Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Please, when you have it, hang us photos and sensations as soon as you try it ... I want information !!!:-) since I can't buy it (I commented at home and nothing, which is a lot of money a month :-(), at least being informed of it.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/14/2011 5:08 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Because of Holy Week that the company is on vacation, they come home to wear it on Wednesday 27.
There are a few days that are missing ... but I planned to have it before.Do not worry that I will have you informed you of every friend.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/15/2011 1:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By courtesy of Diabetesmine and Medtronic, I put the photos of the new Medtronic sensor, the CE brand has already received, to see if we can try it

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/18/2011 12:57 p.m.

other

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/18/2011 1 p.m.

Mornita because I don't see so many differences either.Even that the cannula is inserted in 90º taking into account the little chicha of our kids ..... I do not convince me

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/18/2011 1:03 p.m.

The sensor-transmitter I see you big, right?

How is the receiver?What does it contribute about what is already there?What is the name of the device?Is the groin meat?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/18/2011 1:16 p.m.

Do you know something about a "set" sensor of pump and meter?
I read something or they told me something, I don't remember, that Medtronic was close to getting it to the market ...:-/
I hope I have not dreamed: Shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2011 2:45 p.m.

Precisely this afternoon they called us from Medtronic to tell us the advantages of the new sensor and to tell us that tomorrow you start marketing ...
According to the cannula, it is 70% smaller than the current one and effectively in 90º .... its adhesion has also improved to the skin and it seems that it detects 98% of hypos, has gained in reliability... as Juanu says, this is debatable, the use made of it will always influence.
Now we are going to see a video about him and then we put the link-

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/18/2011 3:20 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

There is the link ... Clkad in the photo, not in insertion video ... to me the insertion-upsIt looks much better.

You can see the characteristics of the new sensor, it's called Enlite ...

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/18/2011 3:26 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Mani, my husband made some calculations, and from Medtronic confirmed it (the table did not stick) and it becomes the same depth taking into account the ancient insertion angle, he thinks that they have reduced the size to 9mm, and the current currentIt has 13mm (I think), it may also be deeper, because the angle is we give it.To me the new inserter seems to me a pass, because the other, my mother who Grima da.Anyway, any improvement is always welcome, to see now if we catches them soon: Mrgreen:

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/18/2011 4:38 p.m.

Not if in these days that I am waiting for the Dexcom (until 27 it does not arrive) there will be novelty bombardment.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/18/2011 5:22 p.m.

I have seen the video and ... Mother of God ... all those things have to be done to put on a sensor?The Virgin ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/19/2011 4:21 a.m.

Haha! Gondrullo, I had never stopped to think about it.Well, yes, he has his ritual, but let's go just once a week.I see that you do not carry a bomb, it is similar to putting a catheter, at first you need a lot of time, and when it is already routine you do it in a minute.
Ah!I have seen the two live that of Medtronic and the Dexcom, as I would say, that of Medtronic is a little larger on the surface but more planned than the Dexcom, my son carries that of Medtronic and I do not see it very big, he thinksthat in the photos they put some great girls who have the belt of a six -year -old boy hehe (envy pig: twisted :).

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/19/2011 5:27 a.m.

That after the new meter ... I have never had any, but it has to be a joy ... and I imagine that being so new, the prices will be very high, like all novelty ... but hey, what would be a real passIt would be as you comment, a bomb that at the same time monitored the sugar ... come on, bomb+ all meter ... hehehe ... although I imagine that if they exist, they would be given with droppers ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
04/20/2011 6:34 a.m.

Finally the big day arrived !!!
I have stayed at 10 with the Novolab to put the Dexcom!
I can assure you that it is one of the most important days although also because of the mortgage that will make me sign, hehe

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/27/2011 3:28 a.m.

I already have it!expensive.
I am looking forward to the road bike and I go out to train as my glucose ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

all the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/27/2011 7:01 a.m.

I already have itUse ..... The bad, the usual, expensive.
I am looking forward to the road bike and I go out to train as my glucose ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Honestly .... What envy you give me.I think it is one of the things that I am most longing for most (in addition to my traditional desire to spend a night with Charlize, but I fear that it is much more incalcanable).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/27/2011 7:57 a.m.

And that you say it Gondurulo, I also have envy ... although I am more of Scarlett: Mrgreen:

Epic, could you put the sensor prices again and consumables?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/27/2011 2:53 p.m.

Of course, look at the € 1100 system (you can haggle something, hehe)
The € 320 sensor box (I have caught 7 boxes for € 1920, which is supposed to have for the whole year).
The sensation is incredible, this should be carried by all diabetic lis.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/27/2011 6:16 p.m.

According to these costs, it can be deduced that per month the maintenance of Dexcom would come out for about 160 euros.That assumed that each sensor can be stretched up to two weeks, because if not, the cost would be double;320 euros/month.As Lisa Simpson would say ... Jopeta !!!: Evil :: Evil :: Evil:

Epic, I agree that this self -control system should already be implanting in the National Health System to later become the reference system in the self -control of a diabetic.Hopefully this process is fast ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/28/2011 4:15 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.