{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good afternoon dads !!!

Today "Rarito" .... It is very cloudy, from time to time I sparkles a little ... and I have this afternoon sleeping this afternoon: shock :, Rarest thing because it never sleeps nap unless it is not well found, Pachuchilla is somewhat cold, on top of the day does not accompany at all, so I will let it rest if it recovers a little.
Jolín with the punctures, he has never given me for counting how many we carry and I prefer not to know :(. Ainhoa ​​lets herself be prick in all the fingers, even at night after the bathroom, she asks us to do it on the fingers ofThe feet and many times we do it, I hallucinate it, because I have never heard her complain about her punctures in the fingers.Click moves and complains: ((.Glucometer for school and sent me the smart pix to carry control by computer.
Yesterday I talked to Dulce, Violeta is again with bronchitis, the poor man does not raise his head .... I hope he is better.A kiss for both.
Velia, I find the meter very interesting, we will follow your thread ...
Beky, I'm glad you are already calmer, the kids who are with the little ones?Ainhoa's teacher has not yet left, today he has told me that at the moment he will be until November 1 and maybe the other teacher is lengthened more .... Hopefully the whole course stays, in short, in short, that everything will be seen.

I will take a turn along the route, which I have already given a good toast :)).

Kisses

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
10/09/2008 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi how are things
As Mary said again the girl with bronchitis, it is seen that she does not "cure" well and has relapsed, so now if we are with inhaled corticosteroids and does not raise blood glucose, so I stay: shock :: shock: shock:: Shock: Better
Jose, opened what you sent me. Thank you again
Mary, tomorrow I call you, today I have put a glass of paste and the girl has not climbed :)) :))
Beki, Velia, Marcita ,,, and all a kiss

dulce's profile photo
dulce
10/09/2008 5:31 p.m.

Good evening, daddies ... I go to greet you and give a lot of encouragement to ¨Dulce ... go fabric ... at least the positive is that this treatment does not go wrong glycemic speaking.A little kiss to the little and unabrazo for you.
Mari, how about Ainhoa?Poor, is that so girls and school, sugar .... as not to be trcharta .... also give it a kiss.
I will put some novelty in the meter thread.Kisses and that glycemia accompany you.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/09/2008 6 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

How about family ????
Poor violet and Ainhoa, to see if they recover promptly.Give them many girls.
I continue with mine, the issue of schools ..... could something be done through the minor defender ???I have found a study that was conducted on Celiaquia in Castilla and Leon and thanks to this something was done about it although they did not receive almost complaints about it, they decided to do so because they seemed "quite relevance", although I rather think it would be for anotherReason because for that rule of three the diabetes would be more relevant, I do not know ..... I put the link and tell me your opinion that I have read quickly and sobada ...... kisses, good night .......

It is the report on the left on Celiaquia, from page 24.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/09/2008 8:42 p.m.

Good morning, family !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ufff !!!At last!!!How much have I missed !!!!!!!!I have been without the Internet 10 days, in a work the cables were taken or what I know and we have been "incommunicado" online.
Wow, it has cost me readers.
The first, that the little Pachuchillos are improved and the stressed moms relax, well, let's relax.
Jose, I don't have the punctures to Noe either, but my soul falls to the ground every time I change the skin of the fids.I do click on all fingers, even in the little one and never complain.
Mari How about Aonhoa?I'm glad the good disposition to attend the little one, I hope the teacher who comes is the same.Did the flu vaccine give any reaction?I have not yet put it because they have not arrived here :?.
Velia, thanks for the conversation little while, it is always a pleasure to talk to you.In the end I did not ask you how Angela's review was.I already update with the meter.
Sweet, what fabric with bronchitis. Are you better violet?This year it has to be very hard for them, they will take from Todoy we will spend a long winter going and coming to the pediatrician's consultation.Yesterday I had to go with Noe, who complained about the throat and had some decimillas, come on, one thing behind another.I loved talking to you, we have to continue, that we leave it halfway.
Paz, how much I am glad to read again.The depression, how they flatten us, but better times come and we have to raise our heads and smile, especially for ours.
Beky, Guapetona, how are you?Oh, how I understand you with school!We will find some way to "look for the tickles."
Well, well, as I said, Noe with the throat, but without antiviotics and delighted with her school.The work, another month is delayed again, I see myself eating the grapes between the concretera and the rubble: ((What a fabric!
And I tell you my odyssey with school.Last Monday I went with their pediatrician to give the teachers an informative talk, were all in the school, including monitors, director and head of studies.The pediatrician behaved phenomenal, took a doll to teach them to put the glucagon and everything, but no one who learned and made clear their position: they will not do anything to the girl even if she is with seizures and in a coma, they will call 112 and meAnd whoever previously arrives that attends it, and that the pediatrician insisted on the urgency of injecting him by telling them that he could even record a cerebral paralysis or even death, but nothing, only the teacher of gymnastics dared and the director (:Twisted :) He told him that he did not have the support of the College or the Ministry ...
So as it could not be for the good ones, it will be for the bad ones.I have asked for advice and I can "put a hand" for a couple of sites, it is true that they are not obliged, but neither exempted and, as Alea says, the omission of the duty of relief is a crime punished with jail.Beky, if you want I send you what I have, in case it serves you in your school.
Well, all, many kisses and I'm glad to return.Let's see if I can read the route and then pass again.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/10/2008 5:31 a.m.

Hello!!.Marcita, I'm glad to see you here again, we already knew about your Internet problem, thankfully it has been solved.Let's see if Noe happens to the throat, they always have some things, especially at the beginning of the school, that everything infects each other and also coincides with a change in temperatures ...
Beky, I have read the report (above), I see that they focus on food, the problem of celiacs is fundamentally food, and perhaps it is easier to get involved, you should not supply medication, and also there is no need toClick, it seems that "terrifies them."
It does not seem a bad idea to present a complaint, at the top speaks of who and how can the complaints present;In addition, in the report, it states that the defender of the Galician people, for a single complaint (of another problem) acted, although it did not come to fruition, that is, it is not ruled out that with your complaint they act although it would be more interesting that there wereA "jet" of complaints ...
Sweet, that your violet will recover soon from its bronchitis, Mari.gar ¿Ainhoa ​​sleeping?, How tired he would be ... to see if he recovers the forces!
A kiss to all that I'm going to take a walk ...

DiabetesForo
10/10/2008 5:58 a.m.

Hello to everyone.I've been reading a few days.I also released a question recently and one of you sent me to the thread.
Well here I am.I am David's mother, who debuted this last July with the famous diabetes.He is currently 30 months old, I mean two and a half years and is with 8.2 HB.It is totally uncontrolled and even if they tell us that it is normal to us does not make us any grace and we want to do everything we can so that it is not.And one of the things we are going to do is put a bomb with the illusion of being able to correct the climbs and also not to have to prick the insulin (with syringe) since it continues to fight a lot and we do a lot of damage and it is very hard.They put it in a couple of weeks
Right now it is in the process of a star in which it is vomiting everything and we are making balances a thousand since it does not make a fucking fucking at night when we are putting half of the Levemir and nothing of no Humalog.We no longer know what to do.If you gave me an idea of ​​how soleis treatically treat and that you want to make insulins when this happens to you ......
I also wanted to ask to see if any of your children carry a Medtronic bomb with a continuous glucose meter (I think it is 522) or if you have heard algosobre this matter in children.
Anyone has put your child a continuous glucose meter be from Lamarca?
And one more thing.Someone could send me photos of how the bomb holds in a very young child with a belt shower or whatever.It is one of my biggest concerns how to hold it when they put it so you don't feel different.
It is clear that where more things I have learning about this famous topic is reading and talking with parents of children in the same situation.
Thank you very much

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
10/10/2008 9:01 a.m.

Hello everyone:
I see that you are surprised that the number of punctures that Maria carries.It is not that he is telling them, what happens is that since I debut, I have controlled the measures through a program that Roche has for the computer.The diabetic newspaper that we all use, I get it in this program and I know if we are going well for measures or not.Moreover, when the glych touches him, I know how much he will give, with a very small margin.I tell you that it is very helpful and that sometimes it helps me correct when we have been high or low in some section of the determined day.I will also tell you that it is a bit of "professional deformation" because I dedicate myself to this computer and I like these things.That is why Roche also gives me all the apparatus they get to carry these controls, related to the computer.
Santesteban, patience.You will see how little you will see the light.I don't understand the syringe.Maria debut with 4 years and since then we use feathers with 5mm needles that are superfines and give them to the health center in boxes of 100 units.If you change it in each puncture, they get almost even the creature.
With the food in cases of gastroenteritis intolerance, surely the hospital nutritionist can give you simple guidelines so that it does not have hypos.I encourage that rapid grows and they are autonomous.
Mark the staff of your school has no name.You had a lot to contain.We gave them a letter that a lawyer made us exempting them from all responsibility in case of having to administer glucagon, and in principle it seemed good.It would be to see what would happen.
What I say is that either forces the counseling, conselleria or what you have, or we have it.
There would have to be union among all the associations of diabetics in Spain to make a little noise.
Good night.

DiabetesForo
10/10/2008 6:59 p.m.

Hi Marcita !!!!!!finally here.Poor thing, not bad too ???This cole seems that it only brings dislikes, hopefully at least teach them in conditions.The school ...... Without comments, my email passes you privately so that when you can send me everything you have, although I do not see it very clear about the denial of help, until something happens, of course.

Welcome Santesteban, forgives that I have not answered you in the other thread, my bad head.I am the 3 -year -old Nayah's mother, we start with this at 8 months.For the gastrontonteritis we have used serum of flavors (strawberry and orange) that Tetra Brick are already prepared, I do not remember the brand but carry glucose and come very well to climb, although they are expensive.Apart from those days we give it what you want to eat, glasses, custard, actimel ...... will only be a few days and do not get it whole and so we do not risk the hypos.Watercolus too.With insulin, as you say nothing fast and basal to lower everything you need.On the bomb or infusor as my endocrine recommends that it be called, Nayah uses the one you mention but does not carry the continuous meter, Velia can help you more because his baby has been put recently.I didn't worry about the belt I had the same concern and Nayah has not complained once because it bothers her.Hold on blows and sweat, I put it on the inner shirt so that it does not rub, so with the other clothes it is not seen.At night he does not know even though a thousand laps.The case purchases in the same house.I guess you will have a thousand doubts.We have been with her for only two months after fighting and we are delighted.My email happened to you.
Good weekend and bridge for everyone, a kiss.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/10/2008 8:17 p.m.

Jose, we have crossed.In our association they are preparing a writing to take before the government to put health personnel in the schools, when I asked them if this were doing among more associations to have more support, they offended a lot and I didn't like anything as they answered me.They told me that they were the first to do something like that and that it was necessary to do it very well, without fudge ....... I stayed in pictures, it sounded like a whole of total prominence, I wish I was wrong.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/10/2008 8:30 p.m.

Good morning and rainy here !!!
Welcome Santisteban, I understand you perfectly, I, as Beky in case of gastroenteritis, slow to the minimum, the rapid nothing, glucose suede quoto-oral and everything that fancy little by little.They are difficult days, but they last little.
Beky, in this weekend I send you what I have.It seems that due to the issue of the denial of help they are obliged, because the pedagogical coordinator of another school here has forced them to inject the glucagon.I'm going to talk to my school, to see what he tells me.
Well, then I spend more slowly.Tonight at five noe with hiccups, so you have a body ...: ((((
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
10/11/2008 5:48 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers.David is already better although he punishes me without eating since he is very jealous because he has just had a brother and punishes me like this.
On the subject that occupies you of attention in schools, the only thing I can contribute is that in the school of David they have told us that glycemia have no problem in doing the insulin by law they cannot put it.Speaking after the endocrine said that this is not so, that they can put it without problem but that they cannot be forced and that it is an issue that they are curing it at the level of health counseling.We are pending to inform ourselves as if the health center of the area to which the school belongs must go to prick the insulin (or activate the pump) if so asked.My husband and I work both in health and all that of this world we asked says that surely the nurse of the health center has the obligation to go.I will inform you.
The theme of the glucagon is drawer.In a trial their hair falls.
Please, if you know any other way of carrying the pump (or perfusor) or if someone has a continuous meter to inform me.
Thank you

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
10/11/2008 11:27 a.m.

This is what found on the page of the Foundation on the schools.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/11/2008 11:55 a.m.

Click on already resolved consultations.
Santesteban I have only seen the belt and the backpack that takes my back but it seems more annoying for children, if you want to send me your email and send you the catalog of Metronic covers.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/11/2008 11:58 a.m.

Hello, good afternoon.
Welcome Santesteban, I'm glad David is better.As Beky told you, Velia is the one that can advise you better, her girl has been given this week.In a thread on bombs and devices yesterday put some photos, maybe it is what you want.
Mari How does Ainhoa ​​follow?I hope that in the end it fell asleep and it wasn't because Pachuchilla was.
Sweet, that can with so much bronchitis, and that we have not started winter.
Marcita, I was less made.Not bad?.Have you put the flu vaccine already?
Angel put it this last week and yesterday he was also with congestion and with Afonony.I do not know if you know that the junifen is also in palats to dissolve in the mouth.It is comfortable to carry in the bag, in the case of Angel, take it in a pocket and take it in class.Apparently the whole institute is the same with the throat :?
Velia How does it carry, Angela about the meter?I guess getting used.Today for my city, right?It is escaping from Llover de Purito Milagro: Shock :.
Well I am going to take the coffee with a little Roscón de Reyes, which I have not been able to resist the temptation to buy it now.
Kisses to everyone
Peace

DiabetesForo
10/11/2008 12:05 p.m.

Beky, we cross, you should be able to see who is connected.
I just said that I did not rain here, well then at this time to singing: shock: and five minutes ago sun
Peace

DiabetesForo
10/11/2008 12:08 p.m.

Good night!!!!!!!!How are you?
Here for a long weekend we have, a very bad time, with wind, rain, storms ... and all day without leaving home: oops :.Noe more boring than an oyster.
Paz, the vaccine has not yet put it on it, they have told me that they will start for the 15th, to see when they call us.
Beky, I have sent you an email with what I have for school.
To all, kisses and have a good night.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2008 4:02 p.m.

Hello everyone:
I just read the link that Beky has put on the subject of schools.I have also seen that there is talk of the issue of disabilities.
I can tell you that Maria has the 33% minusvalia for more than a year.
For this we have had to pass a revision with a doctor and a social wizard from the Xunta de Galicia, who after studying the case did not hesitate to grant it with a temporary character, for the moment until 9 years.
Thank God our case is not for economic issues, in fact when we had the interview with the social assistant we indicated.This one answered that that had nothing to do with economic issues.If the girl required permanent assistance to carry her ailment, it was more than enough to grant the disabilities.
Of course this influences very significantly in the declaration of income and other sides.We are 4 family, because as Maria counts for 2, we are large family, which also has its advantages.At the company level, my wife's gives substantial help per year for this topic.Anyway, with many few.
Undoubtedly, feeding expenses are not the same as before, and that you have to use someone to help you at home (we both work).This in normal situation would not be necessary.
Before requesting it, we think a lot about the subject in case this could affect Maria in something for her social situation, and it is not so.
Anyway, sorrows with bread ...
By the way, when Maria debuted, in the hospital she came to visit a person from the association and touched the issue of disabilities, criticizing that the administration did not contemplate these cases.
I think we were the first to address this issue around here and the root that more families requested it and n to all granted it.
Good night.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2008 4:55 p.m.

Hello family

I was reading you to the race because I am linked doing some things but I have read Jose and I have not been able to avoid writing.
We ask for the disability for Nico a year ago above all to get a place in the center where now because I told you it is the only place where glycemia.Imagine a child with 2 years, who does not know almost even speak that unthinkable that the controls be done because it neither knows the numbers nor does it interpret them, nor recognizes symptoms of hypo and does not express them, the two parents working and with a brother of the sameage.We requested a temporary minister until he had autonomy and did not depend on the good will of a teacher.Well, do you know what they granted us ????5% and two years.Is not outrageous ?????: Shock :: Shock :: Shock: Of course, financial aid would have been very well because the school is arranged, since in the public they told us that nothing to do glycemia, prohibited, we would have help to pay someone so thatHe collected them from school because they can't stay in the dining room, etc.Anyway I don't follow that I get bad.But Jose glad that you got it eh, at least somewhere there are people with common sense.

By the way, in this school they don't put the glucagon, with making the glycemias we give each other with a song in the teeth.

Well I leave you, tell you that here it has not rained as much as they said, it has been further to the north so we have got rid of cold drop at the moment.I will see if I finish some things that the kids are fried.

Many kisses

mani05's profile photo
mani05
10/12/2008 5:48 p.m.

Oh Santesteban that with the disability I had forgotten to answer you and that I have been pending to do it for several days and of course welcome you.

Well, I am Nicolás's mother, a diabetic from 15 months and with a bomb for a year and a half, I was just 2 years old.Do not worry that the younger the better they adapt to carry it.He carries it with a velcro belt that wears a neoprene cover that we buy at home, and we put it as Beky has told you, between the inner and exterior shirt.

Look on the websites of Medtronic, Novalab (Animas) and Roche (Acu-Check) that there are catalogs to see if you like any other system to carry it.I know of children who carry it in the pants pocket or with some covers of mobiles, but for me the best system is the belt because I see it more protected.Before putting the bomb what we did was put the empty belt at times at home and to sleep, so that it was used, then we put an old mobile to be noticing the weight and when the day came to take it, notHe put any paste.

There is a cream that numbs the insertion zone of the catheter called Emla, at first we put it but no longer, also what we do sometimes is to change the catheter when he is asleep because he does not know anything, they are moreThe nerves that give you that you put it that the pain you feel.

Now I can't think of how to tell you but if you want to know anything, even if it seems silly you do not cut yourself and ask that we have all gone through that moment before.

Velia has an open thread in insulin pumps and new devices that speaks of the continuous meter that is that you ask.According to our endocrine, it is very painful for such young children because the catheter is deeper but I can't tell you much more.

You will see that you are happy to be with the bomb or infuse as our endo says :)) Although as Velia says, it is not the panacea but it makes us and they take it much better.

Good luck beautiful and for what you want you already know where we are.

UF in the end I have rolled up;)

mani05's profile photo
mani05
10/12/2008 6:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.