{'en': 'Doubt Lantus', 'es': 'Duda lantus'} Image

Doubt Lantus

Beauty's profile photo   01/23/2011 5:46 p.m.

Fer I have read there that there is a white paper on diabetes written by diabetics.Let's see if I get it!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/27/2016 6:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you are high all day you can upload a Lantus unit, provided you have margin to avoid hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2016 7:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Today she has had her great, but she is worse than ever .... I have found a great guide on the Internet called Diabetes and Educadores guide.It is fantastic, it is clarifying a lot and I realize silly failures that we make daily.REGINA GEACIAS!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/28/2016 12:44 a.m.

Beauty said:
I put on lantus at night.I do my normal dinner, but before going to bed I have to take something if I do not want me to give me a night downturn, the case is that I need to have more than 200 to get up well.

I told the endocrine to lower a couple of units La Lantus and readjust the others, but he told me about moving the dinner lantus for food.I really see that more complicated because to eat I do not have a fixed hour, in the afternoon I usually play sports and bassinally, I don't know what to do.

How do you adjust in these cases?

Diabetes control t v's profile photo
Diabetes control t v
12/03/2016 2:10 a.m.

You can spend it in the morning, it usually goes much better so they don't give hypos at night

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/04/2016 12:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It is going down and climbing depends on how you get up in the morning.

Josénriq's profile photo
Josénriq
12/08/2016 4:19 p.m.

For not opening a new topic, he resumed to expose my question.
Basal insulin, in this case Lantus, as it behaves when regulating night blood glucose?, That is, low blood glucose to which you have?, Or maintains a constant level of blood glucose regardless of the value you have?.
I give an example for you to understand the question.
My son lies with 190 at 23:30, and gets up at 9:30 yesterday with 120
Last night he lies with 130 at 23.30, and gets up at 9:30 today with 130
I have already observed on other occasions that this happens many times, if it is on a streak of getting up well, it does not matter what to bed, gets up at the same figure, and if you catch a streak of getting up high, even if you go to bedAt 110, he gets up high.

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
12/09/2016 3:56 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

The Lantus is not very predictable, and at that ages, less.
The new slow insulins, such as Toujeo, are better.
If you get up for more than three days, getting off well, you will have to go up the slow one.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2016 2:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.