{'en': 'Doubt Lantus', 'es': 'Duda lantus'} Image

Doubt Lantus

Beauty's profile photo   01/23/2011 5:46 p.m.

I get Lantus at night.I do my normal dinner, but before going to bed I have to take something if I do not want me to give me a night downturn, the case is that I need to have more than 200 to get up well.

I told the endocrine to lower a couple of units La Lantus and readjust the others, but he told me about moving the dinner lantus for food.I really see that more complicated because to eat I do not have a fixed hour, in the afternoon I usually play sports and bassinally, I don't know what to do.

How do you adjust in these cases?

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/23/2011 5:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Instead of touching the Lantus (dose or schedules) Why don't you download the quick dinner to get a higher dinner?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2011 5:51 p.m.

I have to leave dinner very high, and that would be a very high figure for many hours in a row to get well in the morning ...

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/23/2011 5:52 p.m.

Helloaaa,
Another solution would not click you, I always take the right, whatever the figure with which I lie down, and except this week that I work out of nights, that I had to download Lantus, I usually get up well

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
01/23/2011 5:54 p.m.

Let's say that what I want is to have normal, stable levels, both after dinner and during the early morning.In addition, I feel very bad above 200, my body weighs my whole life!

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/23/2011 6 p.m.

Try the schedule change, to see how you are doing.If the rest of the day you are fine, maybe with the best change.

If you do not give with a satisfactory guideline, the best would be the bomb.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/23/2011 6:21 p.m.

Hi Beauty,

I think you are all right wanting to sleep with normal blood glucose.Assuming that you lie at 250 and get up to 100 and that glucose lowers you linear (I know it is a lot to suppose ... and it is normal for the low to get over five of the mñana ...) (250-100) = 150 150mg/8 hours I will downside 18.75mg/hour.We take an approximation of 20 to make the calculations ... 230+210+190+170+150+130+110+90/8 = 160 gives you an average of 160 that quive to a hem of between 7 or 8. I think thatThe night is many hours and that you have to try to keep as much as possible the levels close to the normal.

When I used Lantus, exactly the same thing happened to me, what I did was put the amount I needed from Lantus before going to bed to avoid the hypo and my problem was that after eating towards a peak of 300 ... to solve itI am regulating insulin before eating.It is fast insulin, but it takes effect at half an hour and lasts between four and five hours.With that he covered the part of the afternoon where towards the beak ... although for me the solution was the pump

tica's profile photo
tica
01/24/2011 9:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I believe that a guideline in which you have to go to sleep above 200 so as not to have hiccups at night is not a good guideline, you do well to try to change something.
When I used Lantus, I tried to put it at night, in the morning, but I was not going well, the better time was at 2 pm, that allowed me not to have hypos at night and get up well and although I did not last 24 hours because onlyI got 12 units, with the Breakfast Humalog, it came well when eating.
I also do sports in the afternoon and solved it by snacking if I didn't want to have a hypo in the gym.
Try the change and if it does not work you, consider the pump, it is the safe solution.

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 10:21 a.m.

Thank you for your analysis :-) What happens that the time change complicates me a little for my hours to eat, I can never eat at the same time and that would not allow me to follow the control of the ups and downs ... ThenNow I'm between Pinto and Valdemoro, I'll tell !!

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/24/2011 12:22 p.m.

Those of us who use Levemir greet you :))

There is always an option prior to the pump ... Levemir insulin, flatter than the lantus (less hypoglycemic power) can be used in 1 or 2 punctures and allows better difficult schedules to adjust.

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 12:45 p.m.

Beauty, the same happened to my daughter, and was also as a ethical, going down Lantus and regulating at meals, but the peak in the afternoon of the regular was very pronounced and sudden.
It was solved by putting Lantus in the morning.He puts it at 11h, early or not.It is the time that goes best, and lasts 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2011 1:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi, I also put Lantus at night, my doctor told me the following about this insulin: If you get up in the morning with more than 130 you have to upload one or two units the Lantus,And if you get up a little below 130 you are putting the right amount, if you get up with less than 100 you must lower the Lantus units progressively.I think that putting the lantus in food is a mistake, by k during the day you have the meals with the fast and at night?I would talk to my doctor again and tell him what I see better to do, after all who better knows and knows his needs are you.I hope I have helped you, greetings

ROZIO's profile photo
ROZIO
03/16/2011 5:38 p.m.

Did you solve the theme of the Lantus, Beauty?2 months have passed since the consultation.When I debuted, I got 18 from Lantus, now I wear 13 (for the sport and to avoid having to take something at night).I put it, always, at night (at 12:00 and even someday, if you squeeze the dream, a little earlier).

With less than 130 I have to take something at night, with nothing more.I usually get between 120 - 80.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
03/17/2011 11:20 a.m.

And ... none of you noticed a 5-7 kg increase in a few months when using the lantus?I ask him that he previously used a less than my case), I am in a moment now fatal, neither Pinto nor Valdemoro with one or with the other insulin, I was thinking of the bomb, but my endocrine already said, q tb there areWhat to schedule it, then, how are such a good results with the bomb in unstable people that they succeeded with the basal ones?
In Realida, I ask 2 questions, physical answers to Lantus and the topic bomb.
I recognize that every day, I understand less, and I am obsessing a lot now (although the diabetes m accompanies inseparable since 1979 ...... Nothing has rained.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/06/2011 6:24 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Precisely to the most unstable people what can best go is the bomb for the simple reason that the basal can be programmed in short sections, while with an insulin such as lantus or less.
The bomb of course must be programmed, nothing has been achieved that works just like our pancreas;)
Read with patience all the issues in the pump section, there will be a lot of doubts and if you do not ask what you can think of.
I did not fatter anything in the time I used Lantus.
Ahhh and do not get obsessed so much that the only thing you are going to get is to get out much more;););

DiabetesForo
11/06/2011 7:19 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
I have been with Lantus and a half
Greetingsssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/06/2011 7:32 a.m.

Anabeg, and what time do you wear the lantus?It covers you 24 hours?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/06/2011 3:37 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Romevila, I put it at night, when I'm going to have dinner, and if you cover me 24 hrs
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/06/2011 3:44 p.m.

Let's see if you can help me with the Lantus.I started with the NPH there for the nineties, then they passed me to the Lantus when it was left, in September 2011 I returned to the NPH XQ I am planning to get pregnant and how I could not regulate the NPH now I have returned again to the Lantus.So now the problem is that it does not last 24 hours as I did before.I put it at 12 no at night but as I went to glycemia throughout the afternoon, because now I put it at 14 hours and I do something better, but from 11 in the morning to the food I am going upAnd the endocrine told me to put some unity of fast to half mñn, but ........ the solution is not very funny, it seems difficult for me to heat it and I have had some hypoglycemia.
Any idea?:?

Greetings

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/28/2012 11:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

A solution is to delay the lantus, put it about 2-3 hours after eating ... Thus the last hours would be covered by the ultra-granted insulin of the food, you would not have to prick 1 time and eliminate the hypos.

DiabetesForo
04/28/2012 2:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.