{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

@pikelinda the issue of when to put the insulin depends on the type of food you are going to consume (or at least it happens to me).I put it with the legumes at the end of eating (they have a lot of fiber and they go up very slowly), with the pasta just before starting and with potatoes/rice or fruit about 15-20 minutes before starting.The best thing is that you test and see how your body reacts.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/15/2016 9:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Inday that if I have noticed, that the rice rises a lot.In fact it is what goes up the most.I will do that, to try everything to see.Of course entertaining I will be haha
Thank you and kisses girls!

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
01/16/2016 10:52 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

@pikelinda In my experience Rice is criminal, I get a rush that you don't see.In fact, since I am pregnant I avoid eating it, I peep eat legumes, pasta or potatoes (with vegetables always) that I have proven that I am much better.But as always, each body is different so you know, test and error ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/18/2016 7:54 p.m.

@Inday just yesterday I did the rice test, because here on Sundays you eat paella haha.Doub how many units put on and finally opt for the 2, I prefer to fall a little short than to go now that I am trying.And at the time I had 135. I really had the truth.

I have food with that insulin at the moment.I have the subject now at breakfast and dinner that I am going without insulin for the moment.On Thursday I have to call the educator and I don't know very well what he will tell me.

The 140 stop that they told me at eating ... at breakfast and dinner.It is not by far, Rando between 145-155 but of course, tamus adjusted everything that Jolines.The case that when something higher has come out, I have measured again at the time.I mean at 2 h of having had breakfast and dinner, and planted in 95-100.And my question is, if I insulin there too, at 2 hours could it get off too much?Because of course the first hour would come down, but I think he keeps acting longer.

In the end.What a cocoa.

pikelinda
01/18/2016 8:04 p.m.

The same thing happens to me.How to get well at the time or two hours ... downturn!And other times that a high tad arrived but I have active insulin and how it corrects me ... Download again.

The endocrine told me that if I can get well that I try but that if I am going to be low all the day that is balancing and does not obsess myself with the limits.In fact, my hemoglobin is 6.1 and does not worry, on the contrary, it congratulates me.

Tomorrow I have the first pregnancy control appointment, I will be 16+6.Let's see what they tell me about the kilos: -s

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
01/18/2016 8:31 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

Exact @irenemv is what I think.If they add the fast there, to lower that 150 to 140 and then I will be low, I don't know.In two weeks they look at megoglobin to me, to see how it comes out:

I encourage that appointment and that everything is good haha ​​tell them that are kilos of happiness :) They quarrel because I lose weight, but at the same time they tell me the diet to Rajatabla XD

pikelinda
01/18/2016 10:16 p.m.

Well, in the end I called the educator today.

The insulin of food has risen to 3 units.

And I tell him above all the issue of breakfast. He had the pre -took it in 85, took the coffee with milk (with saccharin) and two toast of whole wheat bread and at 170 time, but at 2 hours 104. His answer was that this is howFatal, that I had to put insulin there too and that I am running many risks with those values.I told him that good, that my fear was when I arrived at 2 hours that is when I get off on its own, and he told me that it doesn't matter, that if it gives me a hypo that eats sugar.That begins with 2 units and see, and to click it 15 minutes before and then since breakfast.

And I have stayed with a cucumber face, really.I have the impression that my body if it secretes the insulin that touches, only a little slower.But I do not think I had those values ​​at 2 hours of the intake.

On the other hand, waking up with values ​​between 80-90 I am also scared to click, wait 15 minutes and eat.I don't know, sometimes I think I'm exaggerated, but all this is a bit big.

How do you see it?

pikelinda
01/20/2016 4:46 p.m.

They just make me measure at 2 hours of eating, I don't know if it's because I have guy 1 since childhood and at the time they are not worth them.
It seems to me that your values ​​are phenomenal, but I am not an expert.
What hospital are they taking it to you?
A kiss!!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
01/20/2016 5:35 p.m.

Well, I am from Valencia and the endocrine that sees me is at the Arnau hospital in Vilanova.And the theme of gines, ultrasound and others in the La Fe hospital.

pikelinda
01/20/2016 5:40 p.m.

@Marga_rita make me look at me at the time and I am also guy, although the truth seems very relative because it is not the same to eat legume than roasted potatoes.In general I would say that at least in my case the peak after eating is usually at the time and a half of having started.

@Pikelinda, the breakfast post is usually the most complicated to control in pregnancy and I believe that the educator is right, 170 is a bit high, keep in mind that it is every day.If you want to save the insulin at the moment you can try 2 things, the first is to walk a little after breakfast, I don't know if you have those possibility.The second is to break breakfast, that is, first take the coffee with milk and a toast and at the time or take the second toast (or a couple of maria cookies or whatever to complete).

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/20/2016 7:38 p.m.

Mmm I think I'm going to try that @inday leave breakfast, but putting me the 2 units.This will correct my peak, and if at the time the other toast I cover a little face to the second hour that I do not give me a low.
Thank you!!

pikelinda
01/20/2016 10:09 p.m.

And out of curiosity, what values ​​are normal at the time?The same tomorrow I measure me at the time.It is true that it is very relative depending on what you eat.
I have been told that at two hours I must be between 70-120 and before meals between 70-105.

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
01/20/2016 11:21 p.m.

Well, at the time you have to be below 140 ... and yes, depending on what you eat, complicated hehe, I attest

pikelinda
01/20/2016 11:41 p.m.

To me the values ​​that have given me are less than 130 at the time and less than 120 at 2 hours

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/21/2016 3:20 a.m.

Hello to all

It is the first time that I write in this forum although I have been read for a long time (what I started the forum of page 1 i I go for the 36 haha ​​you have become the book that I read every night but I do not know anyone of these of theseLast pages!) Just yesterday I started the preparation to be able to get pregnant, about 3 months ago I had a hem of 8.1 (I know it is very high to stay, and that's why I want to put everything from me to be able to lower it as quickly as possible) I think I thinkThat from the last hemo so far I must have lowered a lot, but until February 22 that I do analytics I will not know.Well, like all, they told me that before meals I had to be less than 100 and at the time less than 140. I put 18 from Lantus before going to sleep, but they told me to download it to 16 not toMake Hip in the morning.Yesterday I was well, within the values ​​that have told me, I went to sleep at 130 and I got up this morning at 47. I have breakfast 5 rations of hydrates and I have put 5 units of fast humalog, but to thetime was 278 ... what should I do in these cases?I still have an active insulin and if I correct I will make a hiccup, but what happens if I did not correct?What do you do?I have put 1 fast unit and one hour later I follow 278 ...

I hope you can help me, thank you very much !!!

gha's profile photo
gha
01/21/2016 10:09 a.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

Hi @gha welcome :) I can't help you much, because I'm still friendly of insulin haha ​​I just have been with her for a week, but surely they advise you great.

By the way @inday worked great for breakfast.I put on the 2 units, I took the coffee and a toast and at the time I had 122, so the other toast was zamping because I was hungry the truth hehe

At the moment I am on a loss at work and I can do it like that, but when I return ... I don't know very well how I will.I worry a little because now with insulin I have to make some schedules with meals and others, and working if I can lunch something thanks, so I don't know.

YOOOOOO THANK YOU !!You are a great help

Kisses!!

pikelinda
01/21/2016 8:13 p.m.

@gha welcome, here asks everything if we can help you.
I am still in pregnancy, a year ago I consider putting myself to it and well they asked me the same as you comment on figures, and as it happens to you, my glycosylated hemoglobin was not perfect to raise it, so I got conscientiously andLittle by little I have succeeded.
I do not know very well what treatment you carry, if you eat for portions, sensitivity factor ... etc more than anything because I do not know if what you say are figures of an isolated day or it is usually that you wake up with hiccups.
At first glance and without knowing much, climbing can be partly by the huge rebound.
And correct in 278, I would certainly do it, even at the time and be active those of food.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/22/2016 1:11 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Welcome @Gha!I also usually correct if I am high even if I have an active insulin.In my case, I know that if I am 278 as you yesterday at eating it sure that I will not be below 120 at 2 hours.But each body is different.
I agree with @gemater, the bells of breakfast may be due to the rebound effect, wait a couple of days to see if it is repeated before uploading the fast breakfast.

@pikelinda If you stay hungry you can try to eat a handful of nuts that are quite heat but do not influence blood glucose.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/22/2016 5:13 a.m.

Thank you very much for answering @gemater, @inday i @pikelinda.I think it was due to the rebound, because but I did not explain it to myself with 1 and did not go down and at the time I was in 148 I put another one and I arrived at 67 at lunchtime, bone that well!I do not usually be high in the morning, but it is also true that I am not less than 100 ... I have always taken a glass of recall milk at night and the endo told me to try not to do it and go down the lantus.But yesterday I went to sleep at 100 and with the fear of getting up again so short I had half a base of milk and today 120 ... I guess I have to lose fear and not take anything before going to sleep.I have had breakfast less than yesterday and I have put one more unit of Humalog (I hope not to make the descent of the century within two hours ..)

So you asked me @gemater, I have treatment of Lantus (16 before bedtime) and fast humalog before meals (which the variation depending on the rations that as).I have been evolving for 19 years, I debuted with 8 and now I have 27. The truth is that I have never had serious scares but I have not had below 7, in addition my work is very unregulated at the level of schedules and many meals outside, andIt costs me a bit planning things.

Did you happen to you that at the beginning of this whole preparation you were very afraid of the descent?As I am so fair all day I have the feeling that if I move from the sofa I will not stop doing hypos ... I have been going to the gym for years 3 times a week to do a little bike and some machines and now I dare not.Yesterday I went to walk 40 minutes and hypo the song ...!

How did you do it?The truth is that I am quite overwhelmed ...

What a roll I've put you ...

gha's profile photo
gha
01/22/2016 8:50 a.m.

Dm1 desde 1996

@pikelinda for what I can intuit here you say you are hungry.What I do is eat some little thing without hydrates and if it can be little caloric (for example, cherry tomatitos, or a small carrot) and more caloric, olives, pickles ... a time I loved the boat artichokes and also chopped someIf I was hungry ... haha

gha's profile photo
gha
01/22/2016 8:51 a.m.

Dm1 desde 1996

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.