{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning dad!
Jose, what a shame about Mary's competition ... The truth is that the havoc of time goes!
Sandra, surely you get it, you get it, especially the bomb ... at the beginning and especially being so small it is logical that you have to do many controls, but as soon as it is a little more stable you will see how some are reduced.The beginning is a bit chaotic, but trusts that in less time than you think you will be much quieter with everything.
Kisses to all daddies, appeared, missing and an achuchón to all our kids ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/05/2009 3:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone:
Shandra, do not eat the jar too much, it is not good for you and much less for your environment than what you need most is stability.
Live the day by day, enjoy every moment.You will see how in less than you think everything will be routine.
I will never forget something that a doctor told us when Maria debuted and we were as lost as you are now:
This is like driving, at first you overwhelm with the brake, clutch, accelerator, intermittent, etc.What are you not aware of the pedals, or the flashing?It is already routine.
Well this the same, and over time you realize that it is.
You will make the calculations of the hydrates through the air, you will know how it is on your face, etc.
Greetings and take care of you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/06/2009 2:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I appreciate your comments from not overwhelm you and all that you are right because you have already passed it and you know this but my problem is that I have everything very controlled the food and insulin, I do not overwhelm me for all that.Regarding knowing the symptoms in my son, it is impossible since it is totally asymptomatic, Hata told me an emergency pediatrician when he takes it with a hypoglycemia that did not believe they had as little and was as he was, jumping playing and so normal.I overwhelm because there are certain technologies that can improve all this lack of control now that it is so small that it cannot tell you how it feels that hypoglycemia for its development and all that is so dangerous, because there are endos and communities that do not remedy it, at least they tell me that they do not finance them for Racanos and give me the option to pay me, and not say not because no.That is what overwhelms me.Ultimately Hugo gets in 500 and in 40 very easily and is this?To wait three months for the exam at all that does not seem to control a diabetic by the endo.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
02/06/2009 3:27 a.m.

Good morning dad ...
Shandra, it is logical that you goat, that above what you are asking for is permission to change the treatment ... but we know from experience that many doctors are reluctant to change due to pure disagreement, or because it is an effort that they do not want to assume ...You need to know how insulin works to know that a continuous and appropriate infusion to each needs of each diabetic is the ideal method, which I do not say infallible ...
Cheer up...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/06/2009 4:30 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Changing health center is not worth it because there is only one endo that I have.Speaking with the president of the association here he has told me that most diabetics of La Rioja ask for transfer to take them to Bilbao, which is already sad, and that is what I am going to look at.Anyway, I would like to ask you something, to tell those who take bomb, in children, why the endo told you that it was better for your children.I mean, the hemoglobin test, hypoglycemia unnoticed, things about those.I would like to know what criteria have put you to grant them.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
02/06/2009 5:15 a.m.

Good morning

I hadn't been here for a long time.

Shandra Welcome.I am the mother of Nicolás who debuted with 15 months and has been bomb since he turned 2 years.I perfectly understand what you are happening because we go through the same anguish, those ups and downs and those "not symptoms" of hypoglycemia.I also tell you that with pump or without bomb the treatment of children is difficult because their bodies are very small and insulin does not always make the same effect on them.But it is clear that with the pump as the administration of insulin is more continuous the effect is more flat, it does not produce those high ups and downs, although the stability we would like is not achieved.

I do not know how the bombs will work in La Rioja so you comment are not supporters.Have you asked in all hospitals?Maybe just put it in the biggest.Or in all associations of the province?Many times it is not for lack of money from the autonomous community but for lack of expert professionals.Here in Alicante with 20km of separation from one hospital to another we have probomba and antibomb hospitals and it is only because doctors do not know how to handle them.

If anywhere in your community they put them, you have no choice but to change your place, or registering in any locality where they put them or asking for the patient's transfer to another community where they put bombs.At the beginning of putting the pump if you have to go to review to adjust basal but when you have not been missing for a while, you go every three months or so.

I do not know what to tell you more, that you move all your contacts, if you know any endocrine or pediatric doctor who can inform you more or some private consultation.We caught you a little far but if you want anything you send me a private and give you my phone.

Much encouragement, good luck and calm, do not worry that you will get it, but try above all that has no strong hypoglycemia because that is the worst for these ages.

That said, for what you need here we are all.

Well for the rest many kisses, to see if I enter later.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/06/2009 5:33 a.m.

Wow Shandra I sent the message and I hadn't seen you just wrote.

Well look at my doctor, he was probomba from the beginning (here the most reluctant to put it on was me).I was not convinced by the idea that I had a machine, I thought I would like to take it off and things about those.Now 2 years ago we put it (February 9 will do 2 years) and come on, I don't change it for anything.

His reasons as a doctor to recommend the pump are many but above all that the insulin entry into his body is little by little.The bomb that Nico is wearing Animas (Novalab) and allows stretches of 0.05 that will seem an unimportant thing in an adult but in a body of 8 kilos is a lot.Another reason is that when they are bad (and at this age it is very frequent with nurseries and choles) and do not eat you can disconnect the pump or reduce the basal and thus avoid hypoglycemia.More stability with the pump is achieved since the descents are not so abrupt or the climbs either.Apart from replacing 5 punctures or those that take a day for 1 every 3 days.

My son tried several types of insulin and we did not get him to lower the hem of 8, we got 8.8 just before putting the bomb and in just 1 month he dropped to 7.4.Then the hemo values ​​are stabilized and usually around 7. There were days that we click 6 and 7 times a day.And he also had many ups and downs because as soon as we corrected he went down at full speed.

Without a doubt I recommend the bomb for everyone but especially for little girls, but as I said before, it does not stop having "failures", you do not get two days that are the same.

Another thing that has occurred to me that you can do is call bomb laboratories and ask in which hospitals they put them.I recommend you Novalab because my experience with them is great and for the age of your child it seems the most appropriate because the rest of the bombs the minimum stretch is greater but we are going here almost everyone is with Medtronic and they are also delighted.

You tell us your progress, beautiful luck

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/06/2009 6 a.m.

Hi Shandra.I am David's mother who is almost 3 years old and debuted 7 months ago.It has a bomb 2 months and little.
We are from Navarra and here they put bombs but you have to ask for it and it has to seem that it is indicated.Nor is it too easy
The main reason why they accepted to put it in addition to lack of control (which did not seem out of control sufficiently with a hem of 8.2) is that I panicked the punctures and we always needed to be two people to put the insulins.I even had to hire a person to come to help me at meals to weap and be able to prick him.
We are going down little by little, although we do not avoid the hypos that still makes enough.
I recognize that for very young children in which insulin doses are so tiny and are so sensitive to minimal changes, the bomb is a great help.I tell you that I am still doing with the handling.
If you decide to come to Pamplona instead and go Bilbao send me a private and I give you a phone

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
02/06/2009 5:22 p.m.

Hello everyone

The ministerial order that regulates the use of insulin pumps is:

In the annex you can see the recommendations for use:

1. Patients diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in a state of gestation or who have maintained, at least six months before adopting the insulin pump, within a multiple injections program, at least three daily, and that have required frequent self -adjustments ofThe insulin dose.

2. That they have completed an educational program on diabetes care.

3. That they prove an average frequency of four daily glymia self -controls during the two months prior to the adoption of the pump

4. That, keeping in multiple injections, experience some of the following circumstances:
Glycosylated hemoglobin T 7.0%.
History of recurrent hypoglycemia.
Large variations in preprandial blood glucose.Alba phenomenon with glycemia that exceed 200 mg/dl.
History of severe glycemic deviations.

In my view, the pump should be mandatory in all children under 10 years (more), it is the only way to correctly adapt insulin to body requirements.In the case of children, and even more in the babies, insulin needs are so small that neither bolis nor vials serve.

I spend some more link:

Ramiro Antuña's website is spectacular

DiabetesForo
02/07/2009 4:36 a.m.

If Owash, we already know that this is very good in the theory because then what is in practice nobody applies if they do not give them the "real" win ........ you know.
Sandra I understand that state of helplessness and frustration through which you are going through and it is inevitableThe age you are.
We were two years behind the bomb and the thing is quite complicated if your endocrine is not for the work.If you do it in a "legal" plan apart from being the least fast way as Santesteban told you they have to get the approval, it is not worth saying that you want an endocrine change to another community because yes, you have to have a reason forWeight to be able to convince them better not to sound like "because you are some incompetent" (I tell you from experience).The other option is how you have been told you register, although that entails the problem that the strips would also be supplied where you were registered.
I will try to write tomorrow, greetings.
You kiss everyone who doesn't give me time to greet you, Muakkkkk ........

Beky's profile photo
Beky
02/08/2009 7:45 p.m.

Hello dads !!
I pass by to tell you that Juan's experience in snowman has been great.
The truth that I was afraid for 2 years, when I knew that in 3rd of the E.S.O.They would make the trip to the snow, I panicked, imagine it alone, pending their insulin, their hydrates, their glucometer, their strips ... When we are traveling, it is always me who occupy me, and doubted if I would control everything.In addition, he was taking antibiotic, he wore his mouth full of sores, which made it difficult for him to eat ... that is, the circumstances were quite bad to undertake a trip, which were also going to be skiing all day ... but, everything has come outGreat, I have been informing me with messages from their glycemia, and they have all been great, and we have overcome the test !!!I already breathe normally: shock :;).
Well, I can only write that I am going to pick up Juan from training, who since the pavilion where he trains was flooded (back in October), they have to train in the fifth punch.And the pavilion without getting to get ... thus 3 times a week ...
Beky, I want to call you but I can't find a second ...
A hug to all

DiabetesForo
02/09/2009 2:09 p.m.

Good morning dad!
It hasn't happened to me days and I haven't even placed Ángela Anda Pachucha with a phlegmon.Again antibiotics and next Wednesday he quotes with the dentist .... it continues with a lotUnlike the older, almost 20 years and a soft, hahahaha ...
That said, phlemonazo, antibiotics and fortunately their glycemia are not carrying anything wrong (I suppose that in part due to the minilink) ... except an afternoon that does not lower 200 the values ​​have been quite good, so we cannot complain at all.
Mamidejuan, what a joy that everything has gone this good ... proves overcome!How lucky !!!The most important fact of life (and thus must feel) and this summer called me excitedly because he had gone with some friends 15 days of vacation to Portugal (although she did like you, Mommy, he left Tb. On vacation to the areajust in case ...) .... Anyway, it will touch us ...
Well, and the rest of the papis and kids? .... come, kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/11/2009 3:12 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Mommy, congratulations.
I think it is a moment that we all expect with great concern, his first absence of several days.
Already when they have local excursions of one day, you have to be in the area to administer insulin and what can happen.
As soon as I can, it seems to me that from the age of 9, we will try to start going to a camp of those organized by the association, with specialized monitors.The more prepared this one for its first solo flight, the quieter we will be.Surely it is overprotective, but it is inevitable.
Shandra, you see that here you have advice of all kinds, but you do what will leave you calmer.I see that you are willing to fight for the bomb, do not hesitate, throw yourself, if you always stay that thorn.Surely you get it.

DiabetesForo
02/13/2009 3:58 a.m.

Hello friends, I feel not to have written before but I am a little thrown, first tell you that I was wrong with my endo, I spoke again for the lack of control Hugo had and I was very pleasantly surprised.The first thing that I change the treatment now uses 5 of Levemir in the morning and 2 at night with Humalog Breakfast, food and dinner and I have to tell you that the change has been incredible from the first moment, I still have to adjust but well, thisMuch more controlled.The second is that I have made the letter of recommendation for the continuous meter and now I am waiting for the social sugury to finance me even if it is only the fungible ones, although I know it is quite unlikely, but well I will try.In addition my endo told me that if this treatment was not going well we would think about the bomb and that he is willing to go where to go to get it, so now I am quite happy in the sense that at least I do not feel abandoned byMy endo.And well those are the news, I'll tell you how it goes.A kiss to all.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
02/17/2009 6:45 p.m.

Hello family,
Sandra I'm glad for such good news, having the understanding of the endocrine in these cases is fundamental, you have been very lucky, surely you get it in the end.
We were also with Levemir before the change, but like the bomb nothing.
Well, are you all?And the children?I hope you are all fine because this is quite stopped, although I shouldn't talk :))
We well, Nyah in Rebelde Plan and Noa Andandito.The hemo 7.4 exactly as the previous one, disappointed because it has had quite good levels so I don't understand it but well, to see if the next improvement at once.
Well, you enjoy this bridge of carnival with the children, to see if you hang up any photillo.
Kisses for all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
02/19/2009 5:43 p.m.

Good night

It is true that we do not write much, I the first: Oops: but it does not give time to anything.

I'm glad the good news and improve the little ones.

My children were disguised today as musketeers with their mustache and everything :)) :)) :)) If a decent photo has come out I will try to put it.Oh I have changed Nico's age in the profile and has given me something to put 4 years, which seems to me older.

Many kisses and especially for Velia and his daddy.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/19/2009 6:12 p.m.

Good morning daddies !!!
Sandra, I am a user (passive) of the 2 devices, would fight, without hesitation, much more for the bomb than by the meter .... much less invasive and with multiple possibilities of Bolus and Basal programming that certainly nothing hasto do with being "condemned" to have to inject every time you eat, that you have to correct or have to put on the basal (and to have an insulin swarming through the body and that is acting at will, like that I do notinspires a lot of confidence) ... and of course, as a complement the meter would be ideal, although that seems to be very much ... it is just my opinion.Anyway I am glad that your endocrine has turned out to be better than expected.It is very important to have good feeling with them ...
Becky, do not overwhelm, 7.4 is a good hemo for the girl .... Although it seems a lie with the bomb we are not better, unless you are fatally controlled, what is achieved is greater stability and of course a lower numberof hypoglycemia ..... if we know that it is an average, it will always be much better to obtain a good result having frequent peaks and hypos, so, if you have good stability and the controls are around 150, than inChildren is a substantially good figure, because there you have the 7 ... that I trust fully in my endo, I would tell you to be more or less stable, avoiding abrupt altibajos is so, if not, important as having a decent hem(I assure you that in young children that hemo is but that very well) ... in any case refining a tad, if you have already caught the trick to the guidelines, you may be able to get down a little ... but, come on, great!!!
Mani, what beautiful who will be those musketeers, to see if you manage to put the photo ... are you already more relaxed?, To see if the good time is coming and we are all sanging.
Angela goes from Tuareg, very pretty too ... now they go to the Plaza Mayor, which is the feast of the laundries, typical of here ... They will make a parade and will open the carnival (party that by the way do not notLike a hair) ....
Well, that shower and we are not going to the center.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2009 4:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

By the way, I wanted your opinion, the endocrine or good, the endocrine assistant has told me that the catheter can change it when I see that glycems begin to raise, up to 6 days has told me that others are doing it.What do you think?If it is for the SS.SS to save money at my expense, it will be that it is not, if it is to avoid more punctures to the baby would try.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
02/20/2009 1:55 p.m.

Beky will be a mixture of the two things, but you have to see what goes to Nayah best, although it gives me more a way to "tighten his belt" :?

We change it every 3 days but sometimes from the 2nd start to climb and change it even the 2nd day.Other times if it's fine we wait until the 4th day.We do the change depending on their levels, regardless of the day, but they have never been more than 4 days because it did not get well.

More than 4 days I do not know if it will endure because when the insulin flow is so little at the time our kids take, it is more easily obstructed.

Try to change it to the 4th day and if it is fine then a little click.You will have to look when you take it out if you have irritation in the catheter area because when you take it more days it is more likely.

Kisses and tell us how are you doing if you decide to try it.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/20/2009 5:26 p.m.

Hello everyone.I wanted to ask the moms of the little ones if you have passed any for a "hunger strike" of your children.My little one has been refusing to eat at noon.I think they are leaving jealousy for their 5 -month -old brother and how he knows that it is a subject, that of food, very important in his situation attacks there.Today, for example, I go to the nap without eating absolutely anything and has risen with 67 and yet (the hypos hungry) he refused to put anything in his mouth. That bad time !!!!It is very difficult to appear that I do not care that it does not eat at the middle of the hicc as.
Any suggestion?

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
02/20/2009 5:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.