Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Epic, take a look at the link, there is the comparison of the 3 meters ... It must be said with respect to the Medtronic, which is the one I know, that the sensor lasts already 6 and a half days, and sometimes more ...I also understand that it is the most accurate today, the pusio has been made with nearby people and it seems that the result is so.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/05/2011 2:03 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

A great link that you have hung with the technical comparison between continuous glucose monitors .... I would like to know now the most practical part between the devices ... between the Dexcom and the Medtronic which you recommend in a matter of comfort ... II think for example that I move a lot at night ... do not move the sensors ... are annoying?
Congratulations on the forum is very good to get up to these technical issues ...
I have a couple of very interesting pages for new pots and I am monitoring two devices ("without punctures") these are their pages:

And on this page there is a lot of information about new meters but in English ... very good links and serious:

sfp's profile photo
sfp
03/17/2011 6:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see according to the comparative of the link that you put the most reliable is dexcom not the Medtronic.
I have informed myself and the Medtronic (Guardian) the most expensive with difference (€ 2000 without VAT the device) and € 59 without each of the sensors ..... I mean is the most expensive and the least reliable ...Based on the Internet for data download ....... I think I will proceed the Dexcom definitively (€ 1200 the apparatus and the pack sensors of € 420 also last more almost 2 weeks) ....
Can someone tell me your experience

sfp's profile photo
sfp
03/23/2011 8:19 a.m.

I have the Dexcom and the glycemia are very reliable

tica's profile photo
tica
03/23/2011 9:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Jo, you are already talking about Dexcom ... Do not tempt me, don't tempt me ... I have wanted for years ... and in the end it will fall ... :)) :)) :))
The problem is that consumables come out (as Mrs. Rogelia said) "Carissssmos", no matter how much each sensor last.That would be between 150 and 200 euros per month.And the truth ... it overcomes that expense ...

Of course, money will not give happiness.But it helps a lot ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/24/2011 6:58 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

We have the minilink (Guardian) and it's fine but you always want it to be 100% reliable and it is not always so, it is improvable in that aspect.The price unless they have uploaded it, to us in May last year it cost us 1,070 euros VAT included.The advantage you have if you use the pump I see from Medtronic is that "they are coupled" and for example if you are in hypoglycemia for the pump.That in children for example is an important advantage.

The Dexcom have also spoken to me very well but at the moment it is used independent of the bombs with which they are two apparatus.If they joined with the animas bombs, it would be the perfect conjunction.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
03/28/2011 7:53 a.m.

Friends, I have a contact in the Laboratory for the Dexcom, I will ask for a price, perhaps if we got together, we could "lower" something ...
Aver what you tell me.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/29/2011 4:34 a.m.

Contact at Dexcom, INC?America or Novalab Iberian that distributes in Spain the Dexcom?

I am interested in the subject.Open if you want a specific thread and probe how many would be interested.And especially what price we are talking about.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/29/2011 4:44 a.m.

Hello,

I'm also interested!I have the system, but the next week was going to ask for a sensor box.If we get together a few, I wait to ask for it, but for the next time, that now in summer I have almost followed it.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/29/2011 5:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

In Iberian Novalab.

I think they make little discount, but giving us, see what happens.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/29/2011 6:10 a.m.

above!!

Who would be interested in a Dexcom?Let's see, hands up !!

Let's see what price Epic2008 could get us ...

By the way, how are sensors right now?Does anyone know how much Novalab sells and how much can you get, for example, in Andorra?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/29/2011 7:44 a.m.

Count on me for a possible purchase together

All the best

garriga's profile photo
garriga
03/29/2011 8:06 a.m.

This week I will contact them to ask for a price for more than 5 systems, I also have some friends in the system, and see that they tell me.
Any suggestion?
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/29/2011 11:35 a.m.

that's it.Updated prices today:

OFFER

Full Kit Dexcom System Seven Plus (STK-7CE-724) that includes transmitter, receiver, leather case to carry the receiver with a belt clip, instruction manual, simplified use guide, Data Manager 3 program and cable for download cableData: 1,100.00 EUR + VAT (8%)

CONSUMABLES:

-4 sensor box (STS-7K-004): 320.00 EUR + VAT (8%)

- Offer Vale discount: for the purchase of two or more sensor boxes, it is generated a voucher of 50 euros valid for the next purchase of equal or greater amount that is made in the next four months.

- Subscription offer: for the purchase of six boxes of sensors, it is bonus with a more box (6+1) to be supplied according to their needs over a year.

To acquire it, medical prescription is necessary

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/29/2011 11:45 a.m.

Fast, fast, hehe I suppose that there will be little variation in prices, but anyway I tell you something.
Medical prescription?
I need an endocrine to prescribe it?
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/29/2011 1:23 p.m.

Hello,

As this month I have to ask for sensors without fail, I have asked if there is a discount for common orders, I have not specified anything else, I do not think we get anything ...

The same if we manage to gather seven, a box leaves for free ... and so we get the box for 296 with VAT, each sensor = & GT;€ 75 assuming that they last an average 17 days ... the day comes out for = & GT;4.3
If the loose boxes are purchased, the price is 345.6 with VAT, each sensor = & GT;€ 86.4 and the day comes out of 5. If there is not so much difference., The hard thing is to release the 345 euros suddenly: P

tica's profile photo
tica
03/30/2011 4:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Forgive the delay, but Esque everything needs your time, but I can advance that for now I am getting something ...
System kit € 990 + VAT (trusting me that I still negotiate, hehe)

All the best

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/31/2011 7:47 a.m.

Aah !!And a free system use course.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/31/2011 7:49 a.m.

Aver tell me that the system + 7 sensor boxes € 1920 + VAT

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/31/2011 8:20 a.m.

THE SYSTEM + 7 SENSOR BOXES € 1920 + VAT.It seems very cheap ... Sure not just the seven boxes?The offer is 6 boxes and we give you a ...

tica's profile photo
tica
03/31/2011 9:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.