{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Yes, starting in two breakfast I am hungry that time of interval.Today I tried to leave it and eat the two toast together, putting the 2 units and Maaaal.At the time I had 162 :( I am convinced that insulin at the time has not yet done effect, because I have the same values ​​putting it as without putting it on.
So tomorrow I will split it, and I will add some nuts with the toast to see how such.

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
01/22/2016 9:36 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

@Gha I When I commented and also for my work, avoiding the hypos was absolutely impossible to me.I was practically every day traveling and eating outside, it was not stopping and I had a couple of good scares.
So I was raised to put the insulin bomb, which I initially did not want to shoot.With effort and many hypos I managed to go down to 7, but I was not able to go down more than even that, and since if or if with pregnancy I had to take a bomb, because in the end in June I decided and put it on.
For me it was a before and after.Freedom at schedules and meals that has given me, the flexibility to raise insulin decimas ... etc. have done the remainder and now I am in 6.1.
Since I carry it the hypos have not been as exaggerated, or as common as before, and the same with the rebounds.I don't know if they raised it to you but it is a good option.And if you can afford an even more help to improve and a lot of tranquility with the hypos.
Also you try to score everything and once a week, look for a hole and stop to review everything carefully, see if there are repeated low or upload guidelines, or if there is any food that raises you more than another and little by little you will begin to take the bullFor the horns, you'll see !!Thus you can know if you lower or climb for a concrete cause and rule out modifying anything, or if you really have plenty of insulin at some point.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/22/2016 4:37 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Yes, @gemater, I suppose I will have to consider the bomb, but my old endocrine told me that if I did not give I repair me as many times as necessary, as I was doing, that I did not need the bomb.But the truth is that I have been in a very large overwhelming for a few days, I can only be sitting on the couch, but hiccups ...!But if I get the fast I do not reach the posts or pussy ... and what worries me the most are the posts of breakfast, which there is no way ... today after 120 with more insulin than yesterday and less hydrates 278,I correct myself with 2, I go to the gym, and at 20 minutes on the tape ... 43!It's a disaster ...

If in a month, which is when I see the endo again I am the same, I will go for the bomb.Even that I am afraid that it costs me a lot to use it ... is it a bit mess, right?

Thank you :)

gha's profile photo
gha
01/22/2016 4:44 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

Hello girls.

Today I had my first hypo, nor understand how the truth.He breakfast at 8.30 the coffee with milk and two toasts, with the 2 units, and at the time I was 162 as I said before.And I didn't look again, I already pissed off every time I see those values.And about 10.45 ate lunch, an integral turkey sandwich.Half an hour or so, at 11.15 I began to find fatal, dizzy, my hands were trembling, and above home.I measured right away and had 72. It is not a very low level but I already had those symptoms and I got quite nervous.I ate cookies and went up.But I do not explain, with only 2 units and having already lunch that downturn.

At the time of the food, I thought it would come out through the clouds, but no.Before eating marked 90, I put my 3 units and at the time I had 126. supposedly, well, within the range.But again crowded in case at 2 or 3 hours I was lowered again.Luckily, he didn't happen again.

I am really very discouraged.It is not easy for me to control that peak of the hour.The endocrine until February 11 does not see me.The header does not give it the slightest importance, it is more wants to be incorporated into the work since I was ongoing in the first risk quarter because I had two previous abortions.The midwife is disregarded and says that is the thing of the endocrine.And I am very lost.

I read you, and I see you controlling everything, even with your descents and ups, but knowing your body and how to assimilate everything and knowing how to act according to the moment.And I feel stupid, as is.Just landed in all this of insulins and others, and pregnant, which makes it even more worried.The truth, you are to admire.

I guess that downturn, because I don't even know if it was a hip, I finished demoralizing.I am disciplined with the diet, I take care of everything I can, and it doesn't matter, I escape my hands.In almost 14 weeks of pregnancy, I have not even gain weight, on the contrary, I have dropped 2 kilos and peak.

Maybe he is wearing me a little psychologically spending the whole day pending of glycemia, of what, of what is not.The punctures do not bother me, or anything like that, it is like a stress kept all day with that theme that leaves me exhausted.I try to comfort myself thinking about the baby, looking at the photos of the echo, knowing that it is all right at the moment, and it still costs me.

And tomorrow, I don't know what I will do with breakfast.If I will put insulin, or if not.If I will change it for something else, or I know.

Well, I am very sorry for the roll, but I needed to vent a little.

Kisses to all

pikelinda
01/22/2016 6:33 p.m.

@pikelinda, if you think that at the time the insulin has not had effect you can try to click 15 minutes before.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/22/2016 6:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, @pikelinda to me the endocrine told me this, that to try to get well to the posts I click 10-15 minutes before eating.The truth is that less at breakfast in the others works for me :) encourage!

gha's profile photo
gha
01/22/2016 10:41 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996

@pikelinda do not discourage you, diabetes is like that, it makes you pending it all day, and adding pregnancy the thing is further complicated.But that all this does not prevent you from enjoying pregnancy and taking away the illusion.You will see how in the end you will find the key.
If that proves tomorrow to put the insulin about 15 minutes before to see how you are doing.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/22/2016 10:56 p.m.

@Gha the bomb is not so complicated and of course you don't have to think about it as something to use in case you repair.It is another tool to help us and to make all the control easier.To me in this forum they helped me a lot with how to use it, so if you can look at threads that for you to get an idea and as always ask if you have doubts.

At first the calculation of the basal or analyzing you more times is the but that has, that and adapt to take it that at least in my case was the least.Then it is to change the chip of what you did so far with insulin only and if you take away fears and throw yourself quickly and improve very quickly.

And well then get the way to use it at specific moments as if I do sports, if I go down, if I go to the beach ... etc But little more and that is proof and error, nobody better than you to meet you.

Technologically speaking if you ask yourself too, nothing complicated, you will catch it as fast as if you changed mobile.

@Pikelinda do not come down, sometimes we have inexplicable events worthy of fourth millennium hahaha but you see that it is repeated and there is no reason for that hypoglycemia forget it !!PONAER YOU NERVOUSE THAT IT WAS OR CHARGE HIM NOT HELP.
I am also going to tell you that if you saw the symptoms of course and acted how it should be down more, why worry?A champion!The theory is to be in 90 all day, but it is not the reality of our day by day, you have little so you do not exempt yourself either.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/22/2016 11:17 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello girls, thank you very much for the animals.

Today I try to put the insulin 15 minutes before breakfast, and the same, at 167.Or maybe I should click more units, but of course with yesterday, now I'm afraid to get them up.

If I see that tomorrow I continue the same, then I will call the educator again to see what she tells me.At least, it is the only figure that goes a little.After meals I have already controlled it, and the dinners without insulin also arrived well.

I had to have asked the kings a patient car hehe

THANK YOU ALL :)

pikelinda
01/23/2016 11:50 a.m.

Good morning to all!

@pikelinda, if it serves as comfort I am the same as you, I can't get off the post of breakfast ... at the time today to 239 up the fast and lower the breakfast of breakfast, I correct myself and at 2 hours a big hip ...He despairs ... I can't normalize the mornings ... tips?

I am so happy to write to you :)

Where are you from?

Good weekend!

gha's profile photo
gha
01/23/2016 12:23 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996

AIS Yes, the breakfast post is our challenge @Gha haha.I'm going to take it more calmly and try things, because I still have months left.And I don't want to be a downturn, I want to enjoy my pregnancy, which is the third attempt, and thank God I already passed the first trimester ...

And the truth, I am also happy to walk here.It is different to talk about this with people who are in your very situation ... My friends look at me with rare faces when I tell them haha

I am from Valencia Capital

pikelinda
01/23/2016 12:42 p.m.

@Gha The breakfast post is difficult to control, it may be that having dropped the dose of Lantus you do not have enough insulin to counteract the hormones that are secreted in the morning.It seems that you need faster and maybe even before (I have come to have to put the insulin 40 minutes before breakfast to avoid those peaks).In that sense I agree with @gemater, I think the bomb would make you great because you could lower the basal at night to avoid hypos and upload it in the morning to face the alba effect.I have taken it since May and I am very happy, it took me as a month to adjust the basal ones.

@pikelinda It is possible that the educator tells you to raise the breakfast dose and make a lunch a couple of hours later to avoid descent.Anyway, if it is the only post that you have a little out of the rank you also do not cross, as I say, the breakfast post is usually the cross of most diabetics.

I am from Madrid but now I am living in the US.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/23/2016 5:01 p.m.

Well, we'll see what he tells me.But something like that will have to be.

Today almost at the time of the food, I noticed Mareadilla again.He gave me 75 the glucometer, and as I had the food already made although it was a bit soon I said, well as already.And of course, I hesitated whether to put the insulin or not.I also had lentils and legumes as soon as they upload me.In the end I decided not to wear anything, and I think I did well, since at the time I was 135.

Is there any figure in which you do not put the fast on meals?Normally I used to arrive between 85-95 and of course I put it in no doubt, but below 80 I do not know if it is correct to put it or it depends on what I will eat.

Last night I also get to dinner in 70. I don't know why I just arrived so fair, I'm eating the same thing. Today I'm going to try to snack a little more to see but I get so low to dinner.

pikelinda
01/23/2016 5:17 p.m.

@pikelinda most girls in this thread have type 1 diabetes so we always put insulin with meals.Your case is different because your pancreas secretes insulin what happens that it seems that a little more slowly than normal.You will see what works for you.At the moment it seems that today you have succeeded since the post of the food has been quite good.
I don't know that snacks, but you can try to add some protein that usually helps glycemia for longer.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
01/23/2016 5:26 p.m.

Well, I used to snack an apple and a few nuts.Today I will eat a piece of whole wheat bread with cheese or ham and a glass of milk to see if I get higher.
I don't know if I'm still eating little and that's why I arrive so fair

pikelinda
01/23/2016 5:35 p.m.

Hello girls, how are you all?Does anyone know how to make carbohydrate counting?

Karen's profile photo
Karen
01/24/2016 5:26 a.m.

Hello girls I am with my pregnancy programming since August ... I took care of 0 the sugar and I really tell you that I began to take care of when I got pregnant in February and without looking for it ... I lost it in May since I hadI was left with bad control, my endocrine told me that that baby came contaminated ... I had a real thing badly and I blame me every day of my bad control ... well and I hope to get it and let it go well this time.Many animos to all that you are looking for.

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
01/24/2016 11:50 a.m.

Hello girls !!
@Gha maybe you could go up Lantus and put it twice, I started putting it at night but there was no night without hiccups and they have put it tomorrow and night.Above with pregnancy I have had to raise Lantus like this, it is appreciated because with what it makes to put 40 of the pull is a lot.As for light I am also considering putting the bomb, take advantage before staying it because so you already control it in pregnancy.

@Mariamarquez Welcome !!Let's see if you soon get pregnant.This forum is of great help.

@pikelinda encouragement that you are making it phenomenal.I am from Madrid.And he also spoke to my forum environment all day, the people who do not have diabetes think that this is a path of roses.
@indoy and @gemater thanks to both, always willing to help and encourage.

A kiss

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
01/24/2016 12:12 p.m.

@Gha to me the breakfast post also costs me, more than anything because it is the time of the day I am hungry and I can't adjust it.I was unemployed, so until a month ago I divided breakfast into two.In the first breakfast I was less Bolus per unit of HC and in the secondI had two doses of active insulin and I was great because it arrived in 80-90 and kept me until the food.
Right now because of the job I can't do it like that, and I have returned to 140 at two hours.But I arrive later perfect, I am between 90-100 at the time, at two hours and at the food I arrive lower, between 70-80, because I have to delay the food time a little.So, as @inday says for a loose number I am not going to cross, I will go up without spending and see if I manage to adjust it, and if not as long as it does not go up to that it already serves me.
I am from Salamanca, but I have lived in Barcelona for a long time.

@pikelinda As Inday already told you, in our case the non -click is not an option.In the case of gestational diabetes I would not know whether or not you can stop putting insulin, but of course it did not go wrong that day.And totally agree with her in which you add protein to the snack.Until now my snack or post dinner towards, and simply add a glass of milk in both of them has avoided my noctura hypos and I get somewhat better to dinner.

@Marga_rita humor and positivism that never get lost !!So you don't have to thank anything, for that we are all here !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/24/2016 1:42 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Mariamarquez welcome to the forum and I feel listen to what happened to you, but think that if you were not well controlled then, because that was simply the time and is already !!We all have times of worse control, so I encourage and therefore again

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/24/2016 1:46 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.