Blood glucose meter without drawing blood, in the USA

gorkaioseba's profile photo   09/27/2009 8:18 p.m.

Radiofrequency is used for this type of communications because it is still the most valid.Radiofrequency are TDT emissions, radio communications for civil, military, police, radio frequency are wireless communications in the home sphere (the popularly known as WiFi or "Gufy" for friends), radiofrequency is the well -known by all Bluetooth...
The topic is not so much the technology used as the frequency range in which you are going to establish that communication.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2009 10:54 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Link ... V%253as%7e >

GONDRULLO: It is true that prices have uploaded, look at 4 sensors/275 $

Although I hope they have improved their quality control, because I often read an American forum where they put the sensors a lot, perhaps they have improved with the new version.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/30/2009 10:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, that is the price that I have used to see the increase they have hit the sensors if you buy them in Novalab.In the US there are 190 euros to change against the more than 300 euros if you buy them here.The difference is abysmal.For that price, I prefer to buy them there and send them to me in the first class of Iberia to Bilbao.And from the airport to my house, in taxi ... :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2009 11:05 a.m.

The radiofence was because I told him that the device I have of baby surveillance loses my sensor, come on to hear the alarms and I lose my sensor so I stay the same.

The transmitter change every year, it also seems like a milonga, I asked if there was no "cap" to put it on the sensor when my son is going to swim, they tell me that he does not have to get into the water with the sensor, I saidFor what if the pump is at the box office, the safe sensor is lost, there I noticed a moment of doubt, no, not that the Comorrr sensor can be oxidized?Anyway, I think I will do the experiment hehe!: Twisted:

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/30/2009 11:07 a.m.

Mormita, you can put it in the pool with the transmitter (you cannot remove it since both the sensor and the transmitter itself could be spoiled), another thing is that it remains stuck in the skin (we have not achieved it, and we have tried manyAposites) ..... the gossip continues to measure for a while (I cannot specify how much, I will find out), even if the pump or the receiver is not on the side, and then already turn the glycemia when they are close again.
If it works for you without taking off, counts, please, that for us it is a challenge.
Gondurulo, because the Medtronic delegate of prices was whole :?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/30/2009 11:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

It is not clear to me about the Guardian ... that there is a model that can go without a bomb and another that is the minimed 722 pump that reflects the blood glucose data?And then it is composed of transmitter, receiver and device where the measurement is reflected, right?hehehe and that in euros as soon as it translates, something like Dexcom is not?

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/30/2009 4:04 p.m.

The truth is that they could already get something to measure us sugar, which for many things innovate and for others not

Marsi's profile photo
Marsi
12/30/2009 5:07 p.m.

This is the Guardian, the receiver is actually the same as a pump (the housing) and you would take it in the pocket or hung in the belt just like a pump, the minilink (the semicircular piece) is linked to the sensor (which is stuckin the same meats) and transmits unalambrically to the receiver.How much is it worth?No idea.

Send a message to ask for information and answer you.
You will tell us.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/31/2009 3:41 a.m.

1 month ago I asked for prices from Minilink and Medtronic passed the same rate that Mornita and Velia have pointed out.

If they did it via hospital, I think they would work in the same way as with the pump, they "lend" the patient and the company would invoice a rental for consumables and the transmitter to the hospital ... so that it would not be necessary to buy the transmitter if thishealth product will be part of the Social Security coverage.

This is something that Fede should work, encourage a protocol similar to that existing for pumps and in cases of labile diabetes, it was supplied.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/31/2009 3:59 a.m.

Nas, only as info added I put the links of the threads where we have talked about life and miracles of the Minilink.Let's see when someone can give info about the operation of the Dexcom.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
12/31/2009 4:48 a.m.

Supercabreo: Twisted :.
I cannot believe that among all you cannot press the public administration to finance this type of sensor.I think the time has come to do something.

As for Dexcom and others take advantage of the need, but we should agree and make some boycott.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/09/2010 1:34 p.m.

Hello:
We already have the Dexcom.

What do you want to know?

Very pleasant surprise how well it works: d.
In principle the sensors are changed every week, but the endo has not said that they last 2 without problem, and even he has a patient who lasts 3 weeks.
The only problem so far is the adhesive of the patch it brings (after 1 hour in the pool), I suppose that due to ignorance, the ideal way to prepare the skin.
I know there are some adhesives for that, the endo told us that some towels called Skin-Tac, but it seems that in Spain they do not sell them.
Is there any substitute?Can anyone give me some guidance about it?:?

Incredible glucose fluctuations over time.

I await your questions

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/28/2010 4:52 p.m.

Have you bought a dexcom?

Is it very rare to see these two posts in a row, because they are antagonistic :-) Didn't you propose to make them a boycott?
I was also determined to buy it, but when I saw that prices in Spain are much more expensive than in the US, it seemed like a robbery, I let it know with an email, and I decided to wait, with the hope that their meager sales will do themrethink the price policy they have established.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/29/2010 3:17 a.m.

Grondullo:

That you have to put gasoline in the car does not mean that you agree with its price.
However, you are right, that's why I bought it in the United States, it is my way of boycotting.
The Novalab seems to me an abuse, since all they do is bring it, the cost of transport is veryy.
In addition, according to their response, it seems that they want to amortize investment with prices in Spain.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/30/2010 7:33 a.m.

congratulations.I sincerely envy you.I think that currently, that device is my greatest yearning.But still bringing it from there thanks to someone who goes (because I do not currentfucking.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/01/2010 3:28 a.m.

Hello everyone.

I have also been behind the Dexcom for quite some time and in the first instance I tried to buy it directly to the USA, but without prescription of a doctor there, impossible.

I recently contacted Novalab and I was surprised with the prices of the device and consumables, especially considering the current exchange rate.The most logical (and is what other companies do) would have been to apply equivalence 1 $ -1 €, that is, the sensors cost € 275 here and $ 275 in the USA, which is already fine.

My question goes to gema3 , to see if it can help us telling us what to do to buy the device directly to Dexcom.

Thank you all.

falconwings's profile photo
falconwings
02/17/2010 4:48 a.m.

Hello,

I bought it with Novolab, and the truth is that I am not happy with the service it has given me.They sent it to me soon, but I had to wait more than a week for someone to explain how they worked (they did not "let me" read the intructions and try it without first receiving a class) apart from other things that I do not feel like saying in caseThey read it and know who I am (I suppose we will be four cats we have bought them)

There are different offers to make six boxes cheaper and give you anotherMedical material ... It looks like supermarket offers ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/18/2010 10:23 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Falconwings:

Well, you have the answer, the method to buy it in the USA is basically "bribery " to a doctor from there to make you a card and they sell it to you.
It is not receiving to have to resort to these methods, it is something I need for my illness and there are those who take advantage.I still think that something should be done in common to change the situation.
By the way the other day my endocrine told me that they had enabled the reading with the Metronic sensor at 6 days.They had it enabled three days to earn more money!, You have to have face.Disgusting.
With Dexcon, a week he tells you to change the sensor, you give the button again and start again.It has lasted 12 days.And I even know someone who uses it for three weeks.

With insulin the same happens.We (which we do not have a pump) need to refine the dose in increases of 0.5 units.In Spain you can not get the pen of 0.5 units, since it is rechargeable and insulin is not sold in cartridges, however in the rest countries yes.(For this I don't know Europe) why?I suppose it is more beneficial for the pharmaceuticalThe administration cares about this?Stamping paying taxes and on top of without access to what I need!In the end who pays the duck is the children.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
02/18/2010 3:34 p.m.

Gema3, how lucky the sensor lasts for you, in that case it is much cheaper than it seemed not?come to measure well 10, but not always and with Truqui ...
I would like you to comment on something about the reliability, the calibrated you do and the insertion, how it is aggressive ...
Of course with the bomb you would take a barbaric benefit to the sensor ...
Regarding the feathers, the whole reason ... is incredible, it reminds me of when we used lantus only the bolis that increased the units of 2 in 2:-/, you can imagine, or you were very short or hippledTo the song, because in a 6 -year -old girl, you will tell me.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 4:44 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Truqui ????Please, a private with explanation 8)

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/19/2010 10:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.