{'en': 'Doubt Lantus', 'es': 'Duda lantus'} Image

Doubt Lantus

Beauty's profile photo   01/23/2011 5:46 p.m.

Freestyle is not going to solve anything, first you have to adjust Lantus.When you get it, start with the fast breakfast, then with food and then dinner.It takes time is not achieved in a single day since in each step you should look three or four days.When you are in this process it would be convenient for always taking the same amounts of HC so you will know if it is the dose then you will raise doses if you eat more or go down if you eat less HC.
As you are so overwhelmed and in the SS they do not give you guidelines sees the private and so a professional can help you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/23/2016 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Anaisabel.Yes, but the private one told me to first put the pot and then it ... a question.You say that the lantus must first adjust.But without putting quickly at the beginning?His doctor put 14 units to start, at night, we got them down because they gave him nighttime and now he is with 12 of Lantus in the morning.I have read in some post that would be half slow and half fast but we are putting 12 slowly and 12 to 14 of reapidate distributed in the three meals.What scares me is that you go to bed with 170 and get up with 239, I don't understand what is happening there!Maybe it has been not putting the slow night and already directly put the 12 units in the morning ... I will continue to observe.Today it has been up for the top ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/23/2016 4:44 p.m.

If he gets up high, looked good, upload another Lantus unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/23/2016 7:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ay thanks Regina!

DiabetesForo
11/23/2016 7:29 p.m.

But how can the sugar climb him so much at night if he does not eat?Dinner at 20.30 before he had 210 and we put 4 fast and did not put the slow for the first time to change it in the morning.At 22'30 it was 170 and at 11 p.m.

DiabetesForo
11/23/2016 7:33 p.m.

I got up at 9 in the morning with 239!

DiabetesForo
11/23/2016 7:34 p.m.

Another thing I don't understand is that you tell me to put more doses so you don't have nightlife.Isn't there the most insulin, the more hypos risk?

DiabetesForo
11/23/2016 7:37 p.m.

If dinner and at two hours the fast is well regulated, and when the quick one does not act it is done and if it gets up high, it is necessary to climb (Lantus).
When you are regulating the lantus you have to keep injecting quickly.The Lantus acts 24h (in theory) the rapid 3 or 4h.
I do not understand that a doctor tells you that you must first put the freestyle.Until a few years ago it did not exist and we have "survived."It's just my opinion, but I think the first thing is to adjust doses.As we always say we are a world.

Anaisabel
11/23/2016 8:52 p.m.

Let's see .., if you have nocturnal hypos, it is too slow.
But if you wake up high, you have to climb the slow one.
If you wake up high for two days in a row, a slow unit goes up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/23/2016 9:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

My personal case ..
My son had been raising a180 for several days, but then all the perfect day controls.Well, last night I upload one of Lantus, from 9 to 10, and dawns in 230, also then reaches food to 180, when it is normal for 120 to reach 120, and at dinner it reaches 200, when it is normal that it is normal for it toI arrive at120 too.
What happens?
I will put 9 tonight again, because what I think will have happened is that it is after Lantus, and produces rebounds.

Another thing.
How long you have open the lantus, because injected 10 a day the ball lasts almost a month, to me the lantus at 20 days begins to make less effect.

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
11/23/2016 10:04 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

The X files in diabetes exist.When a change is made it is good to keep it for several days.If you change one day if and another you can never adjust the doses well.

Anaisabel
11/24/2016 1:36 p.m.

Thanks Anisabel and Regina.Another question, I don't know if the fast night is badly tight because if before dinner it is 174 and two hours later it has 100 .... I understand that the good thing is that before dinner it has less than 140 and two hours laterNo more than 180-200.So, the logical would be that two hours later I had the highest?
I thank you very much of your help, I feel a plasta!

DiabetesForo
11/24/2016 4:50 p.m.

After dinner if it is less than 180 it is fine.100 perfect.
174 Before dinner it is a tall pelin, there is slow or if you get into and it happened.

Anaisabel
11/24/2016 6:07 p.m.

I agree with Anaisabel, 100 for dinner for me is perfect, because it allows you
Regarding whether it is right or badly adjusted, if you have punctured a unit of more quick

Antonio Alarcon
11/24/2016 8:53 p.m.

DM3

As I was at 100, a cookie was taken at about 11 to avoid declines, that's the famous right?Well, dawned at 9 with 190.I'll wait a few days and go up one more unit?

DiabetesForo
11/25/2016 9:45 a.m.

I do not understand your comment tlt 70 we have no guidelines and we are completely eye.I have nothing clear, just that the lantus when he punctured it at night, had descended and that is why we have spent it in the morning.And I have learned, thanks to Regina, that if you get up with the high sugar it is because you have to climb the slow ...

DiabetesForo
11/25/2016 9:53 a.m.

I don't know if he will understand something he wants to read it!

DiabetesForo
11/25/2016 9:54 a.m.

I'm going to tell you about what I do.
Once I know the amount of slow that is going well, according to glycemia when waking and before each meal (which are below 140), then calculate the HDC that I want my son to eat up to date, in my case 25 HDC daily,(My son is 14 years old), I cast them according to meals, in my case 4 at breakfast, 2 in lunch, 9 in food, 2 in snack, 7 at dinner, and 1 in recent (do not be scared that this is done aloneThe first time you make the settings, then no longer calculate).
Then finally adjust the fast dose that is put on breakfast, food and dinner, in my case right now 4-4- and 5.
Well, now what you didn't understand is coming.
This is adjusted based on glycemia before each meal between 100, and 150, any measure superior to this before each meal is compensated with rapid insulin at the rate of 1 unit for every 50 of blood glucose above 150.
That is, if for dinner I would normally put 5U, and instead of having before dinner between 100 and 150, it has between 150 and 200 it is 6u quickly, instead of 5, and with this it compensates with 1 unit the valueHigh before dinner.
Of course, having the same, that is, in my case the same 7 rations of HDC.

I don't know if I have explained, because I worsen a lot
I repeat, this is what we do, but I am not endocrine, only this serves as a contribution, not as law.

Antonio Alarcon
11/25/2016 11:48 a.m.

DM3

I think it's fine.Do not climb the lantus more if it does not go from 180 when you wake up.Maybe he doesn't need it right, if they no longer give him hypos at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2016 5:04 p.m.

Oh, Michisimas, thank you very much TLT70 and Regina!You have clarified a lot.To tell the hydrates seems difficult for me, the truth, our doctor has never said that, only that eat healththe forum).The doctor is only worried about the descents, he says that as he is 79, he is no longer going to sporate .... Thing that bursts me!
We point out everything he eats for our appointment with the endocrine in January.The situation is difficult, because she lives in her house, with a psychic son, and with a lady who is with her 8 h.I need an intern or come to my house, but he does not want for his son, who is quite difficult to live and does not want to leave him alone ...
Anyway, little by little, I will start investigating the hydrates.
If Regina, for now I will leave it in 13 slowly because I see that we make too many changes and need a little stability and an organism of 14 (surely wonderful) Q one of 79 will not be the same!You have helped me a lot!

DiabetesForo
11/26/2016 11:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.