{'en': 'Doubt Lantus', 'es': 'Duda lantus'} Image

Doubt Lantus

Beauty's profile photo   01/23/2011 5:46 p.m.

The eating more ... Well, I do not see a much logic if you stay in a healthy weight with the food you carry, and in general the solution to avoid postpandrial hypos is to get less fast insulin.
The hypos you have will not be for a lot of Lantus?:-/ What I noticed when I put a lot of Lantus is that every 2 hours I had to drink a juice, but they were not strong hypoglycemia but that it was to be constantly with mild symptoms.On the contrary of it, it passes in an hypo by excess of rapid, super rapid descents.

Let's see if you take the quiet until they put the bomb, that will be learning again.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
06/13/2012 5:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Yes, of course, those hypos are for the lantus, because there are 5 hours for example after eating, that is, acbao to eat at 14 hours and it is at 6 pm or 19 hours (6-7 in the afternoon) when I have them,Before leaving, at 6 pm in 100, I have taken a juice and at 7 o'clock 53 ...... more juice and a half croissant, Alas 21 hours was in 129, for my good, for my high educator.

A 2 egg tortilla for CENR, 1 HC of bread, a kiwi and 2 fast units and I am in 140, I mean hypo wings 3 in the morning.I am rappel in this.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/13/2012 6:06 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Romevila, continues to go down one in one unit ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2012 8:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If Regina, today I will wear one less, to see Q passes, I had thought to download 2 PQ I got up in 57 ... but I will be with one less until Monday.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/14/2012 3:44 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hello,
I wanted to make a consultation about the Lantus.Let's see:
I put it in the morning (18 units) at 9 am.In the morning I do not get fast because I have much more insulin sensitivity at that time than in the afternoon.At two hours of breakfast (11h.) I usually be below 100. Then I take a glass of milk or a unit of another food and food arrived below 100. At noon I wear 3 units of fast.After the food I am about 130 (5pm), there I go down, more or less about 7:00 p.m.no problem.

And I have the problem that I do not know whether to do right or not.For example, if I lie at 150 and not as anything, at 5pm in the morning hiccups to 40. But sometimes I go to 140 for example I take a yoghourt and get up at 160.
I don't know whether to lower the lantus or take more right ... I can't master the night.

thank you!

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
06/14/2012 12:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To be calmer you can download a unit of Lantus, because you are very fair for the day and go down a lot at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/14/2012 2:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks Regina!
It is what my endocrine says but I preferred to eat more and not lower it to avoid climbing the average.I will try down a unit to see how.
Last night, for example, I got used to 120, I took half a glass of milk and I got up at 140. The same if I am above 100 before sleeping it is better not to eat anything.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
06/15/2012 7:03 a.m.

Well, if it's fine with half a glass of milk, don't touch it, if you don't have hypos ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/15/2012 11:26 a.m.

Hello, my mother -in -law has been with Lantus for a week at night.He put the head doctor 14 units but produced hypos and we have been reducing it up to 10. Sometimes a cookie is taken at night, but we don't have much control because it is not measured.Now he is waking up with 100, the morning has a good time but the measures of before and after dinner shoot and have to go to bed with two hundred and peak to get well in the morning.We put 4 fast with the three main meals.So people change it to half a day.Why not in the morning?That seems to cover him all day.He tells the doctor and tells me that it is worth, but it scares me because he puts responsibility in me and does not look closely at his measures, he has no time!I have been taking care of this for a couple of months since my mother -in -law lost her immediate memory because of a valve operation and I am very worried because I am new in this immense world of diabetes.I never thought it was so complicated!Thank you so much!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/20/2016 1:10 p.m.

The doctor thinks that it goes down so much for the fast but I think that the slow effect makes it a lot of effect until noon and he abandons her.Could be?

DiabetesForo
11/20/2016 1:12 p.m.

@Mariafont can be perfectly, the Lantus does not last 24 hours, that's why many people put it in 2 shots distributed between tomorrow and night, eat it to the endocrin@.

When I have made changes from the basal at night to afternoon or tomorrow what I have done is to gradually go down the schedule, that is, one day at 10pm, the next at 7pm and so on until you reach the time that interests you butI repeat you again to tell your endocrin@.I would not get it off at 22 hours at 10 am at the time so I miss me that your endocrin @ does not advise how to do it .. @-)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/20/2016 1:24 p.m.

Ay sigsauer!You are the first person who answers something, thank you very much!My mother -in -law does not have endocrine, after 13 years of illness!What do you think?They will see it at Puerta de Hierro in January.They have seen it when it goes to emergencies for a walk or low and I have already become very heavy and have given it to us.This is the best health in the world?I thought to pear on the dose in two and increase the morning and decreasing the night.What do you think?Now we put it at 22.30 because the first days we put it at 20.30 before dinner and dropped at 3 or 5 in the morning ...

DiabetesForo
11/20/2016 2:35 p.m.

The doctor told me that he did not put it directly that night and put it in the morning but distrust ... she does not live with me and the weekend I worked so I decided to wait for Monday and see that you advise me!Thanks again!

DiabetesForo
11/20/2016 2:44 p.m.

You may do better in the morning and you can put more doses to cover the 24 hours, without nocturnal hypos.
Now there is a new slow insulin, the toujeo, which arrives well at 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2016 3:09 a.m.

Yes, Regina, thank you very much.I think I will do that.Yesterday I put 5 of Lantus and 5 of Rapida, one more unit of the usual for fear, and has risen with 156. Now we have put the other 5 units of Lantus and 4 of fast and to see what happens.I have already read about the toujeo but it has been with the Lantus for a week.Tomorrow I have with her sintron in the doctor and I will tell her although also, so many so fast changes of insulins and schedules I do not know if they will come well ... My admiration for all diabetics.This disease forces you to self -observation and self -control of superhero!

DiabetesForo
11/21/2016 9:48 a.m.

When he puts it all in the morning that can happen, that he stays without its early morning effect, would nothing happen?Because at night he does not eat .... Another problem is that being older and his body is very deteriorated, he sleeps many hours, which eats 5 times in 12 hours and then this 12 without taking anything ... Everything difficult ...

DiabetesForo
11/21/2016 9:51 a.m.

Pass it in the morning little by little, but the toujeo will be better.It is more durable and flatter.Tell her with the doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2016 4:32 p.m.

Yes, tomorrow I comment, thanks Regina.Today that I have divided the Lantus into 2, 15 at night and 5 in the morning he has been shot all morning, 360 to noon!I put 6 instead of 4 of Actrapid before eating and now it was in 180. UF, which overwhelms, and the lady who took care of her abandoned us, to look for another serious ... This is a non -stop ...And without memory ... a horror!I think I'm going to buy the free style that ...

DiabetesForo
11/21/2016 5:04 p.m.

I was wrong, 5 at night and 5 in the morning

DiabetesForo
11/21/2016 5:05 p.m.

Hello, Regina.I am very worried.Yesterday my mother -intomorrow.Tonight I just put the fast, 5 units.He had 210 before dinner and 170 two hours later.A cookie just lying down was taken and, this morning, I had 239. I have put 12 from Lantus and 5 fast ... when he left the hospital, in May, 3 doses were made to the day of Novomix 30-70 was not controlled eitherWith this guideline, I had ups and downs.In summer he was fatal because he went to his people with his sister and was very uncontrolled because he began to fail in the dosing.He forgot to put it on.Upon return, he was at home and, although better, I didn't have controlled it either.In September he was in a residence, where he was changed.They told me that the novomiz was only tomorrow and night and then they would use quickly to control her.In October we took it out because I didn't want to be there and we put a lady at home.Oki, his insistence to his dico changed his insulin recently to this lantus with a fast ... and neither ... and on top of that, I make decisions that do not correspond to me and the doctor gets angry.Normal, but that she would need a deeper monitoring and I see that in the SS they do not give it.
A private endocrine, friend of a friend, told me to put the freestyle and then go to his consultation, but we have not done so, waiting for the famous date of the Endocrine of Puera de Gierro for mid -January.
Now I am made a mess !!What I do?I buy the device that?And do I go to that private endocrine?What divide a few days the dose into two has been a barbarity?What anguish, by God!She dce that the cookie was taken at the beginning of the night because I had palpitations .... it gives me a panic that is me, for my inappropriate decisions, the one that causes death or that nurses more ...
Sorry for this long text.If you don't read it, I understand it.Many thanks for everything.:

DiabetesForo
11/23/2016 10:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.