{'en': 'And the lancetas?How many punctures do they endure?', 'es': 'Y las lancetas? cuantos pinchazos aguantan?'} Image

And the lancetas?How many punctures do they endure?

zyand's profile photo   06/18/2012 2:47 p.m.

Good day.

Try to look for answers in the forum with respect to the lancetas but almost nobody mentions them or I have not known how to find it.

My question is the following, if I am the only user of my glucometer and the device "suggests" that each puncture I have to use a new lancet, (as if it were not enough to bleed us with the reactive strips) and when I acquired the deviceThe "expert" who attended me suggested that to Ahora used maximum 2 punctures every lancet.

From there I have the doubt of every when I must change the lancet, if it is really a health question to use one for each test or it is the suggestion of changing the lancet.

I await your comments about it

Greetings.

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/18/2012 2:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I of course change them every time ... and well I can tell you that the other day I was in the hospital for an issue that I count in another post and they measured the sugar like ten times and of course I did not see that the changing thelancetas or once, from what I deduce that health issue should not be ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/18/2012 4:30 p.m.

It is advisable to change it in each puncture, but I believe that nobody does it;), I change it every morning, with each lance I do the controls of the day, 6 or 7. The more punctures the more pain and more damages the finger.

DiabetesForo
06/18/2012 5:05 p.m.

Even if you are only the one that you use it as normal, that you change it with each puncture, what they told me in the hospital that is only used once, as it is needed it is deteriorating and it hurts more if you use one for several for severalMeasurements, my son every time I check the glucose use a new one ...

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
06/18/2012 9:57 p.m.

When I debuted it every morning but now ... after 2 years I change it once a week.The truth is that I am not doing badly ... Of course, if for some reason I get more controls than normal, change more often.
I always remember a doctor who told me the story of an elderly man who carried his strikeout telling him that he did not work well and give him a new one.The theme was that he had never changed the lancet and the one he had in the prick was totally round.Imagine pain to get a drop of blood 

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/19/2012 5:29 a.m.

I "usually" change them every time.What happens is that I leave it in the puncture and if I am a hiccup or go down the street if I have reused them.But in the hospital they told me to always change them.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2012 9:28 a.m.

Well, I will do it for health then, not so much to save some pesos, I did the proof of not changing it and the truth is if it is bothering more every time you are using it, although I remembered that the issue of economy is not the main problem, but the return ofGo looking for the pharmacy that gives me laziness.

thank you.

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/19/2012 12:53 p.m.

We change it with each use and leave a new launch prepared in the prick to not have to be taking it away if you have to measure urgently.

helora's profile photo
helora
07/09/2012 9:38 a.m.

Well, the truth is that my daughter does not remember changing them, I change them every two weeks or more ... a box lasts for centuries ... but has the puncture put to the minimum, and the very healthy fingers.And or I think the most important thing is that the puncture is as superficial as possible and yes, wash your hands a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/09/2012 9:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello good,

Well, I change the lancetas every time, now every 1 or 2 semans but I have been able to stay up to two months and I have not noticed that difference of great pain because the lancet is more deteriorated.I always have the prick in 1.5 of pressure force over 5. It is also true that when I change it if I notice that the puncture is cleaner but very subtle the difference to change it after each puncture.

It is that changing it after each puncture did not conceive it, I would go crazy, if I make an average of 6-8 controls a day, it is impossible since I also make a lot of life abroad.I do not do it for the economy but simply by vague.I believe that a weekly change is optimal for me.

greetings

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
08/04/2012 1:10 p.m.

Good well, I sincerely change them every century ...

U.U

Not so much, but every young time, it is not for anything, just because I do not notice any different effect from a new needle to a used, see that I have boxes from lancetas, but since I do not see difference, because I have beenAdd that I check them, if they have rounded blood or tips, but would not endure them so much, there are times that I have changed them to the days, and others a week or so, as see.

All the best.

Yahoo MMCrawler [Bot]'s profile photo
Yahoo MMCrawler [Bot]
08/08/2012 10:20 a.m.

Hello:
Man, I changed every puncture in the hospital until the educator took her hands to her head.Now every two weeks or so and it doesn't hurt much or make breakdowns ...

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
08/17/2012 4:21 p.m.

I would like to change them with each puncture, but for economy I change it every week or 2 weeks.The needles buy them from a German website and use BD, the finest there are;After each puncture, I put on some alcohol in it with a cotton piece or I use an individual disposable one that bought one of UK on eBay.

As I change after each finger and place puncture, I carry it very well and I have no damage, of course I just shed 3 times a day except once a week, that I do 6 .... I always have the click to a minimumdeep and because you can't less, but would have something less.

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
08/24/2012 5 a.m.

Greetings to all:
logically doctors (for health) and laboratories (for health and money) always recommend a lancet per puncture, is obvious,
The lancetas in theory should be changed every time for two reasons:
1) By hygiene, not only is it not good to exchange your blood with others, but even if you are the only one that you use them, the bacteria and microorganisms that begin to live for the lancet will be increasing the longer the longer time to change it.
2) The 2nd reason and for me the most important is the damage that the lancet receives with each puncture.I have already tried almost all kinds of lancetas and brands and of course for a baby the best is undoubtedly.The finest, and that is seen in the caliber of the Lancetas box.At more caliber, thinner lancet, and for me (which I have also tried) less pain.

The problem is that the faster the lance is damaged.If you could see a new needle and one used at a microscipio, surely you wouldn't leave it so long.I have seen how the 33g caliber lancetas to the third puncture no longer click, drill and even tear the skin, they even bend with use.It is true that some of 33g take more than others but in the end, the fingers thank you.

Unfortunately, the SS here do not give us the 33g and it is touching me to buy them online.
If you want I tell you the websites where I buy that I do not know if you can put pharmacies links here,

If you want the needle information here you can inform yourself a bit:

mm caliber
0.50 25g
0.45 26g
0.40 27g
0.36 28g
0.33 29g
0.30 30g
0.25 31g
0.20 33g

All the best
David.-

pirupic's profile photo
pirupic
10/23/2012 11:42 a.m.

Bruno, 3 añitos , diabética desde los 1.5. Hemo : 7.4
Novorapid: 4-2-1-2 Levemir: 2 ( noche)

Hello today I click with the meter of an acquaintance who has diabetes but does not change the lanset that passes by answering me please

fac2222's profile photo
fac2222
07/25/2014 3:28 p.m.

I think you just have to change it when another person uses it, if you fall to the ground or take it in a dirty place or if you notice that you do not click well.Come on, I usually change it once a year or so and in 20 years I have not had problems.

Fac2222 said:
Hello today I click with the meter of an acquaintance q has diabetes but do not change the lanset that passes in this regard, please answer me

Do you know if you have any contagious disease?If you don't have it, you shouldn't worry too much.But of course you have to always avoid sharing needles or lancets.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/25/2014 7:02 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The truth is that not only diabetes if you refer to HIV or hepatitis that others could be the same and told me that there is a risk but since the lancet does not drag blood only click is not so much, when I do not have HIV or Epatitis

fac2222's profile photo
fac2222
07/26/2014 2:33 a.m.

The truth is that every week or so, no other thing because I have a warehouse at home, because in my ambulatory they give us the lancetas, one by strip and in addition to throwing the branch the nurse for not changing it because she says that almost everyoneWe do the same, that we are some "guarros" who does not know how we have not yet taken something so long there, in the air ...
As when I always say that I do not give me lancets that I have many at home ... he told me that the lancetas, the laboratories give them with the strips, so we were not so guarros and we change them more often

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/26/2014 9:07 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala, because telling that the hands always carry them clean, but q, a quick measure, is precisely one of the advantages of the glucometer. And many times in the street and walking .., or in full hypo ..,,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/26/2014 8:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, as type II diabetics without insulin I use glucometer only once a week or thus (sometimes something more often), always allegedly and in year. And I have not changed them ever !!!Ufff !!!Although the truth is that it is going well ... it does not hurt !!!(And that I have a replacement).
Well, I am interested (sispli, sisplu) web pages (which you know are safe) for the sale of lancetas.Thanks Guapis

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/26/2014 8:52 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.