Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Gema3, look to see if it is possible that we give us more data from the Dexcom, please .... It would seem interesting to compare the surfaces, no statistics and inventions, much better about practice ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/02/2010 3:48 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I am also very interested in knowing things about Dexcom.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/02/2010 9:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone:

I don't know what you want to know, I will try to give an overview and if you want to expand something you tell me:

-Inbid the pile of time that is used, a product called Skin Tac must be used to improve adhesion, it is a towel that is passed through the skin, I suppose the people who use pump know.Until today we had two sensors, the first one lasted 10 days, did not put himself with Skin Tac and was slowly taking off, I think that's why he lasted less.The second turns tomorrow 2 weeks and without problem until now.
-The sensor consists of two parts, on the one hand the "wiring" that is click and the issuer.First it is click with an artifact that brings (the truth is that a little appliance), the issuer is withdrawn and fits.It is then calibrated by selecting the "Start Sensor" function in the console it brings.The hard calibration process about 2 or 3 hours.Then he asks for two blood glucose readings, and from there a graphic with readings is coming out every 5 minutes or so, when you spend another "start sensor" and that's it.
- At least you have to introduce two glycemia readings a day to recalibrate, we make a blood glucose before each meal and another at night, we all introduce them and thus it is self-healing better.
-In the screen you can see graphics of 1,3,6,12 and 24 hours, in addition to the current reading and the trend.
-All time you inject insulin, hydrates are ingested, exercise, rule, fever, etc., is introduced as data.Subsequently, it connects to a computer and the readings are discharged together with the data entered, in this way the evolution of the glucose is seen according to all the factors in the form of graphics, with statistics, etc.
-He several alarms, hippal threshold and hyperglycemia, as well as a trend of up or down, that is, if it starts to rise or lower very fast it warns you.

We bought it for the fear of nocturnal hypoglycemia, and on the first day we ended up doing more than 10 glycemia since it did not stop whistling.We thought the device was wrong.There is always a difference between glycemia and reading, this is due to two factors, on the one hand the sensor measure is interstitial, and they are delayed with respect to blood, and the second is the uncertainty of the sensor itself and that of the sensor itselfGlycemia, this is more pronounced the further the reading of the range between 80 and 200 is.
The truth is that when we did blood2 in the morning a hyperglycemia appears, sometimes with two peaks, which is gradually disappearing, and in the morning the blood glucose is normal.The same happens between meals.In any case, the dose of the insulin dose is done based on glycemia.

EA, what has said, if you want more information nothing more to ask.
All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
03/02/2010 4:15 p.m.

Thanks Gema: d

Is the insertion very painful?How many mm does the "barbed wire" have?
Do you put a sticker on the "emitter-scoring? Or it is maintained only with the adhesive that brings enhanced by the wipe you comment? (Which by the way, I did not know).
The 14 days I have freaked out ...
The first day do you use it to calibrate the device well and notice that the figures do not correspond to the glucometer measures?
The difference between the meter measurements with those of the gluco, I imagine that they will struggle fundamentally when the glycemia is raising or lowering ... we do not usually measure, rather, calibrate, until it is stabilized, and thus we see if there is gap,But come on, if we let it be "are", fixed ...
What you talk about hyper at night ... I don't know what your daughter has, but it is clear that this situation that would be easily resolved with an insulin bomb ... Of course since I know the meter I understand much better why sometimes sometimes, with apparent good controls we have little acceptable ...

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/03/2010 4:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Keep in mind that indeed, there is a decalage between the reading of the continuous meter and the measurement in capillary blood.Approximately 10-15 minutes.Important?Yes, but it is.Therefore, you have to know what a continuous meter and its limitations are, which has them.Therefore, regardless of the decalage (the glucose takes longer to reach the tissues than to the small capillaries, hence the difference), we must know that these types of meters basically serve to know the trend.Although your mistake is also sometimes significant, knowing this trend allows us to be alert before there is a potentially dangerous situation.The continuous sensor error is always greater in very high and very low values, but that is why the graph of the last hours serves, where we see where we are going.And that is why in the end, it whips us by hypoglycemia, we will probably not really have it, given its mistake, but in any case, seeing the trend, we were going to have it shortly, and that allows us to act in advance and advance ourselves to scares.

Continuous meters allow usDoctors are shielding against them by saying that studies claim that the improvement of hemo with a continuous meter is only 0.3-0.4%.But what they do not say is the improvement in the glycemic variability that we can achieve.

It seems to me something fun-dome-tal, and I want it for years.But I'm afraid I will have to keep waiting.

By the way, novelties regarding Novalab Iberica, Dexcom's distributors and Pelikan Sun.Regarding the latter, it turns out that the Japanese company that manufactured it has declared bankruptcy, so I fear that the holders of one of these good pots have four days left to get spare parts of their needles.A true work.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/03/2010 4:28 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Velia, regarding your questions:

The wire is 10 mm in length with 0.2 mm in diameter in the thickest part, it is inserted at 45º, therefore the perpendicular depth to the skin is 7mm.
If you look at the wire, it is just a little longer than a needle, while the diameter is the same, however it is inserted with a cannula that is 0.3 mm in diameter.Because of that, insertion is no more painful than the prick of insulin.

The insertion must be done in several steps:
1.- Adhere the sticker to the skin
2.- First movement to insert the cannula
3.- The cannula will be extended and the wiring is inside
4.- The prick will be extended
5.- Fit the issuer
Obviously all this is done with a prick that brings.
On top of the sticker there is no need to put anything, we even go to the pool, really if you see that you are going to have some type of rubbing, it is convenient to protect with something, in this case the swimsuit.

Ready to duration.This last sensor has lasted 18 days, and I think it no longer worked because the sticker has taken off, I already commented that there are people who last up to three weeks, I suspect that it depends on the sweat of the skin and the amount of coating that the organism doesas a response to the foreign body that is the sensor.

The calibration is done as follows: once the sensor is placed, "Start Sensor" is selected and it is for a while autocalibrating, then it asks you to do two glycemia and introduce the readings, and that's it.Of course this is better to do when blood glucose is flatter, but the question is how is it known when it is flatter, taking only specific data?I already said that we do blood glucose as always (meals and night) and all the data is introduced, so it is more frequent and more refine.

ATTACHING A file with one of the graphics that come out, the red points are the measurements we make, and the blue ones that the sensor makes.There you can see the nocturnal hyperglycemia, and as it appears corrected in the morning.

Greetings to all

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
03/07/2010 3:09 p.m.

Thanks Gema !!!
What continues to impress me are the days that lasts, that is wonderful ... and that you don't have to put a sticker on top.The rest is similar to that of Medtronic, well, the insertion is different as well.
It is appreciated in the graph that measures quite well, the calibrations coincide with the measure that the sensor gives ... it is very good.
Too bad you do not have the pump, because you would correct that hyper (so annoying in sight: d) in a plis .....
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2010 3:44 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very interesting Gema3, the fact of not having to put a dressing on is a great achievement, for me that is a great failure of Medtronic, and it seems that they have no thought of solving it.You see 14 days, what happened!I leave my son 6-8 days but the last one has been infected: |I find that Medtronic's is also very precise, as long as the calibrations are satisfied.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/08/2010 12:23 p.m.

Very interesting, if I also believe that 14 days is fantastic.And it seems that measurements are quite precise too.
Is Medtronic's detachment a lot?

lola's profile photo
lola
03/08/2010 2:37 p.m.

Hello, I carry the Medtronic and my educator since I started with the sensor gives me a transparent sticker to put it on.On top

paula's profile photo
paula
03/08/2010 2:59 p.m.

The Medtronic more than taking off is that it weighs a little and is loose on the one hand and any rubbWe have to put a stronger and bigger dressing, and that lately it is sitting fatal to the skin, itchs and leaves the area very irritated ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2010 4:55 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia have you tried Omnifix's dressings?You can cut them with the shape that you want (it is a large roll) perhaps they are the ones you use, I don't know, I use them with the little one since they almost put the insulin pump, for the catheter (it took off) it has neverGiven allergy, that does not see that you see, you know I take it with the splash of alcohol that is a holy hand (as you already checked).

A hug

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/09/2010 4:06 a.m.

hehe, they say that there are only two types of dressings, those who do not stick and those who do not know ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
03/09/2010 4:16 a.m.

Lena uses some of the voidifix, they are from the Handsaplast brand, I also cut them ... they have never given him a reaction so far, maybe he has the most sensitive area, I do not know, or maybe it is the anesthetic, for thinkingsomething....
He was infected, Mornita?Wow, what anger, I hope it has been at the end.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2010 4:49 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello guys, first forgive me because I have not been able to read much about the comments of this topic, right now I do not have much time but I willHe told me about one who did not need to prick and told me that as soon as they had it I was going to be "the guinea pig" and they were going to try it with me, and if I did well they gave it to me.
Then at night I read all the comments in case this has already been said and I am putting the leg.
A kiss

so_shy's profile photo
so_shy
03/12/2010 8:36 a.m.

Yes, Velia, when I removed it, I look very bad about the little hole, I squeezed a little and pus came out :?, I washed well with soap and water, and put a torque picotito, the first thing that occurred to me, luckily the next day I already had it well, and palpating I did not notice any inner bulge.With forgiveness, but the Medtronic System is very bad, the point of insertion of the sensor is too exposed to "inclement" and on topTegaderm as with the VI 3000 is watering and if I do not give a dryer, a Christ is made.What dressing is that of Handsaplast?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/12/2010 9:50 a.m.

Well, I'm crazy looking for an alternative, speaking with endocrine and etc ..., because I am going to make an Iron Man and I would like to carry one of them, but I see that it is still expensive and almost without guarantees because every timeYou have to modify something and put new material. In an end if any@ moves to you, thanks.

... And if I will not do it as until now, looking at me glucose, for sensations ... and I thought you had already passed the age of stone ...

JON LEI's profile photo
JON LEI
01/04/2011 6:30 p.m.

Hello, have you seen the meter that carries the Type 1 Javier Mejias corridor?I do Duathlon and I'm crazy looking for it for me would be a dream !!!
Thank you

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
02/04/2011 3:09 a.m.

What meter are supposed to be? I have been looking at several articles and in none of them talk about brands:?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/04/2011 4:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

It is from the Freestyle company.
All the best

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
02/04/2011 9:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.