{'en': 'La Plata Route', 'es': 'Ruta de la Plata'} Image

La Plata Route

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/16/2008 5:32 a.m.

Good morning!!How about the weekend?already Monday ... to start a new week, with ganillas .. Q when we realize is the weekend here again!

I continue with my controls, the Wednesday I have endo, and in general they have improved, except in the main meals that the rush gives me ... especially when I take carbohydrates, as is logical ... but now I get the doubt...or the corregis with fast insulin?It would give me anger that would take them away because the truth that from time to time I like to eat my pasta dish (I love the pasta), and another thing that I do not understand, is that if it puts a fixed amount of insulin fast every day every day... or that will depend on what I will eat ... because when I take vegetables for example I am hydrates, at two hours I have a practically normal blood glucose

I hope that my endo solves these doubts .. I have also been reading that diabetes can produce dental problems ... the case is that I have been bleeding the gums alone, without touching me !!and for the mñana my spotted pillow of blood dawned .. I went to the dentist and told me that it could be a normal gingivitis, I try to wash my teeth and send me a colutory, but it remains more or less the same, perhaps a little less .. it is.normal?Has it happened to you?

Well guys, I hope you had a good weekend, and start this one that enters !!!Muchos kisses

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/27/2008 2:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning .....: D ...... Jo, with that I can not read the weekend now I make it quickly and run and I don't remember anything hehehehe ......

Kathaysa, of course that I have not stopped eating anything, compensates it with the fast insulin, even the rice that is quite a fight:-// handle it very well because the paella is my favorite dish and I do not satisfy myself with a plate ...Hehe ..... It is a matter of testing doses and over time you eat everything and without great climb, the secret is to measure a lot and run with insulin.

As for risk sports, because I totally agree with Alea, I wouldn't think of comparing it with drugs, of course there are irresponsible as in all areas of life, but as a lover of the mountain and nature I cannot beAccording to that comparison .....: Shock: And those who practice it with professionalism and head have and will have all my admiration.

Anuski I hope you are more animated today despite being Monday ... it is true that sometimes we spend seasons that it seems that everything is wrong, but they are gusts ..... and everything happens ..... kisses and if youYou want to take a coffee call me, okays ??????????

Well ... I'm going to work for a little while axis ... that this week is complicated for me ....... kisses for everyone

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2008 4:52 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!
Kathaysa, when Juan eats paella (which here in Valencia is very frequent), becomes more fast insulin, but of course he does not give up eating it, he does the same with the pasta, is to take the measure of the necessary insulin and ... a ...enjoy!!.
Alea and Prado, I know that many people do not match me in that opinion I have about risk sports, it is a very frequent discussion in my "gatherings" with friends, I also love the countryside and the mountain but that does notIt makes climbing understand.I have a very friend friend, who loves, in September he went up to Naranco de Bulnes, spent a week and I was looking forward to calling me when he got down ... I can't avoid fear.Although it is super correspondible and that the materials are superseguros ...
Alea, I have thrown myself in paragliding in Castejón (Huesca), and there I checked how many paraplegics were as a result of that sport, sorry but it seemed unnecessary to repeat after what I saw ...
Well, of course I do not want to convince you, it is my opinion, I cannot avoid it ... although it seems "demential", but it seems more insane a 14 -year -old kid participating in a motorcycle race.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2008 5:23 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
We have survived the weekend in Madrid with a lot of kids, although I bring a sprain :?. On Saturday attraction park toooooodVery nice days.It's great to meet good friends.
Today we have the complicated day, we are going to make some papers, to take the car to the workshop and this afternoon skates and a couple of pending issues ....
I see that you are discussing the issue of risk sports ...Win ...
Katha, as Prado says, do not give up anything, just observe and learn a lot on how the meals affect you in order to put the appropriate insulin ... at the beginning everything is much more difficult, then it becomes a more routine,of which, of course you have to be somewhat more aware.
Anuski, come, a lot of encouragement, woman ... there are periods in which we are more animated than others, although those of downturn become eternal, but we must keep in mind that there is no harm that a hundred years will last ... You have lookedThe thyroid recently?is that this affects both moods ...
Come on, I give myself a volt for the forum and I start doing some things before going ... kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2008 6:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning, route.

Kathaysa, of course you can eat pasta and legumes, and rice, and whatever you want.The fact is that you tell your endo that you already raise you a lot when you eat hydrates and prescribe a quick insulin for meals.
Normally, they prescribe some fixed doses as a guideline, but that can be raised or down based on what you are going to eat, of previous glycemia, the exercise, etc.
This is like everything, a matter of practicing, adjusting and knowing how your body reacts.
Come on, you already have it sucked.

Mamidejuan, I also tend to be quite radical in my opinions (which is not precisely a virtue), but I like arguments to defend them.
It is clear that you make the drug factor coincide with the risk factor of certain sports, as something harmful and unnecessary, but I do not agree, and I explain why:

The drug is not a risk, but a self -destructive behavior without any real benefit.
The risk sport, on the contrary, is not self -destructive.Only the behaviors of certain "irresponsible elements" that, it is not that they assume risks can be self -destructive, but that they ignore them.

On the other hand, I don't know how many paraplegics you will know because of the paragliding.There are a few, although I directly only know one, but I think it would be best to investigate in the center of Paraplegics of Toledo.I fear that 90% of them will be due to circulation accidents.
It is clear that there is no greater risk of accidents than we assumed when taking the car.Is this reason not to go by car more?

And, to end the subject, I think there are two kinds of very differentiated risk;
One is the one that is a consequence of a positive goal (climbing a mountain, exploring a cave, going to the moon, flying, navigating, traveling ...) in which the risk is inescapable, but the necessary precautions can be taken toreduce it to a minimum.For me it is totally legitimate.
And the other is the risk of risk, absurd risk, recklessness, and is what assume those who drug themselves, those who practice any activity (whether risk sport or not) without taking precautions and without preparation, and that, and that, and that, and that, and that, and that, and thatWhat is worse, not only despise the danger to themselves, but also endanger others.

Anyway, they are behaviors, and not sports, the cause of stupid risk.

Finally, in the years I have been living in this part of Asturias so close to the Picos de Europa, I have seen amount of salvages, both mountain and sea, but do you know? There have barely died in the mountain.However, every year people drowned by recklessness on the beaches, people who bathe without paying attention to flags or lifeguards.or that they simply walk the shore or the breakwater when they are notified that it is dangerous.And they are usually parents, or apparently "safe."

Anyway, that often tostón.

Velia, I'm glad you had a good time.

Health to all

DiabetesForo
10/27/2008 7:45 a.m.

Good night to all !!!!!!!!!
I only go to give a very fast greeting, that I am very messy and taking advantage of the "debate" about risk sports I put a link with an interview with Emilio Valdés, it is not an athlete, but yes camera of the extreme challenge program, also diabeticand adventurer.

I think that carefully and taking the precautions due each one can do what he likes, yes, without endangering anyone else.

Well, tomorrow more slowly.Kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2008 4:01 p.m.

Good morning routerillos ... are you hivernando ????

Bad in Cáceres ... Cold, Ventisca, Rain .... They don't dislike these days, really, especially if they caught you in house ...
Now I have a little forced rest with my foot, but the truth is that it doesn't hurt myself.
Marcita, we have seen that program a couple of times ... a couple of expeditions to I don't know what site ... it is curious.
I just called a friend who has a diabetic child who has come to the annual review and will stay to eat ....
Angela is having quite good controls, especially very stable.On November 13 we have endo again to analyze the graphics of recent weeks ...
Well, chic@s, I start studying for a while.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/28/2008 5:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Ha, ha ....... Velia we have crossed and it seems that I have copied the phrase.Take care of yourself, or well, you better take care of you as you say.
We have endo on Thursday, to see if results are already seen with the bomb.
By the way, tell you that I sent a mail to Kalua and has not answered me, I give me a little bad roll: (((
Anuski, heart above that mood !!!, even if it is the least indicated, but I can see you like that.That the mischievous meals? I hope you are giving you a little truce.Ah, I bought the Asturian yogurts and for now they eat them although it puts faces.
Ah, another thing, sometimes it is difficult to express yourself here, for lack of time or for other reasons, but I don't think Mommy is a person without arguments.I have understood what I wanted to say although for that you have to know it, of course.
Kisses for all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/28/2008 5:41 a.m.

Good day.....

I just read in the newspaper here that the owner of the company where Anuski works yesterday in the office .... joooo .... What a bad vibes !!!! ..... today they bury him ....Let's see if Anuski tells us when I can ... kisses beautiful ...

I also sent Kalua yesterday and he has not answered me ....:? ... I don't give me a good impression either .....

Beky, discrepancy is good, I like the exchange of opinions, it is enriching whenever it is done with respect and how boring it would be if we all thought the same, no? .... hehehe ....

Velia takes care of that spraineeeee ...... but really hhhhh ..... that I know you .....: D

Kisses......

DiabetesForo
10/28/2008 5:54 a.m.

Uffffff, how bad vibes of Anuski, which was missing ......
Yes, I agree with you Prado, at any time I wanted to say that it did not have the right to disagree, only that it is not the same to speak it than to write it and that each one has their reasons, only that.
And speaking of the subject, I remember an excursion in Piragua for the Tormes to which he takes my Churri when we start telling him, you will see that Guay, as this will like this.The magnificent irresponsible monitor that accompanied us struck us by the river selling a little adventure and ended up under the water giving me blows to the head with the stones, thanks to the helmet and dragged by the current without getting anyone to stop me and think that ofThere it didn't come out, horrible.I was not a rookie but that scare has led me to avoid everything that entails too much risk, it will be that I get greater je, je .....

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/28/2008 6:55 a.m.

Hello everyone!!.
Well, Beky, you have to always meet the interlocutor, if not ... it is misunderstood ... you will see, you would never compare a risk sport with the drug, I only compared them as something that affects health (drugs) and something that affectsto physical integrity (risk).Anyway, how many times I have heard the risk athletes say: "It is that it gives you a high" or "is like a drug ...".So it is not me who assimilates them.After all, what happens and I imagine what makes them enjoy is that adrenaline rush that occurs in a risk situation, and medically the adrenaline is assimilated with a drug, in terms of its effect of increasingblood pressure, cardiac expenditure, heart rate;It is an internal emergency drug.Precisely what cocaine does is greatly increase adrenaline levels ...
Alea, who presents arguments to defend your position does not make me convenient for me.Surely Hitler had arguments to organize the holocaust, Bush to invade Iraq, the bullfighter to explain why he kills the bull, etc ... and no matter how much they argue, they will never convince me ... (please, that nobodySay now that I'm comparing Alea with Hitler: Shock :)
The paraplegic center of Toledo, seems superlogical that 90% are traffic accidents, only because of the probability theory.There are not the same number of car travel as for paragliding flights.
We would also have to ask a drug addict if at first the drug does not provide benefits that for them are "real", if they were not going to hook.
In addition, and referring to the people who risk, for example, getting into the sea with a red flag, it seems as demential as the 14 -year -old boy running in a circuit (what!, This child is reminding me of the"Rajoy girl" :)) :)))
Of course, everyday life has countless risks: lowering a ladder, getting into an elevator, getting into the subway, taking a train, traveling by car, or by plane ... but any individual duly integrated into society has to perform anyoneOf these activities, they are necessary for day to day, but I do not see necessary to get on a summit under a large snowfall, or run in a motorcycle or car at impossible speeds, or run in front of the bulls in Sanfermines and the like.
I want to make it very clear that it seems very good that, as Marcita says, everyone does what he wants, but I would love to not be introduced as heroes.There are many anonymous people who work so that others live better (cooperators, researchers, firefighters, ...) and nobody sponsors them, thousands of people never receive it at an airport, they do not receive any social recognition ...
Well, the truth is that I am not with much time to expose everything that happens to my head.As you say, it has been an exchange of opinions, which I think we have done with respect to the opinions of others, at least I have tried;).
Beky ... What a experience !!!
Anuski, what a bad time !!!Cheer up!!
Kisses to all ... And not to risk much ... :)

DiabetesForo
10/28/2008 7:53 a.m.

What is the risk?You ask me while you nail your blue pupil in my pupil ...
Ah, no, that was something else.: D

Come, mommy, I would not think of taking the example of Hitler as personal.The arguments are not the excuses.Argument is to support with contrastable examples the opinion.I explain: people interpret as dangerous in a high percentage travel by plane, when it is, in relative figures, the safest medium.
It is simply considered risk because when there is an accident it is usually catastrophic.

And the same goes for certain sports, which are collectively assumed as dangerous, when they have an accidental percentage much less than others apparently safe.
The example that more people travel by car than people who practice paragliding are not worth when talking about relative terms, that is, number of accidents per number of practitioners or users.

The flight without engine, for example, is one of the safest and extremely low accident sports.However, people assimilate it as dangerous, due to ignorance.

And the mountain, which is what concerns us, already tells you that I do not practice it or interest me in particular, but I do believe that, with the necessary precautions, it is as respectable and as to admire as anything else.

Anyway, what you say to put them as heroes, I'm afraid that it is not worth it either.I think that most of the non -fans would directly cost us to say the name of famous mountaineers, or parapentists, or rafting practitioners and much less would form agglomerations in Barajas to receive them.That reserves sports for me as absurd as football, or stars of the "category" of Belén Esteban or the Preysler, whose merits nobody ignores.: Shock:

In any case, I believe that the risk is inherent in life.Any activity has it to a greater or lesser extent.If it is done with the precautions due, everything is respectable.Without precautions, everything is a recklessness.

And as for adrenaline, or better, to endorphins, I can think of less tasty, less dangerous and equally rewarding, but that goes in tastes :))

And I don't think I have misunderstood, mommy and beky.Comparing mountaineering or motorcycle races with the drug has not been my idea, and it seems to me an unfortunate and dangerous comparison.I do not believe that the mountaineer looks for adrenaline, but to overcome a challenge, and, with it, to overcome itself and its limitations, and that is not what is sought in the drug.

Finally, any sport, anyone, however risky it seems, is preferable to the drug, and is not comparable from any point of view.The drug is simply a shit, with nothing positive.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
10/28/2008 8:20 a.m.

You're right

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/28/2008 7:22 p.m.

Anuski I hope you are well .... a lot of courage!You miss you .....

A kiss.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
10/29/2008 5:31 a.m.

Hello everyone!!
Ok, step to give more explanations because if we would not bore the staff;).
Alea I would only like to point out something about your definition of argument.According to the Dictionary of the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language, argument is: "Reasoning that is used to convince someone of what is affirmed or refused", does not speak anything of "supporting with contrastable examples the opinion."Hitler, Bush, argued their actions, did not give excuses ...;).And never his arguments would prove him right.
Speaking of risk, and to be something more interesting, I spend the following video.
Do not miss it, just seeing it up the adrenalinaaaa!.It is an area well known by climbers.

The story tells that in 1921, Alfonso XIII passed through here when he opened the water reserves of the reservoir and this event gave the name to the road: 'The Camino del Rey', is an aerial path built on the walls of the gorge of the gorge of theGaitanes in the jet.It is a road attached to the aforementioned gorge with a length of 3 km, which has long sections and a width of just 1 m., And is up to 400 meters deep.

Unfortunately, it is closed since 1992 because of danger for its poor condition.

In 1999 and 2000, there were several fatal accidents that cost the lives of four hikers, so the Junta de Andalucía, to avoid more misfortunes decided to close the accesses to the road, demolishing its initial section in order to avoid the passage ofVisitors.The imposition of a fine of € 6,000 to the one that circulates through the King's Caminito is currently decreed

Especially, it should be noted that it impresses the way in which this video has been made, since it shows the route through the mountain, as if you were doing it yourself, the person who records the video holds the camera very well,Focusing the way to follow, and the impressive views, in this way the viewer feels as if he walks along the route.You will tell me if the camera was not at risk.Ah!And it wasn't the only one !!!

Enter the following link:

DiabetesForo
10/29/2008 5:31 a.m.

Mommy I just saw the video ....: Shock :: Shock :: Shock: y ....I truly make no sense ... what has impressed me the most are the holes that had the road, it seemed that when the camera passed it was going to collapse .... ufff what fear !!!

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
10/29/2008 5:49 a.m.

Good morning.

Mamidejuan, it is fun your way of not entering the subject anymore.My mother has a similar habit: "I am not going to tell you more, but ..."

Hehe (now I get a question. The "hehe" is going with capital letters or lowercase when the phrase began?)
Come, I leave the linguistic theme, which bores.

Celia, Hum, I think someone could be made gold if I studied Celia's behavior.Gives for more than one thesis.We run a "stupid" veil.

And rain, hail, snow to the bark, cold, house, books, heat, kitchen ...

I ask for the absent: Kris, Murasaki, Maclaudi, P.I.R.KISS .. is something known about them?

Health to all

DiabetesForo
10/29/2008 8:26 a.m.

Buenaaaaaas ...... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .....

That video does not seem an example of a risk of recklessness or suicide ...: D ...... It is evident why they prohibited from going there ...

Well, I'm still with mine ........ Kisses for everyone .....

DiabetesForo
10/29/2008 11:12 a.m.

Good routerillos ... here also quite cold ...
I've also seen the video and mother of what myo I have passed and that I was grabbed to the chair ...
Marcita, to see how you are doing with change ...
To all that you have a good day ... kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/29/2008 1:34 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I forgot, Anuski, garment, go scare.A hug !!!!

Becky tomorrow endo, right ???You tell us how ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/29/2008 1:39 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.