{'en': 'Calculation of rations', 'es': 'Cálculo de raciones'} Image

Calculation of rations

cakemgia's profile photo   05/25/2010 9:17 a.m.

monica_ltd said:
hello, Hello,

There is one thing you are not taking into account.Rations are not raw foods as cooked.You must take this into account.For example, in the potato tortilla when cooking the potato potato potatoes (it is worth so much joint potato) it decomposes and elevates carbohydrates.With the pasta the same happens, when cooking and depending on the degree of cooking we raise the HC content.
!!

In case the subject was not quite complicated ... please ... with the depression and anxiety that I have already think if it had not been better to go to the shit ... than to live like this, and annoy myself in this wayFamily that also suffers the consequences of my diabetes.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/05/2017 5:33 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

fer said:
18 insulin units, in a single dose, seems to me a pass of quantity ... In my case, if I hit those units, I think I finish ko no matterToo much what you eat ...

Well, how would it be done?Because if the capillary measurement corresponds to me 8 units of fast before eating, and I would like to eat that hamburger to which they correspond at least 10 units (it is an example, nor do I like hamburgers) are 18 novorapid units.

Before meals, they correspond to me between 8 and 10 novorapid units according to my glucose, in front of a diabetic diet meal.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/05/2017 6:07 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

@"Emily"

Give yourself time to learn and assimilate all concepts.To those who have been for 20 years as I find everything very easy because we have grown up with it, but to start everything a world is made.Diabetes is very emotional and will control them much better if you shut up and try to encourage you.You are in a phase through which we have all passed;There is no other, but encouragement, because you like everyone else, you can with it.

I would tell you to wait to see the food plate on the table when you go to a restaurant;Do not put it before (I never do it, I prefer to see it): there is online and for this forum some guide in which photographs of meals and the rations that are;That can be useful, especially away from home, when there is no weight and the eye must be put into practice.Compare a little and don't get over.Think that you can always correct if you are high, there is no major problem.When you have more fast insulin control you will know how to proceed better at a wedding or a long meal in which dishes do not stop out in a long time ... hahaha

I insist you don't have to overwhelm.Give yourself that this in the end ends up "of the house" (because there is no more egg ...).

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/05/2017 6:44 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

10.67 insulin units .... The diabetic diet comes 6 rations of hydrate according to another message of yours and the endocrine tells you that they are 8 of insulin if you are below 140 mg/dl or 10 units if stay above.8/6 = 1.33 UD RATION
A hamburger are approx 4 rations and the potatoes are at least another 3 or 4 servings, so we put 8 rations the menu, which gives you 8x1.33 = 10.6 insulin units ... that is, 11 units for that menu.If you are above 140, 1 unit is always added, that is, 12 units.
If at 2 hours of eating in menu you are in 180 or more, put a dose of 1 unit or 2 quick to lower that value.
So they explained it to me

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2017 10:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

emily said:

Well, how would it be done?Because if the capillary measurement corresponds to me 8 units of fast before eating, and I would like to eat that hamburger to which they correspond at least 10 units (it is an example, nor do I like hamburgers) are 18 novorapid units.

@emily, each person is different, in my case, I would prefer to put myself twice, although in the total I could reach 18, the point is that hamburgers (for example of the McDonalds), carry many fats and proteins, so thatThe digestion becomes eternal, and if I put me suddenly, I would give me a safe downturn, and then shoot, in this case, I would distribute at the beginning of the food and then at the hour and a half, verifying the glucose.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/05/2017 10:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@"Emily" I think he is confusing concepts.One thing is the guideline they give you to always carry the same insulin and portions units.That is what you talk about 8u if I am so much in the capillary measurement, +1 if I am above x ... etc.And another thing is if you calculate units depending on what you are going to eat.That is, those 8 units do not have to add it to the rations of the food, but are a fixed guideline, to always eat the same portions.And if you are going to calculate rations and depending on that to put the insulin, you will have to calculate 0, and then correct if the capillary measurement gives you over 140, or 150, or what the endocrine has recommended you.
Example.We are going to eat a hamburger that they are, let's put, 5 rations.Suppose that each insulin unit serves you to cover 1 ruling (which seems that it is not for what Ruthbia comments, but well it is an example, to simplify it).Then it would be 5 units to put on.Well, but we make hair measurement and gives us 160. As we are above 140 (or 150) because we add +1 (total 6 units).If you were above 190-200, then +2 .... (total 7 units).Suppose the measurement gives us 120 for example, or 80. Well, you just have to put on the 5 units and eat the hamburger.

Then we would come into that as @Fer says for the theme of fats and others with the hamburger it is likely that it does not go very well, and then you have to put insulin again, but well, that is already "advanced" knowledge, for nowWith you learning to measure rations and calculate dose I think it is going well.

The comment of @"Ruthbia" is more correct, that is, adapted to the real units that you seem to need, but well I did this also in case you see it clearer and among the 2 you catch it.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
07/06/2017 11:54 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

jpr said:
@"emily"

Give yourself time to learn and assimilate all concepts.To those who have been for 20 years as I find everything very easy because we have grown up with it, but to start everything a world is made.Diabetes is very emotional and will control them much better if you shut up and try to encourage you.You are in a phase through which we have all passed;There is no other, but encouragement, because you like everyone else, you can with it.

I would tell you to wait to see the food plate on the table when you go to a restaurant;Do not put it before (I never do it, I prefer to see it): there is online and for this forum some guide in which photographs of meals and the rations that are;That can be useful, especially away from home, when there is no weight and the eye must be put into practice.Compare a little and don't get over.Think that you can always correct if you are high, there is no major problem.When you have more fast insulin control you will know how to proceed better at a wedding or a long meal in which dishes do not stop out in a long time ... hahaha

I insist you don't have to overwhelm.Give yourself that this in the end ends up "of the house" (because there is no more egg ...).

Thanks for your kind words :)

Well, I can't wait to have good control of the fast to face a wedding, because I have the food in a restaurant next Sunday, and the wedding next week:/

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/06/2017 1:11 p.m.

ruthbia said:
10.67 insulin units .... the diabetic diet comes 6 rations of hydrate according to another message of yours and the endocrine tells you that they are 8 of insulin if you are below 140 mg/dlor 10 units if stay above.8/6 = 1.33 UD RATION
A hamburger are approx 4 rations and the potatoes are at least another 3 or 4 servings, so we put 8 rations the menu, which gives you 8x1.33 = 10.6 insulin units ... that is, 11 units for that menu.If you are above 140, 1 unit is always added, that is, 12 units.
If at 2 hours of eating in menu you are in 180 or more, put a dose of 1 unit or 2 quick to lower that value.
So they explained it to my

Have I said that in the diabetic diet as 6 units of hydrates?No doctor has told me about hydrates units.Unfortunately to me.

Thank you :)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/06/2017 1:16 p.m.

myxron said:
@"emily" I think you are confusing concepts.One thing is the guideline they give you to always carry the same insulin and portions units.That is what you talk about 8u if I am so much in the capillary measurement, +1 if I am above x ... etc.And another thing is if you calculate units depending on what you are going to eat.That is, those 8 units do not have to add it to the rations of the food, but are a fixed guideline, to always eat the same portions.And if you are going to calculate rations and depending on that to put the insulin, you will have to calculate 0, and then correct if the capillary measurement gives you over 140, or 150, or what the endocrine has recommended you.
Example.We are going to eat a hamburger that they are, let's put, 5 rations.Suppose that each insulin unit serves you to cover 1 ruling (which seems that it is not for what Ruthbia comments, but well it is an example, to simplify it).Then it would be 5 units to put on.Well, but we make hair measurement and gives us 160. As we are above 140 (or 150) because we add +1 (total 6 units).If you were above 190-200, then +2 .... (total 7 units).Suppose the measurement gives us 120 for example, or 80. Well, you just have to put on the 5 units and eat the hamburger.

Then we would come into that as @Fer says for the theme of fats and others with the hamburger it is likely that it does not go very well, and then you have to put insulin again, but well, that is already "advanced" knowledge, for nowWith you learning to measure rations and calculate dose I think it is going well.

The comment of @"Ruthbia" is more correct, that is, adapted to the real units that you seem to need, but well I did this also in case you see it clearer and among the 2 you catch it.

I catch it, thanks :) But I still don't know what my insulin sensitivity factor is, the doctor has not wanted to tell me how to find out because he states that it is useless since sensitivity varies, it is not always the same.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/06/2017 1:27 p.m.

Hello @"emily", because that is the first thing you should try to solve, because an endocrine who does not want to give you the sensitivity factor and tell you that it is useless .... it gives me that or does not have muchIdea or lives in the past.(The same in other things of endocrinology is good, but in type1 diabetes ...).Of course, it varies, but that is why you have to know her and be attentive to her.And of course, throughout the day it is different, so it makes no sense to have fixed guidelines and it is better to really adapt to each meal and act differently (bone that contradicts a little seems to me).
I was going to try to explode how to calculate it, but I have found a post, in which at the end of all an endocrine user explains it quite well.-> Link

In the end it is the experience that will give you the sensitivity/ratio factor in each section of the day, point in the table and see how it goes with each meal, calculation and measurement is what makes you learn and adjust.
Well I hope it serves you, greetings.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
07/06/2017 2:01 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

myxron said:
hello @"emily", because that is the first thing you should try to solve, because an endocrine that does not want to give you the sensitivity factor and that tells you that it is useless.... It gives me that or does not have much idea or lives in the past.(The same in other things of endocrinology is good, but in type1 diabetes ...).Of course, it varies, but that is why you have to know her and be attentive to her.And of course, throughout the day it is different, so it makes no sense to have fixed guidelines and it is better to really adapt to each meal and act differently (bone that contradicts a little seems to me).
I was going to try to explode how to calculate it, but I have found a post, in which at the end of all an endocrine user explains it quite well.-& GT; Link

In the end it is the experience that will give you the sensitivity/ratio factor in each section of the day, point in the table and see how it goes with each meal, calculation and measurement is what makes you learn and adjust.
Well I hope it serves you, greetings.

Thank you so much.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/06/2017 2:26 p.m.

@"Emily" I read that you ate a salad, some potato, a piece of bread, some protein (meat or fish) and fruit.That is the diet that gave me like you (I spend it) when debuting and corresponds to 6 rations.As the endo tells you to get 8, I made that account.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/06/2017 8:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@"emily" I read that you ate a salad, some potato, a piece of bread, some protein (meat or fish) and fruit.That is the diet that gave me like you (I spend it) when debuting and corresponds to 6 rations.As the endo tells you to get 8, I made that account.

Ah, but not like all that at the same time, if as a potato or rice not as bread, and vice versa, the fruit as only occasionally, a small piece of the allowed fruits.

Thanks Ruthbia.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/06/2017 8:47 p.m.

I have given him unintentionally.

I have looked at the diet that attached to me, in mine does not put to how many rations every meal is equivalent.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/06/2017 8:54 p.m.

Start little by little .., first controls the house diet, and then you are already making extras.
Points what you eat and you see the dose you need.
The wedding takes it as an essay.
You can measure yourself before sitting, and put the insulin with the first dish the same at home.When you arrive in dessert you can put two more units.
You will take the trick to do it at the same table without being noticed ..
And two hours after finishing you, if necessary, with a unit, and so you know what lowers you
It is learning peacefully ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/07/2017 2:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They told me in the pharmacy that was to discontinue the glucometer of Roche Accucchek Active and that did not remove many glucose strips
In Roche they answered that it is not like that and that the strips are used for new models in which the only thing that changes is in having a USB connection to overturn the data and play with them with curves and that
And my 30 -year -old apparatus had a life guarantee so I will continue with those strips
I also comment on the matter of potatoes or potatoes and they didn't know anything

mario69's profile photo
mario69
07/10/2017 3:04 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

I had read that I could use the glucometer to measure the glucose of a potato type

mario69's profile photo
mario69
07/10/2017 3:48 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
71 años 88kg 1,72.

In case the subject was not quite complicated ... please ... with the depression and anxiety that I have already think if it had not been better to go to the shit ... than to live like this, and annoy myself in this wayFamily that also suffers the consequences of my diabetes.
##########

I also feel like that sometimes
That leads us to errors that increase glycemia by stress and if we go out of CH the thing worsens
Then we go to the other side and so
It is a disease that requires a lot of balance and I would say that it teaches to live by obligation
I don't know how other diseases will be
It is not my case to have a person or family next to the issue of calculations and that the task relieves us
That is why sometimes he wants to stop being badly to the m ...
And not everyone has the ease of consulting in these forums and interpreting what is said
In my case I have the necessary studies to do so and the taste for mathematical calculations and nutrition issues
My retiree condition makes the necessary time
I don't know your case
If you work and you are a child's mother must be difficult without help
I asked my diabetologist for any pill for those moments when you want to abandon everything
I gave me Alplax 0.5 but I rarely take it because I don't know if it becomes essential and it would be worse

mario69's profile photo
mario69
07/10/2017 3:52 p.m.

Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Abott has a plastic quacharón with painted stripes that indicate how much two rations of rice, pasta, legumes, potatoes etc etc ...
At first I used a scale that I bought online.Each food has a code.You put the code, weight the food, and tells you how many carbohydrates it has.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/10/2017 5:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Emily" gave me that diet to start learning to combine food.They set me insulin for those hydrates and then I have learned to eat less, what I want and know how to put the right dose (although I also mistaken from time to time)
It has not hurt me but I understand that each endocrine has its booklet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2017 10:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.