{'en': 'And the lancetas?How many punctures do they endure?', 'es': 'Y las lancetas? cuantos pinchazos aguantan?'} Image

And the lancetas?How many punctures do they endure?

zyand's profile photo   06/18/2012 2:47 p.m.

!!!!2 years????Ufff what danger!!!!@-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/22/2016 4:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, 2 years.More or less the same as I have been using the same razor (and a shave perfectly, a gillete of those 5 sheets).I say it because the blades also produce microcorts, they come into contact with the blood, and they are filled with microbes, germs ... by that rule of three they should not be reused either, however I do not know anyone who has so much scrupulous with the blades.They are washed without more and are reused many times, even the so -called "disposable" ... In short, a lancet per puncture seems like an aberrant exaggeration.If we applied that level of scrupulous to all the products we use daily, it would not directly reach Spain as a landfill.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
04/22/2016 7:16 p.m.

More than the "bugs" I say it by your fingers, because they lose the edge, I do notice when I have been a couple of weeks, like the needles of insulin, before when they gave them to us with drops and we had to reuseWhen you wore more of 3 punctures like they were romas, you had to make strength to enter ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/22/2016 7:45 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The lancetas is not so necessary to change them so much, whenever their fingers are well, one week or two .., they can last, washing their hands., Alcohol hardens the skin (that told me the nurse) better, water and water andsoap.
What is more important to change are needles, to avoid lipodystrophies.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/22/2016 8:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

CARLOS CHANGES !!!!That is not a competition of those who last more.It is for you.In our case on 3 punctures.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
04/24/2016 10:27 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

2 years !!!That doesn't even click !!You will not get many controls because I already tell you that they are disregarded of use such as knives

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/26/2016 1:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I must be one of the "sluts" :)), the change rather the truth ... when it hurts me more

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/10/2016 8:15 p.m.

Hello, I change them once a week, I don't feel any discomfort

Juani_53's profile photo
Juani_53
09/13/2016 5:20 p.m.

I'm freaking out !!!The lancetas can be changed ???8-X
No already really hahaha
I do it every 2 weeks approx.
There are so many things that pfff ... is the least matters to me the truth

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
09/14/2016 6:11 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Well, I change it every time I click, it's how they taught me to do it, but of course they also taught me to change the insulin needle and now I use it several times, I will also start doing it with the lancetas!

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
10/06/2016 4:08 p.m.

I have to say that for me it depends on the prick ... because with one of those who gave me at the beginning (bgstar), which is very bad (in my opinion) and the very fine very fine skewer, if it begins to botherThe 2 or 3 punctures, and you have to change it.However, with which I do it now (the ACCU-CHECK softclix), nothing hurts and I can spend like 1 week or so without changing it.Also with this I have no difficulty getting gout, with the other many times it hurt and at all, because I did not take or squeeze with desire.
Although of course the softclix has the most chubby lancet and it also shows that it leaves more signal on the finger, but hurt does not hurt.
And they don't get paid to make publi xD.
The needles do not reuse them, I don't forgive for now, hehe.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
10/06/2016 5:04 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Hello!I am reading the post with curiosity and I think I will go to change the x_x lancet
He will take as a month or so, and because my mother asked me that if I changed them, because the boxes of lancetas never end.And when debuting if it changed in each puncture but then for boredom I was leaving it.Now the same change 2 or 3 times a year !!I do not think that every puncture will be changed, but I think I should change it more often, what happens is that I forget.
If it is very important to change the needle yes, in fact some have the symbol of not reusing, which is a number two under a forbidden signal.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/22/2016 11:52 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello everyone!

I also take months to change the lancetas.I calculate that I change them for a quarter.I have spare parts at home, but I don't notice that it hurts less when lancet premiere.From my experience, I think that to avoid pain it is more important to use the puncture with low values ​​of the puncture depth regulator, not the fact that the lancet is new or used.I always punctuate myself with little depth and I get the blood drop.I do not notice the fingers, nor to type on the computer, nor when you touch the piano.

Now, the depth of the puncture also depends on each one's skin.If you work as a mason, for example, the skin of the fingers will be tougher and you will probably need a deeper puncture to get the blood drop.

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
11/15/2016 1:03 a.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

Once a nurse with a diabetic child, I tell myself that every time.Then he also recognized that his son changes it once a week.

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
11/17/2016 9:10 a.m.

My nurse recommends myself every 3 or 4 days, but if I notice that it hurts it, I change it before because it is possible that it has been bent a little.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2016 8:19 p.m.

The Acu-Chek Fastclix buying the cartridges at a good price since in Spain 24 lancets cost you € 7 and I am buying them in Belgium 204 for € 11 and for € 50 a year it is not worth finging your fingers.
It is my opinion

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
05/26/2017 10:50 p.m.

About 1,000 punctures.

I change them every 3 or 4 months.I click 10 times a day x 30 days every month x 3.5 months = 1,050

P.D: Before I lasted more but we have worse materials every time.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/27/2017 12:46 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It gives me 1 lancet per pull, but I do not change it so often, on average 1 a week, but I have to recognize that it shows when they are new.
Pure vaguería ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/27/2017 7:05 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I don't know.When I punish myself and it hurts a lot then I think "milks, if I no longer remember when I put it" and I go and change it.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/27/2017 5:27 p.m.

I change them in each puncture (lancetas and insulin needles).I started from the first day doing so and I have the habit (I change them even if I am away from home).At first I put the number 4 and hurt me a lot.Now only use the 1 and the discomfort is much lower.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/15/2017 6:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.