{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Velia, I don't see it so serious either: shock:, it is not so much time without controlling it, I put the insu at 8, at 10 they are already having breakfast in the school, and at 12 they leave, also many times at home we have jumpedThat control because rare is the time that he has given him a hiccup at that time, and at least we save him a puncture.In the hospital they told us that from time to time we lower the number of daily controls so as not to crush the fingers so much, in short, that if I am not calm I will go to do it.I do not take bad about the educator that he does not feel different, because I already know and Ainhoa ​​also knows that it is different, they try as much as possible "that the little ones feel the same as others and it seems to megood.

Well, to another little while.

Kisses

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
09/23/2008 2:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning daddies and moms !!!
Mari, of course the most important thing is to stay calm and if you feel calm, everything said.Each knows their circumstances and their fun.I would not feel calm without making the post of breakfast to Angela in Cole's period, because her activity and tension is very variable, but I can skip the post of the food, which I make coincide with the snack, because there it is much more stable.I am sorry to have seemed abruptly, it is that I think that good control goes through a lot and seeing that the little one was starting a new and activity seemed to me that I would tell you to avoid it when you have barely had time toValue how the girl works there .... Besinos.
For the rest we continue with the happy throat, but I must admit that the controls are good.I have to go down basal in the afternoon because it is too low and the rest quite nineteenth.Let's see how hemo, because summer has been quite complete of everything.
Well, I go on the route and I start studying a ratter that we have to leave in the middle of the morning.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/24/2008 4:05 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/24/2008 4:05 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello:
Sweet, the deep comments must be a general something in our kids.When I started with this theme, one day I came to ask that if the little angels of heaven had to put on the insulin and silly of me, explain that the little angels had no body so they did not even have to eat, or to sleep, or that putting anything because they were never malitos.After a moment he tells me that he almost prefers to go to heaven and be an little angel so as not to have to puncture.
Imagine how the body stays, I have no choice but to do heart groceries and convince her that on earth you will have much better than in heaven, that there are no parks, or toys, etc ....
I believe that now he doesn't think so much about the subject.
Velia, I think like you in the contrlooles.I prefer to skip in the snack, the one of Mediañana being in the school seems very important to me, unless the teacher controls it so well that it is not necessary (something unlikely).
Mari.gar, I agree that you have to save punctures, but I only dare to do it when we are controlling it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/24/2008 5:03 a.m.

Hello!!.
Pues yo creo que lo de las medidas de las glucemias depende de cada niño, Juan nunca, nunca, se ha medido a media mañana, él se mide al levantarse y luego antes de la comida, igual que nunca, nunca, se ha medido deearly morning;me imagino que si suele estar bien a esas horas, se pueden descartar esas medidas.The first days, in the hospital they measured him but when giving acceptable values ​​they told me that it was not necessary.
En cuanto a lo de las frases, a mí Juan, recién debutado, y pensando yo que lo llevaba muy bien me soltó:" mamá yo no quiero tener hijos, no vaya a ser que sea diabético y sufra tanto como yo :( ", la verdad es que te deja "echa polvo".
La receta de la Nocilla, me parece que no se puede hacer sólo con la batidora, porque en la Thermomix, al mismo tiempo que tritura, se cocina, y como la temperatura que se selecciona es de 90º no llega a hervir, por lo que el edulcorante del colacao no pierde el poder edulcorante.Don't you think?
Peanut!!Where are you?
Kisses

DiabetesForo
09/24/2008 9:20 a.m.

Good, a quick greeting that I have already rolled up on the route.
I, at least for now, I will not do without any control.When they have regular schedule (from 9 to 14) I will do at 10.30 and 13. Maybe the 10.30 can avoid it later if I see everything right, but the one of the one at all because today I had 44, thus increaseHydrates at lunch and surely in the second recreation give a Galicilla.We are seeing little by little.
Well, that, I don't get more messy.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
09/24/2008 10:47 a.m.

Well, I join the club, I don't take a risky, Nayah is still a shortAny explanation occurs ??????By the way to firefighters, there is some way to suspend the basal from a certain hour programming the pump I have it at the minimum and it still comes down and although I have uploaded hydrates I do not want to risk.
Bastotes to all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
09/24/2008 7:30 p.m.

Mamidejuan, I would love to stop doing controls in mid -morning and midnight, even endo tells me that he would do less controls, but in school they do not give me the necessary confidence to leave it without controlling and at midnight I do not play it, I supposethat will be for the coma he gave him while sleeping.
If I don't control it, I can't sleep, and that would be fatal.You have to go to work and be well awake during the day.

DiabetesForo
09/24/2008 7:52 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Becky, I don't see the way to suspend the basal temporarily.I would decrease the Bolus (since the basal is minimized) and increase the HC, S, as you have said.Nayah may need more insulin in the afternoon (Angela happens just the opposite, school tension makes him higher in the morning).The good thing is that you have the pump to play with the time ranges until you find the more or less adequate guideline.That, that I would go up the afternoon basal and the snack bolus or the one that corresponds to get to dinner with a good control.
Jose, I don't rest without midnight control.Just seeing that stability in our case lasts for a while and that one day and chafa, I can not afford to save certain controls.I wish I had the stability of Juan, or Ainhoa, but our experience is very different and forces us to constantly be at the foot of the canyon.
Otherwise everything in order.Angela continues with controls within normality although we continue to adjust the mornings that Ramplona was last week and this are the 200 ...
Well, I take a walk through the threads (Uys, it looks like the title of a movie, hahaha) and I start studying.Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/25/2008 5:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone!!!!

Velia pretty, don't worry, your comment did not feel bad, it's more, I knew that someone would answer something like that, because more or less you all do the controls in mid -morning to your kids and you don't jump them for anything, everyone knowsYour situation and sometimes it is inpensable what for one it is essential that for others it can be, for example, I do not skip the snack because more than once has given me a "substitute", you see, each childIt is a world.At the moment I am doing well, in the end I lowered the NPH in the morning and at the time of the food it arrives well, but you already know that with the diabetes nothing is safe.I am glad that Angela is better;).

Well, now it seems that Ainhoa ​​has cold, he has little muzzle and the voice something taken :(, we will see where we escape .... GRRRICOSE VIRUSES: X !!!!

I spend the route as "El Patio".

Kisses

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
09/25/2008 11:07 a.m.

For what I hear all mothers are the same Mari, in the park, at school, in stores ........ I hear that the children have taken a cold or are with the mucus since the school began, but come on, it is not surprising here because it makes a cold that pela.
Velia, thanks for the beautiful information, the problem I had in lunch I did not put Bolus and with everything and that was low but it seems that when climbing the hydrates it has returned it has been a little high and I prefer so, that yes, followLeading to lunch and that I have dropped fast and breakfast things with sugar what was previously unthinkable, tomorrow I will continue to go down.:?In the afternoons now it has also unlocked me because it arrives high at the snack and the low dinner by putting the same insulin and climbing hydrates.Well, short the roll.
Marcita, where are you going today ??????
Sweet, how about your doll ????
Paz, I hope everything is fine, have time if you can.
Kisses to all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
09/25/2008 7:48 p.m.

Good morning!!!Finally San Friday.Jolin that tired is the return to school.Last night we had a dinner of improvised and pleasant friends and we went to the many, and then the early morning ... Anyway, I will do with pleasure, but the dream .....
Angela yesterday was all the afternoon that did not get 50. I don't even know what he ate.And the juices he took and with the pump disconnected .... Go that at 2 in the morning I was recourying for the 3rd time: shock: .... They are those X files that arise and that to see how you eat them .... Anyway in the afternoon I was low and I have already lowered the basal ...
Becky I'm glad you get ready for you.If you get high to the snack, put a somewhat higher basal in that section (from food to the snack), or put a square bolus of 2 hours or 2 and a half hours in the food of the amount you consider timely to correct thatFigure of the snack, in addition to the bolus that you normally put to eat, so you guarantee that there is no downturn after eating ... you know, test-error .... ays, what task.
I told you that on Tuesday we have annual review ???I get nervous ...
Mari.gar, I'm glad you won't bother you ...
Well, that I go on the route and I put myself to my homework.Kisses and good Friday for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/26/2008 4:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone!!
Well, I hope you have understood all that at any time I have tried to say that you should not measure them at mid -morning or early, I only refer to that each diabetic is different from the other (as we all know) and everyone knows at what time it must be measured.
When Juan debuted, he took my nights approaching him in case I stopped breathing:-/, until we have realized that when he has an hiccovers, he always notices it (he usually woke up for a nightmare), thatme ha hecho que duerma tranquila porque sé que las percibe.
John many times that he has "luck" with the diabetes that has touched him, unless he is still on the honeymoon, although after 3 and a half years I would be surprised ...
Ah!Another thing, in case it serves you, the other day I bought some fontaneda cookies with chocolate (granola type), without sugar, inside the box the cookies come in bags of 3 units, very practical to carry in the backpack, each bag of3 units has 1.7 portions, Juan has seemed very rich, I say it in case anyone wants to try them ... in the Super of the English Court they had them.
A kiss and happy weekend to all.And noe to be done short ...;)

DiabetesForo
09/26/2008 8:09 a.m.

Hello everyone !!
How are those little ones?Nyah with his lips, Ainhoa ​​with his cold, Angela with her glycemia, only with her vomiting, violet with her appetite ...?I don't know if someone stays behind.
Noe well, to see if this weekend takes it better than the past and does not miss the school.
We already have the papers to go to Cáceres, so well, quieter and all the perfect analyzes.
I continue to measure it at 10.30 and 12.30, because it has three days that, although at lunch it takes two portions, at 12.30 it has to eat half a half or one, because it goes down a lot.I want to try to put the lesson at noon, although I fear the nights.Let's see if they quote us soon in Cáceres and they clarify something.
Well, I'm going to see if I rest for a rat that I have been atacá at all for two days.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
09/26/2008 10:21 a.m.

Hello to all.
I have been around the Ruta de la Plata, to see what you tell there, and you have me hallucinated.
What you have of the great is the same as here, there is no such endey, it is simply a pediatrician who has placed in this temilla and is zafando as he can.We from the beginning realThey have in hand.
I only have good references from the Barcelona hospital (Vall de Ebron or something) that has a unit specialized in children's diabetes.I know about a mother here that had a baby with a problem of hyperinsulinism, the opposite of ours.
Imagine a baby with continued hypos, having to eat constantly, in fact he had a little hole in the belly through which they connected a pump directly to the stomach to feed it.
He was in that hospital and hallucinated wine with the professional and specialized treatment they gave him.
In the end after 2 years he had a happy ending, he was removed from the head of the pancreas and in this way does not generate so much insulin and goes perfectly.
The thing is that the only thing that told him is that it was best to remove the pancreas and turn it into a diabetic, that if it sounded more.
This Mama Corage did not give up and in the end she had the deserved and just prize.
Anyway, do not stop fighting and move from all those people for whom we are a hindrance and complication.If you have to give the can in school, it occurs.As in the hospital, health center, pharmacy or where it is needed.
Do not stop learning, continue collecting information, and of course disseminating it is this forum that among us we can get to the kids a better quality of life.
Someday the solution will arrive and this nightmare will end.
Of course, we will all be a little more special than the others, I think more human.
Good night and good weekend.

DiabetesForo
09/26/2008 7:51 p.m.

Good morning.
Jose, how you express yourself.The truth is that, as always, you encourage us.This is so, a continuous struggle, not only for the good control of our children, but for everything that surrounds us.We are so "special" that sometimes they discriminate against us, but for that we are, to fight what is needed.
Well, today without school, Noe is the other way around.

DiabetesForo
09/27/2008 5:36 a.m.

Jose, like so many times, always so hopeful and with such reason.
Today I had coexistence with parents of diabetic children and as always in these things I get totally disappointed.It seems to me an excuse to justify that it is done with the money from the associations, because as always the professionals, authentic protagonists, make endless and boring talks of things already known and reable, that do not get anyone out of anything and the participation of the parentsIt is very little active.They speak of insulins, what to do in case of hiccups, to administer, hyper, that you have to exercise, debut, hydrates ........ but who does not know this ???????If this is our bread on each day, how will we forget ???????Come on, shit.Of course, the meeting at the RICE hotel with food included that I have lost, if I know I spend for the lost time ......
Kisses to all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
09/27/2008 7:04 p.m.

Good morning!!!
Mommy, to see if we try those cookies.To tell Angela, take from all those who want.All I do is see how they are depending on the HC, S and Fat, in order to control the insulin to put.This is a luck of the bomb.Sometimes I tell Angela the same as you.I think my daughter forgot that she is diabetic, food, of course ...
The other day I was surprised.I asked him if he remembered when he debuted and gave me no:?... I found it strange, I thought that the turnaround that had given her life would have been marked in some way, but no, I didn't remember ... Anyway, better.
Becky, I do not usually go to those things just what you have ... that's why I wanted to put me in the association to see if we could focus from a different point of view, but it is qu estoy.
Jose, what to say that they have not said.Thanks for being here ...
Marcita, Mani, Mari.gar, sweet, how about you?How are the kids?
Well, that I roll up a lot.Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/28/2008 7:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

GOODAAAAAAAAAAAAS !!!!
Beky, the truth is that it is almost always the same in those meetings, lessons that we have more than rest, the only good, contact with other parents and the "tricks" for emergencies.
Velia, I had also thought about getting into the association, because it is not made here and is achieved less, but on the other hand, I think I already have enough with what I have on top.
Well, Noe has fallen with his Moccos, I see all the winter with syrups, the bad thing is that if he does not happen I can not put the vaccine: ??
How about the other kids?
Well, tomorrow Monday, good day for noe.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
09/28/2008 1:17 p.m.

GOOD NIGHT.
Thank you all for your compliments, but believe that sometimes I find it hard to be so optimistic.
Today without going further inexplicably, Maria gets up quite well, with 138 and without knowing how, she puts me at 14 with 338, eats measured, the insulin of rigor, scarce snack, spends the day on the beach, swimming, Running, in short with activity.
It is planted at dinner with 350, I do not understand it, they put their insulinas and miracle at 24 this with 113.
There is no one who understands this.
Anyway, today it touches control at 3 in the morning, with such ups and downs I do not trust the night that is very traitor.
Tomorrow there will be another day of hard routine.I just think that all this is due to growth hormones, for thinking about some justification, who knows.
Sometimes this bores, all this effort is so little than ...
I have until tomorrow at 7.30 to rise again.Everything is for Maria.
GOOD NIGHT.: ((: (((

DiabetesForo
09/28/2008 7:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.