Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

TNT, don't know what you are going.Why do you always have to speak attacking?Why do you get a topic that you don't even interest and judge people who are interested?And finally, why do you have to talk about all the issues even if you have no idea?I can't understand what you want.Maybe, if you could not allow it, the system is shit and it is better that anyone has it.
I am not going to give their opinion if the continuous meter is the solution or not (although I have taken it half a year and at least I have an opinion with some foundation ...).Only that nonsense you have said:
because there are people to whom each sensor lasts less than 7 days is a lie, first because if he fails before the seven days they change it to you for a new one, only one failed one and came a messenger gave me a new one and took meThe old man.The truth is that no sensor (apart from the one I fail) has lasted less than 2 weeks ... and the estimated price per year is 1920eur.
If you are looking in my messages, you will see that it was very criticism with Novalab (the company that supplies it) that I have always told the truth about this system and it is true that I have not put it for four months because I have had a lot of extra expenses and did not have the optionto buy it.

There are several things that I don't understand ...

As much as I review my interventions in this thread (they have been two interventions, it is the third) I do not see that I am attacking or judging or insulting anyone or anything like that, in both interventions I think I express myself quite correctly.
In my first intervention I have only given an opinion related to the costs of a continuous glucose monitoring system, in my second intervention I deepen a little more in that same opinion and comment on a couple of things that do not make a continuous glucose monitoring systemby itself.
I have not said at any time what I think of a continuous glucose monitoring system itself, or if I am interested in it, I have only given an opinion related to what it costs, it is an opinion like any other (neither better nor worse)with which you can coincide or not to coincide and that it seems that it is an opinion with which the large majority of users who have intervened and are intervening in this thread (in fact even the person who dedicates that post coincides in some way withthat opinion for what he comments in the final part of the post).

That regarding my interventions, with respect to the person who dedicates that post:

One of the things that catches my attention is that I do not remember having had any conversation or private or public with this person (private conversation I can assure that I have not maintained any, public conversation I cannot assure 100%, I would have to review all myPosts in this forum to be able to ensure it but what I can assure is that if we have ever coincided in some thread this person and I have not attacked or judged or insulted or anything like that).
I say so that there is a bad vibes and that it comes from afar, I personally have no idea where this comes out.

Another of the things that catches my attention is that it might seem that this person is taken as personal attacks opinions that are somewhat "contrary" to a system of continuous glucose monitoring (say that it is expensive or that it is invasive or similar)If this were the case, this person would have a more or less serious problem but it seems that this is not so since if a full thread is ehaKed, it can be seen that there are quite a lot of opinions like that (which in a way they are "contrary") andHowever, this person does not jump for any of them, he has only jumped for one, mine.
Maybe this person has some kind of fixation with me, I repeat the same, I have no idea where this comes out.

Let's see tica (I think it's the first time I godirectly to you) in that post that you have dedicated to me you do precisely the things you accuse me, attack me and judge me.You attack me by directing me and saying that I attacked people in my posts (or that I am very aggressive in my posts or I do not know what you intend to imply) and judge me for example when I enter to value about whether I have orI have no interest in something or if I have or have no idea of ​​something.
It is a bit wrong to accuse someone of doing something when you are doing something that is precisely.

I answer you:
- I have not attacked anyone or anything like that, I have only given an opinion.When you find opinions that you don't like the best you can do is ignore them.
- I get into the issues that I have interest or that I directly feel like this is an internet forum _publico_ and any user can participate if you wish in the issues you want and on the other hand ... I have not judged anyone.When you find things that are difficult for you to read the best you can do is ignore them.
- I participate in the issues you want (well because you have an interest or because I feel like it or pq directly to me) since this is not the "private preserve" of ethics, as I have already said, this is an internet forum _pubico_.

A advice that would give you would be to take a tila or a Valerian before posting that are things that go quite well for the nerves and so on the best if you are a little calm you can tell me where that bad roll comes from that makes it inThe first post in which you go to me are so "pleasant."

-----------------------

For people who are entering to comment on this "controversy":
I think that to comment to comment on the "controversy" you have to read all the posts of the "controversy" before, I recommend reading calmly all the posts of the "controversy" that are few and especially I recommend reading this very calmly.

I have only given an opinion related to the cost of a continuous glucose monitoring system, it is an opinion like any other, which also gives the circumstance that most of those who are intervening coincide, I have not yet read anyone say whatOtherwise (which is one of the things that catches my attention from this "controversy", it is an opinion that most share but nevertheless there is "controversy" ...).

Be careful with the syllogisms in plan "If you say something negative or contrary to ... you are against ..." PQ can take error, at no time have I said what I think of a continuous monitoring system itself and I have notSaid if I have one or if I have ever had one (maybe there could be some surprise ...).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/03/2011 6:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think we should leave the post just to talk about continuous meters.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/04/2011 12:24 a.m.

TNT, I do not need tilas, nor Valerias nor several nonsense ... you think that you have given an opinion like any other, respecting the people who use the continuous meter, because perfect.I am very clear because I said what I said and I don't have to justify myself at all.End of the subject.

Epic2008, you are right, let's leave the post to talk about what matters :) Last week I call to ask for the sensor box, it will arrive today.If you are going to catch the System, wait at the end of this week or principle from which a new lot of sensors arrives and you will therefore have the sensors with more expiration date (the one that will send me expired in September ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/04/2011 3:51 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you, because I asked today, but when I told me this I ask next Monday.
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/04/2011 4:03 a.m.

Epic, I asked last week in an Andorra pharmacy for the Dexcom and tell me this:

"Currently this sensor and the device can already locate it in Spain, since the laboratory distributes it here

So we no longer import it from the USA, this is the price that was sold when we did, it is the final price, I think that in Spain something more economical comes out

The medical recipe was essential and in Spain you can also get it through diabetic associations or through endocrine doctors "

What says that in Spain it is cheaper leaves me a little strange.Because precisely these kinds of things are one of the few that are still cheaper in Andorra.If they do not know ... and yes, it is cheaper in Andorra than here.285 INVA included against 320+VAT.That in terms of sensors that I understand is the most important.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/04/2011 4:22 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Let's see if this time, Mornita, who already has a year long after the delay ... Angela now does not want to put it, she says that wearing anything else, so we use it for when she has events in which she will not be withWe, that's how we are calmer.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/04/2011 6:03 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Since I started knowing more thoroughly the ins and outs of diabetes control The subject of the continuous meter has been a recurring subject ... Both my endo and my educator know how heavy I have been (and I am).

I personally know 5 people who carry the continuous meter and another 3 of this forum .... They all coincide in the advantages and all have improved their glycosiladtendencies...
There we have my idol Juanluis: Mrgreen: As an example

If the pump already requires greater attention and advanced specific knowledge of diabetes ... a continuous meter requires even greater attention and a combination with the bolus of the bomb to administer that it is possibly not available to any person (without trainingadvanced in diabetes knowledge).
That is, if they had given me a freshly debuted continuous meter and without finding out anything that this disease supposed

As we have already commented many times, the biggest problem is that it is invasive ... but it was so most of us would have already tried it.

The issue of money is not even secondary ... I know people who have bought home analyzers for the Sintrom ... years ago it was unimaginable that we had at home tensioning, pulsioximeters, nebulizers, house oxygen ... even more and more is being enhancedhome peritoneal dialysis.
As we have also commented several times, in my opinion the economic cost, both privately (particular) and public is very favorable, provided that I have commented before.

On a personal level, the tranquility it gives is unpayable as Velia and Mornita comment ... on a public level, I am sure that in the long term it is cost-effective, although for this it is still popular enough to be lowered "the costs" the costsso striking "(especially for politicians).
Let us not forget, by the way, that each box of reactive strips (50) costs 45 euros (plus 1 box a week), not too far from the current 63 euros of the sensor

DiabetesForo
04/04/2011 4:49 p.m.

I am going to buy it, but without wearing a bomb, I use Lantus and Humalog, I hope it is helpful.
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/05/2011 12:25 a.m.

Epic sure helps you even if you don't carry a bomb.Here some Forero (Juan Luis) used it before carrying the bomb, that of Medtronic.

DiabetesForo
04/05/2011 5:42 a.m.

As Prado says, there is no problem in not carrying a bomb, if you do not bother you to prick you much ...Get to put up to 8 or 9 times fast to maintain stable blood glucose ... with bomb is much easier, they fit the basal better and since you do not have to injject ...
You are already telling us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/05/2011 5:56 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Epic, from anywhere I do not know if it has been commented in this post, the Medtronic Minilink has a useful life of 1 year to full performance, that means that in 1 year you would have to get another meter ...
On the other hand, if you are skilled and spend time, it will help you see your body's behavior in certain situations, to adjust the guidelines well and perhaps you do not need to use it continuously ... (I do that with my daughter,And my husband also rests from time to time) ... well, that you make sure what is the useful life of the Dexcom.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/05/2011 8:25 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well I have no idea that, see if TNT enters and tell me, I thought that Dexcom was forever, I needed nothing more than changing the sensors.
Thank you all, you are helping me a lot !!
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/05/2011 10:40 a.m.

I have not had a dexcom meter that doubt I cannot solve it.

DiabetesForo
04/05/2011 11:44 a.m.

It is true was ethical who had one.Aver comments.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/05/2011 11:51 a.m.

Obviously, in addition to the sensor change, the life of the emitter (which is attached to the sensor and sends the signal to the receiver) is limited.It would be necessary to know how much the Dexcom lasts.And what price is replacing.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/06/2011 6:12 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well guys I already have all the information, the issuer is € 550 (+8% VAT) and has a durability of at least 2 years.They say it can last something else.
Bone that if a 4 -year study is done that is more or less what would take to be in the SS.This meter would come out with sensors and 1 emitter change included in € 2500 per year +/-.So to a voice I seem like a paste, because I am a simple autonomous, but if I think it surely spend more money on a thousand nonsense.
A "sweet" greeting hehe

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/06/2011 11:23 a.m.

Programmed obsolescence.How can it be that a emitter has a limited life?I would understand if I had an infrared emitter diode or any component susceptible to wear, but a whole emitter or an entire device?I am new in this world, but from the beginning I do not like the policy of these companies.It doesn't matter if we talk about the price of strips or sensors, they take advantage of a bad thing of chronic problems.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
04/06/2011 11:31 a.m.

A beautiful (in English) bond of a study on the continuous meter:
Effect of Continuous Glucosemonitoring on Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes

The conclusions are clear: the glycosilada and the number of hypoglycemia in children and adults with DM1.

Slovenos, Swedes, Israelis and Americans together in that study, almost na: shock:

DiabetesForo
04/07/2011 2:50 p.m.

If the only bad thing I see is the price, hehe
I catch it this week.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/12/2011 4:18 a.m.

Well tomorrow is the big day, I ask for tomorrow, if someone is encouraged to tell me.Then I tell you !!!
Greetings and thanks for your help.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/13/2011 3:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.