Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Hello, I have never written in this thread but I read it a lot, I am interested in all the advances that come out and allow to improve the control of diabetes and the quality of life.

The first thing happy to Epic for his new acquisition, I am delighted reading you, I am very encouraged to know that it is working so well.I wanted to make a question, carrying the meter, how many capillary glycems are you up to date ???Well I have more doubts that I will ask.

The truth is that it looks very good, I think a lot when my son is a little older and start going out at night with friends, I don't see him doing very often glutemia ... and carrying a meter I think it would be great.

Greetings

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
05/05/2011 11:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I disagree in almost everything that you have written Gondurullo;), Peo as you have it so clear I will not try to convince you of course, I only tell you that I put the bomb 6 years ago with a hemo like now less than 6 and you do not seeHow my quality of life has improved, simply for not clicking 4 to 6 times a day and being able to refine the treatment without the danger of so much hypoglycemia .... Do you think little ?????For me it was a significant advance ..... It was a huge step forward that I hope is completed with the continuous meter ....: D
I agree that it is not the panacea, nothing is the panacea, the only secret to control the diabetes is to want to do it and put a lot of effort, dedication ... etc and as for the theme of the portions I was also somewhat reluctant, help but decisions continue to depend on me ...
I am a defender as Velia of the bomb, from my own experience and I am very sad that it is not available to all the diabetics who want to put it, I feel privileged and it should not be so.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2011 11:26 a.m.

Prado, you are right.As far as your message is deduced, you put it because you had problems with hypoglycemia.A hem low usually carries many hypos associated.And having problems with hypoglycemia is one of the indications to put pump.Logically, when a person has for example, hypos or we have bad problems due to a bad control, the bomb improves hemoglobins practically always.And therefore, what are those pump patients to say?Well, wonders.I would like to know what a group of patients would think about the bomb to whom the pump could be put as an experiment.Patients with good control of diabetes, without problems of any kind, or inadvertent hypoglycemia, or anything.That the satisfaction percentage would not be so good?I bet an tortilla skewer and a cane that the level of pump satisfaction would be very low.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/05/2011 noon

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Noooooo ..... I had no problem Gondurulo, I didn't explain myself well, I put it because my endo proposed it, I went from the first ones that put here, I wanted to try, if I didn't convince me I was going to return it ..... what I meant is that it gave me the possibility of tune my treatment even more than with feathers would have been very difficult because it would have many hypoglycemia ..... That is what I meant ....: D

DiabetesForo
05/05/2011 12:07 p.m.

Hehehehe .... how do I like these debates.

I don't want a bomb today.The reason is simple, I control myself well, I have good hemo, and I don't "cost" me click (as I forget: Mrgreen :) I live quite well right now, and I see the inconvenience of taking it all day.

To a continuous meter if I see many advantages, know exactly how you are at every moment ............ Ufff, that is valued above 3, 4 or 5 punctures.

Parent that the economy does not allow me today .... But the day will come.

In the future ...... Well, I don't know, it will depend on how my diabetes evolves in the coming years.

The topic is very interesting.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
05/05/2011 12:25 p.m.

Ah, okay.understood.Then you are one of the few who have put a bomb say that without needing it clearly, without being of the groups indicated in the protocols.

I positively know that if I put on a bomb, after a week I would be reneging on the bad things he has.And since I would not improve almost anything, my diabetes is reasonably well, because the balance is unbalanced, weighing more the bad than the good of that device.
And now instead, I'm happy.I am doing well with the feathers and I have total freedom.It is true that on certain occasions, I am also objective and I see the bad things that multidosis therapy has (which has them).I miss the famous Bolus square to after a meal, or the great advantage of the constant infusion of a small amount of insulin instead of letting go of a huge jet suddenly.But if I put it next to the wonderful advantages offered by a continuous glucose sensor, I have it clear.And as I said in my previous tocho, the continuous sensor is a universal advantage, for all diabetics.That is its big difference and its great virtue.The bomb is not indicated for anyone.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/05/2011 12:27 p.m.

Goundrullo,
My hemoglobins have always been around 7% or 6.5%, they put the bomb with the excuse that I had very accentuated the effect of dawn (something debatable) and because I got very heavy that the bomb wanted.It was one of the first ones that put adults ... and the first first half year was horrible ... more or less I started with this diabetes at the same time as Goundrullo, I punctured me twice insulin, there was not much to do ifThe sugar broke down at some point in the day, and diabetes was something that remembered me at eating (forbidden sugar) and when I punctured my insulin.
When they put the bomb, suddenly I saw myself super limited and there was something there that reminded me at all hours, "you are diabetic" my we have improved 0.5 points, no more ... at the expense of waking me up at night because the catheter threw meof several episodes of ketosis and an infection in the sea because I was put in the catheter.I wanted to send the bomb out, but my mother got very angry with me (she was very unfair, I think ...) and told me that if she went to the endocrine and returned the bomb I didn't want to know anything else about my diabetes ...I went back to the Lantus ... and then I realized I realized how much the bomb had changed my life ... If the friends took out a bag of potatoes, I could not take unless I click me, if we were leaving 5Bike hours and we decided in the afternoon and already had the lantus, all I could do was hydroly atiborme, with alcohol better not to comment on ... with what illusion I took the bomb again !!!!Now I don't change it for anything
And the continuous glucose meter have to start subsidizing now !!!It is the whole difference.Today, for example, after eating at an hour and a half I was 75, I have lowered the 50% basal for an hour, it has stabilized 85 without having to take anything ... for me, I think it is more usefulthat the pump (although it must be a bit frustrating to see that glucose rises at a certain time and cannot regulate the basal ..) ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/05/2011 12:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, you have put it in egg with a theme that I love ... xDDDD

One thing that happens with the bombs and that for me is one of the dangers it has, is that it ends up eating more.I explain myself.A pump allows you to make "excesses" that with multidosis it is much more complicated, and if you do (with feathers), it takes an invoice with glycemia a posteriori.Because the feathers "force" you to be more formal and therefore, you are more faithful to the controlled regime that is supposed to have any diabetic.But with the bomb, what do you want to eat a chocolate palm tree?Well, you put what you need and flatter.What do you want to eat a dish of brave potatoes?You put whatever it takes and flatter.And in the 24 years that I have been with diabetes, I have seen many people who incur that danger with them.And ends up eating more than it owes.

Because I always keep in mind that it is not just about maintaining glycemia at bay, but about living as much as possible.And for that, I must take care about everything that will kill me;the fats and the ta.My goal is not only to maintain blood glucose at moderate levels (which not normoglycemic, because I know it cannot be), but also eat health"North" for someone with long evolution diabetes.

I am personally (and I have always been) in favor that the less insulin, the better.And that keeps me with strong "adherence to treatment" (using medical terminology).Another point for which I don't like bombs.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/05/2011 12:58 p.m.

I believe that skipping the diet can also be done with the bolis: accounts for the rations, you put what you need and fixed.And yet, with the bomb you don't have to inflate hydrates if you want to do a lot of sports, so I think it does help on that issue.In any case, the best thing would be to have the smart bomb, but I think that when the SS finances it we will have already happened to a better life, unfortunately :?.

DiabetesForo
05/05/2011 2:54 p.m.

Excuses, excuses, everything smells like excuses: D ... how good, that does not happen, yes, do not forget to tell when you try it, that one day it will be :))

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/06/2011 4:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, Eyer training I took the sensor a little and has been without working until midnight, I thought I had screwed another sensor, but no, when I was getting up, it seems that you have to find out that part of the part of theAbdomen suffers less playing sports, because for now it is the most "weak" that I see.But of course, each € 80 sensor, you can't put and remove.
Anna you have to do 2 capillary tests, the apparatus asks for it.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/06/2011 7:13 a.m.

In the first place, forgive for having initiated an offopic debate that was not the subject of the sensor ... but I have not been able to avoid it ... I like to discuss :-)

As for the Dexcom ... if a sensor takes off .. can it be put back and that's it?or is it unusable?Because indeed, it is a lot of pasta every sensor.It is that sincerely, the abdomen seems to me a very undergoing place during the practice of many sports, and I do sports, I am afraid that this does not grab me well or take off.Because a sedentary person is not the same as someone who does sports.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/06/2011 7:47 a.m.

That is the issue that I am studying, of course running or by bike the abdomen is very tense and although the sensor is truly stuck, put 30 h.From exercise to the sensor .....
Ah if the sensor takes off, goodbye sensor, to put another new one.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/06/2011 10:10 a.m.

When the commercial came to your home, it did not give you more insertion options apart from the abdomen?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
05/06/2011 11:49 a.m.

He told me that he can surely work in other places (gluten, arm, ..) but that they only guaranteed that it works in the abdomen, and with what each sensor is worth seeing who is the first to prove it, hehe

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/06/2011 12:23 p.m.

I, without serving as a predemaging 8), I agree with Gondrullo that the continuous meter is much more important than the pump, but that in the event that he would have to choose, yes, that you do with a meter without a bomb,Because let's see how you modify the basal, to more it is easy to click, but and unless, you just have to get wise, then with which system "more excess" system.I am all the technology that improves the quality of life of people, although today and already accustomed to the sensor honey, it wants to trample it many times, because the sensor or the pump are magical by themselves they will not controlDiabetes is sometimes superfrustant.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/06/2011 1:03 p.m.

Epic, another place where you can get as you say is in the arm but you have to have some fat.The last ones I am placing them in the abdomen but more on the side that centered and they endure something more without detachment.Another thing you can do is strengthen you with a tape siring of the sensor's own adhesive style and change the tape, carefully not to take off the sensor.At the moment I only know the adhesive wipes, but they are not useful either.

JSS's profile photo
JSS
05/06/2011 1:08 p.m.

JSS, I have bought the wipes with "glue", the truth is to put it without the wipes to put it with the wipes there is a difference, and I have also bought a transparent sticker that is put on top of the sensor and protects it from sweat, which isMy problem, of course between wipes and stickers, € 60.This is nothing more to spend, but I have to have to stop using this system.
At the moment I have only used it in the abdomen and I do not have many fat so my abdomen is very tense when I put exercise, and in my arms I have no fat, so I or try.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/06/2011 5:09 p.m.

Yes, with sweat, it takes off, then in the shower or at the beach ...I would like to put it on my back

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
05/06/2011 6:14 p.m.

At the moment I am carefully testing the causes of the possible take -off of the sensor, but it seems that it is more because of the tension of the area where I put it on, the one I have now already told you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/07/2011 1:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.