{'en': 'Calculation of rations', 'es': 'Cálculo de raciones'} Image

Calculation of rations

cakemgia's profile photo   05/25/2010 9:17 a.m.

Fats and protein retard glucose absorption,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2017 8:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

jonadmj said:
greetings.Fat makes carbohydrate absorption slower or stop them completely until fats are finished?I would also like to know what the effect of the protein on glycemia is.You must take it into account when putting the fast insulin so that, according to the food you take (with more or less fat), you agree with food absorption curves with that of the effect of rapid insulin.

In addition, if a meal has a lot of fat and protein, this fat and protein can become some more carbohydrates, which is known as UGP (protein fat unit), and therefore it should be added more quick insulin to that food.In general this will be with very specific foods ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/29/2017 10:04 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
jonadmj said:
greetings.Fat makes carbohydrate absorption slower or stop them completely until fats are finished?I would also like to know what the effect of the protein on glycemia is.You must take it into account when putting the fast insulin so that, according to the food you take (with more or less fat), you agree with food absorption curves with that of the effect of rapid insulin.

In addition, if a meal has a lot of fat and protein, this fat and protein can become some more carbohydrates, which is known as UGP (protein fat unit), and therefore it should be added more quick insulin to that food.In general this will be with very specific foods ...

So it could be said that when eating a simple carbohydrate plus a protein, would it have a resemblance to eating a complex carbohydrate?I imagine that it is not the same, but it would be an option when you don't have a complex carbo at hand, right?@"JPR"

Jonadmj's profile photo
Jonadmj
05/30/2017 6:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Jonadmj"
It depends on the type and quantity ... the protein fat unit in the theory is that every 100 kcal.from fat or protein, they will become 10 gr.Carbohydrate (1 Rac.), So in those cases you will need to add rapid insulin for that meal.The problem that has this (at least for me) is that it is difficult to know exactly the kcal.that come from fat or protein inside the food you are eating.I base him on the experience of having eaten and wrong.For example, to HC rations of a burger of Burguer King, for example, I add half -insulin unit "of tip", for the protein fat, since I have proven that if I put the ones that touch by carbohydrates I am short.For example, if for the 46 gr, HC of a Whoopper touch me 3.5 units, I directly put 4

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/30/2017 9:55 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Jonadmj" Look at this link, it is quite well explained, fats and proteins produce increases in blood glucose for times that range between three and five hours.One of the interesting conclusions provided by the study referred to in the article is the possibility of using this in our favor, for example using proteins next to hydrates before going to sleep or exercising, to avoid hypoglycemia.The calorie calculation to determine the UGP as @"jpr" says is quite painful the truth, because it is necessary to determine how many grs of vamis fats to eat, multiply them by 9 to obtain the kcal, how many grs of proteins and multiply them by 4, divide the result by 100 to obtain the UGP, apply an algorithm to determine how much addition.In the end, he ends up learning to Ojimetro.

Link

As it seems to me that the link is not attached well, I directly paste the toocco of the article
: D

Diet proteins and fat

Thursday, April 24, 2014
Currently, most intensive insulin therapy algorithms are based on the carbohydrates of carbohydrates of meals to adjust the insulin doses, but do not take into account the fat or protein account.In recent years, new algorithms have emerged that take into account fats and proteins for the adjustment of insulin dose.

A job, published in the Diabetes Care magazine in 2013, shows that meals with high protein and/or fat content increase blood glucose to 3-5 hours after intake.For this, a group of clinical researchers of the John Hunter Children's Hospital in Australia designed a study to determine, separately and in a combined way, the effects after the intake of meals with high content of fat and proteins, all with the same hydrates contentcarbon

The study included 33 age subjects 8-17 years to which 4 breakfasts were given with the same amount of carbohydrates but varying the amounts of fats and proteins: 1) Low in fat (BG)/low protein (BP), 2) low in fat (BG) /high in protein (AP), 3) high in fat (AG) /low in protein (BP) and 4) high in fat (AG) /high protein (AP).

AG and BG meals contained 35g and 4g of fats respectively.AP and BP meals contained 40g and 5g of proteins respectively.For each meal a standard insulin dose was provided and during the 5 hours after food the glucose was monitored by continuous glucose monitoring systems.It was observed that the BG/AP meals with respect to the BG/BP meals gave a peak glycemia at 180 minutes of the highest intake (43 mg/dl vs 9 mg/dl) and that the meals ag/bp gave a peakof blood glucose at 210 minutes also higher (32 mg/dl vs 9 mg/dl).AG/AP meals gave significantly higher glycemia with respect to other meals.

Conclusions
Meals high in fat and/or protein give higher glycemic excursions after food in children with type 1 diabetes. The mechanism by which proteins increase blood glucose can be due to increased glucose production in the liver andIncreased glucagon secretion.The mechanism by which fats canIncreasing blood glucose is not only due to the delay in gastric emptying but by distortion of insulin sensitivity and the production of glucose in the liver.

The authors suggest extra insulin for protein and/or fat intake and take advantage of the hyperglycemic effect of proteins to avoid hypoglycemia during exercise or during sleep.

Reference scientific article:
Smart C, Lopez P, Evans M, Jones T, O'Connell S, Davis E, Mcelduff P, King B. Boch Dietary Protein and Fat Increase Postprandial Glucose excursions in Children with Type 1 Diabetes, and The Effect is Additive.Diabetes Care 2013 (36): 3897.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/30/2017 4:05 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

My conclusion is that I better correct in case I was not able to adjust me .... step of calculating ugps ... :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2017 9:25 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And contrast the bread of the bread?
It is not usually normal bread

Manolosr's profile photo
Manolosr
06/04/2017 5:21 p.m.

The truth is that the rations is fine, but relatively (for me).Any food or stew that you prepare at home will have little to see if you eat it outside, especially because of the way of doing so.Over time you will realize that what you eat (both at home and outside), the brain will automatically tell you what you have to wear.Normally, when it is outside, it will tell you "up a bit", even more so if they are meals in "Chinese, bourgeois, etc" places.In these cases, I always look at the levels a couple of hours after finishing (in case I have to do some insulin correction).For these cases, the new insulin "Fiasp" (still to arrive) will be great, for its very short time of effect,
Another thing, diabetes is not exact science, and it depends on how the organism caught you, in the end, it will upload or more or less than other times doing the same.This costs a lot to understand doctors.
Greetings.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
06/04/2017 10:09 p.m.

Fiasp?ultra-fast?It will be fine for breakfast, but for outside meals it will be better than not so fast ... see ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/04/2017 11:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

alea said:
It is best to weigh the potatoes before doing it, and so you know how many hydrates will take the complete omelet.
After done, you can weigh it again, knowing how many hydrates it has, and thus be able to calculate, weighing the portions, with a simple rule of three.
For example, to weigh the potatoes it gives you that the tortilla is going to carry 10 rations of hydrates.
After made, the omelet weighs 400 grs, suppose.As a rule, every 40 grs of tortilla would be a ration.If you take a piece that weighs 120 grs, it would be 3 servings.
I don't know if I have explained well.

Health

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
06/05/2017 6:40 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

It is an insulin that can be administered even, just after eating.I intuit it very interesting.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
06/05/2017 10:21 a.m.

Humalog already put it 15 minutes after eating so I don't know how such, when I get the glutoneria ...: D

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/05/2017 4:27 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala wanted to tell the endo on the next visit to try the humalog out of curiosity, I have been with Novorapid for more than 10 years and I would like to see if there is a lot of difference, you have always been with Humalog ..?To compare.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/05/2017 8:40 p.m.

@Sigasuer, when the rapids first with acrapid came out and then a porrón of years with Humalg and now I put humalog in the meals and novorapid Penfill (novorapid but with half units) for the corrections (it is that a unit lowers me around85)
It gives me the sensation by comparing one with the other that the humalog is faster, the effect begins before, the novorapid seems to me more slowly and faster ..
I humbled it after eating unless it is high because many times it has happened to me to be eating and descended to song ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/05/2017 8:51 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you @gala if it is faster than novorapid I think I will try it because now at breakfast and food I put it as a general rule 15 mts before.Since I have tried threeiba and toujeo, once you have to continue with it.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/05/2017 9:20 p.m.

The eternal doubt ... sugar or hydrates?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/04/2017 4:25 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

cakemin said:
helkiya.
To me my endo told me that if I left outside and I did not know what I was going to eat exactly that after eating I made a calculation above the hydrates and from there I put the fast one. If I stay short, then correctly correct.
In the MC Donalds, for example, I find a sheet with the values ​​of all the menus, that is ideal because if you usually eat the same before going you already know the portions, sometimes we go with the chrios and I have already told me about home.
Greetings.

I don't understand, forgiveness, don't you click the fast insulin before eating?Do you do it later?How long later?I want to go on Sunday to a restaurant, for the first time since I am a diabetic, and I have a mess that I do not know how to do it ... I also have a tremendous mess with a wedding that I have to go, I have no idea of ​​what IThat they will feed us, and I don't know how to proceed.

Already put, and forgive for so much question: In a restaurant, do you wait for the food to bring you and with the dish you already go to the service to do the hair measurement and inject the quick?If you inject it before, I have not understood how you do it ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/05/2017 4:42 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Owash said:
is simple ...

What glycemia rises are carbohydrates: everything that is born from Earth + milk (flours, tubers, vegetables, sugar, fruits, rice and a long etc.)
At first set only on them, then there will be time to refine much more (fats, absorption index ...)

The theory is:

10 gr.Carbohydrates are 1 ration
1 ration is equivalent to 1 ultrarapid insulin unit (Apidra, Novorapid, Humalog)

How do we know the amount of hydrates?

- If the food is not packaged we have to look and learn from tables that exist on the Internet or in brochures
- If the food is packaged the container usually gives us that information

3 rule, for those of the LOGSE :))

Let's say the cookies are 60 gr.of carbohydrates per 100 gr.Product total.
We weigh 1 cookie: 20 gr.

If every 100 GR ------------- are 60 of hydrates
20 gr.of cookie ------------------ XXXX

Here are mathematics:
We multiply 20 by 60, which gives us 1200 ...... and we divide it by the total 100 gr (1200/100) ... It gives us 12 gr.

12 gr.Carbohydrates would have 1 cookie
that is, we would need 1 unit and a little more ultra -granted insulin ... because every 10 gr.of carbohydrates equivalent, theory, 1 ultra -opide insulin unit.

This is the initial theory ... Each is a world and absorption can vary slightly ... but it is the only way to start controlling multidosis insulin.

Doubt?

On the last visit, the endocrine told me that the sensitivity factor (I told him that I wanted to find out mine) is not reliable because he is varying, and he did not explain how to find out, so you doubt, many.

Thanks for your explanation.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/05/2017 5:06 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

mead said:

This will be impossible for me.I also still do not understand: if before eating I am 147, for example, according to my endocrine I must inject 8 novorapid units before starting eating my diabetic diet food, but instead of the strict diet that the doctor has put me, I would like to eat the Burguer King menu that the companion has put, would I have to add at least 10 units to my 8 units?I mean, inject at least (having no more than hydrates) 18 fast units, and I would be short of insulin ...

I will never get it ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/05/2017 5:19 p.m.

18 insulin units, in a single dose, it seems to me a pass of quantity ... In my case, if I put those units suddenly, I think KO ended up regardless of what eate ...

fer's profile photo
fer
07/05/2017 5:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.