Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

There is one thing that is called Glucowatch, read the blood sugar without taking blood (without clicking) thanks to a laser technology, it is still very expensive, you can read about it in;

or in

It costs 700 dollars, but they charge for each measurement, all year they charge about 5000, an option is to put it only when you go to sleep (the annual price goes down a lot).

My question is if you know of a similar product that I can buy here, because these are marketed in the USA.

In Hong Kong it seems that they have designed a similar technology but this is not yet marketed.

Well thanks in advance, today my girlfriend has risen with a quite strong hypogleucemia and tonight is under observation, when we go out we will try to get a continuous monitoring of blood glucose, although we surely use one of the implant.

Greetings to everyone who reads me,

Gorka

gorkaioseba's profile photo
gorkaioseba
09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Forgive, for what I have seen this cause skin reactions, it requires enough maintenance and is less reliable than punocus measurements.If you know of a similar and less aggressive product, tell me.

gorkaioseba's profile photo
gorkaioseba
09/27/2009 8:38 p.m.

Hello, Gorkiosaeba.

There are currently several prototypes in clinical trial phase, although none is still marketed.
Those in the market are invasive (Dexcom, Minilink, Guardian ...) or are not reliable, such as Glucowatch.

We will have to wait a little.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/28/2009 11:25 a.m.

It seems that between the month of October and November "lands" in Spain the Dexcom ... Novolab markets it, we will see prices because social insecurity will not pay it or coña.

DiabetesForo
09/28/2009 11:49 a.m.

hello everyone.I do not know if any of you already have the Dexcom (if so, it would be great to put the experiences with him), but it is now available in Spain.As Owash says, Novalab Ibérica is the one who markets it, and they have been sending me information about the state of marketing.Today they have sent me the mail in which they say they already sell it, and they have sent me an offer.It is more expensive than in the US (how strange, right?), But I consider that it has an affordable price compared to the prohibitive guardian system.So currently, I think this is the most economically bearable option, and it has been proven effective as continuous control of blood glucose, not so much because of the value it gives us (which we already know is not reliable to 100%), but ratherFor the tendency it shows, since despite the error, this trend if it is real and allows us to act in advance.

The values ​​it offers are not entirely adjusted to reality (especially in high and low), and also has a time decalage of about 10 minutes with respect to the real blood value, since the interstitial glucose is not in thesame proportion as in the blood vessels, and arrives later.

Anyway, I think it is a very interesting option to monitor these trends, in many types of diabetics with some specific problem: unnoticed hypos, uncontrollable days of the day (Comme Moi in the afternoon) ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/23/2009 10:09 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hi Gondullo, welcome.

I think that Minilink and Dexcom prices are quite similar, somewhat higher the Dexcom.
Let's see if Velia or Juanluis confirms it.

The Navigator, the last thing I know is that I was banished in Holland or Germany (now I am in doubt) by Abbott's decision.
I pissed off the Abbott, between that and the omnipod that do not bring it: Twisted :(

DiabetesForo
12/24/2009 2:54 a.m.

Hi Gondullo, Welcome !!!!How's it going?Already deciced by the meter?You decide to buy it.

Health

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/24/2009 11:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Gondullo, the truth is that I also miss the old forum, having if you or anyone knows how to answer some doubts about the continuous meter ....
The sensors last about 7 days but, you can ration those 7 days or once you can no longer be taken, such as taking it a weekend, then remove until the next weekend ... another doubt, you can put it independently ofThat you use a bomb or not?But if I would be great for weekends, trips or for when I break the routine in general, well there is greeting to all and happy holidays !!!!!!!!

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/25/2009 6:44 a.m.

Very good.

Gondrullo, I'm glad that in the end you have decided to come.The other forum, you know, of traca and it is useless to reason anything.Give memories to your Waldo Armadillo.

As for Dexcom, I fear that we cannot afford the Dexcom or the Minilink, so we will continue waiting for better prices or financing of the SS (I'm already sitting, yes);););););););););););););););););););););););););

Anyway, well, the competition is coming, to see if the advances begin to move.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/25/2009 4:27 p.m.

The truth is that the other day when they gave me a price for the Seven I was a bit cold.What a rise with respect to American prices.There a pack of 4 sensors for one month are worth less than 200 euros, and here they have planted a great 320 euros.More than 20 thousand ptas.difference.In a product in which they should only import it, there is no manufacture, or anything.They should only bring it here and sell it.spot.

I was determined to buy the Dexcom, but 50 thousand ptas a month in consumables is a lot of money ...

Luigi, you can put the Dexcom without any problem, or don't have a bomb.They are independent.Even the systems that are now sold as "unitary" (paradigm) require two "catheters";The one who inoculates insulin and the one who measures glucose.

Alea, Waldo has stayed today at home so Pancho, while I am here, curing and taking out the country forward ...

I do not know ... we will have to remain aware of the systems of Solianis, Glucotrack and Glucoband.In addition to the one they are developing in the EU (in Spain the CSIC participates)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/28/2009 4:42 a.m.

I believe that the idea is not to carry the meter permanently ..... In principle it can be used more continuously in order to deco as better how your body works (glucémically speaking) in certain situations .... it is good to establishAdequate guidelines, for rhythm changes (in our case collections, holidays-colle), when glycemias "detach" for various reasons ... if you consider it like that, it is not necessary to spend that fixed money on consumables...
And with respect to the minilink, of course you do not need a pump to use ... the sensor would be communicated wirelessly with a receiver (similar to the pump) that you can carry in a pocket, in the belt, etc ....Once inserted into the skin it is irreversible, you cannot remove it and insert it again (I keep talking about the Minilink).I do not think it would serve you for what you comment on a weekend, among other things because it is necessary one day (sometimes medium and 6) calibration so that their measurements are correct ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/29/2009 6:26 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, today you continue buying the minilink spare parts in the US?It is not yet sold in Spain?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/29/2009 5:03 p.m.

Well, it seems to me a past the price that Dexcom has, especially the sensors, we go if they leave € 80 each.My son is four years old and has the Medtronic Minilink together with the bomb, I hope that the Dexcom was cheaper, because I wanted to try it, it seems smaller than that of Medtronic.Well, go competitive prices and communicate with the bomb, go what ...

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/29/2009 5:41 p.m.

No, Luigi, the Minilink has been marketed for some years in Spain .... We bought the meter in Medtronic Spain and the moment sensors give them to us in the hospital, because they are doing a study and we are included in it ...
Mormita, to continue as we are for now, right?Let's see if this progresses and these gossip ceases to be invasive, because for the little ones it is a lot ..
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/30/2009 5:25 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I from the continuous measurement system of Medtronic I forget directly, because prices are even more prohibitive than those of Dexcom.

As for the use of "on demand", I am sure that if I buy that pot, I would not take it away.Basically, because I need to know my fluctuations, advance to them and correct them in advance.I am not stable as a 70 -year -old man.My afternoons are generally bad, but not always, so I can't establish an blind insulin guideline.Tooods the afternoons I must look two or three times to see where it is going.And the same in the morning.I can't take that pot once I have discovered its advantages.If I buy it it is because precisely, I am not as stable as I would like, and the continuous measurement allows me to improve in that aspect.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2009 6:03 a.m.

Come done, I will also send it Gondurulo, have if they lower it hahaha, it is not that we will get anything but at least they know not?

By the way, yesterday I sent an email to those of Solainis (I think it is written like this), to one Mario Stack or Starck asking him how his project was going, if he was going to leave this year ... but they automatically answered me telling me that evenOn January 4, it is not in the office, I will write again, yes, they answer you in German and in English, have if it arrives and with the competition they go down prices, anyway I have proposed to buy for 2011 costsWhat it costs because many years ago I dream of it and to be almost like a cure, goodbye to the damn uncertainty of ...I am weird ... I'll be low/upper ...

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/30/2009 8:46 a.m.

I have received the information from the Seven from Dexcom, and I have made it go to my association to meet the possible requests for information about this system.However, I cannot avoid commenting on the sensitive price increase that the system has suffered now that is marketed in Spain with you as importers.Although the receiving unit is also more expensive, the most striking is that 70% price increase that the sensors have with respect to whether they are directly acquired to Dexcom USA.Obviously, the shipment of America is more expensive than a domestic shipment in Spain, but I doubt that it becomes so expensive that it does not compensate me to acquire such packs directly to Dexcom.
I think that in this, as in many other things, innovation is paid, but two generations of the Seven have already passed and it has been enough time for it to be popularized and extending, not only in the US, but in the rest of the world(Proof of this is the appearance of marketers in Europe), and after this time, the surcharity of said innovation has progressively damping.Moreover, on this subject, as we know experienced diabetics like me, with traditional meters devices something similar happened.I myself paid for one of Bayer's first glucometer more than 65000 pesetas many years ago, and today they are practically given them.Obviously, Dexcom cannot at the moment entering the public health system, but still the market of this product has seen its number largely in the last 3 years, and this should be sufficient reason for the costs of the manufacture ofThe sensors fall largely.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2009 10:38 a.m.

I do not know what the minilink costs without the pump, but with the pump (in my case as in almost all I suppose you do not pay it) the transmitter costs € 1070, and the box of 10 sensors 632 €, I know veryWell, because I pay it, so the most expensive than the Dexcom or speak, Medtronic: € 63/dexcom: € 80 per sensor, I also do not know if you know that the Dexcom transmitter only lasts 6 months, which is notwhich costs, they should also include it in the budget.In the case of Minilik, in principle the transmitter lasts between year/year and a half, this knows Velia well.In summary to the consumables (1 sensor every 6-7 days) you have to add a new 1000 more transmitter every year, in the case of Dexcom it is every 6 months, unless it has changed, I also do not know the price, Gondullo Consult itBecause I see you don't mention it.

Another curiosity: this weekend I was with a friend who is a TV technician, makes live connections, mobile units that kind of thing, when I told him that the meter and the bomb communicated by radiofrequency, put a face, likeIf I told him that he still used a crank phone, and then they sell it to us as if it were the last of the latest technology, they could already use the existing technology, if they do not even have to invent anything.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/30/2009 10:39 a.m.

If until now Dexcom has been selling "to losses" to get enough installed devices, I think that now moving to its "real price" is a decision as risky as unfortunate, since they have neither implanted in Europe nor have created in theConsumer the need for your device, since we still do not even have it, and we only see that consumables are worth infinitely more expensive than if you buy them an American (not to mention the price of the receiver, which TB has hit an interesting rise).

Anyway, absolute disappointment.I don't know whether to attribute it to Dexcom, to Novalab.
I think that in Spain the Dexcom is starring before even having taken off ... a pity ... it is not perfect, but many were worth ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2009 10:45 a.m.

Mainite, indeed, the transmitter adhered to the catheter has a supposedly limited life.But I don't know how much it is worth.Something that I fear is a sacks, because it reminds me a lot of the famous transmitter of the polar pulsometers that I use to do sports.The tape that you place in your chest with the sensors has a limited life (as well as the one in the pile inside).The solution would be as simple as putting an access door to the key that is stagnant.But they are not interested.They prefer that you throw the transmitter and the sensors to buy you a new whole.Shameless business.And here I fear that three quarters of the same.

As for prices, those that I handled from the Medtronic System were more expensive.And I miss me, because I met with his delegate a few months ago, I don't know exactly when.And I asked for updated prices.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2009 10:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.