from the others, right?Although you have to be so pending ... Congratulations to you, your parents, too, because your effort has also been part of that success ... On the other hand, hahahaha, it has made me funny about the really dusty ....
Angela has started with allergy, today the treatment with antihistamine has already begun and I hope I do not have to use the inhalers until May .... Anyway it has rare glycemia, it is not fine ... Is it the endo syndrome?... is that the day is approaching, they still did not send us the appointment but it will soon fall.
Kisses to all parents and happy day .... Let's see if you encourage you and have something of the kids.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/16/2009 4:22 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

How about family?
Olé, for that champion !!!Congratulations on that piece of achievement.By the way, where did you see the news of the child of the umbilical cord ???
Velia, in the end these days I used some dual but it was not very clear to me if the second part of the Bolus enters at the time that you put or during that time you put,Why would the control be?That bad Angela already with the allergy with how bad it is and on top they say that this year it will be of the worst, fear gives me.
Marcita how is the baby ???
Nyah is better but on weight and not eat much, thankfully he had reservations: P, now that he did not touch the little one that he does not have them.
I don't know if I should say it but I am from Chachara with Mani on the other line :)) ....... that they have not yet drawn the Sunday, hope there are no problems.
Mommy, kisses .....
You kiss everyone and enjoy the heat, especially me, heh, heh

Beky's profile photo
Beky
03/16/2009 8:59 p.m.

Good morning, family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally a hole to write ...................................
Beky, I'm glad that Nayah goes better, losing chichas I know well, Noe also stayed in the "bones", but he is already recovering, he continues a little cold, but nothing important, for now.
Velia, go with the allergy, I hope I don't attack you very strong.As always, it was a pleasure to talk to you.Kisses.
Mani, do not forget to tell us about the Sunday, to see if we see you, even in photos.How about the holiness?
Jose, congratulations to Mary for her achievements and you for being an important part of her successes.That for see those who think that diabetics are unable to many things, so that they see how wrong they are.
Alea, I'm glad Celia's reviews were fine.
Sandra, Santesteban How about your kids?
Mami, Mari, Paz ...
Well, I'm going to give a quick turnishness for the forum and get the task.Kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
03/17/2009 4:59 a.m.

Hello everyone:
Beky, forgive, I think I don't express myself well at all.The news of the child who curo with cells from his brother's cord was a disease that produced recurrent anemias, with transfusions every 15 days and presented a future of no more than 25 years.Maybe you thought it was something about diabetes.I'm sorry.But my comment is because they have done so with this ailment, because not with others.Surely those parents had the joy we would have.Can you imagine?
Thanks to all for the congratulations to Maria, tomorrow goes to the same for her second championship, a little more complicated since they go to more than 1000 km from home.Well, he leaves with his mother and his sister, I can't work.It will be rare not to have to control it at night.I've been doing it for 4 years.
I'll tell you how the thing was.

DiabetesForo
03/18/2009 3:56 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Becky, the square part of the dual bolus supplies it during the marked time.If the square is 1 unit in 2 hours will supply that amount during that time .... I suppose you will have to see how to control it, I explain how I do.I put the dual at the food and at 2 hours I measure (I always usually put the square in 2 or 2 and a half hours, except that we go out to eat outside and there is dessert that put it in 4 or 5h.), At 2Hours already know that the active insulin of the normal part is practically nil (there is some residual but nothing to do with a maximum effect) and I have still the maximum effect of the square bolus (this effect is much less significant than theof the normal Bolus since it is given little by little and they are usually compensated with the fats, proteins and HC, s slow).You will have to see measuring at 2 and at 3 hours to see how it is doing.Taking into account that rapid insulin lasts about 3 hours and that its maximum effect usually begins on the time of supplying it and ends at 1.30 hours or 1.45 hours.

Jose, good luck to that champion.You will tell us how it has gone, and above all it rests a lot and limits forces for when I return, now, that I do not know if the custom will have the eye open at the time of control.

Marcita, how is Noe?I hope you better.Let's see if it is sought.

I can't say the same as Angela, often uncontrolled.It is with the allergy and cold180 .... in short, it will be necessary to endure because if I do not turn Tarumba.

Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/18/2009 4:42 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.