{'en': 'Calculation of rations', 'es': 'Cálculo de raciones'} Image

Calculation of rations

cakemgia's profile photo   05/25/2010 9:17 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I am entering the world of spending the day telling rations, looking tags ... to calculate the fast insulin and the same doubt always arises.

How do you calculate the potato omelette, when the weighing is finished, do you calculate the weight of the potatoes before frying them ???

It may seem nonsense, but it will go crazy :))

Thanks for your help !!

PS: I also have it for dinner today: Oops: :))

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
05/25/2010 9:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The best thing is to weigh the potatoes before doing it, and so you know how many hydrates will carry the complete tortilla.
After done, you can weigh it again, knowing how many hydrates it has, and thus be able to calculate, weighing the portions, with a simple rule of three.
For example, to weigh the potatoes it gives you that the tortilla is going to carry 10 rations of hydrates.
After made, the omelet weighs 400 grs, suppose.As a rule, every 40 grs of tortilla would be a ration.If you take a piece that weighs 120 grs, it would be 3 servings.
I don't know if I have explained well.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/25/2010 9:28 a.m.

You have explained to perfection!
Thanks Alea.

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
05/25/2010 9:38 a.m.

And for the Russian salad, the cannelloni, lasagna ect ........ do you do the same ?????

I had not occurred to me to do that, what a good idea !!!!!

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/25/2010 11:18 a.m.

Yes, Virginia.I even do it with the donuts.Weight each ingredient that carries hydrates and adds everything until you have the total of hydrates.Then weight the whole of the food made and already calculate with the rule of three.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/25/2010 11:29 a.m.

And a question, that it lies a lot ... if for example ... you go out to dinEverywhere, then ... how do you calculate the bleeo?I am that for example, if I eat an example a chicken with almonds of the Chinese, do not calculate it well, or know how many hydrates it carries ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
05/26/2010 6:47 a.m.

Hi Kekiya.
To me my endo told me that if I left outside and I did not know what I was going to eat exactly that after eating I made a calculation above the hydrates and from there I put the fast one. If I stay short, then correctly correct.
In the MC Donalds, for example, I find a sheet with the values ​​of all the menus, that is ideal because if you usually eat the same before going you already know the portions, sometimes we go with the chrios and I have already told me about home.
All the best.

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
05/26/2010 7:01 a.m.

Well, by eye;), then measure themselves to correct whether we fail and ready ...

DiabetesForo
05/26/2010 7:02 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
This Friday the educator explains the issue of rationBoleo, because it is not yet counted by rations
I lite myself, if it were to do for my alone, well, but I do the food for my husband TB, and we eat the same, that quite a while I throw in the kitchen to make 2 meals, and ufff until it takes the trickTo all this, it will cost me
Already putting insulin in the ration of hydrates, I see it complicated, but hey, when the trick takes, I will have everything dominated: D: D: D: D: D: D: D
Chaoooooo

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/26/2010 5:05 p.m.

The theme of the Chinese is complicated by the sauces ... I try to avoid almost all the sauces ... although I am more from Japanese and Sushi: Mrgreen:

Each one has their own tricks ... The experience is what is worth ... For example, you can calculate the pasta or rice amounts that you eat depending on the plate.

This video I think can help you:

DiabetesForo
05/27/2010 6:03 a.m.

Hello good!!!
Well yesterday I had an appointment with the endocrine nurse ... and nothing, I asked for a hydrates table, to learn to tell them and do things well ... and my mother, what seems to me. It is that you do not believe that you do not believe that you do not believe that youI taught me a lot, he simply told me: a ration equals 10gr ....
And it is already there, look for life.I know ... I overwhelm me a little. I will buy a tilting to start, little by little.
The 3 rule seems to me a very good idea, it is more, it seems very simple ... but I must be very short,: oops :: oops: and the problem with the potato tortilla lia me a little ....If that mathematics are killed!: Oops :: oops: :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
05/27/2010 6:38 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
Kekiya, tomorrow I have, to see that he tells me, but from what I see it seems like a roll .. I bought a weight a month ago, although in the end I imagine that we will know how to measure the eye, Ajajajaja
Someone already explained, I didn't understand much about the omelet, do not believe, I am not from Mates, that I am from letters, hahaha
MUXUSSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/27/2010 11:24 a.m.

Take a look at that website.There you have a fairly simple and complete explanation.

If you have doubts, to ask, we will try to explain it even better.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/27/2010 11:45 a.m.

It is simple ...

What glycemia rises are carbohydrates: everything that is born from Earth + milk (flours, tubers, vegetables, sugar, fruits, rice and a long etc.)
At first set only on them, then there will be time to refine much more (fats, absorption index ...)

The theory is:

10 gr.Carbohydrates are 1 ration
1 ration is equivalent to 1 ultrarapid insulin unit (Apidra, Novorapid, Humalog)

How do we know the amount of hydrates?

- If the food is not packaged we have to look and learn from tables that exist on the Internet or in brochures
- If the food is packaged the container usually gives us that information

3 rule, for those of the LOGSE :))

Let's say the cookies are 60 gr.of carbohydrates per 100 gr.Product total.
We weigh 1 cookie: 20 gr.

If every 100 GR ------------- are 60 of hydrates
20 gr.of cookie ------------------ XXXX

Here are mathematics:
We multiply 20 by 60, which gives us 1200 ...... and we divide it by the total 100 gr (1200/100) ... It gives us 12 gr.

12 gr.Carbohydrates would have 1 cookie
that is, we would need 1 unit and a little more ultra -granted insulin ... because every 10 gr.of carbohydrates equivalent, theory, 1 ultra -opide insulin unit.

This is the initial theory ... Each is a world and absorption can vary slightly ... but it is the only way to start controlling multidosis insulin.

Doubts?

DiabetesForo
05/27/2010 12:29 p.m.

ole there Owash !!!!

perfect!!!!This is nice to learn things !!!!hehehehe ... but that is the part say ... simple..jeje.imagina the example of the tortilla ... that if you have to weigh the potatoes before frying, that if then ... obviously, weights theTotal weight of the tortilla and the hydrates of the whole omelet, peeeero ... You already have in that rule of three to divide by the grams that you are going to Zampar, the tortilla will not be whole !!that if then you have to weigh it after fried the tortilla ... and what weights, the fried potatoes or the portion already made of tortilla ???Hahahaha, Q dizzy :)) :))
The same would happen for example with a cake, right?hahaha
Thanks for all guys, you help me almost more than my nurse !!!Many times I cut me asking it so absurd, that I look like it !! hahaha, but it is something novel for me, I am a rookie in this, and I want to do everything possible, and if you can lend me a hand with my doubts... Well better than better, right?Hehehe, what was said, thank you very much

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
05/27/2010 2:34 p.m.

Do not complicate, Kekiya.
You weigh the potatoes before and calculate the hydrates that the tortilla will have in total.
Once done, it will have the same hydrates.So, you can do two things: or weight again the whole omelette and then calculate weighing each piece, or simpler, divide the total hydrates of the tortilla between the pieces in which the parties.
That is, if an omelette has, for example, 30 rations of hydrates, and the parts in 6 pieces, each piece would have 5 portions.
If the parts in 10 pieces, each piece would have 3 portions ... and so it is easy.First the total and then divide.
Of course, ensure that the pieces are more or less of the same size.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/27/2010 2:50 p.m.

Well good good .... Well, I tell you what happened to me:
Or I am not good telling rations ... or I do not know what happens. I tell you: today to eat, we have decided several coworkers go to eat at Burguer King.Well, looking at the hydrates in a nutritional table online, which I put here:

WHOPPER®
Portion 216 g.
Calories 710
Total fat (g) 43
Saturated fat (g) 13
Cholesterol (mg) 85
Sodium (mg) 980
Carbohydrates (g) 52
Dietary fiber (g) 4
Sugars (g) 11
Proteins (g) 31
Vitamin A (%) 6
Vitamin C (%) 6
Calcium (%) 25
Iron (%) 25

French fries

PORTION 117 g.
Calories 360
Total fat (g) 18
Saturated fat (g) 5
Cholesterol (mg) 0
Sodium (mg) 640
Carbohydrates (g) 46
Dietary fiber (g) 4
Sugars (g) 1
Proteins (g) 4
Vitamin A (%) 0
Vitamin C (%) 15
Calcium (%) 2
Iron (%) 4

That is, a whoopper menu, hamburger + potatoes.According to the hydrates in the table (52 hamburger+46 potatoes) in total they would be = 98 hydrates, which in insulin units would equal 10 units of fast insulin.
Well ... I thought that 10 units would be little for a hamburger menu, and I got 18. Well, 2 and a half hours after eating, with my 18 units and everything ... I had 240 !!!!!!
So ... what does not work?What do I do wrong?My mother, how complicated this ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
05/28/2010 1:46 p.m.

You do not do anything wrong, what happens is that you only take into account carbohydrates but that must be added, the fats that slow the assimilation of hydrates and meat that although late also influences glucose, more everything allwhat is in that hamburger that best not know hehehe .....
That is, telling hydrates helps us but you also have to take into account other variables and you will see that with the experience ....: Mrgreen :: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
05/28/2010 1:52 p.m.

But you've eaten 1 or 2 whoopper :?:?:: :)) :))

As Prado says, you have to take into account the slow absorption produced by fat ...

Have you eaten something else?dessert, coffee ...
What blood glucose was before eating ???

DiabetesForo
05/28/2010 2:18 p.m.

Uffff, with 8 more units he gave you 240: shock: you had ketchup, sauces, dessert ... something. The fats at the moment I also even tell them, I am starting with the hydrates, but it could be that if she puts 8 ofBut when were it only 10 so high?

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
05/28/2010 3:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.