Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

What expiration do the sensors normally have?Because if you ask for 7 boxes ... and they expire you soon ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/31/2011 10:43 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

let's see.The official rate says that the system plus 7 boxes would leave 1100 of the device plus 320 for each box.That would give a total of 3020 euros plus VAT (there I only tell 6 boxes of strips, because the seventh leaves for free, as they said in my mail.

Therefore, the price they have offered you 1920 does not fit me.The difference is too much.Precisely 1920 is the resulting amount of multiplying the unit price of a box by 6. That is, that price is only of the 7 boxes of consumables, because one is free (320x6 + 1 free).

Let's clarify that topic, please ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/31/2011 11:06 a.m.

You get or do not get any price reduction in both the device and in the initial request for sensors when you already have the system you are going to spend the order of € 320 / month (or more depending on what these sensors last, because there arepeople to whom each sensor lasts less than 7 days).

I admire your purchasing power.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/31/2011 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You are right, they are € 3130 VAT included by the system and 7 sensor boxes.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/31/2011 1:08 p.m.

TNT Do you have a mobile phone?If so, have you made accounts of what it costs you a year?
Alomejor you get more out of any mobile than a continuous meter.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/31/2011 3:26 p.m.

I do not know what paints in this thread talking about mobiles but if you have to make a comparison it is done:

I have a mobile phone and I have it by prepaid card (not with contract), I make a rational use of the phone and I am below € 20 / month which gives an amount of about € 240 / year, amount of money that I can affordAnd that I firmly feel about the service that gives me but I think we are not talking about mobiles or these amounts of money ...

The annual expense we are talking about (continuous glucose meter and/or sensors) and for which there is no subsidy is approximately:

€ 320 / month x 12 months = € 3840

To that amount the first year we must add the cost of the device (about € 1100) which leaves us approximally in this situation: first year € 5000, second year and successive € 4000.

I was minimally happy with that investment, I would expect my diabetesApparatus can help make decisions in certain situations but does not guarantee neither one nor the other :::!: Diabetes control will continue to be my thing: !:!

Each one is free to spend the money on what they want (if you have it ... that is what I admire, that you have it) now that if we are talking about taking advantage or profitable ... each one who takes out their conclusions.

DiabetesForo
03/31/2011 4:23 p.m.

TNT, don't know what you are going.Why do you always have to speak attacking?Why do you get a topic that you don't even interest and judge people who are interested?And finally, why do you have to talk about all the issues even if you have no idea?I can't understand what you want.Maybe, if you could not allow it, the system is shit and it is better that anyone has it.
I am not going to give their opinion if the continuous meter is the solution or not (although I have taken it half a year and at least I have an opinion with some foundation ...).Only that nonsense you have said:
because there are people to whom each sensor lasts less than 7 days is a lie, first because if it fails before the seven days they change it to you for a new one, only one failed one and came a messengerHe gave me a new one and took the old man.The truth is that no sensor (apart from the one I fail) has lasted less than 2 weeks ... and the estimated price per year is € 1920.
If you are looking in my messages, you will see that it was very criticism with Novalab (the company that supplies it) that I have always told the truth about this system and it is true that I have not put it for four months because I have had a lot of extra expenses and did not have the optionto buy it.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/31/2011 5:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I am new in this forum and I do not intend to convince anyone, but imagine 29 years of evolution (now I have 36) No complication, glycosylated below 6. This costs me a lot of work and sometimes I am wrong.I currently run CCM Athletics Curcuito, Ciudad Real MTB circuit and some highway tests, and I assure you that you will always see me in the lead.That is why when I discovered this "invention" uff I am very excited about it, even if I don't have the money, but that will be fixed, hehe
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/31/2011 5:26 p.m.

Tica, Epic, that we do not have to justify what we spent the money, we would miss more, each one spends it on what he wants and the one who has it and can buy the continuous meter because better for him.
Here there are already several people who have it and we all know their function and how well he knows how to get the most out so he who does not understand is his problem.
For me the only problem is that it is quite invasive, if it were less invasive it would have been using it for a long time.

DiabetesForo
03/31/2011 7:37 p.m.

What do you mean with the invaded?What is too big?It will be like a search, right?
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/01/2011 12:23 a.m.

I have had it in my hand and it is like a mobile;That is, it is perfectly portable.And the sensor is much smaller than for example, that of the Navigator of Abbott.And it also has several generations.And having several evolutions indicates that it is continuously improving.There is nothing more to see the duration of the sensors, which are now around two weeks, so a box of 4 sensors could last practically 2 months.But be careful, all this if you use it constantly, which does not have to be so.

In any case, the most interesting thing is that the accuracy of the Dexcom is above that of the Guardian (according to some comparison that I do not remember now where I have seen it, perhaps even right here).

On the other hand, I agree that the price of the sensors is still very high.But the more they sell, the price lower.Those experienced in diabetes like me will remember what it cost, for example, those meters such as AMES or Glucometer, which was metallic and took 3 minutes to read?Well cost about 60 thousand pesetas !!!And this is the same.

But I do agree that Novalab has uploaded a little to La Parra with the prices of Dexcom's products that matter.In fact, the people I know that Dexcom buys the sensors in the US or Andorra, and in both prices they are sensibly cheaper.

As for the luxury of having a continuous meter, because today, it is undoubtedly.Because it is not covered by the SS, and that simply gives you the luxury category.But I am convinced that I will improve my hemoglobin, which will allow me to avoid hypos and hyper, and above all, it will give me huge tranquility when it moves and do sports, peace of mind that I do not have today.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/01/2011 3:46 a.m.

We have been using that of Medtronic for several years and I assure you that it is very reliable ... even some forero told me that in the comparison they had made people who participate in this forum with the 2 devices at the same time, themedtronic surpassed the DexcomIn reliability ... but that's another story ...
TNT, yes, having a meter improves hemoglobin, and not only that, produces the stability that you can hardly manage to measure you 7 times a day, in addition to avoiding hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia and many more things ... Of course we are not having of aArtificial pancreas, and that you have to make decisions, but who has talked about it? ... and with respect to money, each one spends it on what the real wins.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/01/2011 4:05 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

And tranquility, Montse.A continuous meter gives peace of mind, that is, quality of life.that in the end is what we want anyone with diabetes.

I am convinced that in a few years the National Health System will provide us with these continuous measurement sensors in the same way that provides us with reactive strips.But for that there must be studies with figures that support the fact that a continuous meter presents improvements for the patient's health with respect to a timely meter of the current ones.Once there are these studies, they will be implemented.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/01/2011 4:10 a.m.

Yes, Gondrullo, tranquility ... until it is used, it really is not known ...
And what you say will surely come ... Angela's first endo had a study about the sanitary savings of carrying the sensor and therefore good control ... now I don't remember the figures she shuffled, but it was impressive, she spokethat with 2 hospital income a year I was practically amortized, and I no longer tell you in the medium/long term with people who have bad control and suffer complications ... but unfortunately not all endorsWith the system to get your children, in this case, forward with a good quality of life..thanks, Dr. Arroyo.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/01/2011 4:17 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

By invasive I do not mean great, I mean it is another puncture and the needle is large, at least that of Medtronic.
With the bomb I already carried a cannula in my body for 3 or 4 days, little but I do not feel like making another hole to my body :)) :)) :)).But well, for now it is .... Anyway the advantages of the continuous meter are incontestable: D

DiabetesForo
04/01/2011 4:26 a.m.

Well friends, I'm going to buy it, if someone joins that you say it and see you can get.
They have given me € 3130 for the system and the annual subscription of 7 sensor boxes.
As if he smoked again, hehe is a similar economic expense, heheko who scares me is the bad thing you are talking about the importer Novolab, that throws me a little.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/01/2011 4:51 a.m.

I spend some information about Dexcom the first link and the second is propaganda, but to see the size and things a bit (the second still has some crumb).The third the bibligorafia related to continuous meters

Link
Link
Link

tica's profile photo
tica
04/01/2011 8:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Oh! Theme meters, there are always discussions, it is something that I do not understand, especially because it always has to comment, of course against, someone who has not tried it, in short ... is like the fable of the fox and theGreen grapes or something, I don't remember how it was.The continueI compare myself with the mothers around me who have no meter, and my tranquility is infinitely greater than yours, it has nothing to do with my son's diabetes and how they live.I have read there that some "recommendations" are already circulating to implement continuous meters, one of the indications is to those under 4 years, for parents who would have to be but already, neither crisis nor milks.
I still think about the prices you give that the Guardian is cheaper, I have requested the price of the transmitter very recently and they have told me 745 (VAT included) of course I can no longer tell you the initial kit how much it costs, but if you have theParadigm pump you don't have to buy receiver, the sensors come out at about € 63 (VAT included) Four or ten boxes, calculate.They last a week, that of the 15 days of the Dexcom must be with trap, and that is secret 8)
By the way, Medtronic is going to get some new sensors, literate, this time it seems that it will be soon, I will see if I find the video link and I put it.
I will have to ask for a commission from Medtronic;););

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/03/2011 1:50 p.m.

Well I had a link that I caught in the American forum, but now it gives error, I have not found another.
To the task, I tell you what I know about the new sensors, how anger that the video, mani, Juan Luis, Velia Attentive cannot be seen!Sensor measures: 9mm, Gauge put it but I don't remember, 60% less than the current one if I remember.Insertion in 90º, the inserter superparated that of the cateters, with retractable needle.The stickers have not changed to him, he is not explained as it is, but now he will not need to put a tegaderm or similar on top.Apparently they have improved that they are more "action" (precise is translation, right?) In low glycemia.
I don't know if I forget something, but hey, I think if it's true, it's a pass.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/03/2011 2:09 p.m.

This week I think I am going to catch the Dexcom, I will see subscripts access some type of test.
And what to catch the sensors in Andorra?Does anyone know anything?How to catch them?
The truth is sure then I'm glad, but it is hard for me to decide.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/03/2011 5:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.