{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am the first time I scribe and I hope to do it correctly.
I think we should give a little freedom to those who have diabetics children, I mean that they themselves realize what they have and that they themselves do not control themselves as if they were .., IFor example, I am diabetic since the age of 8 and I have 46, unfortunately I have lived a lot this problem that I have have been admitted to my youth, the insulins once gave panic, there were no daily glycemia controls.
For example, my daughter Andrea Diabetica since the age of 3 has now given her all freedom regarding her problem, she is clicking, the analyzes is done alone, she has been three times in the Diabetic colonies of Vizcaya and last weekHe has been three days of colonies with the City Council with "normal" people, she had a mobile and commented on us and we have done this or that and both her mother and I told her what she had to wear, I can assure you that she has notHad neither climb or whicwon, very stable, we have to get them to feel the same as others because they are even if they do not seem, I will tell you my adventures problems I do a lotThat without problems.
all the best

xara's profile photo
xara
12/28/2008 6:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Xara, I'm very happy that you join your forum.
I am a father of Maria, 8 years old with debut 3 years ago.
It seems amazing that Andrea is able to go to normal colonies, without monitors that can control it.It has to have absolute control of meals.At the moment it seems impossible to me.
Maria for now does not click alone, if you do your controls and more or less know what you should take in mid -morning or in the snack, but a meal or dinner I think you would not know how to calculate it.
Maybe it's what you say, you have to leave you more court.But how to do those tests when you are playing severe hypo or even a hypoglycemic coma.We have lived it and it is something that leaves you touched.
I like sport.Maria plays the Squash and this year will begin to compete.We have the doubt if it will be able to control a low in a game, but it is worth trying.Sport seems fundamental to me for the control of diabetes.
We will continue talking, surely you can give us a lot with your experience.
To all very happy 2009;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2008 7:04 p.m.

Hi Jose, look, I think my daughter is more self -sufficient because she has lived as a child, I taught her to puncture and self -medicate, she practically lives daily with her Yaya who is 75 years old because we work in shifts, she realizes when sheIt gives a hypo and strip of Coca Cola, which I think is the most effective for the amount of fast sugars he possesses, he also usually carries chewing gum or candies and his analysis apparatus (Opium xceed), she plays basketball with the Hondarribia-Irun, that the elders play in the division of honor, in summer swim in the sports center, Jose, I continue to insist that we have to give them livertad on that subject and that they value learning of the suns.
all the best

xara's profile photo
xara
12/29/2008 1:28 p.m.

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas and a very happy 2009 for everyone.Even if I don't write lately I read you to trompicons but I read you, because when I finish and want to write the thing begins to move at work and I can no longer.

AAAAHHHH that doesn't let me finish the message.

Many kisses for everyone and happy I don't remember what I was going to write.

Jose el Squash Surely he is phenomenal to measure himself before entering and taking some hydrate before starting to prevent, surely being competition it will already be harder but that illusion will have.

Xara who envies that the insu is put alone does not want, if this summer goes to the colonies of diabetics and there you will have no choice no matter howwants.

Marcita if you saw the face that Javi put with the video of the Magi: d died of shame although at the end he saw the trick :));), but while excited and asking that as they had their photo, on top of how it squares him withThe homework and going to bed like Angela, because he believed it.

Alea congratulations on the celia bomb, you will tell us the process and when you put it on you will tell us how it is going.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
12/29/2008 2:11 p.m.

Hi, I am Andrea, tomorrow at 09:45 I'm going to skate on San Sebastian, with those of the playroom, I take the mobile, the sandwich, fruit, a cacolita ligt coca and a normal coca cola in case it goes down,I will carry the control apparatus and the Humalog return around 17:30
You have to leave your children, talk on the computer to talk to each other, I am now with my father and let me be with the computer.8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

xara's profile photo
xara
12/29/2008 3:05 p.m.

Good morning.

Andrea, pretty, what happens is that this is a forum, and is not spoken in "direct."Everyone leaves their messages and those who enter, are answering.And now we are on vacation, so there are many who do not connect.
I think the ideal would be that you had the Messenger addresses of guys of your age, and so you could speak.

I hope you spend great skating.You are lucky to be able to go to the sites and excursions.My daughter has gone from camps for diabetic children, but we could never let them go to "normal" boys, because she is very unstable, especially at night, and they give her very strong hypoglycemia, so, although she is 15Years, it doesn't sleep away from home.
It is not about giving freedom or not what else we would like!It is about being able to leave it safely, and, for the moment, we cannot, although she knows how to control and click alone since the age of 8.

Pumba, a pleasure to read you again.I will have you informed, do not hesitate.
A few days ago I got a certified government letter from the Principality of Asturias in the name of Celia.The first thing I thought is: what will Celia have done now?:( but no, spoiled from me. It is that I did not know that things were so "official", and it was the written communication of the resolution by which Celia was authorized by the bomb treatment.
They give me every scare ...

Well, I'm going to buy and things.
Health to all and happy year.

DiabetesForo
12/30/2008 6:46 a.m.

Good morning!!!!.Welcome Xara and how good see you again here, pumba !!!!

As Alea says, it is not a matter of knowing or not ... Angela is also controlled and punished insulin from an early age, and now it is much more autonomous because for 3 years he has insulin bomb and does not need feathers .... Of course it goes on excursions, has tried the camps and has not lost any activity, or birthday because it is diabetic, but yes, to me as a mother, I like to supervise everything, despite the fact that she increasingly controls more ....

Well daddies, I can't entertain myself, just wish you to have a good night .... Happy New Year!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/31/2008 5:55 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I hope you all enter the New Year with good foot.
Pumba, what a joy to see you again, let yourself fall here more often.
Xara, welcome and also to Andrea, surely we have many things to learn from you.
Well, I'm going to undo the suitcase that we have just arrived from my town.
Kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
01/01/2009 1:36 p.m.

Hello everyone:
I see that the forum is on vacation.
I hope the kings have been good with all the children and have brought them everything they asked.
I know that the potatoes have not brought it absolutely everything, but that we all ask is very difficult to get.For next year we will ask again, to see if insisting:-/
In this house, among other things, they have brought the Wii.
The pot is phenomenal, Maria I do not stop exercising all day.It seems like a phenomenon invention for winter.If this bad day and stay home with this device you have the burning of insured hydrates.
Well I'm going to work that are already hours.

DiabetesForo
01/07/2009 2:22 a.m.

Good morning, Papis !!!!
Let's see if we are joining .... Jose, the gift of kings of the year, the wii ... we do not.Juan Luis was tempted to buy it last year, but I really do not know if we had taken a lot ... as I have put on the route, Angela has brought the bike, a dog book (it could not be otherwise) and a suitcase, in addition to the star gift, the minilink, which this year has been the family gift ... well, and then the corresponding one in his father's house, grandparents, uncles and friends ...would the Supertramp say, crisis?Watch crisis? ...
I hope that all children have enjoyed these vacations a lot and that they have been happy with the kings' gifts.
Kisses and good morning.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/08/2009 5:10 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello family.
Happy year to all ....... I still had not had time to enter and read everything that has happened on vacation, this week has been tuning between suitcases, schools and doctors.
Nayah is already with angina and now to top itDinner seems to put water.The truth is that I am worried, I would have preferred a urine infection.
Maria, heart, tomorrow I call you and tell me.Do not work much while although I know it is impossible.
Mari, Jolin goes mesecito that has touched you, poor Ainhoa ​​I hope you enjoyed these days.Take care of you and touch wood that do not touch us more viruses.
Anuski, also pachucha?I hope that the ovary does not happen to you and it has been a passenger.How about a little witch?Have you behaved well at Christmas?Give it a kiss.
Paz, small days with gastrontonteritis too ......... almost nobody has been fought.How about the trip?Account, count.
Marcita, and Noe with all that at the same time ??????Luckily everyone played before the holidays and let us enjoy them as they deserve.
Velia, how is Angela follow?It is starting school and they don't give us truce, to see how the minilink behaves.
Alea, you have nothing left.
Well, I'm very happy to be here again and see you all.Kisses for everyone, welcome to the new ones and forgive if I have not named someone but I have to go.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
01/10/2009 8 p.m.

Good and ice cream days !!
How was the ice car today !!!!!!!!!
I am glad that the kings have come generous, despite the crisis.Here Noe has also been the most graceful, of course, they have brought her playmobil, her wall-e ...
On the 8th we went to endo and all very well, except the hemo, which after so much infection cost a lot to normalize the glycemia and has thrown 10 days through the clouds, so the hemo in 7'6 :?What are we going to do!Although the endo seemed very good.We return in March.
And yesterday, so that we do not miss Na, Noe fell and a dislocation has been made in the right foot, what is fucking, but still wanted to go to school.
Well, I greet the route.
Beky, who improves Nayah.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/12/2009 3:20 a.m.

Good morning daddy .... This is also paradillo.
Becky, what a joy to read you.Uff, the beginning of the school, the change of routines of everything, a without lively ... is already better the little one? Angela was also like this last week.Glucemia small, between that and the catheter that did not work 2 times in a row was desperate.
Marcita, I mentioned you on the route.
Jose, how about Mary?
To the others, Mami, Mari.gar, Mani, Maclaudi (I have the thing.Good day!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/14/2009 7:58 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Where do we get ????All good ???Then if I can happen to me.Kisses for all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
01/19/2009 5:20 p.m.

Hello good !!
Yes, we are absent from parents ....
It does not surprise me, if all the kids spend the winter like Noe ... after the sprain we had a respiratory virus and now the first bronchitis of his life, in short, as I said that we do not miss us!So here we walk, without school, eating little, almost without sleep, with fever, snacks and phlegm and the glycemia to give .. :?.
Well, I greet on the route and see how the new bomber.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/20/2009 5:58 a.m.

Hello everyone, one of the absent reappears again.

I am a little Liadilla with my daughter's glycemia because I have proposed to lower the figures of the night, which a few months ago there are some malls and there I am .....
Tonight waking up every two hours to do controls and not have surprises ... but well the effort, at least it was worth it .... has been around 100-140 and has risen with 98 ....

I also want from this parent forum thanks publicly to Velia, which for me is like a guardian angel ... helps me, support me ... Anyway, which is a woman's sun.

A kiss to all

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
01/20/2009 7:04 a.m.

Hello everyone a kiss for everyone the first in case I don't have time to write anything else.

Beky I hope that Nayah is well at all.

Marcita congratulations on the hemo that is not very small and that hemo is good, I hope it gets soon well at all.

Maclaudi, how to read you.

Velia Congratulations for that hemo, we go on Thursday but I don't hope it is good.I have read you in all the continuous meter monitoring although I have not been able to write, that I envy me I want one, it is a shame that it is invasive, that you study a lot and that you are lucky with the exams.

Alea I'm very glad that Celia already has the bomb sure she will do very well.

Anuski a kiss for the little one.That although I write little I remember a lot of you, and I read you whenever I can although I do not write time to write.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
01/20/2009 1:05 p.m.

Good morning, daddy!
Marcita, how is it noe?Jolín the poor until they are immunizing.
Maclaudi, you'll see how you are going to get it.Thank you very much for your words, but do not forget that we are here in the same car and we all need support.A kiss.
Pumba, what abandones you have.Let's see if you are encouraging and see you for the most often forum.The meter is a luck, you cannot imagine it, and especially in the age so difficult that our children have with all the hormones making their own.I hope that one day they realize the true importance of this type of media and make them less invasive and more affordable to everyone who wishes to have them ... you already tell us how that visit to endo goes.
To the rest of the daddy that you miss you, how are the kids?
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/21/2009 3:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Goodaaaaaaaaaaas!
What a little daddies pass by !!!!!
I hope they are all, small and old, well.
Pumba and Maclaudi, what joy read.
Velia, how does Angela follow?I hope that after the Toledo night, all normal.
Noe has already returned to school, she's better and she had been fever for two days.
Well, let's see if you spend here and have something.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 3:56 a.m.

Hello!!!!Time without going through this thread !!!: Oops :.I ever greeted the route and I was running :?.
Well nothing, I hope all the little ones are going well.
I don't see Mari.gar, or Mani, or Paz-Angel ... I hope everything goes well.
Juan is still well, I am a little nervous because on February 1 he goes skiing a week with the institute, he would give something to be close to him to know at all times as he is: shock :, I am lucky that hisBrother also goes and I hope you observe it from afar :?.I have asked him to call me very young and he has promised me that he will send me many messages (well something is something).
And as we stayed a week without children .... We will also get a getaway!We have not yet decided where, but I think it is the only way not to be looking at the mobile continuously or did it? ...
Well, a hug for everyone and I will pass when I have another little while.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 7:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.