Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Good news !!!I come from the endocrine, glycosilada 6, as always, but this is not the good news, well for me if it is, but what I wanted to tell you has told me that they will try to subsidize the Dexcom !!!This would be incredible !!!
I will tell you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/11/2011 8:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

subsidize it?as?What community do you live in?Why were they going to subsidize it?Have you told you why?any study maybe?Is the groin meat?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/11/2011 10:39 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Community and hospital where they treat you, if necessary I registered there jejjeje ..... What is going in terms of reliability?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
05/11/2011 5:59 p.m.

Where, where ???Hehe, well don't say it we'll all go in Tropel hahaha!The Dexcom had no idea, but in our hospital there is a girl to whom they give the full pack, more meter bomb, and here I have read people who pay the sensors, another person who paid everything, I think thatIt was from Castilla-Lamancha.I hope that a short deadline, as soon as we go back the nose crisis, and implant the copayment: ((, We will have continuous meters for those who want them.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/11/2011 6:09 p.m.

Here in Castilla La Mancha, they subsidize according to the cases the meter with the bomb, it is what they try to convince because they say that I lead a life of a lot of risk for a diabetic, hehe
But sci does not go much firefighter, so they will try to see if they could subsidize only the meter, I would only be me, but I think it will be difficult, hehe
The Dexcom is superfiable !!The most I have seen are 5 or 6 points.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/12/2011 3:29 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have read you with interest.

I can tell you one thing, I am a Dexcom user for 2 years (mine was already coming from the USA), and I have been born again, my life before was, at the diabetic, painful-dreary, daily hypoglycemia, beastly bounces, I don't followNo "reasonable" guideline, neither schedules, nor ... (each one is a world, and I would not like them to judge me or judge anyone).

Since I have the Dexcom I live in more than good conditions, of 2-3 daily hypeglycemia (and when I did not have them, I did not go from 300 logically) I have passed to 2-3 to month!I have come to overcome 9 before, it is around 7 (and I honestly do nothing, I still do the same, I can go from schedules, meals, etc ...).

I understand that there are people who live very neatly and carry their diabetes very well, but those who are in my situation (total lack of control for whatever, etc ...), I can tell you that it is salvation, or for me it has been(I can tell you that before starting with the Dexcom, I was assigned 10 -diez- daily reactive strips, and spent them!)
Gondurulo, I have read you, and I assure you that the device is impressive.

The worst, the money, the cost ... is an absurd "mortgage", or worse, a "drug" because the day I cannot pay - and there are not very bollantes - I will return to a life system that does notIt was life, really, you have to live it to know how bad one can be, and how life changes.

The SS is covering it, you will already give more data, because of course - and everyone looks at theirs, of course - in my case I have justified it (I insist, I have authorized 10 daily reactive strips to "try" to control it, avoid hypos, etc.And with those strips, 2 in 2 they gave me the hypos, that is, imagine).

Greetings and I hope this is economizing, I think the Dexcom already has more than amortized, it is not a receipt than a transmitter that lasts year and little, costs 700 and peak euros.As you have calculated here, the joke goes to 3000 and peak long euros a year, that is, 350 euros per month of spending, which is a buried (although spending 10 daily strips, "consumption" of the SS 250 euros, and nowI have the HBA to 7, and before I went from 9, I think it compensates for him, come on, it is more "economical" although not cheap)

all the best

speedy's profile photo
speedy
06/29/2011 7:20 p.m.

Ahhh, by the way, the Dexcom, at least in my case, works like a clock!
It is not perfect, you have to know and interpret it, but I would give it a reliability of 90%, and of course hyper and hyper, avoid them and with time (especially hypos).
Look that now I speak of "hypos" when it really is that the Dexcom marks two arrows in a chop80 and stops, and starts up.
And of course, you realize how useless the glycemia meter is.If I get the Dexcom now, I look at the glucose and see 150. And?I stay as I am, what a more absurd measureAnd in 20 minutes be in 300
If one day I have to leave the Dexcom for economic reasons and return to the glycemia, I will spend twice the minimum strips, I will have to measure it, and at 10 minutes re -measure it for two values ​​to take out a trend that is what matters.
Of course I speak of my opinion, about my life.I know that there were those who tried it and left it because "it did not improve", or was very accustomed to his life.Not that not everyone accepts it, no doubt.

All the best

speedy's profile photo
speedy
06/29/2011 7:29 p.m.

Hello, I'm new here.
I am 23 and I have with this "torture" 22 years.
I bought the APPARATE is because a friend recommended it to my mother.(I edit to say that it is the Dexcom)
Tomorrow I suppose it will get home but until Tuesday I have no appointment with the representative to put it on and teach it.
I have several doubts:
1. The wipes so that the sensor where they are bought?Price?
2. Why can't you buy spare parts in the USA?By eBay I have believed to see that they sell them.
3. I am a little reluctant to do so because of the issue of wearing a pot stuck to the body, but I hope to get used to it soon.Does it show a lot of bulk when you wear a shirt or a shirt?
4. Can you wear the sensor at the top of the thigh?
5. Do you know if in UK any laboratory sells the spare parts?I am going to live there in a couple of months.

Well, I have already said that I am a little scared, but in less than a week I will be able to tell you how it is doing.

On the other hand, I am delighted to have found this forum and that we will see each other here.

nanob's profile photo
nanob
07/28/2011 3:47 p.m.

Hello, which one are you going to put the Dexcom or the Medtronic Minilink?The wipes that you mention at me at the beginning provided me Medtronic, then in the pharmacy through the representative of Smith & Amp; Nephew.Our experience with the wipes was not good, not because they do not work if not because my son has atopic skin and aggravated the usual reaction to adhesive, if you have sensitive skin I do not recommend them.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/29/2011 7 a.m.

Sorry because I forget to comment on the brand.Mine is Dexcom.
I mean that the wipes has to be through the laboratory?

nanob's profile photo
nanob
07/29/2011 8:45 a.m.

I have no idea of ​​Dexcom, my son carries that of Medtronic.The first ones were given to me as a sample Medtronic, their customer service is a ten, then with the name I went to the pharmacy that I usually go and there they investigated how to get them.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/29/2011 9:03 a.m.

Ah ok!I will ask the one who will put it to me.
The box has arrived today.The device where glycemia are seen and others is quite large.I have been a little caught ... I don't know where I'm going to take it, because in my pants pocket it makes a tremendous bulge.Already the sensor and I have not wanted to look at it so as not to scare me anymore :?

nanob's profile photo
nanob
07/29/2011 9:21 a.m.

I imagine that you would also carry the glucometer on top, right?
Can't you carry in a bag?Or does the distance come?

What I stop most is that it is one more pot ... mobile, glucometer, insulin, sugar or glycosport ... at this step we will take a suitcase: oops:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/29/2011 12:34 p.m.

Yes, before he wore the meter, but the Dexcom is much larger.Well, I guess I will end up doing it.
I think that in my bag you can carry, because it has a range of one meter and peak (they commented by there).
You have it easier for women because you put everything there, but we have to carry it in the pants pockets: x

nanob's profile photo
nanob
07/29/2011 2:42 p.m.

Big?Do not say that man, I have it with his cover for the belt and perfect annoying (at least to me) when I wear a suit in my jacket pocket, running I have made a belt where I carry the dexcon and the glucospot, in addition to theMobilOn the bike in the jersey.
I see it phenomenal !!
The wipes are sold to you the same laboratory, against more protect the sensor more will last you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
08/01/2011 4:11 p.m.

Pfff is not epic ...
On Thursday they put it ... I'm nervous!
They will go to the endocrine to put it because my doctor wanted to see how the device was and how it was.
I will tell you how I am doing

nanob's profile photo
nanob
08/01/2011 4:54 p.m.

They just put the Dexcom.
At the moment the thing is going well ... although it has given me a bass and it has taken a long time to overcome the figure (even when in the capillary I was already 114).
Another thing that has not been cool for me is that I whistle in all the stores that I have entered this afternoon ... it is the transmitter/sensor because I gave the receiver to my mother, I passed again and continued whistling ...
To someone who has it happens?

Another whore is that in my house I have Mac, and the software is not compatible :(
What can I do?

nanob's profile photo
nanob
08/04/2011 3:18 p.m.

Here I come back.
I have been 1 and a half with the Dexcom and the truth is that I am happy!
Now, a problem has emerged;Let's see if Epic or some other person could solve me,
On Thursday the week, and the device asked me to change the sensor.Well, I was not very clear how he did to deceive him and continue with the same so I gave a sensor and act immediately to start a sensor.
Well, I waited the two hours to calibrate it and after a while I started working, the icon of the 3 interrogations came out.As it did not disappear I "cheated" the device again but this time turning it off and turning it out after pressing stop sensor.
The thing is that I worked perfectly until this afternoon that the interrogations have come out again.I have stopped, off, and start again and I am waiting for the 2 hours to calibrate.

Do you think should the sensor change?

Sorry for the roll I have put :?

nanob's profile photo
nanob
08/15/2011 12:50 p.m.

let's see.Users of continuous meters ... can you get any more info about how they are doing with them?(Any brave one upload a photo)?What situations are the most complicated?When do you notice more?Are there situations in which the sensor has taken off?How much is the sensor lasting?How does the sensor support intensive use of water and sport (sweat, shower almost daily)?In the hypos ... you note delay in the value you show you?Have you been able to establish daily glycemia patterns that are repeated day after day?These patterns have made you modify your insulin guidelines by having discovered problems that you think you didn't have?As for the sensors, do you say any that come out cheaper by ebay?Who do you buy them there?And how much do they come out?
I don't know ... I would ask so many questions ...
I would like this thread to be "alive" with the experiences of those who have it.We can be useful to the rest, because I am convinced that these devices will increase market share gradually ... until the time comes that their consumables are accepted by our health system.But at least, more must be sold for the price of the sensors to continue down dramatically ...
I am still going around the subject ... The only thing today who throws me back is the monthly spending on sensors ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/21/2011 4:58 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Good afternoon Gondurulo.
I will try to answer some of your questions.The sensor takes 14 days, they usually last more days but cuts of several hours are produced without records and the area where it is wearing is a little irritated.I use some wipes for further support and from the seventh day I rewarded him with a tape -type aposty and perfectly flop water and sport without any problem.I don't know how eBay as they come out in price but each sensor is costing me about € 70.And most importantly helps you see how it affects the effect of insulin throughout day and night.
If you have any more queries and I can help you ask.

JSS's profile photo
JSS
09/21/2011 3:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.