{'en': 'Doubt Lantus', 'es': 'Duda lantus'} Image

Doubt Lantus

Beauty's profile photo   01/23/2011 5:46 p.m.

A solution is to delay the lantus, put it about 2-3 hours after eating ... Thus the last hours would be covered by the ultra-grade insulin of the food, you would not have toprick 1 more and would eliminate the hypos.

The Lantus does not start to take effect from 2 hours of having put it on?So, if I put it at 5pm until 7pm it does not start, so I will be from 4pm (snack and end of the rapid) until 19h without any effect?I will be one more day with the same guideline and I will try to put it in the snack to see how it goes.

Muxas thanks Owash !!!!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/29/2012 5:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

The effect of the Lantus begins since it is punctured, "taking power" until 2 hours that is the time where its "cruise speed" reaches and remains in that power for 18, 20 or 24 hours depending on user.
Theoretically it is a flat profile, without action peaks.

That is, it begins little by little, the first 2 hours do not have much hypoglycemic power ... although it is not that it has much more later.

The advantage of putting it in the afternoon, is that more insulin sensitivity is usually had in the afternoon-night than in the morning, so that small time interval can be sufficient.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2012 1:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The effect of the Lantus begins since it is punctured, "taking power" until 2 hours that is the time where its "cruise speed" reaches and remains in thatPower for 18, 20 or 24 hours depending on user.

That is, it begins little by little, the first 2 hours do not have much hypoglycemic power ... although it is not that it has much more later.

The advantage of putting it in the afternoon, is that more insulin sensitivity is usually had in the afternoon-night than in the morning, so that small time interval can be sufficient.

>
Hi Owash!I have been putting the lantus for 3 days about 4pm, more or less the 2 hours of having eaten and it happens to me that arriving well, with 110 and without snack.So I don't understand why glycemia is uploading to me if I have already put the lantus:-/:-/:-/
Any idea?

Greetings: D: D: D

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/05/2012 8:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Will you need more doses?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/05/2012 11:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The effect of the lantus begins since it is punctured, it is" taking power "until the 2 hourswhere it reaches its "cruise speed" and remains in that power for 18, 20 or 24 hours depending on user.

>
Hi Owash!I have been putting the lantus for 3 days about 4pm, more or less the 2 hours of having eaten and it happens to me that arriving well, with 110 and without snack.So I don't understand why glycemia is uploading to me if I have already put the lantus:-/:-/:-/
Any idea?

Greetings: D: D: D

I understand that at 2 hours after eating are 110, about 4 pm, then you wear the Lantus.
At 18.30 you are 190, that is, 4.30 hours after eating and 2.30 hours after the lantus.

Is that so?

Theoretically, from the 14 hours you eat until 17 hours, more or less, you have glycemia with the ultrarapide +the final tail of Lantus.
It should not upload so much, it is exaggerated that in just 2 hours the glycemia 80 mg/dl raises you without eating anything.

In any case, the modifications in the insulins take something to take effect ... to me the changes with Lantus took almost 1 week to take effect.

DiabetesForo
05/05/2012 1:37 p.m.

Thank you very much Owash, I will be a few more days with the same guideline (Lantus at 4pm) to see if I manage to see where the failure is or stabilizes.
Regina: I had thought about getting 2 units but that in the morning I also arrived, I will wake up today at 3 to see how I am.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/05/2012 5:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

You can upload a single unit, as long as you don't have hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/05/2012 7:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello again!!
I continue with the same problem and I am throwing my hair ... I put it at 4pm and it seems to have no effect during the next 2-3 hours, since it goes up throughout the afternoon.An example: 16h snack (202 glycemia + no snack + 2 fast + 20 of lantus), 18h (174), dinner 21h (195 ?????).And at night in general I go to bed well and also get up well.And then there is the issue that I get high since I do not last the action of the lantus:-/
Ay, I look new in this !!!Months ago with the Lantus, which put it at 2pm, I was also controlled but from the change to the NPH (fatal) and the return to the lantus I did not just take the trick ...

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/08/2012 7:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

I would continue to upload another unit.Where do you put it on?Will you have the area very punctured and will badly absorb?The best area for Lantus is the buttock.
Keep increasing to see .., and wait 3 days from one change to another.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/08/2012 8:12 p.m.

And why don't you put it at 2 pm as before?So while the action of Lantus begins by the rapid of the food.When I used Lantus, I also put it at 2 pm and I got perfect to the food because although I did not last 24 hours, the morning I had it well covered with the fast breakfast.As Regina tells you, wait a few days before any change.

DiabetesForo
05/09/2012 4:35 a.m.

The first change I made was from 11:30 p.m. at 2pm and since I did not get to the food at 4pm and with this pattern I have been a week or so.Today I will put it back at 2pm as you say Prado, to see if I avoid arriving at dinner.
Regina: 3 days ago that I have climbed 2 units, the ball only rises from 2 in 2, and in the morning I wake up very fair (60-65) Approlating myself with 120-150.And I usually change the puncture area: buttocks and thighs, which I have for a while :)) :))
I'll be a few days and tell you.

Thank you very much girls, you are the best !!!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/09/2012 5:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

There are bolis of Lantus that go from one in one unit, ask the doctor, because, the adjustment of 2 in 2, is nothing exact ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/09/2012 12:07 p.m.

In the end the best schedule of the Lantus has been at 2pm, at first it cost but over time it seems that I have regulated.Although the problem that glycemia goes up from mid -morning to food is still there, it is less and sometimes to put a quick unit I fix it.
Let's see if the HB that has a month left to return to the endocrine!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/19/2012 5:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

I, the more I read, the less I know.I only know nothing.

I get Lantus at 11 a.m., when I theoretically run out of the Breakfast Novorapid action and my martyrdom is that around 18 or 19 hours I can not move one foot, that is, as soon as the road 10 minutes hiccups, rise bouncing before dinner...... and random to get up.
I was in 22 units and now I am with the "probatinas" of 18 units.

Any suggestion?To my tpoco the first 2 hours the lantus are noticed, but the next 7 have a quick effect.I want to find the exact time until September, what will the bomb arrive, at least spend the summer with a prick less

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/11/2012 8:13 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hi Romevila!
I have been putting it at 2pm for a long time and at first it cost me but then improved.Of course, it does not last 24h, so in mid -morning, about 11.30 I put a fast unit even if I have 80 glycemia and about 14h I am between 80 and 90 almost always.
Sometimes it happens to me (little) that although I get well to the snack, two hours later (about 18.30) something goes up but then lowers me before dinner, I still don't know the cause.
If putting it at 11h in the morning you get up well is that the dose is fine and lasts for the least 20 hours, but then try another hour.It was hard for me to find the best time.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
06/11/2012 8:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

But I say that a blood glucose will not be the same before breakfast with the lantus at 11, or put at 15 for example ...

That is my comecocos, if it gives me hiccups at 7 o'clock, if I put it at 2 pm I would coincide the downturn with dinner time, but then what passes from 10 in the morning until 14 hours?Hence my idea of ​​what is better to match some postparanial, yes?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/11/2012 11:12 a.m.

Something similar to you happens to me with hypoglycemia 7 hours after the Lantus and I had to lower the fast from dinner so as not to reach the right.I usually have breakfast around 8, the mid -morning analysis is done around 10.30 and at 12 noon I put a fast unit, so I get well to the food.
I tb thought it was best for the lantus to coincide with some postpondrial but after much try for me the best time is 14h

ALG's profile photo
ALG
06/12/2012 12:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

I will try to put it at 2 pm, with the food.

Today before eating 120, I get 3 of Novorapid (mixed salad, veal fillet, bread, 2 kiwis) and an impressive downturn.I told the educator and she says that the failure is not of insulin:-/, I must get the quick one a little earlier ....
Day that I do not get fast to eat ... better that I go, as long as my glycemic levels are a maximum of 130 (some you will scare);But to me the lantus the 7 1st hours works as a quick.
I don't know what to do, just change the time as you say, at 2 pm.;)

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/12/2012 1:11 p.m.

Hi Romevila!
Yes, it is curious that the first hours have so much effect: Shock :.I have already told you that my best hour is 14h but well ... prove but in the snack, the right, ...
But ... for what I have been able to read, you are not new in this, right?Is that the type of slow?
What you have that you have put 3 quickly at the food and then you have had a downturn, because at dinner I put 4 fast (vegetable+protein+bread+1 fruit) and sometimes I have low at 2 hours, it will be what you say about the action of the Lantus, compared to the rapid of the food: 6-7 units.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
06/12/2012 3:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Yes, I have changed the basal, before I used Levemir, now with Lantus I have many hypos, or due to Lantus or due to quickly that I join the action of the basal.

I am not new in diabetes, but the truth is that I have been for many years, I did not give me diabetological education and the little I have learned from people in the forum, some incredibly patients with me.

When eating, the maximum that I wear are 3 novorapid units and I have some championship hypos, I preferbetter to lower the doses?
They go to a fixed pinion: eat more, so do not move the parameters of the glucometer or pump if it arrives.

In my debut: Mrgreen: It was not like now, now you eat what each one wants and insulin is adjusted based on what commas (fast).Before not, it was not all prohibitions .... Pòr that now has a hard time ingesting rations of HC.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/12/2012 5:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.