Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Congratulations Epic !!!Now to potter and get the most out of the gossip ...: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/28/2011 6:22 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

This is milk, I think that now with the dexcon I am immortal !!!Hehe ... is a total control over diabetes ... You realize your failures and fuck ... I stay without words ...
The cost?I have calculated in a time of 4 years (time in which it will be in the SS) are € 200 per month.It is a paste, but with 1 day I have it, I have created such an addiction that I can no longer live without him !!!
This morning I have gone to my health center for glucometer strips and I was dying to teach it to the ATS, but I will not do it because with the work that costs me to give me the strips ... if it learns thatI have this, I will believe that I don't need them anymore and it will be more difficult for me to give them to me.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/28/2011 6:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This is milk, I think that now with the dexcon I am immortal !!!Hehe ... is a total control over diabetes ... You realize your failures and fuck ... I stay without words ...
The cost?I have calculated in a time of 4 years (time in which it will be in the SS) are € 200 per month.It is a paste, but with 1 day I have it, I have created such an addiction that I can no longer live without him !!!
This morning I have gone to my health center for glucometer strips and I was dying to teach it to the ATS, but I will not do it because with the work that costs me to give me the strips ... if it learns thatI have this will believe that I don't need them anymore and it will be more difficult for me to give them.

congratulations.Now you will learn a lot about your body and how it behaves with food, which in the end is, to try to learn about our body and advance to events, so as not to have to be in tow of the results, as we do todayThose of us with multidosis with feathers (corrections, downside ...).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/28/2011 6:57 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I sign up for the feeling of collective envy, there is no month that I do not look at this thread since 2009 to see if there is any advance ...

Honestly congratulations, I do not see the time I touch me too

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
04/28/2011 3:15 p.m.

Hello everyone, yesterday, the first day of the dexcon, I have crazy, I could not live without it, yesterday, 150 km with a port by means of 10km, greet with 82 glycemia, arrival with 100 glycemia, higher beakof 123. Incredible the entire race in the lead, with force both to climb the port and to go down.Before after such a big effort I was empty and first that I recovered ...... I suspect that before some vertigo glycemia peaks !!!
It is incredible the security that the apparatus gives you.And above all to know that you are perfect !!!
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/02/2011 1:02 a.m.

Epic, you can insert it into some area other than the abdomen such as the low back zone (with clear help :)), I say it for the topic of protection why I practice martial arts and apart in my work I could also hit it, another issue, have you tried what can you have?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
05/03/2011 2:28 p.m.

I have only tried it in the abdomen, the truth is a scheme tomorrow a week ago, bone I have only put a sensor.
Scope?I don't think I reach 3 meters.
But fuck, what happened ...

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/03/2011 5:09 p.m.

Let's see how long the sensors last.especially in adverse conditions;That is, playing sports, which is what interests me too.And so you can answer questions of this type: take off with certain movements?How do you support the daily shower of the gym?Can you run comfortably with him?and do weights?And the stretching movements you do in any sports practice?This topic has always generated many doubts in these devices.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/03/2011 6:33 p.m.

Hi guys,
Grondullo, for the moment I carry it 1semana and there, the sensor does not notice at all, I do athletics and cycling, and my work is very physical too, the sensor does not move, nor does it take off, no problem, I stretchAnd doing abdominals and I have not found a movement that still bothers me.
Greetings and ask what you want.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/04/2011 5:01 a.m.

Epic, why do you say that before with that effort you were empty?The device only tells you the amount of sugar you have, it does not give you anything else, right?I will injected glucose or glucagon (whatever). Your apparatus "only" is a mere passive witness, right?

On the other hand, I congratulate you for being able to do so much sports being diabetic.That has always been my dream ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2011 7:05 a.m.

Hi Roa, let's see, when I am riding a bike or running calculation +| _ when I have to take something and then take a gel or a glucosport, or a bar, etc ... depending on the effort to which I am facing me, thatIt happened to me most of the time?That I took it when the symptoms of the hypo appeared and then I was already dusty and first that I recovered and not buff and also left me dust for the rest of the day, tired, etc ... with this apparatus I see thatI have glycemia (I will imagine 100) indicates with an arrow if it goes down (normal, fast or very fast) then I take something, it tells me that I am stable, because I am not taking anything, or it indicates that it is going up!Then strive everything you want that there is no fear of thread at this time and drink only water.Then I manage to go to the folk without the need to go with 200 glucose, which on the other hand leaves my shattered muscles !!!
Your dream is to play sports?My dream is to make an Ironman, but I'm afraid to swim in an open sea, I can't remedy it.But why don't you do sports?For being diabetic?Don't tell me what I don't believe it, it will be for a problem, right?If you need any help, count on me.
Greetings friend.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/04/2011 11:27 a.m.

Amazing the game you get to the device!

I, before diabetes, and then I could not because I have fattened a lot.Yes I hope to download kilos and, in the future, have some pot to help me with glycemia, in order to return to athletics.Now, for now, I only bike, although never more than 20km ... something is something!I wanted to ask you, don't you think a bomb could also help you?I say it because, if you are with hiccups, you can cut the infusion of the basal and thus not have to take supplements ...

Ironman ... What a pass !!!There is a diabetic, Antonio Ortega, who does.Maybe if you get in touch with the Diatletic team they can solve the doubts you have with swimming, you will tell us ;-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2011 12:05 p.m.

And not just talk about Roa sport.In normal life I have changed a pass.
I am afraid of the sea and that does not change anything, hehehe has nothing to do with diabetes.
All the best

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/04/2011 12:16 p.m.

Hello everyone.
Like Epi I also have the Dexcom since December.In case you want to clarify some doubts to tell you that in principle it is lasting about 15 days each sensor, from that time there are time intervals that no glucose data is recorded or the measurements are not so reliable (at least inmy case).To last longer without taking off there are adherent wipes for that purpose but from 8 or 10 days something is for something and helped me as a tape to hold better.As EPI says, it seems to me something phenomenal that helps us a lot and somehow changes the way to control ourselves by showing more safety of glucose figures at all times.I do not have a bomb (I am waiting for them to put it ...) but I think the continuous monitor with the pump is the best treatment for the disease.

JSS's profile photo
JSS
05/04/2011 1:34 p.m.

I work in a workshop and I do not stop thinking where I could hide the receiver so as not to hit it loading any weight, in my pocket I am a little scared to take the mobile and sometimes it has not been well stopped, in the case of havingWhat to do some kind of activity like taekwondo or swim with turning it off and leave it apart is enough, right?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
05/04/2011 3:05 p.m.

Luigi, my work is very physical too and you always find a pocket to wear a man, what you have to inform yourself is the issue of contact sport, I think that the sensor does not kick much, but the issue of water is no problem.
I have had a mishap, today I fell out of the sensor, I had 7 days there was already a fur taken off, and I sudo like an animal, so I just put another new one, I have protected the glue wipe (inI did not do the other) and I have put another protector that brings for exceptional cases (I think I am "that") that for those who sweat a lot and so on ..... well, do nothing to do this, the truth is the truthlasting those 15 days I think the accounts come out.
Greetings to all.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/04/2011 5:20 p.m.

I insist.What envy you give me.It's the only thing I want in my diabetes.A continuous sensor.With that I would be happy and my hemoglobin would improve even more.The only thing I want.No bombs (or not at least as they remain silly like now).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/05/2011 6:04 a.m.

Ays Gondrullo, what Penita makes me read that ...
Epic, I'm glad, you look plethoric: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/05/2011 7:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Montse, if that day comes, you will know, it is clear.But do not think that the pump is the panacea and the solution.Many people put it on and do not solve anything.What happens is that currently, and given the restrictions of implementation and protocols that are followed to determine candidates, all pump candidates are people with problems, whether instability, or inadvertent hypoglycemia, etc.That is why the percentage of "success" in the pump is very high, because almost everyone starts from bad disease control.It is very difficult to find cases of implantation of a bomb to a person who with multidosis was more or less good and we are 7% or less.You won't see that so easy.And therefore you would not see that this person most likely would not improve with the bomb.Logically.

On the other hand, the continuous sensor is an absolutely basic and universal improvement, advantageous for 100% of people with diabetes, because 100% should look glycemia.And having a single point sampling a day and only a "complete" profile (3 measurements) a week (as I did when I started), I think it is infinitely worse for the control of the disease than the situationthat later years were lived, where personal meters appeared and where the protocols have already been dictating that the profiles must be almost daily (not in all people, of course).And that increase in measurement sampling has directly implied an improvement of the disease in patients.And in the same way that in their day, the different studies were demonstrating and endorsing that the glycemia meters and increase the number of controls, allowed to improve hemoglobins and reduce complications, now we will also see how the studies that relate the continuous sensors appearand its total sampling with an improvement in the control of diabetes and the reduction of complications.That is a global improvement for people with diabetes.No bombs, because not everyone can access them, or not everyone has the necessary knowledge, or not they benefit their placement.That is why I have been dreaming of putting on a sensor and being able to stop depending on the apparatus, and being able to know me better in my daily profile, and learn to know at what time I get up, when I lower me, and how my body behaves in all situationsof my life.That will allow me to improve my disease control in a much simpler way than the pump.And above all, it gives me (at least to me) a bestial tranquility, because I have some panic to current ultra -grape insulins, derived from my fear even more ancestral to hypoglycemia.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/05/2011 10:59 a.m.

I am with Gondurulo in that aspesto, I am not able to take out the pen at any time, even simulate the effect of a bomb with it, what as required is I get the dose little by little and at the intervals ofTime necessary, in dems my technique is such that I already click up to the clothes hehehe, what did solve my life would be the meter, to take away the damn question ... I'll be low ?, Or ...I'm tired ... I'll be high?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
05/05/2011 11:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.